Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
. That was after June of 1999. Before that, most people didn't even know who they were. Although, I'm thinking Eric may have mentioned hating Blink-182 or maybe it was Green Day? And second, nothing else that they listened to was pop-punk, so chances are this would definitely not be what they were interested in.

Exactly, Dude Ranch which was the album before and came out in 97?  Too lazy to check was their last "punk" type album before becoming a boy band.  
Yea, Dude Ranch came out in 1997. Personally, I don't think they started changing until after Tom joined Angels and Airwaves. The songs on Enema of the State and Take Off Your Pants and Jacket were just as ridiculous as their earlier songs from Dude Ranch, Buddha and Cheshire Cat. Then their self titled album came out in 2003 which was a pretty good album and then it was all down hill after that. Tom joined AVA, the other 2 created +44 and then they tried reforming the band which was a bust because Tom left for a second time.

I don't know, maybe you consider them a boy band. To me, they are pop punk. When I think of boy bands I think of bands like Backstreet Boys and New Kids on the Block. Bands where they play no instruments, don't write their own songs and are more concerned with their dance moves than their singing. Hence why most of them don't even sing live and just lip sync.

Imperator

PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:08 pm

boy band in the sense of their target audience . Adolescent girls. Pop Punk works too..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TeenSpiritColumbine

PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:08 pm

Ha! I swore thought I heard something about The World Is Yours regarding BD. Maybe my brain does work after all LOL. Thanks Jenn.

The Sex Pistols were a manufactured boy band too. Malcolm McLaren put the band together to cash in on the fashion/rising youth attitude of the time and they were more about the image than learning how to play their instruments. So I guess I can't be too hard on Blink 182, at least they're actual musicians that know what they're doing. But to be honest I don't really like The Sex Pistols either. There's punk and then there's noise. I'm probably going to cop a lot of criticism for that :-P

PurpleHaze

PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:56 pm

I don't know if you guys know that but the band Funkervogt (of which Eric or Dylan bought a CD) has a track called "Columbine" that came out in 2013 and here are the lyrics :

Looking back, a few years ago
How could two boys become such monsters ?
Caused by hatred for society ?
Or rage and mourning in themselves ?

Chorus:
I'm full of hatred when I start killing
It's hell on earth where you all must die
There's no way back and I am willing
The guns are loaded and so am I

Did they think they were living in a movie ?
Or did they believe in a strange version of justice ?
They created a superego
To judge the life and death of the innocent

Chorus:

Their lines, a symbol for sick souls
I can't say what led them to kill
You should ask yourself
How many of you are still alive ?

Chorus (2x):
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoMaD

PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:21 pm

I'm aware that Dylan nor Eric mentioned this song, but it did play in the background of one of their home movies where the two are getting arrested (lol). I finally managed to find it after making out the lyrics in the video; good song.

Bluten leise in das Meer
Rammstein|Reise, Reise
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidEr

PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:38 am

does the Pulp Fiction soundtrack count? Dylan listens to 3 tracks on the morning ritual.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
H311ish.B3ast

PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:19 pm

Wow!! Nice post! alot of these I had saved on a playlist on YT but some of them I am seeing for the first time. ( Like "that Fly cd....") This is really awesome to me because I love music and seeing what they listened to is like trying to be in that moment with them. I find myself asking what they may have liked about the song or did they sit there alone in their rooms rocking out? I've also sometimes wondered what they may have listened to that we don't know about. For example lets say if Dylan had a softspot for "Stairway to Heaven" Rolling Eyes or something along that. I hope this topic continues to grow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoMaD

PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:38 am

I'm aware that Dylan nor Eric mentioned this song, but it did play in the background of one of their home movies where the two are getting arrested (lol). I finally managed to find it after making out the lyrics in the video; good song.

Found the video. You can hear the song @2:47

Bluten leise in das Meer
Rammstein|Reise, Reise
Back to top Go down
View user profile
timeconsumer2810

PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:55 am

Hello everyone Smile .. Quick question..Is this an appropriate place I can post music that is about Eric & Dylan or is this just specifically for their own music that they mentioned? Wanted to ask before I went ahead and shared anything.. Thx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:21 pm

Specifically for music they mentioned. Another thread would be songs that remind you of Eric and Dylan: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Songs about the boys I think are scattered around the What Are You Listening To thread

timeconsumer2810

PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:37 pm

Ok thank you! Smile I will post there

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] KT [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scarletmoon

PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:08 pm

I was going through the 11K and I noticed something. Dylan wrote part of the lyrics to the song Smash by The Offspring in his school planner. It's on page 26436 of the 11K. It says "I'm not a trendy asshole, don't give a fuck if its good enough for you" see below
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
timeconsumer2810

PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:07 pm

I also see 2 PAC lyrics at the very bottom lol

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] KT [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smiggles94

PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:53 am

Good post
Back to top Go down
View user profile
edgelord

PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:07 am

Dylan missed out on The Fragile damn
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebdomine

PostSubject: Re: FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)   Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:51 pm

Found the video. You can hear the song @2:47

Humans Being is on the Twister Soundtrack.... Wonder if someone had the Twister soundtrack or the Best of...?

FULL LIST of music mentioned by EH and DK (LONG)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2