Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dylan's meltdowns?

Go down 
+10
joebox97
Screamingophelia
Jenna horse
Draw_It_White
meenwhile
queenfarooq
Juicy Jazzy
tragedy79
Mj2beat
tfsa47090
14 posters
AuthorMessage

Dylan's meltdowns? Empty
PostSubject: Dylan's meltdowns?   Dylan's meltdowns? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 11:38 pm

I remember reading something brooks had said about Dylan having huge meltdowns over little things when they were younger does anyone know of any other than this one, I'm not too sure if it's true cause it's tumblr but whatever:

”Susan Klebold had only seen Dylan lose his temper once when he was eight or nine. He slipped into some mud at a picnic and was laughed at by Brooks Brown and his brother Aaron.

"Stop!" he screamed. "Stop laughing at me! Stop! Stoooooooooooooooooooooooop!”

It took Susan several minutes to calm Dylan down.”
(I have no idea if this is true or not, I can’t find the original article sorry)
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 100338
Forum Reputation : 91

Dylan's meltdowns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's meltdowns?   Dylan's meltdowns? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 12:13 am

I had to edit your above post to remove the tumblr link.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by tfsa47090 on Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : *Updated forum rules link.*)

Jenna horse dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

Contribution Points : 94354
Forum Reputation : 24

Dylan's meltdowns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's meltdowns?   Dylan's meltdowns? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 12:28 am

If Brooks told something about it then I dont know why it can be false, but false or not, its a sad story about a boy that already could be struggling with something that eventually affected him.

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down
tragedy79

Contribution Points : 101295
Forum Reputation : 0

Dylan's meltdowns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's meltdowns?   Dylan's meltdowns? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 2:58 pm

Brooks discribes this incedent in his book somewhere, but I can't seem to find it right now!

He is also discribing that Dylan and himself got into a fight when they were in the CHIPS program. Because of bullying and frustration and that they got it out on each other.

There are more examples of Dylan losing it. In Gym class or at his french teacher and there are probably more examples, but I'm a bit rusty, because I haven't been looking into Columbine for a while.

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 97819
Forum Reputation : 21

Dylan's meltdowns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's meltdowns?   Dylan's meltdowns? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 10:50 pm

Not sure if these constitute as meltdowns, but Dylan apparently was acting like an arse to a couple of girls in his gym class, it even got to a point where Eric told him to cut it out. Another is the incident where he slapped his female manager (can't remember the reason right now). I'm surprised he didn't lose his job after that.
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 101662
Forum Reputation : 10

Dylan's meltdowns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's meltdowns?   Dylan's meltdowns? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 1:33 pm

SeeMan666 wrote:
”Susan Klebold had only seen Dylan lose his temper once when he was eight or nine. He slipped into some mud at a picnic and was laughed at by Brooks Brown and his brother Aaron.

(I have no idea if this is true or not, I can’t find the original article sorry)

The only place i personally have ever seen this specific quote is on Tumblr. Although maybe someone else can provide a source.

As mentioned above Brooks does mention in NEA that himself and Dylan got into a fight in the playground when they were younger. He says:
Quote :
...he and i got into a fight on the playground. He said something that made me mad , so i pushed him. Just like that, he jumped on me and started punching; we rolled around, locked together, until the teachers peeled us apart...
Brooks recalls this been the first time he saw Dylan's temper. - Chapter 3

The "slapping incident" was discussed on the forum somewhere as were the gym class incidents. I don't recall specifically which threads we discussed these incidents in but i posted the following about the incident where Dylan supposedly slapped his supervisor:

Quote :
It wasn't his manager, it was a co-worker (i assume a supervisor) who claimed that this happened. She worked at the store between September 96 - March 99.

M.H "described Dylan as a difficult person who was often rude. She said that he hit her once because she had counseled him on an infraction at work." pg(10150) She describes E/D as "good friends" and appears to know quite a bit about them. M.H only seems to have been interviewed over two pages pg(10150 - 1) and the information she provided is recorded in a numbered list. She does not elaborate on the hitting incident any further.

If indeed he did "hit" his co-worker it is quite shocking that he would not have been at the very least reprimanded for it. However Blackjack employees seemed to be aware of many other questionable incidents that E/D were involved in at the store and neither got fired for it. It doesn't sound to me like Blackjack was that much of a serious working environment.
This incident could have happened when B.Kirgis was the manager:
"Kirgis admitted to this reporting supervisor that he is an alcoholic, and at times he drank at work, and left Harris in charge while he left the store for any reason." pg(10170) It was also reported Kirgis allowed E/D to play Doom at work. pg(10154) Also " Johnson stated that he had seen cocaine and marijuana at the Pizza store, while he had been working there. He stated that Kirgis seemed to be the person who brought the drugs into the store. He also said Kirgis told him that Harris and Klebold had set off a pipe bomb at the store." pg(10156)
If the hitting incident occurred around this time it's not really surprising nothing was done about it or that it wasn't reported. Perhaps M.H didn't feel anything would be done if she did report the incident. There could be many other reasons why she didn't report the incident. Likewise the reason Dylan did not get fired could have possibly been that nobody else knew.

