Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

The Columbine Tag on Tumblr

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:56 pm

Quote :
I suppose that is possible. I guess I am just thinking about Dylan and Eric's families and how the would feel if they saw that. But then again, you are right, Dylan and Eric did want to make history with what they were doing, so perhaps they would want their death photo all over the place and turned into puzzles, pillowcases and T-shirts.

I suppose the question for fans is where their loyalty lies. To E/D's families or to E/D themselves. I'm certain that E/D's families wish the whole thing would go away and the world would forget about Columbine and stop dragging it up. That's not what E/D wanted though. Their life goals were vastly different than what their parents wanted for them.

I often wonder what E/D would think of some of the things their fans do. What would they think of the gay fanfiction? Would they be amused that they've become so iconic that their names are being used everywhere? Would they laugh because people are this fucked up that they can write that stuff? Maybe they would be happy that the crude fanfiction and art is offending their victim's families?
Back to top Go down
StinkyOldGrapes

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:20 am

Quote :
But then again, you are right, Dylan and Eric did want to make history with what they were doing, so perhaps they would want their death photo all over the place and turned into puzzles, pillowcases and T-shirts.

E/D wanted to be famous. True. They got what they wanted. They chucked their lives away so they could end up a puzzle on someone's Tumblr page.

Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:43 pm

AussieLurker wrote:
Quote :
I suppose that is possible. I guess I am just thinking about Dylan and Eric's families and how the would feel if they saw that. But then again, you are right, Dylan and Eric did want to make history with what they were doing, so perhaps they would want their death photo all over the place and turned into puzzles, pillowcases and T-shirts.

I suppose the question for fans is where their loyalty lies. To E/D's families or to E/D themselves. I'm certain that E/D's families wish the whole thing would go away and the world would forget about Columbine and stop dragging it up. That's not what E/D wanted though. Their life goals were vastly different than what their parents wanted for them.

I often wonder what E/D would think of some of the things their fans do. What would they think of the gay fanfiction? Would they be amused that they've become so iconic that their names are being used everywhere? Would they laugh because people are this fucked up that they can write that stuff? Maybe they would be happy that the crude fanfiction and art is offending their victim's families?
I doubt they would appreciate the gay fanfiction, but what do they expect when they go and do a massacre wearing the same pair of underwear?

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:16 pm

Jenn wrote:
AussieLurker wrote:
Quote :

I doubt they would appreciate the gay fanfiction, but what do they expect when they go and do a massacre wearing the same pair of underwear?

Or sharing the same pair of gloves for that matter..
Back to top Go down
StinkyOldGrapes

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:19 pm

Quote :

What's this about them wearing the same pair of underwear? I wasn't aware of that.

Do you think either Eric or Dylan was concerned that once they graduated from Columbine they'd go on to different colleges or different life paths where they'd no longer have each other for support? This may have cemented their decision to pull off the massacre before they graduated?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:36 pm

StinkyOldGrapes wrote:
Quote :

Do you think either Eric or Dylan was concerned that once they graduated from Columbine they'd go on to different colleges or different life paths where they'd no longer have each other for support? This may have cemented their decision to pull off the massacre before they graduated?

Yes, I think a big chunk of it has to do with this.  More so with Eric than with Dylan though.  Dylan had fake plans to go to college.  He applied for colleges, he was accepted.  Dylan then went with his parents to pick out a dorm. He was proactive towards a future even though he knew it was fake.  I think a part of Dylan carved out that future so that NBK would not seem like such a complete reality.  It was back up fake reality.  It was a fake future option.  However, Eric, by contrast, didn't plan for a fake future.  Eric told everyone he'd either do computer stuff or the Marines.  Yet, he never really applied for any college and his parents were puzzled at how apathetic he was about planning his future.  The Marines came to him, he applied but kinda left that outcome open to fate. ( I guess his mother decided that fate for him by letting the Marine recruit know about his taking Luvox and I wonder if that was intentional on her part. Maybe she didn't want him to go.) Anyway, for someone so proactive and goal oriented as Eric was in school - getting good grades, being on time, etc., he had no focus or action taken for his future.   I think that Eric had such a problem losing friends from prior states/schools that a big fear for him was to go on living and lose Dylan if graduation came to pass.  I know in the Basement tapes he was trying to decide whether to do NBK before prom or after.  In any case, it would be just enough weeks away from graduation.  He decided that NBK was the future he was destined for ("this is what I want to do" ) and that he would carry out that occupation with his best friend and end his life with him too.   No chance to ever lose a best friend again.
Back to top Go down
StinkyOldGrapes

