Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Who has visited CHS & the Memorial?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
andromedia

PostSubject: Re: Who has visited CHS & the Memorial?   Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:37 am

I lurk a lot, sorry. Anyways I find it odd how people have an interest in actually visiting the school itself. Well rather than odd, i'd say almost creepy. It IS still a school full of children after all. Odd folks use to drive around the school and i've been approached twice by curious tourists when I went to school. Glad nobody here has gone so far as to actually break into the school (which people have tried to do.)

If there's any interest, I might dig out my 2012 yearbook and upload some pictures if anybody would like to see what the school looks like now.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Juicy Jazzy
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Who has visited CHS & the Memorial?   Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:41 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I lurk a lot, sorry. Anyways I find it odd how people have an interest in actually visiting the school itself. Well rather than odd, i'd say almost creepy. It IS still a school full of children after all. Odd folks use to drive around the school and i've been approached twice by curious tourists when I went to school. Glad nobody here has gone so far as to actually break into the school (which people have tried to do.)

If there's any interest, I might dig out my 2012 yearbook and upload some pictures if anybody would like to see what the school looks like now.

There was a guy from New Zealand who used to post here, he pretended to be a student and walked all through the school with a hidden camera (I think). He uploaded the pics and footage here. Then a few months later NZ police went to his house. Apparently JeffCo police contacted them in relation to what he had done. He was then forced to delete all the footage. Cant remember if he was charged or not. Was pretty interesting, that guy had balls.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rose The Hat

PostSubject: Re: Who has visited CHS & the Memorial?   Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:33 am

I lurk a lot, sorry. Anyways I find it odd how people have an interest in actually visiting the school itself. Well rather than odd, i'd say almost creepy.

Oh well, lurkers lurk, and creepers creep. clown

asloversgo

PostSubject: Re: Who has visited CHS & the Memorial?   Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:37 pm

I went last year and I'm going again this month Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rose The Hat

PostSubject: Re: Who has visited CHS & the Memorial?   Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:08 am

Visit Rocky Mountain National Park afterwards. I don't understand how Dylan and Eric could be so full of hate when they lived so close to such natural beauty, but that's mental illness for you. It takes no prisoners.

ShawnMaggles

PostSubject: Re: Who has visited CHS & the Memorial?   Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:10 am

Sorry if this has already been asked, but does the school still do tours every now and again? I've seen a tour on Youtube where they showed the renovations and such, and yes I realize it is still a running school. However a short guided tour of the place would be fascinating.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draw_It_White
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Who has visited CHS & the Memorial?   Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:20 am

Sorry if this has already been asked, but does the school still do tours every now and again? I've seen a tour on Youtube where they showed the renovations and such, and yes I realize it is still a running school. However a short guided tour of the place would be fascinating.

I guess you watched the remodelling tour? I highly doubt they offer that anymore and expect it was just a one off. They probably do small tours for kids thinking of attending the school after they leave primary school when looking at which high school to join but I'd expect that's about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShawnMaggles

PostSubject: Re: Who has visited CHS & the Memorial?   Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:37 am

I guess you watched the remodelling tour? I highly doubt they offer that anymore and expect it was just a one off. They probably do small tours for kids thinking of attending the school after they leave primary school when looking at which high school to join but I'd expect that's about it.

Ah okay, makes sense. Thanks for the reply.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Who has visited CHS & the Memorial?   Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:26 am

Pretty morbid we're interested in seeing the school just to be in the position of either a victim, survivors or where the boys walked.

Rose The Hat

PostSubject: Re: Who has visited CHS & the Memorial?   Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:02 pm

Pretty morbid we're interested in seeing the school just to be in the position of either a victim, survivors or where the boys walked.

Girl, you love morbid.

Fatheroftwo
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Who has visited CHS & the Memorial?   Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:37 pm

Visit Rocky Mountain National Park afterwards. I don't understand how Dylan and Eric could be so full of hate when they lived so close to such natural beauty, but that's mental illness for you. It takes no prisoners.

so true, speaks volumes to "mental illness"... but there is no question E&D were living in better surroundings/support than 99.999% of the world's population. The Klebold's home/property is simply breathtaking, short of living on a beach it doesn't get much better.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rose The Hat

PostSubject: Re: Who has visited CHS & the Memorial?   Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:03 pm

so true, speaks volumes to "mental illness"...  but there is no question E&D were living in better surroundings/support than 99.999% of the world's population.  The Klebold's home/property is simply breathtaking, short of living on a beach it doesn't get much better.

I kind of understand Eric's feelings of otherness since he moved around so much, but you are correct that Dylan's environment, background, and resources were so much better than most of us. His life was "perfect", he should have been happy, right? His mom calls it 'brain illness' but that's because she still can't admit her son was mentally ill. I really mostly think he was a perfectionist that needed help, but felt that asking for help was a sign of weakness or failure. I think a good therapist could have helped him, but there are so many bad therapists out there, he was probably doomed regardless of whether he'd seeked help, or not.

Rose The Hat

PostSubject: Re: Who has visited CHS & the Memorial?   Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:05 pm

Holy crap, my last comment was off topic as hell. Sorry.

Who has visited CHS & the Memorial?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2