Not that there is any excuse for this behavior, but i wonder what she meant by "hit," i only say that as i have seen others claim that Dylan slapped her across the face in the middle of the shop which just seems like an exaggerated account of what this girl actually said. It's unacceptable either way but i do wonder what the nature of the "hit" was.

(I had a brief glace at the Master Index and M.H does not seem to have been interviewed elsewhere in the documents).
There is another female interviewed in the "Tips" section with the same surname pg(13230) who says her bother and sister worked at Blackjack and they have both been interviewed. At a guess i would say this is M.H's sister, however she does not comment on the hitting and there seems to be no interview for the brother recorded in the Master Index. You'd think the brother may have had something to say if his sister had been "hit" by another guy at work. If anyone does find his interview anywhere it would be interesting to see if he mentions it, i only checked on the Master Index and there was no male with the same family surname, but of course he could have had a different surname.

Gym Incidents:
Tara Z pg(7416)
Klebold was in her first semester gym class and they did not get along. Klebold was always cheating at the games in class and was always pushing people.

Matthew W (Tara's boyfriend) pg(7380)
He threatened to kick Dylan's ass because he called his girlfriend Tara a bitch. Tara told him Dylan was giving her a "bad time" on campus.

REDACTED pg(10286) (Lacy K's boyfriend, he was on Eric's Shit List)
The last semester of 1998 he had Dylan Klebold in his Gym class. One day they were playing flag football with girls and Dylan called a girl a bitch. Not wanting a physical fight to start, REDACTED intervened and told Dylan to back off from the girl.

French Class Incidents:
Sara M pg(5036)
Was in French class with Dylan in their Junior year. She said Dylan would get "very angry" in class with the teacher and other students, and start throwing things around.

Makai H pg(8888 + 8892)
Was also in French class with Dylan. Said Dylan had a "very bad temper and couldn't control it." He said Dylan had an extreme dislike for the French teacher and would make derogatory or critical comments of her. When asked to elaborate Makai said Dylan was "openly disrespectful" to the teacher and often swore in class openly.

Laura S pg(7214 - 5)
Was in Dylan's French class and said he (along with Zach Heckler) got kicked out of that class all the time. She describes them as "disruptive."
Back to top Go down

Dylan's meltdowns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's meltdowns?   Dylan's meltdowns? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 7:00 pm

SeeMan666 wrote:

I have only seen this in Dave Cullen's book (page 126) although he elaborates on the story, so the excerpt on tumblr is probably a summarization of part of his book.

Dave Cullen wrote:
Judy [Brown] first saw him blow when he was eight or nine. They had driven down to a creek bed for a typical adventure. Sue Klebold had come along-horrified by all the mud, but bearing it to bond with her boy. Officially, it was a crawdad hunt, but they were always on the lookout for frogs or tadpoles or anything that might slither by. Sue fretted about bacteria, hectoring the boys to behave and keep clean.

They'd brought a big bucket to haul the crawdads home, but came back up the hillside with nothing to show. Then one of the boys slogged out of the creek with a leech attached to his leg. The kids all went delirious. They plopped the leech into the frog jar - a mayonnaise bottle with holes punched in the lid - and watched it incessantly. They had a picnic lunch and then ran back for more fun in the creek. The water was only a foot deep, but too murky for them to see the bottom. Dylan's tennis shoes squished down into the glop. All the boys were slipping around, but Dylan took a nastier slide. He wheeled his arms wildly to catch himself, lost the battle, and smacked down on his butt. His shorts were soaked instantly; dank black water splashed his clean T-shirt. Brooks and his brother, Aaron, howled; Dylan went ballistic.

"Stop!" he screamed. "Stop laughing at me! Stop! Stoooooooooooooooooooooop!"

The laughing ended abruptly. Brooks and Aaron were a little alarmed. They had never seen a kid freak out like that. Judy rushed over to comfort Dylan, but he was inconsolable. Everybody was silent now, but Dylan kept screaming for them to stop.

Sue grabbed him by the wrist and whisked him away. It took her several minutes to calm him down.

According to the notes at the end of Cullen's book, this memory of Dylan was given in a personal interview between Dave Cullen and Judy Brown.  

Juicy Jazzy wrote:
Not sure if these constitute as meltdowns, but Dylan apparently was acting like an arse to a couple of girls in his gym class, it even got to a point where Eric told him to cut it out.

