Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Best places to find accurate Columbine info.

Go down 
+10
Rebdoomer
radaddio
Archvile
em81
lasttrain
Draw_It_White
Nightshiftstalker
Falco
Sabratha
eli27
14 posters
AuthorMessage
eli27

eli27

Contribution Points : 82857
Forum Reputation : 135

Best places to find accurate Columbine info. Empty
PostSubject: Best places to find accurate Columbine info.   Best places to find accurate Columbine info. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 7:02 pm

What are the best websites for learning about Columbine? I am having a hard time knowing what information is accurate.

I am fairly uneducated on Columbine at the moment but would like to begin reading up on it a bit more.

Thank you.

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 96860
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Best places to find accurate Columbine info.   Best places to find accurate Columbine info. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 8:03 pm

acolumbinesite.com

That one is fairly accurate in most cases.

Other ones... not so much.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland

Woundfucker likes this post

Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

PostSubject: Re: Best places to find accurate Columbine info.   Best places to find accurate Columbine info. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 12:13 am

Thank you, I am still quite new to the Columbine shooting as until I found this forum I was only really interested in Sandy Hook, so I don't want my knowledge to be built on false information - although this seems to be harder than I anticipated.

Falco

Contribution Points : 85932
Forum Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Best places to find accurate Columbine info.   Best places to find accurate Columbine info. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 1:47 am

acolumbinesite.com is somewhat accurate, But it doesn't go into too much detail about many things.

Nightshiftstalker

Contribution Points : 82162
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Best places to find accurate Columbine info.   Best places to find accurate Columbine info. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 1:34 pm

joachim gaertner - "ich bin voller hass - und das liebe ich" - although they call it a "documentary novel".

(however - his reflections are really touching, if you read them in the the middle of the night while listening to some hardstyle tracks like sonar's "all of me" or hunter remix of killzone for example - if you like. (no manipulation intended.))

always annoying you
nightshiftstalker

(Unser Platz, Prinz Pi, Kompass ohne Norden)
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 97193
Forum Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Best places to find accurate Columbine info.   Best places to find accurate Columbine info. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 2:27 pm

Someone once told me [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is a good one, I think it was LPorter101 jocolor

Back to top Go down
Falco

Falco

Contribution Points : 85932
Forum Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Best places to find accurate Columbine info.   Best places to find accurate Columbine info. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 12:25 am

Radioactive_Clothing wrote:
Someone once told me [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is a good one, I think it was LPorter101  jocolor

Ahh yes, Dave Cullen, the only source of reliable Columbine information.

Nightshiftstalker

PostSubject: Re: Best places to find accurate Columbine info.   Best places to find accurate Columbine info. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 11:33 pm

dave cullen or this vampire psychology stu? or the doc(X)?

anyways - thx for sharing.

i rarely think about danish writers who devoted themselves and theri lives to topics or themes like rampage and suicide (plus aftermath) because it could be a cold shockxx...

by the way - a.s.h., a.s.m and pages / "spaces" like selbstmord.com feat doc@ were no jokes - like ledgers corpse has been.

friendly plus maybe cynically d<(_)r_>unken

greetz
nightshiftstalker

Back to top Go down
lasttrain

Contribution Points : 101463
Forum Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Best places to find accurate Columbine info.   Best places to find accurate Columbine info. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 6:44 am

The books by Dave Cullen, Jeff Kass, and Ralph Larkin are accurate, though Dave Cullen is wrong about Eric Harris's affair with Brenda Parker.

I highly recommend the work of Peter Langman as very informed on Columbine and other shooters.
Back to top Go down
em81

Contribution Points : 100524
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Best places to find accurate Columbine info.   Best places to find accurate Columbine info. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 11:35 am

jeff kass and peter langman, i agree. but not cullen. he is more a fiction writer. he can´t know how they felt and also he said they were not bullied, which is not true. also he wrote like dylan is only a follower. both boys wanted to killed, that´s my impression.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 96860
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Best places to find accurate Columbine info.   Best places to find accurate Columbine info. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 12:35 pm

Books I am repeating myself:

1) Langman's "Why Kids Kill" - bets book as far as a psychological analysis of the CHS killers (and a few other shcool shooting killers) goes.

2) Krabbe's "We are but we aren't psycho". Most extensive columbine-oly book, you get the best chronology and factual information about Eric and Dylan including miniutae (who was in their school movies, what they wrote for school etc). Its much longer and more detailed than other books on the subject, but the conclusions are somewhat drawn out. Stay with Langman if you want a more concise and conclusive look at the shooting, but if youa re a completionist or a Columbine info junkie than Krabbe can't be missed.

3) Kass. Not bad, but in the end inferior to Langman as far as pcyhological analysis goes and inferior to Krabbe as far as details and facts go. Read Kass if you want an overview of the event and don't want to mess witch a machine translation of Krabbe.

4) Brooks. He knew Dylan as a kid, and went to CHS with E&D, but had little conatact with them in 1998/1999 and had a feud with Eric. He claims to have insider info, but in fact he doesn't and he don't give any information that you wouldn't otherwise find in Kass's book or Krabbe's book. If you read Krabbe or Kass, then you won't learn anything new from Brown.

4) Cullen. Basiclaly all he's good for is Ochberg's conclusions (professional psychologist) which he cites, while the rest is confused and often based on false information that proved to be a hoax (Brenda Parker etc).

