Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Really rare Rachel Scott pictures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
PaintItBlack
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Really rare Rachel Scott pictures   Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:41 pm

I love the toddler picture of Rachel. So adorable.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Really rare Rachel Scott pictures   Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:56 pm

paradisedreams,
Does the video contain any rare or unknown facts or stories about Rachel?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Here's another rare picture that I forgot to include in that.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
And I just found this one during a random google search.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Juicy Jazzy
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Really rare Rachel Scott pictures   Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:43 am

Does the video  contain any rare or unknown facts or stories about Rachel?
Mentions an otherwise unreleased diary entry Rachel supposedly wrote days before she was killed. She wrote about how her life was representative of a lit candle, running out of wick. She wrote about how the flame is close to being extinguished. Something to that effect, anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Really rare Rachel Scott pictures   Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:37 pm

Do you know anyone who might have a screen shot of this? I'd love to see it.

Does the video  contain any rare or unknown facts or stories about Rachel?
Mentions an otherwise unreleased diary entry Rachel supposedly wrote days before she was killed. She wrote about how her life was representative of a lit candle, running out of wick. She wrote about how the flame is close to being extinguished. Something to that effect, anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Really rare Rachel Scott pictures   Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:33 am

"I'm drowning in my own lake of despair. I'm choking my hands wrapped around my neck. I'm dying quickly my soul leaves slowly my body withers. It isn't suicide, I consider it homicide. The world you have created has led to my death."

Journal 1:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Journal 2:

Journal 3:

Last edited by tfsa47090 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:19 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : *Had to remove direct tumblr links.*)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcolus

PostSubject: Re: Really rare Rachel Scott pictures   Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:08 am

Interesting entry. Quite opposite to what people said about her, although people are very good at hiding themselves.

Juicy Jazzy
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Really rare Rachel Scott pictures   Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:23 am

This:

Quote :
Struggling to keep the candle burning. Enemies surround me, blowing their cold breath, hoping to extinguish the flame. My candle.. lit me the last of my matches, it's subtle, but it is there. Eating at the last strand of wick, melting at the last drop of wax. Then.. darkness.. alone. Laughter. Wicked laughter screams in my ear. The coldness rips at my skin, depriving me of my heat I breathe, and the emptiness around me. Taking it in as air.. but choking as if it were smoke. Smoke.. blackening me within.

Unable to screenshot it as it was read out in the doco as opposed to being scanned and shown on screen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Really rare Rachel Scott pictures   Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Thank you Juicy Jazzy. Did they say how long before she died that she wrote this?
With all I know of Rachel, this is something I haven't heard before.

Rachel left behind a lot of material in journals, letters and emails but we will never see a lot of it because it is too personal or contains information on her friends personal lives that she was discussing with them.

This:

Quote :
Struggling to keep the candle burning. Enemies surround me, blowing their cold breath, hoping to extinguish the flame. My candle.. lit me the last of my matches, it's subtle, but it is there. Eating at the last strand of wick, melting at the last drop of wax. Then.. darkness.. alone. Laughter. Wicked laughter screams in my ear. The coldness rips at my skin, depriving me of my heat I breathe, and the emptiness around me. Taking it in as air.. but choking as if it were smoke. Smoke.. blackening me within.

Unable to screenshot it as it was read out in the doco as opposed to being scanned and shown on screen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Juicy Jazzy
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Really rare Rachel Scott pictures   Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:55 am

Thank you Juicy Jazzy. Did they say how long before she died that she wrote this?
With all I know of Rachel, this is something I haven't heard before.
It was read out during the reenactment of the start of the shooting, when Rachel died. If I remember correctly, they don't give a time frame as to when it was written. I just assume it was written in the weeks or month before her death.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draw_It_White
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Really rare Rachel Scott pictures   Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:18 am

The young picture of her reminds me of Judith Barsi.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
paradisedreams

PostSubject: Re: Really rare Rachel Scott pictures   Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:20 am

Radioactive_Clothing wrote:
The young picture of her reminds me of Judith Barsi.
I kinda see that, too!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paradisedreams

PostSubject: Re: Really rare Rachel Scott pictures   Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:51 am

"I'm drowning in my own lake of despair. I'm choking. My hands wrapped around my neck.. i'm dying. Quickly my soul leaves, slowly my body withers. It isn't suicide, I consider it homicide. The world you have created has lead to my death."

I know parts of this has talked about before, separately. But I don't think the entire entry was released prior to the documentary? They do say that this one was written a few days before she died, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Juicy Jazzy
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Really rare Rachel Scott pictures   Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:31 am

"I'm drowning in my own lake of despair. I'm choking. My hands wrapped around my neck.. i'm dying. Quickly my soul leaves, slowly my body withers. It isn't suicide, I consider it homicide. The world you have created has lead to my death."

