Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Their religion..?

Go down 
+9
lol
Draw_It_White
ellie z
browneyes11
Sabratha
MysteryMan
deathmedic
Falco
Dylan'sgirl
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Dylan'sgirl

Dylan'sgirl

Contribution Points : 80969
Forum Reputation : 0

Their religion..? Empty
PostSubject: Their religion..?   Their religion..? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 3:10 pm

Okay.. So I'm new here and I though I can start a post bounce
Basically I was going through Autopsy Files on Eric and Dylan and what strucked me is the fact that supposedly Eric was circumcised Laughing Rolling Eyes
I know this might be a bit of a weird post.. Please don't judge me ha ha!
Anyway I know that Dylan was because his parents were Jewish, but was Eric's family Jewish too? Question

Falco

Contribution Points : 85907
Forum Reputation : 70

Their religion..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Their religion..?   Their religion..? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 3:17 pm

As far as I can recall Eric and his family didn't associate with any church or religion. Judaism isn't the only religion to practice circumsion as a religious practice. There are a few benefits of circumsion besides religious means so it could of been for a number of reasons.

Contribution Points : 101124
Forum Reputation : 10

Their religion..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Their religion..?   Their religion..? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 3:56 pm

Circumcision, in the US is a pretty normal thing for many males to have done. It is not just a religious thing to do now.. I was raised catholic and I am circumcised. I had my son cut too when he was born.
Back to top Go down
Dylan'sgirl

Dylan'sgirl

Their religion..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Their religion..?   Their religion..? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 4:43 pm

deathmedic wrote:
Circumcision, in the US is a pretty normal thing for many males to have done. It is not just a religious thing to do now.. I was raised catholic and I am circumcised. I had my son cut too when he was born.

Ahh I see! Sorry my bad, I'm not from US so I didn't know that.

Anyway, do you think Dylan was honestly into Hitler (as everyone said) or someone just came up with this bull?

Contribution Points : 101124
Forum Reputation : 10

Their religion..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Their religion..?   Their religion..? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 5:13 pm

TBH... Almost all boys go through a "Nazi" phase... Where we draw swastikas on our shit and talk about Hitler and "How we could have done it better"... Was he really into it... Probably not in the way they make it seem, like he worshiped them... Was he fascinated by Hitler/ Nazis? More than likely (kinda like we are about Columbine).
If the boys were really into it their rooms/lockers/notebooks would have been covered in this shit... Which they were not (to the best of my Knowledge).... If they were really into it Dylan didn't understand a pretty MAJOR thing... Nazis and Russians HATED each other On Dylans boot they found a Sickle and Hammer logo.. Which is Commie Russia, which was Nazi Germanys enemy.

Again this is just my 2 pennies
Back to top Go down
Dylan'sgirl

Dylan'sgirl

Their religion..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Their religion..?   Their religion..? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 5:35 pm

deathmedic wrote:
TBH... Almost all boys go through a "Nazi" phase... Where we draw swastikas on our shit and talk about Hitler and "How we could have done it better"... Was he really into it... Probably not in the way they make it seem, like he worshiped them... Was he fascinated by Hitler/ Nazis? More than likely (kinda like we are about Columbine).
If the boys were really into it their rooms/lockers/notebooks would have been covered in this shit... Which they were not (to the best of my Knowledge).... If they were really into it Dylan didn't understand a pretty MAJOR thing... Nazis and Russians HATED each other On Dylans boot they found a Sickle and Hammer logo.. Which is Commie Russia, which was Nazi Germanys enemy.

Yeah I can see your point of view. I also think that he had a Sickle and Hammer logo because it was ''cool''. I came across few people who dressed alternative and had such logo but when I asked why, they replied with '' Because it looks cool'' and had no idea what it meant. lol!

