Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Best Columbine documentary?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
eli27

PostSubject: Best Columbine documentary?   Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:58 am

Hi,

I was wondering what everyone thought was the best documentary on Columbine they had ever watched?

I just watched one [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , I don't think it was the best one out there but I really haven't seen that many.

Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: Best Columbine documentary?   Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:14 am

I think the best documentary is Zero Hour. It gives you an actual walk through of the events that happened that day so that you can see exactly how it went down.

I'm sure most people have seen it by now, but if you haven't, you should really watch it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

eli27

PostSubject: Re: Best Columbine documentary?   Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:18 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I think the best documentary is Zero Hour. It gives you an actual walk through of the events that happened that day so that you can see exactly how it went down.

I'm sure most people have seen it by now, but if you haven't, you should really watch it.

Thanks!

deathmedic

PostSubject: Re: Best Columbine documentary?   Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:08 am

It's the best one I have seen. Also the Columbine Cause is decent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eli27

PostSubject: Re: Best Columbine documentary?   Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:42 am

Just watched Zero Hour, found it very good. The reenactments made it a lot easier to picture what happened where on the day.

paradisedreams

PostSubject: Re: Best Columbine documentary?   Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:38 pm

Agreed. Zero Hour has always been my favorite. Of course it has it's mistakes but they're pretty 'minor' for a documentary that aired around the 5th anniversary. Which was technically still the early years of the investigation.

I think The Final Report from 2007 is my second favorite because it does answer a lot of questions that people who haven't really looked into the case (like most of us on here have) would want to know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Best Columbine documentary?   Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:02 am

Agree 100% about both Zero Hour and The Final Report. I really wish someone would make a Zero Hour-style feature film, but get some of the facts a bit more in line.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcolus

PostSubject: Re: Best Columbine documentary?   Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:48 am

Well Zero Hour isn't really a documentary, more of a movie. So I think they meant to have inaccuracy's, but yes I wish they made into a higher budget film.

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Best Columbine documentary?   Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:38 am

Well Zero Hour isn't really a documentary, more of a movie. So I think they meant to have inaccuracy's, but yes I wish they made into a higher budget film.  

Uh, it is a documentary actually. But I get what you're saying: the creators took a bit of dramatic licence w/ the re-enactment scenes. I would like to see something in the Zero Hour style that was a true docudrama (meaning a feature film dramatization) and that had the same level of quality and professionalism.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcolus

PostSubject: Re: Best Columbine documentary?   Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:48 am

Uh, it is a documentary actually. But I get what you're saying: the creators took a bit of dramatic licence w/ the re-enactment scenes. I would like to see something in the Zero Hour style that was a true docudrama (meaning a feature film dramatization) and that had the same level of quality and professionalism.

Oh my goodness, I was thinking of something different. So I take all I said back, although they did take a wee bit of creative enterprise when making it though.

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Best Columbine documentary?   Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:07 am

Oh my goodness, I was thinking of something different. So I take all I said back, although they did take a wee bit of creative enterprise when making it though.

Ah, don't worry happens to the best of us sometimes.  Smile  

It would be cool to see a real movie with quality acting and directing. I don't think anyone will do it any time soon, tho. And if Hollywood did  it, the thing would suck because it would almost certainly be based off of Cullenbine. I'm sure someone has already bought the movie rights to Cullen's book.

EDIT: Did a quick search and found this, so the Cullen movie is apparently on its way:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Juicy Jazzy
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Best Columbine documentary?   Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:16 am

Zero Hour should be treated as a movie anyway, it was fully of errors and factual inconsistencies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paradisedreams

PostSubject: Re: Best Columbine documentary?   Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:30 am

EDIT: Did a quick search and found this, so the Cullen movie is apparently on its way:

Lolll. I like that the first thing you see when you scroll down is "Say NO to Columbine Mini Series" on the message board.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Best Columbine documentary?   Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:33 am

Lolll. I like that the first thing you see when you scroll down is "Say NO to Columbine Mini Series" on the message board.

lol!  

You can just bet it'll be a big-budget pile of poop.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: Best Columbine documentary?   Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:24 am

You're probably thinking of Zero Day. It's easy to get the 2 confused. Zero Day is a movie based on Columbine. Zero Hour is a documentary.

Falcolus

PostSubject: Re: Best Columbine documentary?   Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:26 am

You're probably thinking of Zero Day. It's easy to get the 2 confused. Zero Day is a movie based on Columbine. Zero Hour is a documentary.

Yes I was haha, I keep mixing up the two. I haven't watched either in a while, but why would they choose names so similar? Just to confuse people like me...

Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: Best Columbine documentary?   Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:58 am

Yes I was haha, I keep mixing up the two. I haven't watched either in a while,  but why would they choose names so similar? Just to confuse people like me...

Actually the name of the TV series was actually called 'Zero Hour'. The name of that particular episode is called 'Massacre at Columbine High'. But most people just know it as 'Zero Hour'. 'Zero Day' was titled that because it is supposed to be based on Columbine and how Dylan and Eric kept calling it 'NBK'. Well the 2 kids in that movie called their plan 'Zero Day'. Ironically, Zero Day and Zero Hour came out within a year of each other back in 2003/2004.

Gonz

PostSubject: Re: Best Columbine documentary?   Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:25 pm

I really like this one, it was the first Columbine doc I watched when I started getting interested in the massacre. Enjoy it (:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
eli27

PostSubject: Re: Best Columbine documentary?   Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:46 pm

I've watched quite a few more documentaries since making this post, and I agree that Zero Hour is the best I've seen so far.

MysteryMan

PostSubject: Re: Best Columbine documentary?   Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:09 pm

I really like this one, it was the first Columbine doc I watched when I started getting interested in the massacre. Enjoy it (:

Yeah I like this one too In my personal ranking I put it on the first place even above Zero Hour. This guy who's reading entries from E&D journals is awesome and of course I really appreciate music which was used in this documentary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cypressdustwitch

PostSubject: Re: Best Columbine documentary?   Fri May 13, 2016 10:09 am

On Amazon prime I found this documentary called The Columbine Massacre: In The Killers Mind. I think it's French? Anyway, it was a good one and as far as I can remember it was pretty accurate as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Best Columbine documentary?   Mon May 16, 2016 4:25 pm

On Amazon prime I found this documentary called The Columbine Massacre: In The Killers Mind. I think it's French? Anyway, it was a good one and as far as I can remember it was pretty accurate as well.

That one is pretty good. It does get some facts wrong as far as stating Dylan holding the camera in the Eric in Columbine video (with Brooks to back it up no less) and calling Brooks' parents "her Parents" (although I might be misunderstanding his accent) but I think it was pretty well done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThoughtBox

PostSubject: Re: Best Columbine documentary?   Mon May 16, 2016 4:35 pm

Zero Hour, for sure. I liked the way it was filmed, even if the two didn't really look like E/D.

Oh, and also "Elephant." lol!

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Archvile

PostSubject: Re: Best Columbine documentary?   Thu May 19, 2016 10:54 pm

Columbine Killers AKA Lundi Investigations.
I think this one looks at them more as humans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Best Columbine documentary?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Miscellaneous :: Media-
Jump to: