Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dawn Anna

Go down 
+2
Sabratha
paradisedreams
6 posters
AuthorMessage
paradisedreams

paradisedreams

Contribution Points : 83661
Forum Reputation : 0

Dawn Anna  Empty
PostSubject: Dawn Anna    Dawn Anna  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 9:05 am

I just uploaded Dawn Anna to youtube. Kinda forgot how good & well done it actually was! Especially for being a 10 year old Lifetime movie.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 96835
Forum Reputation : 440

Dawn Anna  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn Anna    Dawn Anna  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 5:20 pm

Seen it.

My reaction is overall negative. The acting was good, everything else was bad.

The film was poorly paced, the first 20 mins of the film dragged on for ages withot much substance, while later scenes that mattered often felt rushed.

The directing and screenpaly were mediocre at best.

Camerawork? Don't get me started. After waching Che (2008 film) recently, this film in comparison feels like it was filmed by art students at best. If you plan to film parts of a movie with a handheld camera, they by Gods make it a relevant experience as far as the movie goes!

Here we have sections that are (badly) filmed handheld for no apparent reason. Budget reasons maybe?

Some editing was also poor, we had very quiet scenes very abruptly cut to a loud scene in a manner that at one time resulted in something i can only deascribe as a jump-scare (no, I'm sure it was not intended by the director).

So yeah - certainly keep the actors, but throw everyone else out. Even if the film was made on a very low budget, there's things I could have done better with my amateur group and "with nothing but matchbooks and sarcasm in our pockets".

Again, too bad because the RL story had narative potential and the acting was good - this could have been a much better movie if made by the right people.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
paradisedreams

paradisedreams

Contribution Points : 83661
Forum Reputation : 0

Dawn Anna  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn Anna    Dawn Anna  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 6:36 pm

Sabratha wrote:
Seen it.

My reaction is overall negative. The acting was good, everything else was bad.

The film was poorly paced, the first 20 mins of the film dragged on for ages withot much substance, while later scenes that mattered often felt rushed.

The directing and screenpaly were mediocre at best.

Camerawork? Don't get me started. After waching Che (2008 film) recently, this film in comparison feels like it was filmed by art students at best. If you plan to film parts of a movie with a handheld camera, they by Gods make it a relevant experience as far as the movie goes!

Here we have sections that are (badly) filmed handheld for no apparent reason. Budget reasons maybe?

Some editing was also poor, we had very quiet scenes very abruptly cut to a loud scene in a manner that at one time resulted in something i can only deascribe as a jump-scare (no, I'm sure it was not intended by the director).

So yeah - certainly keep the actors, but throw everyone else out. Even if the film was made on a very low budget, there's things I could have done better with my amateur group and "with nothing but matchbooks and sarcasm in our pockets".

Again, too bad because the RL story had narative potential and the acting was good - this could have been a much better movie if made by the right people.

You make some very valid points! I never really payed attention to the background stuff, nor do I watch many movies. I'll keep them in mind when I find the time to watch it in full, again.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 96835
Forum Reputation : 440

Dawn Anna  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn Anna    Dawn Anna  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 5:02 am

Just my opinion. I see a lot of potential with the story that's gone to waste.

If we kept the same actors, but the directing and sceenplay were made by the same people who made "Zero Day", while lighting and camerawork done by Van Sant's people who made "Elephant", this film would make the world benchmark.

As it is now, technical issues and an imbalanced script really keep it down. Shame.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down

Dawn Anna  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn Anna    Dawn Anna  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 7:56 am

the video link no longer works
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 78986
Forum Reputation : 38

Dawn Anna  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn Anna    Dawn Anna  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 10:56 am

Here's a fresh link to watch DAWN ANNA for anybody: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Keep in mind this movie is not entirely focusing on Lauren if anyone's expecting that.

Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192899
Forum Reputation : 1317

Dawn Anna  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn Anna    Dawn Anna  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2017 9:58 pm

I watched this a while back, I had no idea it was about Columbine.

I also read Cassie's book when it first came out and it was either in Dawn Anna or in the book, there was a write up about how the families found out their kids died. Something about waiting to get called and the rooms kept emptying and no one was telling them anything.. does that sound familiar? Vague I know.

slippy123

Contribution Points : 104663
Forum Reputation : 1235

Dawn Anna  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn Anna    Dawn Anna  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 29, 2017 1:00 pm

Both links are down, can anyone link me to a place I can watch?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192899
Forum Reputation : 1317

Dawn Anna  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn Anna    Dawn Anna  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 29, 2017 1:11 pm

I can't post links yet but I found it on YouTube by searching Dawn Anna . Lifetime movies 2017
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 104663
Forum Reputation : 1235

Dawn Anna  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn Anna    Dawn Anna  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 29, 2017 1:14 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
I can't post links yet but I found it on YouTube by searching Dawn Anna . Lifetime movies 2017

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 97794
Forum Reputation : 21

Dawn Anna  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn Anna    Dawn Anna  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2019 9:24 am

I love it. I viewed it again last night. Well worth the watch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dawn Anna  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn Anna    Dawn Anna  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dawn Anna
Page 1 of 1