Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Isla Vista University Shooting 05/23/13

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
radaddio

PostSubject: Re: Isla Vista University Shooting 05/23/13   Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:17 pm

It is sad, but at least some variants of feminism (gender equality) focused on aspects of traditional masculine and feminine portrayals that needed to be changed like mental health, paternity leave and pursuit of careers outside of the social norm for your gender.

Nothing really good has come from the male-oriented groups, and a lot of their manifestos read just like you said; guys who can't get any and are pissed about it.
Back to top Go down
James411

PostSubject: Re: Isla Vista University Shooting 05/23/13   Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:02 pm

It seem Elliot taunted his victims before shooting them. This is kind of intersting.

the road, pulling up next to her. Swartz was on the east side of El Embarcadero between El Nido
and Del Playa. The suspect said, “Hey, what’s up?” and Swartz described him as a “totally normal”
guy with brown hair and sunglasses. Swartz said, “What’s up?” and continued walking
northbound on El Embarcadero.
Swartz looked back at the suspect who was still looking at her. The suspect lifted a “little black
gun” from his lap, which he held in his right hand, near his chest. The suspect never extended the
gun from the window. About one second later, Swartz heard a gunshot and was surprised she
wasn’t struck due to being so close. She wondered if the gun was even real.
Swartz said the suspect was smiling and had a “little grin” on his face

PostSubject: Re: Isla Vista University Shooting 05/23/13   Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:13 am

So i recently read this guy's manifesto...wow...just wow. I remember when it happened and I didn't pay too much attention to it on the news I just thought oh its just another nutcase. But this guy remembers very vividly ever incident that ever happened to him back well into childhood and he held on to all of that stuff forever until he finally snapped. It's a shame nobody saw anything wrong with him early enough to get him some real help.
Back to top Go down
James411

PostSubject: Re: Isla Vista University Shooting 05/23/13   Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:46 am

The world made him act that way.
Back to top Go down
James411

PostSubject: Re: Isla Vista University Shooting 05/23/13   Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:47 am

Or I guess genetics.
Back to top Go down
FlyerFan

PostSubject: Re: Isla Vista University Shooting 05/23/13   Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:42 pm

Like everything in his 141 pages of crap that he mentions ruined his life forever are just everyday occurrences that happen to people everywhere all the time, they are just normal every day things. I know they say he had Asperger's syndrome but I have a cousin with that and he doesn't act like a loon at all so I know there was MUCH more then that wrong with this guy. Like everything he wrote about that bothered him had to do with other people living normal lives. He couldn't live a normal life for whatever reason whether it had to do with aspergers or if he had other serious issues on top of that (which he totally did!).

Anyway thats what i have been reading for the last few days and all i can think about now is how mundane and trivial the things are that he let bother him. You're 22 and haven't had sex or a girlfriend? YOU ARE ONLY 22! THERE ARE STILL MANY YEARS LEFT FOR YOU TO GET YOURSELF SOME HELP AND FIX YOUR LIFE AND THEN MAYBE YOU CAN MEET SOMEBODY!

Speaking as a woman myself, no woman in her right mind would date someone who talked and behaved like him.
Back to top Go down
James411

PostSubject: Re: Isla Vista University Shooting 05/23/13   Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:49 pm

I honestly can relate to his manifesto, he was the first mass shooter which interested me.The problem is once violent passions are inflamed they cannot be moderated by any human reason or logic.

Sometimes behavior can be very illogical.
Back to top Go down
James411

PostSubject: Re: Isla Vista University Shooting 05/23/13   Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:52 pm

I do not think it 141 pages of crap, I mean you are entitled to your opinion certainly, but he lays out his motivations rather clearly, that is very important. Anyway it does really mater he is dead....
Back to top Go down
FlyerFan

PostSubject: Re: Isla Vista University Shooting 05/23/13   Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:46 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I do not think it 141 pages of crap, I mean you are entitled to your opinion certainly, but he lays out his motivations rather clearly, that is very important. Anyway it does really mater he is dead....

By crap I mean that he only complains about one thing the entire time, women. You're going to kill people and yourself over women? I didn't mean that it was just terrible to read I just mean it's redundant.

It does matter even if he is dead, because he took innocent people out with him and their families will never get them back. I read somewhere that his own family doesn't even publicly acknowledge his death, its almost as if they just went on with their lives and pretend he never existed, that is kind of sad. They could have gotten him help as a child when everybody first started noticing he was different. Maybe their social status and money made them think that they could fix it by buying him anything he wanted, which he talks about also in those 141 pages. They bought him expensive clothes to make him feel better, a new car, computers, they paid his rent. I think this was a big mistake, whether you are rich or not because you're basically just letting your kids know they don't have to work for what they want because they can have it all. He wrote that he turned down several jobs that he thought were below him. He felt so entitled all his life that he didn't seem to comprehend how normal people even live.