Their religion..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Their religion..?   Their religion..? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 7:22 pm

Dylan was a hipster...
Back to top Go down
MysteryMan

Contribution Points : 89508
Forum Reputation : 12

Their religion..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Their religion..?   Their religion..? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Circumcision is sometimes performed for phimosis you can read about it on wikipedia if you want. As to nazi comments I have made a thread about it some time ago
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 96835
Forum Reputation : 440

Their religion..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Their religion..?   Their religion..? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 10:34 pm

Eric's parents were catholic (though not sure how much observant or religious they really were). Eric was an atheist by all evidence. Circumcision in Poland is uniquely a jewish or islamic thing, but in the US many christians including catholics do it.

Dylan's father was a luteran, but not a very religious one by what I can see. Byron and Dylan did participate in some luteran religious activity and Duyln had a luteran funeral. Dylan's mom was jewish and at least somewhat observant, celebrating yom kippur etc.

Dylan himself? Hard to say, he seems to have rejected all religion but built up some sort of rump set of personal spiritual beliefs. This is nothing unusual for people with schizotypal PD.

deathmedic wrote:
TBH... Almost all boys go through a "Nazi" phase... Where we draw swastikas on our shit and talk about Hitler and "How we could have done it better"...

Perhaps most boys in your country. Poland? Best way to get bullied and hated by everyone is associate yourself with anything Nazi. Only people who openly say they are nazi are skinheads... and that's mostly just when they are travelling in a group ;)

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
browneyes11

browneyes11

Contribution Points : 83894

Their religion..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Their religion..?   Their religion..? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 1:01 am

MegaloX wrote:
Dylan was a hipster...

HAHAHAHA you cracking me up

To experience life after death, in solitude, in compassion, in love.-

johncena likes this post

Back to top Go down
browneyes11

browneyes11

Contribution Points : 83894

Their religion..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Their religion..?   Their religion..? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 1:09 am

Just throwing my two cents into the ring. I'm from the US and I'm a girl so I can't speak for ALL American men, but from my experience most guys from the US are circumcised. It's pretty rare to run into a guy that isn't. It's kind of funny. I'm twenty-three and I have yet to encounter an uncircumcised penis personally...so that should give you an idea.

One of my roommates is uncircumcised and we have had many conversations about it. From what I can gather, it's just "the normal" thing to do. People seem to think it's cleaner if it's circumcised. I doubt it makes much of a difference. But what do I know?

To experience life after death, in solitude, in compassion, in love.-
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 96835
Forum Reputation : 440

Their religion..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Their religion..?   Their religion..? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 1:20 am

browneyes11 wrote:
Just throwing my two cents into the ring. I'm from the US and I'm a girl so I can't speak for ALL American men, but from my experience most guys from the US are circumcised. It's pretty rare to run into a guy that isn't. It's kind of funny. I'm twenty-three and I have yet to encounter an uncircumcised penis personally...so that should give you an idea.

One of my roommates is uncircumcised and we have had many conversations about it. From what I can gather, it's just "the normal" thing to do. People seem to think it's cleaner if it's circumcised. I doubt it makes much of a difference. But what do I know?

Ok, good to know. Certainly not the norm in Poland. Basically only religious jews and some religious muslims do it, which is about 0.001% of the population afaik. Most jews who remain in Poland are not religious and have assimilated into the polish majority customs-wise. Christians in Poland never circumsize anyone (aside from rare medical urgency cases), because that's seen as a jewish-only thing.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
ellie z

Contribution Points : 81592

Their religion..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Their religion..?   Their religion..? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 2:07 am

I think in the US circumcision is currently down to just over 50% for newborns. It's become less prevalent over the years, but certainly in the 80s I would expect most boys in the US were circumcised.

My ex-husband was born in 1981 and is uncircumcised, but he is Native American and it was a cultural thing from generations back for his family. Anyone else I've known well enough to know if they were or not, was circumcised.

I find the obsession with circumcision bizarre, honestly. Some women refuse to be with men who aren't circumcised. And it's not just women, to be fair, I have a gay friend who also is weirded out by uncircumcised guys.