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:47 pm

Quote :
I think that Eric had such a problem losing friends from prior states/schools that a big fear for him was to go on living and lose Dylan if graduation came to pass

I'm now wondering if society's homophobic stance made it impossible for Eric to tell Dylan how much his friendship meant to him? If they hadn't gone through with the massacre if would have been difficult for them to remain such close friends into adulthood without arousing gay suspicion.

Sometimes I get the impression that Dylan didn't care whether he lived or died, so he was comfortable planning his future, but he was also comfortable dying at Columbine.

Quote :
He decided that NBK was the future he was destined for ("this is what I want to do" ) and that he would carry out that occupation with his best friend and end his life with him too.   No chance to ever lose a best friend again.

Do you think if Eric found a steady girlfriend, she would have replaced Dylan as the most important person in his life?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CatherineM813

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:44 pm

StinkyOldGrapes wrote:
Quote :
I think that Eric had such a problem losing friends from prior states/schools that a big fear for him was to go on living and lose Dylan if graduation came to pass

I'm now wondering if society's homophobic stance made it impossible for Eric to tell Dylan how much his friendship meant to him? If they hadn't gone through with the massacre if would have been difficult for them to remain such close friends into adulthood without arousing gay suspicion.

Sometimes I get the impression that Dylan didn't care whether he lived or died, so he was comfortable planning his future, but he was also comfortable dying at Columbine.

Quote :
He decided that NBK was the future he was destined for ("this is what I want to do" ) and that he would carry out that occupation with his best friend and end his life with him too.   No chance to ever lose a best friend again.

Do you think if Eric found a steady girlfriend, she would have replaced Dylan as the most important person in his life?

I'm sure Eric would feel a bit uncomfortable telling Dylan how much their friendship meant to him. But I think if Columbine hadn't happened then Eric and Dylan would eventually drift apart. I think this because Dylan would have moved to Arizona and I really couldn't picture Eric following his best friend to college. They might have remained friends and saw eachother over breaks and stuff but I don't think they would have been as close.

And maybe if Eric's was in a serious relationship it would have been more important than his friendship with Dylan. Or maybe he would have wanted and tried to keep the relationship and friendship equal.

StinkyOldGrapes

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:12 pm

Quote :
I'm sure Eric would feel a bit uncomfortable telling Dylan how much their friendship meant to him. But I think if Columbine hadn't happened then Eric and Dylan would eventually drift apart.

Do you think that if Eric (later in life) had found another close friend, he would have attempted to talk him into a different massacre?

I feel like killing people was something that Eric was really devoted to. He couldn't see himself as anything other than a murderer.

Once he became too old to shoot up his school, what other target do you think he would focus on? I've considered that he might attack a public event. That would run the risk of killing children though, and Eric would be a lot less sympathetic if he did that. 

Do you think that Eric or Dylan would have attracted much less sympathy if their target had not been their school?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CatherineM813

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:28 pm

If Columbine hadn't happened I would hope Eric would have gotten the help he needed and outgrew his I hate the world and I want to kill everyone phase. I'm an optimist. But if this wasn't the case then maybe he would have gone through with his fantasy of crashing buildings into NYC. Random thought but since he lived in New York for a couple of years I wonder if he visited NYC.