I understand something was wrong with him, and that he felt like he was tortured, but I still think he could have received help. All of the things he wrote about that were "horrible" and "absolutely terrible" were not even anything done directly to him, it was just him watching other people have fun, those people didn't even know he hated them. He also mentioned having several facebook stalking accounts so that he could see what all of those people were doing. He was obsessed with fitting in with society and getting women and sex, for some reason he thought that those were the only goals people have in life.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: Isla Vista University Shooting 05/23/13   Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:41 am

Yep. That's ALL he ever talked about was women. How women hated him. How women ruined his life. Women, women, women. The thing with this guy though, he never even tried to approach or speak to any women. He just expected them to flock on over to him. Which they never did. Probably because he came off creepy as hell. And he was this tiny, little dude. Who wants a tiny little guy for a boyfriend? And one that is creepy as hell on top of that. I can't say I don't blame women for not liking him. But I'm sure if he lowered his standards and actually tried talking to some girls, he could have at least gotten a few dates.

PostSubject: Re: Isla Vista University Shooting 05/23/13   Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:48 am

Yep. That's ALL he ever talked about was women. How women hated him. How women ruined his life. Women, women, women. The thing with this guy though, he never even tried to approach or speak to any women. He just expected them to flock on over to him. Which they never did. Probably because he came off creepy as hell. And he was this tiny, little dude. Who wants a tiny little guy for a boyfriend? And one that is creepy as hell on top of that. I can't say I don't blame women for not liking him. But I'm sure if he lowered his standards and actually tried talking to some girls, he could have at least gotten a few dates.

Yeah, I read the entire 141 pages and all he ever mentioned was going for walks and HOPING women would notice him. That's not usually how it works, lol. I mean we don't just come up to random men on the street and fall all over them...in fact we're usually told not to do that because it's dangerous. affraid

I feel sorry for him that he grew up with his social disorder and that his parents let him believe that everybody lives wealthy like that and should have high expectations for life. He made several references to flying first class and living in upscale places and he was absolutely mortified to fly with "regular" people or to be seen at his mothers apartment when she had to move to what he called a low scale scum place, which I googled by the way and it looks fantastic to me. lol
Back to top Go down
Ldude

PostSubject: Re: Isla Vista University Shooting 05/23/13   Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:42 am

Last edited by Ldude on Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sscc
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Isla Vista University Shooting 05/23/13   Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:45 am

Has anyone gone through the report?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

On page 2: "The suspect used several large hunting-type knives in the stabbings, a Sig Sauer P226 9mm semiautomatic pistol in the shootings, and a 2008 black BMW 328i sedan in the vehicular assaults."

This is the same gun that was found unused in Adam Lanza's front left pocket. Elliot Rodger mentioned researching suicide by gunshot in "My Twisted World." Do you think he also researched mass shootings?

According to the report, Rodger at least searched the internet for information on George Sodini (all the way back in September of 2012) who was actually very similar to him in some ways. He posted on the internet about his inability to get women to date or have sex with him (although he wasn't a virgin like Rodger) and he targeted women when he went through with his shooting. Also, the Isla Vista report mentions

Quote :
Noteworthy information was provided by a librarian who works at the Santa Barbara City College library. The librarian reported that she assisted a person, matching the suspect’s description, with locating books on serial killers and mass murder. She helped this person on two separate occasions, with the last occasion being approximately two to three months prior to May 23, 2014. 126 The person she assisted only viewed the books in the library and did not check them out.

If you look at the snippets of internet search history listed in the report, he also searched for "Xingjian railway station terrorist knife attack explosion bombing" and "Guangzhou train station knife attack" a little over a week before his own attack but it's hard to say whether he did any more research because the report says that these were just a few pieces of the search history. I personally think that they would have included other relevant searches in the report so we might be able to infer that at the very least, he didn't do any more searches on his own laptop computer. However, if that was definitely him at the library, then it's possible that he did some internet searches about mass murder on computers that did not belong to him.

In regard to the gun he used, I would say that if Rodger researched Lanza and he knew that Lanza killed himself with a Glock 20SF then why would he have chosen to use the pistol that Lanza never even took out of his pocket if it was related? I would assume that Rodger's suicide research probably focused more on the proper technique because although I don't know that much about guns, I think that the trajectory (and maybe the caliber?) would be more relevant than the particular model of gun.

Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Isla Vista University Shooting 05/23/13   Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:02 am

I agree with sscc. They looked thru his history and found he had searched for several different things related to murdering people. While we don't have concrete proof of him being on any mass shooting sites and posting like Lanza I don't doubt he visited them.

Ldude

PostSubject: Re: Isla Vista University Shooting 05/23/13   Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:00 pm

Last edited by Ldude on Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Isla Vista University Shooting 05/23/13   Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:31 am

BTW, ty for posting that link [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I hadn't read it before and it was quite interesting!

Isla Vista University Shooting 05/23/13
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3