Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Fate of their souls ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
ellie z

PostSubject: Re: Fate of their souls ?   Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:05 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Catholicism, which is the denomination of the vast majority here, is a very free-will and action oriented denomination.

That explains why I and most people I'm around learned such different things. I know next to nothing about Catholicism. There aren't many Catholic people where I am. Out of curiosity I went ahead and googled church information for my town. Looks like we have around 60 churches in the area. Only one is Catholic.

In my experience the focus is very internal, you don't really need to confess other than to God. So you don't have a third party telling you specific things to do to make it right. I mean you get the whole basic 'be a good person, apologize for wrong doings, try to make it right' kind of thing but it's not structured like I believe it is with Catholicism. And since you're not expected to do confession nobody can expect you to do specific things for reparation for your sins.

You're supposed to try not to sin and when you die you're supposed to answer for your sins to God. But to be honest I'm not sure what the purpose is. Everyone just says you'll answer to God... But if you're saved and have asked forgiveness, it supposedly won't affect where you end up. I mean it's quite a threat "don't do bad things you'll have to answer to God himself" but what exactly it really means I don't know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abigail Lee

PostSubject: Re: Fate of their souls ?   Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:22 pm

Very much agreed. For those who don't believe such thinks sound like ignorance ,superstition and so on, but for those who believe they know these evil powers are very much a reality.
I firmly belie that at the end E &D were more than just influenced. They were probably consumed by them. To others, it might sound as if that is only making excuses for E &D but I don't think so. That is my honest belief on what probably happened, but since I can't prove it I try to stick to the concrete things we know contributed such as anger ,depression and bullying in conversation.
You hit it right on the head when you talked about anger being the opening for these forces.
That's how it all started.

tfsa,
Thank you for the support. I'm grateful for it. I've never spoken about this here before because if someone doesn't believe it sounds like a bunch of crazy superstition and its not something I can prove but I  believe that E &D were highly influenced or controlled by the powers of darkness when they did this. And that is a big reason why it happened. Again, I know many people here will scoff and laugh at such a notion and that's ok.
If I didn't believe or have had the experiences I've had ,I'd probably think it was nonsense too.

You're very, very welcome.

It can be incredibly difficult to discuss things of this nature for multiple reasons, including those you've mentioned.

"but I  believe that E &D were highly influenced or controlled by the powers of darkness when they did this. And that is a big reason why it happened."

I do as well.

Often times, extreme anger and hatred (regardless of how justified it may seem or actually is), is like a wide open window for such energies and forces to infiltrate someone, particularly when they're young and still learning who they are and what their soul's path is. It can happen to any of us at any age, but those who are younger are even more susceptible, in my opinion, experience, and observation.

"There's no comfort in rage. Rage feeds off the soul until there's no soul left." That is a quote from a show that aired in the late 90s through the early 2000s called "Oz", (by a character who was actually a nun who worked in a prison). I posted it [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] a year or so back.

I feel that linked quote encapsulates what I'm trying to get at here.

"Again, I know many people here will scoff and laugh at such a notion and that's ok. If I didn't believe or have had the experiences I've had ,I'd probably think it was nonsense too."

There was a time where I felt most of this was utter nonsense, too. I also tried to convince myself that it was foolish mythology when that nagging internal voice was telling me otherwise--for many, many years. But I was proven very wrong, and had that whole universe of denial I'd built around myself shattered. Ferociously. And I'm beyond thankful that it all happened.

I just watched a video about Columbine and there was a girl that was in the library during the shooting and she saw Eric & Dylan acting like they are insane and have no touch with reality and Craig Scott said that they looked demonic .I am not trying to justify them i just wanted to write this .I agree they certainly were not normal ,as what normal happy person does that kind of act?

Mind is the destroyer
Soul is the survivor
Which one you listen to...
YOU BECOME - me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sane One

PostSubject: Re: Fate of their souls ?   Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:33 pm

Even though this thread has been respectful, it still exemplifies why religious debates just never end. Everybody has their own views and beliefs (some of which are taken from everything) and it turns into a pissing war over whose right and whose wrong. The ironic thing is Eric and Dylan probably would agree with this. The whole reason they thought of themselves as "god like" was to mock people who believe in god who have such strong religious beliefs. So to actually believe they're in heaven is quite amusing, to me at least.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: Fate of their souls ?   Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:33 pm

I just watched a video about Columbine and there was a girl that was in the library  during the shooting and she saw Eric & Dylan acting like they are insane
Apparently, at one point, Eric jumped up on the bookshelves and was shaking them and screaming like a crazy man and then he used his shotgun to shot all the books off the shelves.

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Fate of their souls ?   Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:24 pm

No, God didn't create sin.
Sin was introduced into the world by Satan and his demons. They deceived the first humans into sinning against God, sin entered the world and the world was corrupted. Death entered the world when sin did.
The Bible says that the devil walks about like a roaring lion seeing who he may devour.
God created Satan yes, but he created him for good not evil. I believe that God who knows all knew he would turn but God has his own plans which humans can't see or understand in this life.
Satan fell with his own pride and arrogance and tried to overthrow God on the throne.
He wanted to be God, to be worshipped.
God threw him and the angels who sided with him out of Heaven.
God could squash Satan and his demons if he chose to but he lets them exist for his own reasons, not all of which are fully understood by man.
The Bible says that at Armageddon there will be a huge and final battle between Christ ,the angels and all humans who side with Christ and Satan, his demons and humans who side with him.
Christ will win, Satan and his army will be cast into the pit and the world's time will end forever, leading to the start of a new kingdom of God.