And I think it's possible that they would have gotten less sympathy if they did a shooting at the mall or movie theatre.

StinkyOldGrapes

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:46 pm

Quote :
And I think it's possible that they would have gotten less sympathy if they did a shooting at the mall or movie theatre.

It's an interesting thought. Eric was clear that he wanted to "Kill Mankind". At the time he committed the massacre he was, without a doubt, willing to attack other places too. He was capable of shooting at a mall just as much as he was capable of killing his classmates.

If they shot up a mall, I think the blame on video games would have been even worse. People would have seen the attack as two video game playing children who couldn't tell the difference between fantasy and reality. They'd find it difficult to come to any other explanation. 

I think it also would have been worse for their families if they'd chosen somewhere else besides the school. Dylan's mother views Dylan's death as a suicide. If he'd been vicious enough to attack innocent families at a mall, his homicidal desires wouldn't have been so easy to deny.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CatherineM813

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

CatherineM813

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
“In january 1999, Jennifer and her friend were involved in a minor car accident with Dylan Klebold while in the school parking lot.
Dylan told her she shouldn’t worry about it because the car had been hit before. Eric got out of the passanger side of Dylan’s car and got angry. Then Dylan ordered him to get back in the car, which he did. Dylan was a gentleman.

Is that the same Jennifer that was mentioned in the Basement Tapes?

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:00 pm

CatherineM813 wrote:

“In january 1999, Jennifer and her friend were involved in a minor car accident with Dylan Klebold while in the school parking lot.
Dylan told her she shouldn’t worry about it because the car had been hit before. Eric got out of the passanger side of Dylan’s car and got angry. Then Dylan ordered him to get back in the car, which he did. Dylan was a gentleman.

Is that the same Jennifer that was mentioned in the Basement Tapes?

No, it's a different Jennifer.

Just looked it up.. "Jen" in the basement tapes - Jennifer Grant (and Rachael Goodwin)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:32 pm

I saw this girl on tumblr saying she hooked up with eric harris before he died but says she is only 25 now. do you think she was probably lying?
Back to top Go down
CatherineM813

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:08 pm

Yes I don't believe that for a second.!!

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:42 am

I probably have a new favourite site on tumblr.
Hell, these girls are crazy Laughing
Back to top Go down
StinkyOldGrapes

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:42 am

Hale-Bopp wrote:
On that page, there is a link "Hybristophilia hater? Read these posts"

Did you read those?

I'd be interested to know how people people justify their animosity towards these girls after reading those posts.

I suppose these type of girls are just easy targets to attack, much like E/D were just easy targets for people at their school.

People love to find someone they can hate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StinkyOldGrapes

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:23 am

On the Tumblr page above, someone posted this:

"What I want is crazy, I know, it's impossible. I want a man who is rotten to the core, who has done terrible things to people... but who will love me. I want to be his one weakness. I want a maniac who hasn't been stopped, who hasn't been noticed. I want to protect him; clean the blood from his hands when he comes home. I want a man who makes me feel like a lion-tamer, proud and happy in the relationship I have nurtured with a strong and powerful predator but always aware that he could turn on me."

These people are attracted to power. Seems normal to me. Female sexuality is an embarrassing subject for society. Parents don't talk to their teenage daughters rationally about lust/sex. So when girls have violent sexual thoughts they're probably not sure what to do with them, which I think is why a lot of E/D fangirls handle their thoughts in inappropriate ways.

But these girls seem like a bunch of nice people. The author of the above Tumblr page seems very intelligent, considerate, and interesting.

I hate the abuse these poor girls get.

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:31 am

Quote :
On that page, there is a link "Hybristophilia hater? Read these posts"

Did you read those?

I'd be interested to know how people people justify their animosity towards these girls after reading those posts.

I suppose these type of girls are just easy targets to attack, much like E/D were just easy targets for people at their school.

