Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality)

Go down 
+18
properground
HanShotFirst
Lunkhead McGrath
Guest83142
Selah
Littlelo
SandraSmit19
Nirvana92
Lodka
asloversgo
sororityalpha
Juicy Jazzy
Cezar
LPorter101
browneyes11
fatlittleparasite
Falco
paradisedreams
22 posters
AuthorMessage
Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 75936
Forum Reputation : 225

Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: rachel   Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 7:53 pm

MrHorror93700 wrote:
Rachel's Body, R.I.P  Crying or Very sad

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Not to be gross, but that's definitely the worst I've ever seen of that...yikes. I'd only seen the far-away stuff and the clip of people running past her. And the dragging clip but it's so far away that you can't see much of anything and some people even try to claim it's Richard Castaldo.
Back to top Go down

Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality)   Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2018 10:49 am

Watching them drag her ALWAYS made me feel sick. But knowing her parents saw it is heartbreaking. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality)   Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 7:08 pm

The way her arm drops when the fire department guy put her down gives me the chills. Neutral RIP.
Back to top Go down
SandraSmit19

SandraSmit19

Contribution Points : 102844
Forum Reputation : 235

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality)   Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 8:12 am

There's no dignity in death, is there? I realize they didn't have time to be gentle and if she was dead it was pointless but how about treating her as if she was a living and breathing human being at one point? How about acknowledging that she has loved ones who will be in agony watching something like that? Most of these guys had kids of their own, how would they have felt watching their kid get dragged like so much trash? Sad It's been a long time now, but it still bothers me. Can you tell? Razz

Last edited by SandraSmit19 on Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality)   Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 9:45 am

WOW, so very sad
Back to top Go down
HanShotFirst
Top Contributor
HanShotFirst

Contribution Points : 64137
Forum Reputation : 1210

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality)   Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2019 7:08 am

paradisedreams wrote:
fatlittleparasite wrote:
Morbid question/observation: why was there no blood smeared as they were dragging her across the ground?
I've always wondered about that, too. There has been speculations to whether or not she was already dead before the shot to her temple. Which would mean her heart had stopped beating prior to that supposed fatal shot. & could explain the lack of heavy bleeding. But I think I read somewhere that one of the swat team members said that he felt helpless when she was laying on the grass next to the fire truck. It was something along the lines of "The young girl was not only obviously deceased, but she was bleeding everywhere."  She was also pulled by her arms, laying in a semi upright position, both times. So, who knows! These are the questions that I kinda wish we had the answers to.

Spoiler:

Hard to tell because of the picture quality but in this zoomed in image you can almost make out streaks of blood running across her face. Very sad.

Contribution Points : 57949
Forum Reputation : 108

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality)   Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2019 10:35 am

asloversgo wrote:
Falcolus wrote:
Where did you get this from? Is there more frames? Also is the second photo just a duplicate of the first, because the first does not show up for me.

I found this high quality pic before the last move

I'm not very familiar with the layout of the school. Is that Eric's car by the library?

Guest wrote:
SandraSmit19 wrote:
Nirvana92 wrote:
Lodka wrote:
I really find weird the way they just drag her, like she was some kind of bag or something. As Falcolus said before it seems they had a good reason for that, but still it's kind awkward. I can only imagine what Brooks Browns's father thought of it, considering his criticism to the work of the police both prior to the shooting and during it.

Its really not that weird. I get that some see it as disrespectful, but Rachel was definitely dead by that point. Those officers put themselves at risk simply by retrieving her body. Soldiers will drag their dead comrades bodies when in the middle of a war zone. Ultimately getting them out takes precedent over how they are retrieved. Also I think they moved her so kids who escaped wouldn't have to see her laying dead. It may seem cold and harsh, but it was done with the best of intentions.

Yes, but in a warzone you usually only have one chance to retrieve a body, this wasn't a warzone. They could have left her where she was and they would have had a chance to retrieve her with more dignity later. The shooting wasn't going to last forever, after all.

As for kids seeing her, far fewer would have seen her if they had simply left her where she was. As it was, they put her right beside the path (before they moved her further away).

Indeed it does seem that the SWAT team put her even more out in the open then where she had originally started. This among other things had the conspiracy theorists saying that it was all fake and that it was a dummy they were dragging all over the place and left it where they did so the news crews would be able to film the kids running past, over, around her body.  

Then they moved her yet again. The footage of them dragging her around has always turned my stomach. I can't even imagine what it was like for her parents seeing that. Sad

Coming from a military background, I can understand why they dragged her the way they did. I'm assuming first responders get similar training to us, and we're taught that you're not supposed to move someone if they're hurt and unconcious, because they may have a back injury that you could make worse by moving them. But, if you have reason to believe that they might still be alive/ able to be revived but you can't give them life saving care where they are, you're supposed to move them without disturbing the body as much as possible. From their perspective, if they had thrown her over their shoulder, they might have worsened an existing back injury. We know now that it was all unnecessary, but at the time they were making split-second decisions.

Regarding moving her body multiple times, I think they just weren't thinking it through. I'm going to guess that at first it was like "she may be alive, get behind cover". Then it was probably like "oh no, the kids are running past/around/over her corpse, maybe we should move it".