When I have kids I don't plan to have them circumcised, and I've had multiple people tell me they hope I only have girls. It's incredibly routine and everyone simply assumes you'll do it because it's "normal."

mincenz0 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Dylan'sgirl

Dylan'sgirl

Their religion..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Their religion..?   Their religion..? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 8:46 pm

Sabratha wrote:
Eric's parents were catholic (though not sure how much observant or religious they really were). Eric was an atheist by all evidence. Circumcision in Poland is uniquely a jewish or islamic thing, but in the US many christians including catholics do it.

Dylan's father was a luteran, but not a very religious one by what I can see. Byron and Dylan did participate in some luteran religious activity and Duyln had a luteran funeral. Dylan's mom was jewish and at least somewhat observant, celebrating yom kippur etc.

Dylan himself? Hard to say, he seems to have rejected all religion but built up some sort of rump set of personal spiritual beliefs. This is nothing unusual for people with schizotypal PD.

deathmedic wrote:
TBH... Almost all boys go through a "Nazi" phase... Where we draw swastikas on our shit and talk about Hitler and "How we could have done it better"...

Perhaps most boys in your country. Poland? Best way to get bullied and hated by everyone is associate yourself with anything Nazi. Only people who openly say they are nazi are skinheads... and that's mostly just when they are travelling in a group ;)

Hey high five to you! I'm Polish too , but unfortunately I moved away a long time ago! confused

According to Browns they said in one of the Basement Tapes Dylan was going on about his Jewish uncle, and Eric was suprised Dylan was Jewish! I don't know how much truth is there to it though..
I would love to find out but since they have been destroyed it will never happen! Neutral

Falco

Contribution Points : 85907
Forum Reputation : 70

Their religion..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Their religion..?   Their religion..? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 7:08 am

Dylan'sgirl wrote:
I would love to find out but since they have been destroyed it will never happen! Neutral

I still can't believe it really :/. So much information has been lost.

Dylan'sgirl

Their religion..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Their religion..?   Their religion..? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 12:55 pm

I don't even know where to begin. I feel like Dylan and Eric should give it to someone who would publish it while the shooting was happening or something. It really bugs me that the Basement Tapes won't see public light.

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 97168
Forum Reputation : 104

Their religion..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Their religion..?   Their religion..? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 1:03 pm

ellie z wrote:

I find the obsession with circumcision bizarre, honestly. Some women refuse to be with men who aren't circumcised.

God dammit, that's where I've been going wrong!

*looks for scalpel*
Back to top Go down
Dylan'sgirl

Dylan'sgirl

Their religion..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Their religion..?   Their religion..? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 1:56 pm

browneyes11 wrote:

Whatever floats people boat. I personally would not put my son to this, it's my personal view. I somehow find it barbaric to have a little baby's little skin chop off. People say it doesn't hurt them. Ofcorse it does! It's just the fact that they won't remember this pain. I just don't agree with it.

mincenz0 likes this post

Back to top Go down
lol

Contribution Points : 102022
Forum Reputation : 325

Their religion..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Their religion..?   Their religion..? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 2:59 pm

I guess I'm lucky. I am circumcised, and I'm in my 20's. It was probably the norm for '80s and early '90s newborns.
Back to top Go down
Wideawake

Wideawake

Contribution Points : 101051

Their religion..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Their religion..?   Their religion..? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 7:53 am

Not trying to push anyone in either direction, but I know of several adult men who had to have circumcisions later in life for medical reasons - and they say it is hell. In addition, having a circumcision as an adult has a much higher rate for infection than it does for a newborn. I think it's easier to do it to an infant who won't remember it and who is unlikely to have complications related to it. I also seem to remember reading that a newborn's pain receptors aren't fully developed so maybe it genuinely does hurt less?
Back to top Go down
Dylan'sgirl

Dylan'sgirl

Their religion..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Their religion..?   Their religion..? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 2:47 pm

Wideawake wrote:
Not trying to push anyone in either direction, but I know of several adult men who had to have circumcisions later in life for medical reasons - and they say it is hell. In addition, having a circumcision as an adult has a much higher rate for infection than it does for a newborn. I think it's easier to do it to an infant who won't remember it and who is unlikely to have complications related to it. I also seem to remember reading that a newborn's pain receptors aren't fully developed so maybe it genuinely does hurt less?