Most Christians I know don't technically believe being good or bad determines if you go to heaven or hell. Everyone sins and apparently one sin is as bad as any other in God's eyes, so it's not what determines if you go heaven or hell. It's all about accepting Jesus.

Certainly very different from Christians living here. If I were to make a "generalization of what most Christians here think", then I'd say those who give it some thought think about the christian God as a "just judge". He judges people based on their actions and intentions and treats more serious sins (murder, rape, etc) as more aggravating and damning than more causal sins (jeleaous thoughts, being aroused by the looks of someone else's wife etc).

In general, Christians would say there is some paralel between how God acts and how an ideal criminal court would act. He of course takes ino accoutn intentions and circumstances he knows (cause he is all-knowing right?) that a human court would not have access to. Plus he is merciful (so somehow it doesn't collide with  him beign just, but taht's another story).
In the end he deals out punishment in proportion to the gravity of the sin. The more gave the sin, the more you need to repent, the more you need to compensate the victim and the worse the punishment.
That's what "regular Christians" here believe and it also mirrors much of the mainstream religious doctrines.

The only other thing I can say is that God did not create man to be sinful.
Sin entered the world when Adam and Eve defied God's direct orders because Satan stirred up their pride and ignorance.
Hmm... very different from what the church here says - that God created everything. So you eman to say that sin is an external thing, some sort of primordial chaos not created by God? Reminds me more of greek mythology somewhat. Here christians say God created everything, including satan, sin, hell, humans etc for his purposes. Church officials uslally just quote Proverbs 16:4 when asked about this.

Guess its a different denomination sort of thing.

Besides I'm sure that non believers will find inconsistences in ANY faith if they looked .

Not sure. I always found more inconsistencies in Judaism and Christianity than in Islam. Islam is imho the lest illogival of all monotheist religions. Partly ebcause it is more consequent as far as the absulute power of God is concerned. Whenever tehre's a clash ebtween God's power and some other concpet, Islam ules in favor of God's power. Chistianity and Judaism just evade trying to answer these questions, or give half-way inconsistent statements.

I overall find monotheistic religions to be the most troubled and inconsistent of all religious beliefs. I always found Buddhism much more consistent and less internally-conflicted than monotheist religions. Mostly because it avoids all those "allmighty all-good God that created everything" intellectual death-traps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Fate of their souls ?   Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:32 pm

Sorry to but in, but if a believer backslides and dies while in a backslidden state, there is a chance they could still go to Hell.

Catholicism, which is the denomination of the vast majority here, is a very free-will and action oriented denomination.

That explains why I and most people I'm around learned such different things. I know next to nothing about Catholicism. There aren't many Catholic people where I am. Out of curiosity I went ahead and googled church information for my town. Looks like we have around 60 churches in the area. Only one is Catholic.

In my experience the focus is very internal, you don't really need to confess other than to God. So you don't have a third party telling you specific things to do to make it right. I mean you get the whole basic 'be a good person, apologize for wrong doings, try to make it right' kind of thing but it's not structured like I believe it is with Catholicism. And since you're not expected to do confession nobody can expect you to do specific things for reparation for your sins.

You're supposed to try not to sin and when you die you're supposed to answer for your sins to God. But to be honest I'm not sure what the purpose is. Everyone just says you'll answer to God... But if you're saved and have asked forgiveness, it supposedly won't affect where you end up. I mean it's quite a threat "don't do bad things you'll have to answer to God himself" but what exactly it really means I don't know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ellie z

PostSubject: Re: Fate of their souls ?   Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:31 pm

Sorry to but in, but if a believer backslides and dies while in a backslidden state, there is a chance they could still go to Hell.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding something but I'm not sure how that relates to what you quoted from me?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Fate of their souls ?   Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:15 am

I just watched a video about Columbine and there was a girl that was in the library  during the shooting and she saw Eric & Dylan acting like they are insane
Apparently, at one point, Eric jumped up on the bookshelves and was shaking them and screaming like a crazy man and then he used his shotgun to shot all the books off the shelves.

Yeah he did. Dyaln also smashed a PC screen with a chair after telling Eric something like: "Wait up, there's something i always wanted to do". They wanted vandalism, not just killing. I think they were enjoying themselves first and foremost, through various things they normally weren't allowed to do.

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Fate of their souls ?   Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:31 pm

You were talking about sin and repentance before God and I thought that was relevant to the conversation.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding something but I'm not sure how that relates to what you quoted from me?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Love

PostSubject: Re: Fate of their souls ?   Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:37 am

We don't know whether there is heaven or hell. For most it is a question to believe or not. Non-existence scares human. It is almost impossible to imagine.
Where are Eric and Dylan (if they still exist)? For this reason we can only speculate, using our beliefs or imagination. I want to believe that our existence is not such pointless...

shades

PostSubject: Re: Fate of their souls ?   Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:20 pm

Would it be strange for me to hope they found happiness after their death - and not just them, but their victims are in paradise too. Why? Cause they killed for that reason, they weren't happy and they were just kids who wanted to be happy and feel loved and accepted like everybody else.

I know If i were to lash out at people or did mistakes because I'm in a bad place or I feel like giving up, the sole reason is simply that I tried to be happy but I couldn't find it.

Fate of their souls ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4