But we know that jeffco kind of royally screwed the entire thing up, so while I can understand why they did what they did, I can't say that they were in the right in doing it.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95974
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality)   Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2019 10:51 am

NorThWest wrote:
asloversgo wrote:
Falcolus wrote:
Where did you get this from? Is there more frames? Also is the second photo just a duplicate of the first, because the first does not show up for me.

I'm not very familiar with the layout of the school. Is that Eric's car by the library?

Guest wrote:
SandraSmit19 wrote:
Nirvana92 wrote:
Lodka wrote:
I really find weird the way they just drag her, like she was some kind of bag or something. As Falcolus said before it seems they had a good reason for that, but still it's kind awkward. I can only imagine what Brooks Browns's father thought of it, considering his criticism to the work of the police both prior to the shooting and during it.

Its really not that weird. I get that some see it as disrespectful, but Rachel was definitely dead by that point. Those officers put themselves at risk simply by retrieving her body. Soldiers will drag their dead comrades bodies when in the middle of a war zone. Ultimately getting them out takes precedent over how they are retrieved. Also I think they moved her so kids who escaped wouldn't have to see her laying dead. It may seem cold and harsh, but it was done with the best of intentions.

Yes, but in a warzone you usually only have one chance to retrieve a body, this wasn't a warzone. They could have left her where she was and they would have had a chance to retrieve her with more dignity later. The shooting wasn't going to last forever, after all.

As for kids seeing her, far fewer would have seen her if they had simply left her where she was. As it was, they put her right beside the path (before they moved her further away).

Indeed it does seem that the SWAT team put her even more out in the open then where she had originally started. This among other things had the conspiracy theorists saying that it was all fake and that it was a dummy they were dragging all over the place and left it where they did so the news crews would be able to film the kids running past, over, around her body.  

Then they moved her yet again. The footage of them dragging her around has always turned my stomach. I can't even imagine what it was like for her parents seeing that. Sad

Coming from a military background, I can understand why they dragged her the way they did. I'm assuming first responders get similar training to us, and we're taught that you're not supposed to move someone if they're hurt and unconcious, because they may have a back injury that you could make worse by moving them. But, if you have reason to believe that they might still be alive/ able to be revived but you can't give them life saving care where they are, you're supposed to move them without disturbing the body as much as possible. From their perspective, if they had thrown her over their shoulder, they might have worsened an existing back injury. We know now that it was all unnecessary, but at the time they were making split-second decisions.

Regarding moving her body multiple times, I think they just weren't thinking it through. I'm going to guess that at first it was like "she may be alive, get behind cover". Then it was probably like "oh no, the kids are running past/around/over her corpse, maybe we should move it".

But we know that jeffco kind of royally screwed the entire thing up, so while I can understand why they did what they did, I can't say that they were in the right in doing it.

No that is I believe Zachs car. That is the sr lot. Those empty spaces in the area near the blueish car were Eric and Dylans spots. Dylans Car was in that lot but is not visible in that shot. Erics car was in the JR lot on the other side of the building

HanShotFirst
Top Contributor
HanShotFirst

Contribution Points : 64137
Forum Reputation : 1210

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality)   Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2019 12:38 pm

[quote="Lizpuff"]
NorThWest wrote:
asloversgo wrote:
Falcolus wrote:

Guest wrote:
SandraSmit19 wrote:
Nirvana92 wrote:
Lodka wrote:

I think the biggest issue here was that something that should have never have been filmed was. Life can be ugly. Columbine was a very ugly moment. I don't blame the swat guys as much as I do the media filming it. Nothing could train you for cleaning up dead kids. I'm sure they had their reasons for moving her as much as they did. Miscommunication , etc. But the fact is that is just an ugly part of life and what happens when things like this happen. BUT it should have never been filmed.

Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

Contribution Points : 123450
Forum Reputation : 40

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality)   Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2019 9:31 pm

paradisedreams wrote:
I don't think i've ever seen a non-pixely version of the first dragging of Rachel's body, & Richard laying on the bumper just after his rescue. You can almost make out their faces.

Edit: I'm guessing the original gif that I posted yesterday was too big of a file for it to play correctly on forums. So, it's no longer showing up. Here's the exact same gif but it'll just open in another tab. I apologize.

Warning:
deleted

Last edited by Kerea2244 on Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
errcuhh

Contribution Points : 31100
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality)   Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2020 10:50 pm

The police have said that they had to move Rachel’s body in order to maneuver the fire truck, which they used as cover to safely retrieve Richard Calstado... who would have died if they didn’t act right then. I’m assuming they moved her back after the first group of kids escaped, to prevent more kids from seeing her. It is disturbing to watch but it was necessary and there wasn’t time or safety to be more considerate, sadly. They were not meaning to be disrespectful and did feel badly about it.

smurfturf2001 dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
remrem25

remrem25

Contribution Points : 44760
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality)   Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2021 1:12 pm

Such a sad sight, but thank you for sharing

PostSubject: Re: Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality)   Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rachel's body being dragged from the original spot (Better quality)
Page 1 of 1