Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Basement Tapes Destroyed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:57 pm

Gonz wrote:
I recently watched a 20/20 documentary on Elliot Rodger that showed the videos he made, and they were so embarrassing and cringey… I was like, this guy is so pathetic… And I think we have this mythicized image of the basement tapes since almost everybody has been doing the most to keep them from the public, but actually, what Eric and Dylan supposedly say in the tapes is similar to what Rodger said in his videos, so I'm pretty sure that releasing them would actually help to demystify the shooters and show how lame they were, since copycat attacks are going to keep happening anyway.

I mean, just thinking of Rodger's videos being kept "secret" and having people speculate about them like has happened to the basement tapes (in a low key way of course, since it wasn't so relevant), when they are so pathetic… lol

i'll have to agree with you there
Back to top Go down
wawbeast44

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:29 pm

If the Tapes were actually destroyed, all the news stations or news sites would've covered it. In the case of the basement tapes, only westword covered it. Lets compare it to the Christine Chubbuck Suicide tape, when this was "allegedly" leaked online. People made a big deal over it. Muiltiple news sites covered it, but only a local Colorado news site covered the Basement tape destruction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iforgotmyoldname2

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:56 pm

wawbeast44 wrote:
If the Tapes were actually destroyed, all the news stations or news sites would've covered it. In the case of the basement tapes, only westword covered it. Lets compare it to the Christine Chubbuck Suicide tape, when this was "allegedly" leaked online. People made a big deal over it. Muiltiple news sites covered it, but only a local Colorado news site covered the Basement tape destruction.
I know that a lot of people on this forum are huge on keeping up with news regarding the shootings, but I'm not sure it'd be national news if the tapes were destroyed.

Even if they weren't, there's really no benefit at all for the FBI to release them. Would they be interesting to see? Sure. Does it do any good to release them though? Hardly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wawbeast44

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:21 pm

If anything, the one thing it would show is how they acted alone together. All the other tapes are of their friends filming them or them with their friends. These tapes show how they acted together, also we should be allowed to see these tapes, as the FBI as the efoia or Freedom of information act. You can message them here about a request for the tapes. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jodie-b

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:27 am

As much as I would love to see the tapes, I'm totally fine at accepting the fact I will never see them.

I'm not sure why, or what it is, but part of me is almost glad that they haven't been released?

Which is strange seeing how much I want to see them...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
starrwilliams

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:25 pm

Releasing them might wake up these fangirls who think Eric and Dylan are Gods. From what I've read and seen, they were vicious. Poor Sue Klebold nearly threw up when she was watching them. She just couldn't believe the vile coming from her son's mouth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andromeda

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:54 am

deeagle wrote:
Releasing them might wake up these fangirls who think Eric and Dylan are Gods.  From what I've read and seen, they were vicious.  Poor Sue Klebold nearly threw up when she was watching them.  She just couldn't believe the vile coming from her son's mouth.

Agree with you on that.

sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:43 pm

If it were possible I would have watched the COMPLETE ~2-3 hours of Basement Tapes!!

wawbeast44

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:34 pm

In many articles it says there are 5 Basement tapes, however there are only 3 missing. Would Rampart range and Hitmen for hire be considered the found 2. Also on evidence item 298, Radioactive clothing was on it, would that be considered a basement tape?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebtomyvodka

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:42 pm

hmmm I don't think so because Hitmen for hire and Radioactive clothing were just school projects... those tapes must be something else entirely
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Basement Tapes Destroyed
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5