Also, where is the source that says Eric told Dylan to cut it out? I haven't heard this before.
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 101662
Forum Reputation : 10

Dylan's meltdowns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's meltdowns?   Dylan's meltdowns? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 6:54 pm

Blitzkrieg wrote:

"Stop!" he screamed. "Stop laughing at me! Stop! Stoooooooooooooooooooooooop!

Thank you for providing this information. I thought the story may have come from one of the Columbine books if anywhere, and did not check Cullen's.
Back to top Go down
tragedy79

Contribution Points : 101295

Dylan's meltdowns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's meltdowns?   Dylan's meltdowns? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 4:08 am

queenfarooq wrote:
Blitzkrieg wrote:

"Stop!" he screamed. "Stop laughing at me! Stop! Stoooooooooooooooooooooooop!

Thank you for providing this information. I thought the story may have come from one of the Columbine books if anywhere, and did not check Cullen's.

Offcourse! I totally forgot that this was iun Cullen's book. It's one of the few books I didn't buy Laughing 

Contribution Points : 82636

Dylan's meltdowns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's meltdowns?   Dylan's meltdowns? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 2:23 pm

silent

Last edited by meenwhile on Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 97193
Forum Reputation : 104

Dylan's meltdowns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's meltdowns?   Dylan's meltdowns? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 2:58 pm

meenwhile wrote:
If Dylan was so short-tempered in French class and gym class, why was it such a shock that he snapped and murdered people with Eric?

By junior year (97-98) they were both rebellious, openly angry, and probably somewhat intimidating...

To be fair, even if he got in trouble every other week I'd still have been surprised to see him go on a shooting spree.
Back to top Go down
Jenna horse

Jenna horse

Contribution Points : 57922

Dylan's meltdowns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's meltdowns?   Dylan's meltdowns? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2018 8:20 pm

Tyihihungbhhjhnjmi
(Being Funny
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192924
Forum Reputation : 1317

Dylan's meltdowns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's meltdowns?   Dylan's meltdowns? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2018 9:18 pm

It’s interesting too because it was not in every class. Gym and French seemed to bring out the worst in him. He fell sleep in calculus but I know someone who was in a few classes with him and he was very quiet and attentive

Hell he brought cookies to some classes...

I feel like stories bring about two extremes of both of them.

joebox97

Contribution Points : 68350
Forum Reputation : 255

Dylan's meltdowns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's meltdowns?   Dylan's meltdowns? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 11:11 am

How did they play Doom at work? Trying to imagine that in my head
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Dylan's meltdowns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's meltdowns?   Dylan's meltdowns? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 11:24 am

Maybe during break? Did they even do any work? And then Eric got promoted I think he was dylans supervisor?

I’m trying to think of me at that age if I would’ve loved that job or if I would’ve just gotten immensely annoyed with everyone there

Would I have been like oh my God I’m working with cute boys? Or would I have been like I’m working with morons!?

joebox97

Contribution Points : 68350

Dylan's meltdowns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's meltdowns?   Dylan's meltdowns? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 2:14 pm

well surly they had to of made orders? deliver them? Was there a computer in back?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Dylan's meltdowns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's meltdowns?   Dylan's meltdowns? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 2:29 pm

There had to have been. I’m sure some things were digitized

Contribution Points : 89231

Dylan's meltdowns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's meltdowns?   Dylan's meltdowns? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 2:54 pm

Speaking of that, is Eric and Dylans place of work still there and is the Outback where they had dinner before the day of the shooting still there also?

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95449
Forum Reputation : 1190

Dylan's meltdowns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's meltdowns?   Dylan's meltdowns? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 3:03 pm

The pizza place is no longer located there no.

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Dylan's meltdowns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's meltdowns?   Dylan's meltdowns? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 3:13 pm

If it’s the Outback I’m thinking of then yes it’s there. But since it’s a chain I’m not sure.

ValiantSoldier

Contribution Points : 57421

Dylan's meltdowns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's meltdowns?   Dylan's meltdowns? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2019 10:28 am

I did not like french, hated french class, but I would never disrupt the class or misbehave at my private school in front of staff to get my ass beat when I come home.

<<If all shall turn against me, I'll fight like I always have.>>

<<There are three kinds of people: those who seek strength, those who live for pride, and those who can read the tide of battle.>>

<<Belka did absolutely nothing wrong.>>
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119653
Forum Reputation : 3191

Dylan's meltdowns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's meltdowns?   Dylan's meltdowns? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2019 11:27 am

ValiantSoldier wrote:
I did not like french, hated french class, but I would never disrupt the class or misbehave at my private school in front of staff to get my ass beat when I come home.

I misbehaved more than a few times in class, especially in senior year. Tbf I was hardly the worst.

Sponsored content

Dylan's meltdowns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's meltdowns?   Dylan's meltdowns? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dylan's meltdowns?
Page 1 of 1