Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Found a book which analyzes E & D's journals

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
WendlaBergman

Contribution Points : 89799
Forum Reputation : 0

Found a book which analyzes E & D's journals Empty
PostSubject: Found a book which analyzes E & D's journals   Found a book which analyzes E & D's journals Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 11:06 pm

It's called "A Teenage Philosophy of Awareness & Existense" by Mathijs Koenraadt and it's really good. I found it for free as a pdf. It's basically an academic analysis of their journals but in easy-to-read language instead of sequipedalian pedantic academic language.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 122083
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Found a book which analyzes E & D's journals   Found a book which analyzes E & D's journals Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2015 12:22 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

or

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Found a book which analyzes E & D's journals   Found a book which analyzes E & D's journals Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 6:56 am

Sweet find, thanks for sharing. I'm always amazed at how you guys find this stuff.
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

Contribution Points : 82090
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Found a book which analyzes E & D's journals   Found a book which analyzes E & D's journals Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 3:32 am

Nice!

Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97390
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Found a book which analyzes E & D's journals   Found a book which analyzes E & D's journals Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 5:53 am

Very nice. I'll read it in the next few days or so, and add it to the "consice guide" post.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97390
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Found a book which analyzes E & D's journals   Found a book which analyzes E & D's journals Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 11:14 am

Read it, tis actually very short because most of the book is actually this guys version of the journal transcripts.

My own impression is that it feels more like some sort of college term paper rather than an more seriou study. Its written in a large font, lots of blank pages between chapters too, as well as a college-style simplistic bibliography at the end. Really feels liek someone's term paper.

As far as content goes, He imho is trying to dig too deep especially as far as Dylan goes, as far as stating that a longer life "might have made him a great American philosopher."

His comments on Eric's writings, are peppered with big words and references to Yuval Harari, Steve Jobs and Charlie cahplin of all people. However, while his interpretation of Eric is simple, its not relaly all that wrong. Its just pretty surface-level simple (despite the big words and references).

With dylan however he's going full circle batshit, making references to astrophysics and whatnot. I don't buy this at all. Guy certainly doesn't decode cryptic Dylan more than anyone else before him, but tries to pretend that he does in fact decode him.

So yeah... the part about Eric is mostly ok, no-nonsense, just short. The part about Dylan is just crazy and fails to connect. Overlal I'm not impressed with the book, although I commend the effort to actually look into the journals and try to write some sort of coherent interpretation.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
ChoSeungHui
William Atchison
March 18, 1996 -
December 7, 2017
ChoSeungHui

Contribution Points : 85436
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Found a book which analyzes E & D's journals   Found a book which analyzes E & D's journals Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 5:07 am

Good share. thanks

PostSubject: Re: Found a book which analyzes E & D's journals   Found a book which analyzes E & D's journals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Found a book which analyzes E & D's journals
Page 1 of 1