Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Basement Tapes Destroyed

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 71236

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Mon May 07, 2018 10:35 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

CVA's new youtube vid on this topic for those who haven't already seen it.

I never realized the rest of the families wanted them released. I don’t think the Harris’s saw them/cared at that point.

The only person who didn’t want them released was Sue. More than likely because of Dylan’s behavior.

The leak doesn’t seem too bad, I’ve always liked Dylan’s “Jesus you’re on a roll”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 74131

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Mon May 07, 2018 10:45 am

I never realized the rest of the families wanted them released. I don’t think the Harris’s saw them/cared at that point.

The only person who didn’t want them released was Sue. More than likely because of Dylan’s behavior.

The leak doesn’t seem too bad, I’ve always liked Dylan’s “Jesus you’re on a roll”

I can only hope that someday, somehow they will be leaked/released. Smile

''I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion—I have shuddered at it. I shudder no more—I could be martyred for my religion—Love is my religion—I could die for that.''                                                                                                                                      
                                                        -John Keats (1795-1821)

“Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Mon May 07, 2018 11:10 am

Can they be any worse than the 911 call that was leaked, the one where we heard Val?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Mon May 07, 2018 11:12 am

Can they be any worse than the 911 call that was leaked, the one where we heard Val?

I doubt they would be.

''I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion—I have shuddered at it. I shudder no more—I could be martyred for my religion—Love is my religion—I could die for that.''                                                                                                                                      
                                                        -John Keats (1795-1821)

“Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Mon May 07, 2018 11:26 am

I doubt they would be.

Lots of cringe, the boys acting tough and a single man tear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Mon May 07, 2018 11:28 am

I doubt they would be.

Indeed, the saltiest man tear ever cried. LOL

-John Keats (1795-1821)

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Mon May 07, 2018 1:00 pm

I doubt they would be.

Indeed, the saltiest man tear ever cried. LOL

Eric’s feels are real. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
slippy123

Contribution Points : 33918

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Tue May 08, 2018 12:05 pm

I said this many times before, I can almost promise you the FBI has a digitized copy probably sitting in a dusty box. Also, I don't think someone in jeff co making a copy for themselves before they were destroyed is out of the realm of possibility.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 34326

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Tue May 08, 2018 12:52 pm

I said this many times before, I can almost promise you the FBI has a digitized copy probably sitting in a dusty box.

Oh almost definitely, but they'll never release them.

View user profile
hvernon

Contribution Points : 20742

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Fri May 18, 2018 3:26 pm

When the court unseals documents in the future, if Jeffco is lying about the tapes being destroyed, would we see them released?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Fri May 18, 2018 3:29 pm

When the court unseals documents in the future, if Jeffco is lying about the tapes being destroyed, would we see them released?

Probably not.

-John Keats (1795-1821)

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KitKat2013

Contribution Points : 49754

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:57 pm

I am more concerned about the way they store these.
The videotapes are going to be demagnetified soon and digitized copies means either magnetic storage again or a CD, which also does not survive so long.

About the tapes, I think the basement tapes are probably the last, huge missing chunk of us [researchers] personal archive and I don't see any real reason for them not to be released - hypothetically. No need for the 911 call and such, because I don't think I'd like them, but on the other hand, there is equally / much more cruel stuff on Youtube (The Kyle Dinkheller shooting available on Youtube in 1998 still gets me irritated and disgusted every single time!!)

However, the basement tapes... Is it really that much more worse than Rampart Range? With all the sounds of the weapons that can cause PTSD to anyone involved in gunfights or the "entry, exit" commentary when imagine hitting a "soft target"?

Also, I might repeat myself, but there is a German documentary on a radio station called WDR as far as I remember, and while the narrator talks, there is the library 911 call to be heard. And I think the WDR has a full copy of that call in order to create a documentary - probably requiring them to make it a shocking, "Let's never make it happen again" style of documentation and regie, because it being used to emphasize the cruelty - and it really does its job. Now of course it might be one of the 1,000 snippets flying around the web that I have not heard, but to me, the segment that's played underneath the narrator gave me goosebumps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:37 pm

It also shocks me that Rampart Range was released and not the basement tapes. There’s been a lot of speculation about and all this is speculation right now. It took me a long time to watch rampart range. I did not mind any of the other videos. I really couldn’t bring myself to watch them fire the actual guns, and when I watched it I got this really angry at Mark Manes.

QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:11 pm

It also shocks me that Rampart Range was released and not the basement tapes. There’s been a lot of speculation about and all this is speculation right now. It took me a long time to watch rampart range. I did not mind  any of the other videos. I really couldn’t bring myself to watch them fire the actual guns, and when I watched it I got this really angry at Mark Manes.

They also released Hitmen for Hire too, which IMO was a really questionable decision considering it was a school project that doesn't help at all in understanding who  Eric and Dylan were.

View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:25 pm

It also shocks me that Rampart Range was released and not the basement tapes. There’s been a lot of speculation about and all this is speculation right now. It took me a long time to watch rampart range. I did not mind  any of the other videos. I really couldn’t bring myself to watch them fire the actual guns, and when I watched it I got this really angry at Mark Manes.

They also released Hitmen for Hire too, which IMO was a really questionable decision considering it was a school project that doesn't help at all in understanding who  Eric and Dylan were.

True, The student films were just them acting. And they also made them look extremely human. Doesn’t do anything for people to not empathize with them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:51 pm

True, The student films were just them acting. And they also made them look extremely human. Doesn’t do anything for people to not empathize  with them.

It also shows them acting out their fantasies about killing jocks and people they hated, so I'm scratching my head as to why JeffCo decided to release it. Maybe cause it had already been seen by people other than, Eric, Dylan and the police?

View user profile
Okay-Okay

Contribution Points : 5578

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:35 pm

It also shows them acting out their fantasies about killing jocks and people they hated, so I'm scratching my head as to why JeffCo decided to release it. Maybe cause it had already been seen by people other than, Eric, Dylan and the police?

They may have thought that someone would share a copy regardless, so they released it to avoid controversy if those films were "leaked"

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   

Back to top Go down

Basement Tapes Destroyed
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7