People love to find someone they can hate.

No, I didnt read that. Should I? I never said, that I hate them.
Back to top Go down
CatherineM813

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:27 am

On the Columbine Tag, a person sent a letter to Jefferson County after the shootings regarding NWO ,Columbine conspiracy and Eric being on mind control. It's really interesting but unfortunaly my laptop is not allowing me to copy and paste.

Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:44 pm

Take screenshots?

CatherineM813

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:53 am

Has anyone seen the face swap of E/D on Tumblr? It's quite funny to see them as each other.

Wideawake

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:30 am

CatherineM813 wrote:
Has anyone seen the face swap of E/D on Tumblr? It's quite funny to see them as each other.

Saw it, and was very amused by it. And a little disturbed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CatherineM813

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:31 pm

So, too, are the Harrises well remembered. Wayne and Kathy married young, in 1970, and a few years later Wayne entered the Air Force. After that the family never stayed anywhere long. Eric was born in Wichita, Kansas, where his father was stationed as a pilot. Then came Dayton, Ohio, and then Oscoda, Mich.

By that time his father was an aircraft commander and instructor at Wurtsmith Air Force Base. Eric’s fifth-grade teacher, Bonnie Leach, says, “He was the perfect little fifth-grader." He was an A-student, small for his age. “Adorable," she says.

She remembers being impressed that both of Eric’s parents attended parent-teacher conferences. His mother helped out when the class made special shirts for Halloween. “She was just a helpful mom," Leach says. “If I ever called, she was willing to come."

Wayne Harris, meanwhile, was a scout leader and helped coach sports teams. He won election to the Lakewood Shores Property Owners Association. When he ran for the position he wrote that he “desires to become more deeply involved in our community." But then the air base closed. The Harrises moved again, this time to Plattsburgh, N.Y.

Kris Otten became Eric’s best friend. He remembers the sleepovers at the Harris home. “It was a real comforting house. Everything was neat and organized," Otten says. Both parents usually were home. Eric’s mother was always ready with sandwiches for the boys. They’d play computer games, dive off the couches and pillows in the family’s basement, build snow forts.

"The Eric Harris in Colorado that did these things was not the kid I knew in New York," Otten says.

Staff writers Lorraine Adams and Judith Havemann contributed to this report.

^ This makes me so sad to read how different Eric was pre Littleton and probably would have turned out a lot differently if the Harrises wouldn't have moved to Littleon.

Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:13 pm

Would someone who has a Tumblr account mind posting the forum's new address to the Columbine tag? Because there still seems to be a lot of members who haven't been able to find the forum via the new address and I know some of them originally signed up because they found the link on Tumblr. I don't use Tumblr, but I know a lot of people here do. So if someone could do that for me, I'd really appreciate it.

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:15 pm

Jenn wrote:
Would someone who has a Tumblr account mind posting the forum's new address to the Columbine tag? Because there still seems to be a lot of members who haven't been able to find the forum via the new address and I know some of them originally signed up because they found the link on Tumblr. I don't use Tumblr, but I know a lot of people here do. So if someone could do that for me, I'd really appreciate it.

No problem Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:15 pm

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
Jenn wrote:

No problem Very Happy 

Thank you very much. I appreciate it.Very Happy 

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:14 am

Why are they crazy? What makes them crazy in your eyes?

Hale-Bopp wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Columbine Tag on Tumblr   Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:18 am

CatherineM813 wrote:
On the Columbine Tag, a person sent a letter to Jefferson County after the shootings regarding NWO ,Columbine conspiracy and Eric being on mind control. It's really interesting but unfortunaly my laptop is not allowing me to copy and paste.

Is this the one you were talking about? I saved it onto my computer when I first saw it. Smile I, too, thought it was pretty interesting. I suspect JeffCo got a few more letters like this one detailing all sorts of conspiracy theories.

Back to top Go down

The Columbine Tag on Tumblr
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next