Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

so sad...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
perpetual state

PostSubject: so sad...   Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
View user profile
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: so sad...   Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:24 pm

It would be interesting to see how many of the survivors have died in the last 15 years. And it would be even more interesting to compare Columbine graduates' 15-year death rate to that of the average American high school.

Of course, we'd have to look at four years' worth of statistics, for the classes of 1999, 2000, 2001, and 2002.

perpetual state

PostSubject: Re: so sad...   Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:36 pm

Let's see Greg Barnes, Joe Stair, the two Columbine sophomores from the subway shooting, Robert Craig, that Eugene Thompson guy, a survivor name Greg Rund died in Iraq here's the link [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There could be more but I don't know. It seems so strange and bizarre. And kind of scary..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
perpetual state

PostSubject: Re: so sad...   Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:23 pm

I found more

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: so sad...   Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:41 pm

There's also another survivor that turned to drugs and went missing.

It's depressing to think about.

Imagine surviving a school shooting like Columbine. You sprint out (or you're wheeled out by the paramedics), realizing you've just looked death in the eyes and somehow managed to get away. You get to go home to your family. You get to see your surviving friends. You think "I actually get to have a future."

Then, as you're about to live out your dreams, have a family, etc. misfortune strikes and you die.
Reading about these always makes me recognize my own mortality, and how fragile all of our lives are. When I sit in a library, or any public place, I know that there's always that chance of someone coming in and murdering everyone.

On a plane, car, bus, or train, there's a probability that it could crash. Someone might be driving under the influence, and then they make that careless, lethal turn.
Think of how many more students would have died if the propane bombs worked, or if Eric and Dylan actually made sure the people they were shooting died, rather than just firing and walking away.

The fact that there's a chance of me not making it past 18 due to being in the wrong place at the wrong time, in all honesty, is terrifying.

Last edited by Lananas on Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
perpetual state

PostSubject: Re: so sad...   Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:17 pm

I posted that 'survivor turn to drugs and went missing' article.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: so sad...   Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:18 pm

@perpetual state wrote:
I posted that 'survivor turn to drugs and went missing' article.
I also saw it in the Columbine tag on tumblr before.
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

PostSubject: Re: so sad...   Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:15 pm

Lananas wrote:
There's also another survivor that turned to drugs and went missing.

It's depressing to think about.

Imagine surviving a school shooting like Columbine. You sprint out (or you're wheeled out by the paramedics), realizing you've just looked death in the eyes and somehow managed to get away. You get to go home to your family. You get to see your surviving friends. You think "I actually get to have a future."

Then, as you're about to live out your dreams, have a family, etc. misfortune strikes and you die.
Reading about these always makes me recognize my own mortality, and how fragile all of our lives are. When I sit in a library, or any public place, I know that there's always that chance of someone coming in and murdering everyone.

On a plane, car, bus, or train, there's a probability that it could crash. Someone might be driving under the influence, and then they make that careless, lethal turn. Speaking of car accidents in particular, I avoided getting injured or possibly even dying from one when I was only about 8 or 9. I was continuing on with my day, walking by a fence. However, a random car's tire was flat and the driver lost control. They crashed into the fence and could have crushed me, but I jolted away in time before it did.

Funny how the difference of a second can change everything. Think of how many more students would have died if the propane bombs worked, or if Eric and Dylan actually made sure the people they were shooting died, rather than just firing and walking away.

The fact that there's a chance of me not making it past 18 due to being in the wrong place at the wrong time, in all honesty, is terrifying.

I was discussing this with a friend recently. Death is always behind us and we cant be afraid of it, is part of our lives and thats why we have to enjoy the present and make positive things for ourselves and the world. I am not afraid of death, I even have a certain fascination on it and I dont understand the people that is afraid of it or dont think about death at all or think that they wont die, when is something so normal that will happen someday and I dont know if I am crazy or what but when I am in a library or a public place, I think about it, I imagine someone coming in and killing me and I feel ready and relax because if it doesnt happen, death will always come someday and I will be still ready and relax, because is part of me, part of everyone. Even though is sad when someone so young died, when is not ready at all, when so many dreams are not come true yet, when is starting to live, when didnt have the chance to do something first. Is sad, life is sad and is hard to live with it.

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down
View user profile
perpetual state

PostSubject: Re: so sad...   Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:53 pm

It kind of remind me of the movie Final Destination. A bunch of people were to die in a big tragedy but escaped it. The survivors suddenly start getting killed off because they were not meant to live. Ehh... maybe not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
queenfarooq

PostSubject: Re: so sad...   Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
It would be interesting to see how many of the survivors have died in the last 15 years. And it would be even more interesting to compare Columbine graduates' 15-year death rate to that of the average American high school.

I agree that this would be extremely interesting.

There's some more information about Matthew Depew here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
If anyone is interested Matthew's 11k interview is pg(2825 - 41) He was in the cafeteria when the shooting started. Based on his interviews it seems like he saw and heard quite a bit.

- Greg Barnes pg(5155 - 56)  
- Joe Stair pg(10889 - 96)
- The two teens killed at the Subway were Stephanie Hart Grizzell and Nicholas Kunselman pg(5395 - 6) - Nicolas was in the auditorium when the shooting began.
- Tiffany Lien (mentioned in an above article) pg(962 - 75) - Was outside when the shooting began, Tiffany also seems to have seen quite a bit at the beginning of the shooting.
- Corey Hager (mentioned in an above article) pg(6470 - 71) - Was not interviewed but was reportedly at lunch off campus and saw or knew nothing. There are a couple of reports that Corey may have been in the cafeteria when the shooting broke out.

I don't know if Robert Craig would really be classified as a "survivor who died" as he had already passed away prior to the massacre. Same with Eugene Thompson. However they are obviously former CHS students that have passed away, just not after the massacre.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
perpetual state

PostSubject: Re: so sad...   Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:30 pm

I don't know if Robert Craig would really be classified as a "survivor who died" as he had already passed away prior to the massacre. Same with Eugene Thompson. However they are obviously former CHS students that have passed away, just not after the massacre. wrote:

Yea, I guess they don't count. They did went off the bat though. A lot CHS students after the massacre died from either suicide, murder, some other external force.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

so sad...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Documents, evidence, and videos-
Jump to: