Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Who was more intelligent?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Who was more intelligent?   Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:11 am

SodaCanHalfwayOpen wrote:
Just from their writings alone, I would tend to say Dylan was slightly more intelligent, but perhaps not as good as expressing himself as Eric. I would really love to have time to analyze both boys' writings more fully, has anyone out there actually done that from an analytical, psychological standpoint?

Good point. I would need to double check if they were in Dylan's or Eric's car when that happened tbh. It is in the police documents about the shooting. The police made an interview with a lot of students asking if they had anything to do with Eric and Dylan. This parking lot incident was reported to the police by one of the two girls in question.

It a lot of looking through the 11k document tho to find that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Who was more intelligent?   Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:42 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PostSubject: Re: Who was more intelligent?   Mon May 18, 2015 3:05 am

maninthebox wrote:
I wonder why Zack said that Dylan's wasn't smart enough to study computer science - was he just basing that on his grades?
Also, what subjects did they take in their junior year?

I've wondered about that, too. I remember being taken aback when I first read it. He could have been basing it off his grades, which were of course poor mostly due to his lack of effort & depression. If I'm not mistaken (& that's entirely possible haha), Calculus is part of the Computer Science college curriculum, & Dylan I think did legit struggle w. that subject sometimes, so perhaps that was it. I'm not sure what subjects they had in junior year.

I agree with others that Dylan & Eric were both intelligent in different ways. I think it would be hard to say which one of them was actually more intelligent. Eric could be a deep thinker, but I must say I find Dylan's philosophical viewpoints interesting.
Back to top Go down
Love
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Who was more intelligent?   Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:41 am

They were both smart. In my understanding, the mind is not only the ability to learn well or the presence of any knowledge. For me it is a special quality of mind that allows you to perceive and understand the world around us. The interests of the majority of people do not go beyond what everyday problems or already established opinions. In addition, not every teenager thinks about things that most people simply do not notice, even before they reach old age. From this point of view, Dylan and Eric definitely had a more open-minded than most of their peers. In the diaries of Rachel you can also see her ability to think deeply.

shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Who was more intelligent?   Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:37 am

In each their own way they both were.

Who was more intelligent?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2