Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

North Hollywood Shootout (1997)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Falcolus

PostSubject: North Hollywood Shootout (1997)   Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:53 am

Anyone else know about this? Well pretty much its was two robbers robbed a Bank Of America in North Hollywood (as the title suggests) they planned to steal from a money transit van, but when it never arrived they decided to rob the main bank. They had Type 56 assault rifles with drum magazines, which became overpowering compared to the police patrols little M9s. An officer spotted them pretty much a massive stand-off between them and a huge load of the LAPD officers, it all ended once they were shot a few times, one accidentally killed himself and the other bled to death. Surprisingly no officers or bystanders were killed. Just YouTube north Hollywood shoot-out for all the news helicopters actions, Very interesting read!

Mj2beat

PostSubject: Re: North Hollywood Shootout (1997)   Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:33 pm

I didnt know nothing about this case, it seems like one very interesting. I will look for some info about it.

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcolus

PostSubject: Re: North Hollywood Shootout (1997)   Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:59 pm

That was the most briefest summery I could possibly give you. There is a load of information and videos, also a very "hollywoodised" movie which is pretty decent but tends to go overkill with rescue mission and they add a few extra characters here and there.

Mj2beat

PostSubject: Re: North Hollywood Shootout (1997)   Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
That was the most briefest summery I could possibly give you. There is a load of information and videos, also a very "hollywoodised" movie which is pretty decent but tends to go overkill with rescue mission and they add a few extra characters here and there.

Yes I read something about the movie, it looks interesting so maybe I can look for it one of these days. There are also a couple of documentaries that I want to watch first.

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcolus

PostSubject: Re: North Hollywood Shootout (1997)   Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:28 pm

The news helicopter footage is lengthy but provides good coverage (for 1997 at least) of the whole thing. I haven't seen any documentaries yet, maybe that's what I'll spend my afternoon doing.

Koltin

PostSubject: Re: North Hollywood Shootout (1997)   Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:50 am

Both Gunmen at the bank.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
One of them
Their armor
One of the guns
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcolus

PostSubject: Re: North Hollywood Shootout (1997)   Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:51 pm

Thanks for those pictures, Ive seen the last to but the security camera footage is great. Apparently their bullet riddled car has been sitting in a garage for the last 15 years, There are some good pics of it somewhere. Has anyone watched that movie I talked about? Cant remember what it was called, something like "37 Minutes".

deathmedic

PostSubject: Re: North Hollywood Shootout (1997)   Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:41 am

That is an AK-47 in the last pic.

Interesting thing about this robbery is that the police were so out gunned that they went to local gun shops to borrow some guns to match those.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcolus

PostSubject: Re: North Hollywood Shootout (1997)   Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:09 pm

That is an AK-47 in the last pic.

Interesting thing about this robbery is that the police were so out gunned that they went to local gun shops to borrow some guns to match those.

Its actually a type 56 Chinese made copy of the AK-47, I don't think they ever used the guns the police got though.

philosopher_king

PostSubject: Re: North Hollywood Shootout (1997)   Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:27 pm

I recently watched the zero hour episode from Netflix on that subject. They certainly didn't need to rob that bank as they had plenty of money from past robberies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcolus

PostSubject: Re: North Hollywood Shootout (1997)   Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:41 am

I recently watched the zero hour episode from Netflix on that subject. They certainly didn't need to rob that bank as they had plenty of money from past robberies.

Yea! They got millions and got away with it, then the stole 300k and it cost them their lives. Probably would of spent it all on gambling or something.

Mj2beat

PostSubject: Re: North Hollywood Shootout (1997)   Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:26 am

There is a zero hour episode about this? I will definitely look for it today.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
THEWIDOWMAKER1776

PostSubject: Re: North Hollywood Shootout (1997)   Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:14 pm

Just putting this out there. Larry Phillips jr did not "accidentally" kill himself. There are speculations by the police that he may have tried to reload the weapon one handed, but honestly, when you look all that was going on, and the chaos that was going on around him at that moment. Is it really so hard to think that he just decided to shoot himself? All of this and the fact that he had made the statement that he would "Never be taken alive", I think it solidifies what I have already stated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcolus

PostSubject: Re: North Hollywood Shootout (1997)   Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:35 pm

Just putting this out there. Larry Phillips jr did not "accidentally" kill himself. There are speculations by the police that he may have tried to reload the weapon one handed, but honestly, when you look all that was going on, and the chaos that was going on around him at that moment. Is it really so hard to think that he just decided  to shoot himself? All of this and the fact that he had made the statement that he would "Never be taken alive", I think it solidifies what I have already stated.

Yea that seems like the most likely reason. Even if he ran out of ammo or something he most likely would of been shot by the police.

VOD101

PostSubject: Re: North Hollywood Shootout (1997)   Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:18 pm

Ive read up and watched this, i believe they were somewhat inspired by the 1995 movie HEAT. I too think it was more of a suicide than accidental death you can see it on some of the videos on YouTube. Don't ask me what minute though its been a while since i read up about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

North Hollywood Shootout (1997)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1