5) Larkin. The interviews iwth CHS students are the only part of his book that has any value. His book is otherewise heavily based on false information (Brenda Parker again) and a TCM webstite that proved to be a hoax.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
Archvile

Archvile

Contribution Points : 79011
Forum Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Best places to find accurate Columbine info.   Best places to find accurate Columbine info. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 4:07 am

Anything Randy or Brooks says is usually true, despite Eric threatening his son, he still will still insist on Eric's motivations be bullying and hatred of the school and defends him against false information such as Cullen's book.
Sabratha wrote:
acolumbinesite.com
for the most part, but now a lot of the information is outdated and aside from the main blog, none of the other pages are updated.
and remember it's that website which started the whole confusion about Eric Harris liking cinaminis, when he wasn't even in the video, yet people on Tumblr still insist it's Eric Harris ordering cinaminis.

speaking of Tumblr, that's probably the least accurate place to find information, many of it is written by biased 15 year old fan-girls..
Back to top Go down
radaddio

Contribution Points : 82690
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Best places to find accurate Columbine info.   Best places to find accurate Columbine info. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 2:26 pm

Also, is Evan Long's site down for good? I went there yesterday to look at some of the misc archived pics and the domain is for sale.
Back to top Go down
Rebdoomer

Rebdoomer

Contribution Points : 78653

PostSubject: Re: Best places to find accurate Columbine info.   Best places to find accurate Columbine info. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 5:57 pm

Dave Cullen is not a good source!
I would read Brooks Brown's book called "No easy answers".

You should just research Columbine. You will learn what is false and what's not, it takes time but it's worth it. Very Happy
AND you can always ask if you don't know something!

Archvile

Archvile

Contribution Points : 79011
Forum Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Best places to find accurate Columbine info.   Best places to find accurate Columbine info. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 7:44 pm

Rebdoomer wrote:
You don't know how many times someone who has read that book and it's their only source of information on the case has tried to argue with me about facts, when I've never even read that book myself, and done my own research since 2006..
Back to top Go down
Rebdoomer

Rebdoomer

Contribution Points : 78653

PostSubject: Re: Best places to find accurate Columbine info.   Best places to find accurate Columbine info. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 8:36 pm

CharlesWhitman wrote:
Rebdoomer wrote:
You don't know how many times someone who has read that book and it's their only source of information on the case has tried to argue with me about facts, when I've never even read that book myself, and done my own research since 2006..
I can only imagine.. Oh dear.. Rolling Eyes

Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118045
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Best places to find accurate Columbine info.   Best places to find accurate Columbine info. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 11:40 pm

radaddio wrote:
Also, is Evan Long's site down for good? I went there yesterday to look at some of the misc archived pics and the domain is for sale.

Yes, I think I remember someone saying that his site was down for good.

There have been at least 3 Columbine sites that have gone down in the past year or so. I think aside from our forum, the only other place with accurate Columbine information would be acolumbinesite.

Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

PostSubject: Re: Best places to find accurate Columbine info.   Best places to find accurate Columbine info. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 11:47 pm

Jenn wrote:
radaddio wrote:

Yes, I think I remember someone saying that his site was down for good.

There have been at least 3 Columbine sites that have gone down in the past year or so. I think aside from our forum, the only other place with accurate Columbine information would be acolumbinesite.

Yeah, after my original post I am finding this. I have been finding some newer news articles somewhat acurate, but apart from that I'm sticking to here, acolumbinesite, some of the books, a few of the better documentaries and what I have got through so far of the 11k.

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 97819
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: Best places to find accurate Columbine info.   Best places to find accurate Columbine info. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 4:45 am

radaddio wrote:
Yeah, he gave Columbine away. He was working on a sequel to his original documentary but later on announced on one of the Yuku forums that he had no time to pursue his research anymore.
Back to top Go down
radaddio

PostSubject: Re: Best places to find accurate Columbine info.   Best places to find accurate Columbine info. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 10:54 am

Bummer. He had some good stuff. I didn't agree with his viewpoints, but it was still cool he had everything in one spot.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 147950
Forum Reputation : 2502

PostSubject: Re: Best places to find accurate Columbine info.   Best places to find accurate Columbine info. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 11:49 am

radaddio wrote:
Bummer. He had some good stuff. I didn't agree with his viewpoints, but it was still cool he had everything in one spot.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nightshiftstalker

PostSubject: Re: Best places to find accurate Columbine info.   Best places to find accurate Columbine info. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 12:21 am

@ LPorter101 - thanks for sharing - yo.

greetz
Stan

Back to top Go down
radaddio

PostSubject: Re: Best places to find accurate Columbine info.   Best places to find accurate Columbine info. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 4:42 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
radaddio wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks, man!
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 78128
Forum Reputation : 304

PostSubject: Re: Best places to find accurate Columbine info.   Best places to find accurate Columbine info. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2019 1:19 pm

AColumbinesite has some primary sources out. Such as the killers' journals. Other than that, I found School shooters. info very helpful
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 78128
Forum Reputation : 304

PostSubject: Re: Best places to find accurate Columbine info.   Best places to find accurate Columbine info. Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2019 5:07 pm

My best advice is to read books by other researchers.

Right now, Im reading Columbine by Dave Cullen, and Killer Kids by Peter Langmann.

Previously, Ive read No easy answers by Brooks Brown. Also planning to read Jeff Kass' book and A mothers Reckoning.

Other than that, for primary and secondary information and more in debth gyidsnce, Im using school shooters.info and acolumbinesite.

But yes, experts and first hand withness accounts is hard to do without.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best places to find accurate Columbine info.   Best places to find accurate Columbine info. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best places to find accurate Columbine info.
Page 1 of 1