I know parts of this has talked about before, separately. But I don't think the entire entry was released prior to the documentary? They do say that this one was written a few days before she died, though.
Rachel's mum read that entry out in another doco released quite a while ago, called 'Game Over in Littleton'.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paradisedreams

PostSubject: Re: Really rare Rachel Scott pictures   Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:31 am

Here's another rare-ish one. I didn't realize how much she looked like her dad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paradisedreams

PostSubject: Re: Really rare Rachel Scott pictures   Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:33 am

Rachel's mum read that entry out in another doco released quite a while ago, called 'Game Over in Littleton'.

Ah, thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paradisedreams

PostSubject: Re: Really rare Rachel Scott pictures   Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:54 am

This topic has been dead for over a month now, but here's some more rare/rare-ish pictures I have saved over time.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
eli27

PostSubject: Re: Really rare Rachel Scott pictures   Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:10 pm

Wow, these pictures are fascinating. When you really get to take a peak into someones life like that, it definately opens up your mind to the damage that has been done. Rachel had never done anything to harm or upset Eric and Dylan. They didn't even kill the people who gave them trouble. That makes me feel very angry towards them.

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Really rare Rachel Scott pictures   Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:06 pm

Wow, these pictures are fascinating. When you really get to take a peak into someones life like that, it definately opens up your mind to the damage that has been done. Rachel had never done anything to harm or upset Eric and Dylan. They didn't even kill the people who gave them trouble. That makes me feel very angry towards them.

Yeah. Its odd how the first person to die was a girl who shared at leats some of Dylan's depression and some of Eric's contempt and dissatisfaction with society.

Its just weird. Guess its exactly the "dramatic irony" Eric would have loved.

paradisedreams

PostSubject: Re: Really rare Rachel Scott pictures   Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:09 pm

Yeah. Its odd how the first person to die was a girl who shared at leats some of Dylan's depression and some of Eric's contempt and dissatisfaction with society.

Its just weird. Guess its exactly the "dramatic irony" Eric would have loved.

I will forever wonder why Eric decided to shoot at Rachel and Richard first. Despite not knowing or caring who they were. I'm assuming there were tons of kids who were most likely standing and blocking them from his view at first, & yet the two people who were probably closest to the west entrance were the first hit. No one in between.

I guess it could've also been the fact that they were in a supposed seated position and he quickly realized that they wouldn't have any time to react. Which was probably the perfect target in his mind. It's just crazy how even the slightest last minute change in direction could've changed everything. Especially with Rachel quitting smoking a week or two before. Can't even imagine the survivor guilt that the people in that surrounding area experience(d). Same with the ones who left the library before the first shots.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Really rare Rachel Scott pictures   Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:52 am

Thank you again Paradisedreams.You have shared more rare Rachel material with us than anyone has for a long time.
Speaking of Craig, I am sure most know the story but he and Rachel argued the last morning of her life because Craig made them late for school.
Then they argued again on the way to school over songs on the radio.
When they arrived he called her names, and slammed the car door in her face.
The next time he saw her, she was lying in her casket.
Combined that with the fact that he didn't always treat his sister kindly or fairly weighed him down with guilt for years. Finally, he realized that he had no other option other than to forgive himself and was better able to go on with life.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcolus

PostSubject: Re: Really rare Rachel Scott pictures   Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:34 am

He has always said that he had many issues coping with the loss and guilt, I am glad to see he is moving on with his life.

paradisedreams

PostSubject: Re: Really rare Rachel Scott pictures   Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:02 am

Thank you again Paradisedreams.You have shared more rare Rachel material with us than anyone has for a long time.
Speaking of Craig, I am sure most know the story but he and Rachel argued the last morning of her life because Craig made them late for school.
Combined that with the fact that he didn't always treat his sister kindly or fairly weighed him down with guilt for years. Finally, he realized that he had no other option other than to forgive himself and was better able to go on with life.

That fact is probably one of the most heartbreaking. Even though he continues to repeat something (that most of us don't believe really happened) during a few TV appearances doesn't make me think any less of him or the family.. anymore. There really is no right or wrong way of grieving a child, sibling, or even a friend. Especially when they were taken away in such horrible and pointless way. And I now believe that's their way. Another thing is that there is proof they (and everyone associated with the program) never repeat that story or any religious/martyr facts during the Rachel Challenge assemblies. Just a few diary entries, small stories, and just mainly trying to address the ever-growing bullying issues with their audience. Knowing and realizing those things, is kinda why i'm now interested in more Rachel related things than I was before. If that makes sense.

There's also just something in Craig's eyes, even now, that just tells you he battles with his decisions every single day. Not with just how he treated Rachel that day and before, but including how he somehow escaped physically unharmed as his two friends died next to him. He even said in the Killing Spree documentary that aired last year, that he felt like a coward for almost immediately leaving them under that table. Even though he could still feel slight breathing coming from both of them. His innocence and normal way of living has now been gone longer than it was there. I can only praise him for choosing to move on, while knowing he'll still have to live with those self-destructive thoughts and memories for the rest of his life.

Oh wow, I apologize for that novel-long/rambling response. It's my only talent. ;)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Really rare Rachel Scott pictures   Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:14 am

Not at all. I enjoyed your post. I think that anyone whose last interaction with a loved one was an argument would be racked with guilt.
There was no chance to apologize or say Goodbye. The trauma of her death and that Craig experienced no doubt only made this more intense.

Apparently, he and Rachel argued quite a bit.
If she had lived I am sure that they would have come to terms in day or two.
I am sure she would have wanted him to forgive himself right away.
I admire the Scott family a lot for constantly trying to both keep her memory alive and accomplish something positive in her name.
That couldn't have been easy especially in the early years while their grief was still fresh but they have really done it.

That fact is probably one of the most heartbreaking. Even though he continues to repeat something (that most of us don't believe really happened) during a few TV appearances doesn't make me think any less of him or the family.. anymore. There really is no right or wrong way of grieving a child, sibling, or even a friend. Especially when they were taken away in such horrible and pointless way. And I now believe that's their way. Another thing is that there is proof they (and everyone associated with the program) never repeat that story or any religious/martyr facts during the Rachel Challenge assemblies. Just a few diary entries, small stories, and just mainly trying to address the ever-growing bullying issues with their audience. Knowing and realizing those things, is kinda why i'm now interested in more Rachel related things than I was before. If that makes sense.

There's also just something in Craig's eyes, even now, that just tells you he battles with his decisions every single day. Not with just how he treated Rachel that day and before, but including how he somehow escaped physically unharmed as his two friends died next to him. He even said in the Killing Spree documentary that aired last year, that he felt like a coward for almost immediately leaving them under that table. Even though he could still feel slight breathing coming from both of them. His innocence and normal way of living has now been gone longer than it was there. I can only praise him for choosing to move on, while knowing he'll still have to live with those self-destructive thoughts and memories for the rest of his life.

Oh wow, I apologize for that novel-long/rambling response. It's my only talent. ;)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Selah

PostSubject: Re: Really rare Rachel Scott pictures   Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:28 am

Not at all. I enjoyed your post. I think that anyone whose last interaction with a loved one was an argument would be racked with guilt.
There was no chance to apologize or say Goodbye. The trauma of her death and that Craig experienced  no doubt only made this more intense.

Apparently, he and Rachel argued quite a bit.
If she had lived I am sure that they would have come to terms in day or two.
I am sure she would have wanted him to forgive himself right away.
I admire the Scott family a lot for constantly trying to both keep her memory alive and  accomplish something positive in her name.
That couldn't have been easy especially in the early years while their grief was still fresh but they have really done it.

That Craig never got to say goodbye and I love you breaks my heart too. I remember him sharing a moment on video though at the place she died. He was crying and apologizing. It was so moving and sad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Really rare Rachel Scott pictures   Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:56 am

Even though he continues to repeat something (that most of us don't believe really happened) during a few TV appearances doesn't make me think any less of him or the family.. anymore. There really is no right or wrong way of grieving a child, sibling, or even a friend. Especially when they were taken away in such horrible and pointless way. And I now believe that's their way.

Yep, my opinion as well. I don't believe in her being asked the god question, but I respect and can understand why the Scotts work like this. I can also understand Castaldo and why he decided to change his version to fit in with what they do.

paradisedreams

PostSubject: Re: Really rare Rachel Scott pictures   Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:19 pm

Even though he continues to repeat something (that most of us don't believe really happened) during a few TV appearances doesn't make me think any less of him or the family.. anymore. There really is no right or wrong way of grieving a child, sibling, or even a friend. Especially when they were taken away in such horrible and pointless way. And I now believe that's their way.

Yep, my opinion as well. I don't believe in her being asked the god question, but I respect and can understand why the Scotts work like this. I can also understand Castaldo and why he decided to change his version to fit in with what they do.

I understand that, too. He doesn't want to have to continuously repeat something, he himself, doesn't believe in. Or isn't 100% sure really happened. Which would explain the story about him asking his mom why she didn't write it down when he said it in the few hours afterwards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paradisedreams

PostSubject: Re: Really rare Rachel Scott pictures   Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:57 pm

Found these saved in another folder.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Really rare Rachel Scott pictures   Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:17 pm

Thanks,paradisedreams. You seem to have a knack for finding Rachel material.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paradisedreams

PostSubject: Re: Really rare Rachel Scott pictures   Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:40 pm

Even though this is a screenshot from a short video. I think it's one of my favorites of her. Just gives you another look into how casually beautiful, young, and normal she was around the time she was killed. Sometimes the facts we know about the victims makes us forget that they were just like us, up until 11:19 that day.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
paradisedreams

PostSubject: Re: Really rare Rachel Scott pictures   Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:33 pm

Here's another one thanks to someone on tumblr. Okay, i'll now try to stay away from this topic for another month. ;)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Really rare Rachel Scott pictures
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next