Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

The day it happened: How it looked on TV

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sscc
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 26235

PostSubject: Re: The day it happened: How it looked on TV   Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:51 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
If anyone has the clip of Patrick Ireland, I'd love to see it. The pictures just don't capture the absolute horror of a bloody, half-conscious kid literally flopping out of a second story window.

It's about 2 minutes into LPorter's video here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NotYourRobot

Contribution Points : 21924

PostSubject: Re: The day it happened: How it looked on TV   Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:10 pm

I know there were cameras everywhere that day, I'm just wondering if there's any footage capturing the parents of the 13 before there lives imploded. I don't have kids, I can't even imagine what that waiting game was like.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
myshame

Contribution Points : 15465

PostSubject: Re: The day it happened: How it looked on TV   Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:03 pm

I know there were cameras everywhere that day, I'm just wondering if there's  any footage capturing the parents of the 13 before there lives imploded. I don't have kids, I can't even imagine what that waiting game was like.

There definitely was not. They were in a private room.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
myshame

Contribution Points : 15465

PostSubject: Re: The day it happened: How it looked on TV   Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:22 am

Here's some more footage ... these reports aired between 1 and 2 p.m. Mountain (3 and 4 p.m. Eastern):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Among other things, we hear "Brian" and "Janine" and see Patti Nielson talking about what they heard and saw.

That's a different Nielson, and it seems that she worked in the Cafeteria. It's not Patti.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Population Control
Chatroom Moderator

Contribution Points : 5023

PostSubject: Re: The day it happened: How it looked on TV   Thu May 10, 2018 1:51 am

I find the news coverage from that day very interesting. That said the media were pretty much vultures willing to sensationalize the story for ratings. I think its very odd and unprofessional that they would allow an interview with kids who were still in the school during the attack. That was dangerous and wrong on many different levels.

Do you guys think Eric and Dylan stopped at any point to check the news? They were involved with the A/V classes at the school so they knew where the TVs were located. After seeing the massive wall of police that had gathered outside the school I wouldn't put it passed Eric to want to check the news out. They had plenty of time to stop and watch for a few minutes. There were obviously people inside the school who were watching the news, so there is a chance they could have at least heard some of the news while walking through the halls.

I forget where, but at some point the anchor in the clips I posted said that Jeffco asked the TV stations to stop broadcasting live pictures from their helicopters above the school.

One of the Denver TV stations broadcast at least one fake prank call during the live coverage.

I'd forgotten about the prank call!!! Further proof of how little order was in the media that day. Pretty sick that someone would do that though. Like the woman who claims to have slept with Eric. The sickest one I think ive heard is the recent Steve Rannasazi's 9/11 lie. I don't understand what people get out of placing themselves in tragedies. Its the same as doing a massacre for the attention without having to get your hands dirty. Its pathetic really.

Can you hook me up with that prank call? like a link I wanna see this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The day it happened: How it looked on TV
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2