I can see what you mean. If it's something you got to get done because of health problems , then I guess you have to do it. But I also believe that I wouldn't decide for my child to have some of his private parts cut off. I know few people who were circumsiced and they hate it. But hey now they have to live with it . Like I said before whatever floats your boat. This is kind of topic that people will agree and disagree with .

Contribution Points : 74219

Their religion..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Their religion..?   Their religion..? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2017 7:13 pm

Circumcision in America stems from quackery in 19th century medicine. Some people were deathly afraid of masturbation, and wrongly thought circumcision would prevent it. I think circumcision still prevalent today because people don't think critically about it.

I'm circumcised, but I think it's a form of child abuse. Lots of people don't want to have a negative body image, so they just perpetuate the practice. It's not even a religious thing, necessarily.
Back to top Go down
Glamazon

Contribution Points : 66035
Forum Reputation : 25

Their religion..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Their religion..?   Their religion..? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2017 7:50 pm

Sabratha wrote:
Eric was an atheist by all evidence.

Jennifer Laufenberg's boyfriend claimed that Eric considered himself an agnostic. Plus, in the basement tape transcript, Eric says that, "Hopefully death is like being in a dream state".

Contribution Points : 69573
Forum Reputation : 345

Their religion..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Their religion..?   Their religion..? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 5:12 am

deathmedic wrote:

I think it was moreso Eric who was into the Nazi stuff.

Ive seen some KMFDM stuff with the Sickle/Hammer, possibly Dylan picked it up from that.
Back to top Go down
myshame

Their religion..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Their religion..?   Their religion..? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2021 10:47 pm

Dylan'sgirl wrote:
Okay.. So I'm new here and I though I can start a post bounce
Basically I was going through Autopsy Files on Eric and Dylan and what strucked me is the fact that supposedly Eric was circumcised Laughing Rolling Eyes
I know this might be a bit of a weird post.. Please don't judge me ha ha!
Anyway I know that Dylan was because his parents were Jewish, but was Eric's family Jewish too? Question

Already posted in this thread, but to make it more clear:

Dylan's dad was not Jewish, I don't think. Dylan's mother I think was raised Jewish but if you did a DNA test on Dylan it might not come up as any Jewish ethnicity because either Dylan's mother or Dylan's maternal grandfather was adopted into a Jewish family? This family was actually famous in Ohio for being wealthy philanthropists. Not sure. There's an article on Dylan's Jewish roots:

also one if you subscribe to Washington Post:

Dylan's family engaged in both Christian and Jewish practices, but he was given a Christian burial.

Eric Harris did not have any Jewish roots and as to his religion, I think his family might have been loosely affiliated with a Christian church, but also not sure. Someone else in the thread might have said something about Eric's religion specifically.

Anyways circumcision is a common practice in the US so many of the autopsy reports you read will say someone is circumcised. I disagree with this practice, as I already said.

mincenz0 likes this post

Back to top Go down
myshame

Their religion..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Their religion..?   Their religion..? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2021 11:18 pm

Circumcision is commonly also done in like, South Korea and Philippines due to US influence I think. I believe they do it to older children rather than infants. The whole thing makes me rather angry and I'd rather not go into it with further research.

Also done in South Africa commonly but I assume it's not because of US influence.

mincenz0 likes this post

Back to top Go down
myshame

Their religion..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Their religion..?   Their religion..? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2021 4:18 am

I'd also like to note that Dylan's family didn't attend religious services regularly, such as every week. But Dylan's mother said she wanted to teach her children values and cited the ten commandments to Dylan on why it was wrong to steal, so I assume he was taught stories from the Bible as a child.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Their religion..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Their religion..?   Their religion..? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Their religion..?
Page 1 of 1