Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A few pics from the '98 yearbook

Go down 
+9
shades
Lunkhead McGrath
Kiwik
Love
Sabratha
eli27
Grayscale
browneyes11
LPorter101
13 posters
AuthorMessage
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 147925
Forum Reputation : 2502

A few pics from the '98 yearbook Empty
PostSubject: A few pics from the '98 yearbook   A few pics from the '98 yearbook Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 3:04 am

Grayscale wrote:
Does anyone know if scans of the '98 yearbook are available anywhere? I'd like to see photos from a few people.

I downloaded these years ago ... don't ask me where. I believe - don't know for a fact - that they were taken from a link that someone posted on the old board. I know that I downloaded a few from the '96 and '97 yearbooks ... God knows where they are.

(I have tons of files, scattered across numerous external drives.)

I have put all of the pics together in one file. The scanned files themselves are low-res and are shown here at more than full-size.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

spikejonzelover likes this post

Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: A few pics from the '98 yearbook   A few pics from the '98 yearbook Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 3:11 am

Here's Robert Craig - the kid who killed his stepfather, then himself, early in the '97-'98 school year:

And here's Joe Stair:

browneyes11

Contribution Points : 83894
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: A few pics from the '98 yearbook   A few pics from the '98 yearbook Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 3:14 am

Woah. I've never heard about Robert Craig. That's crazy.

To experience life after death, in solitude, in compassion, in love.-
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: A few pics from the '98 yearbook   A few pics from the '98 yearbook Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 3:15 am

Here's Rocky Wayne Hoffschneider Jr. - captain of the wrestling team, member of the football team, driver of a Hummer H1*, scion of a concrete dynasty, and proud bearer of the title of Jock Asshole Bully [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] at Columbine during the '97-'98 school year:

*Back in '98, there was only one Hummer.

PostSubject: Re: A few pics from the '98 yearbook   A few pics from the '98 yearbook Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 10:13 am

Rocky sorta looks like Biff Tannen, lol.

Back to top Go down
Grayscale

Contribution Points : 81632
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: A few pics from the '98 yearbook   A few pics from the '98 yearbook Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 3:59 am

Thanks so much for sharing, LPorter. Very Happy I haven't seen the majority of  these before. Do you happen to have Marla Foust's '98 photo as well?
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: A few pics from the '98 yearbook   A few pics from the '98 yearbook Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 4:21 am

Grayscale wrote:
Thanks so much for sharing, LPorter. Very Happy I haven't seen the majority of  these before. Do you happen to have Marla Foust's '98 photo as well?

You're welcome. This is all I have.
Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

Contribution Points : 82832
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: A few pics from the '98 yearbook   A few pics from the '98 yearbook Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 12:13 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
Here's Rocky Wayne Hoffschneider Jr. - captain of the wrestling team, member of the football team, driver of a Hummer H1*, scion of a concrete dynasty, and proud bearer of the title of Jock Asshole Bully [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] at Columbine during the '97-'98 school year:

*Back in '98, there was only one Hummer.

You can tell he's an ass just by looking at his massive head.

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 96835
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: A few pics from the '98 yearbook   A few pics from the '98 yearbook Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 2:22 pm

Evan Todd looks like some sort of nerd/geek on that photo. Nothing like a jock.

Maybe its the quality, but Robyn looks like she could star in "The bride of the Joker returns".

Oh the teenage looks gossip! ;)

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
Love

Love

Contribution Points : 66891
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: A few pics from the '98 yearbook   A few pics from the '98 yearbook Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2016 7:08 am

LPorter101 wrote:
Here's Robert Craig - the kid who killed his stepfather, then himself, early in the '97-'98 school year:
Even in the photo you can see the pain in the eyes of this guy.
On another photo he looks okay.
I found something about him. Honestly it is very sad.
Quote :
Columbine had already had a tragedy a year before the shooting. In 1998, a student named Robert Craig had killed his father and then himself with a gun at their home.
Some of the students didn’t really care, and their attitude was said to be: ‘’Aw great, another death-metal guy died’’. However, friends of his, including Brooks Brown, had been close to Robert, and became very upset. ‘’The people who weren’t in the popular crowd went through hell of a time when Robert died; seeing the jocks laughing about it made things even worse’’.
Interestingly, felt these children after 4/20? Most likely the same. Some people never change.

Kiwik

Contribution Points : 73426
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: A few pics from the '98 yearbook   A few pics from the '98 yearbook Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2016 10:47 am

Man that is sad. I had heard bits and pieces about this here and there but that's it, and never saw a picture of him until now. You're right [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] he looks very sad in that first photo. That school really had some dark energy going on in the late 90s...

On an off topic sidenote my sister graduated hs in '98 and he totally looks like someone she would've dated.
Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 75386
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: Re: A few pics from the '98 yearbook   A few pics from the '98 yearbook Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2016 12:53 pm

Sarah Pollock...that's a *girl*? I'm not trying to be snotty--I literally have never seen a girl who could pass for a boy that easily.

Wow, Robyn Anderson damn near IS Kim Kelly from "Freaks & Geeks"....which aired its lone season on NBC right after the massacre (1999-2000.)

Does anybody remember any snotty jokes from back in 1999 to the effect of "youth culture went straight from Columbine to the Phantom Menace?"

BTW, is Sarah Slater the girl sticking her tongue out to E&D's right in the 1999 class photo?
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 78986
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: A few pics from the '98 yearbook   A few pics from the '98 yearbook Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2016 1:25 pm

I have never seen that yearbook picture, this is my first time. Thank you for that.
Also, really morbid to see and know that some of the people in that photo are no longer with us.

Kiwik

Contribution Points : 73426
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: A few pics from the '98 yearbook   A few pics from the '98 yearbook Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 12:49 am

I found an old article from after the shooting that focused on Robert Craig's murder/suicide. I like that his mother even says that teenagers lead secret lives, proving that parents aren't always to blame when these things happen. His story parallels e&d's in a way, where he was reliable and got good grades and didn't give any obvious indication of what he was planning. I like how she said when he shot his step-dad, she thinks he felt that it wasn't what he thought it would be and he turned the gun on himself. I wonder if e&d felt the same way. I also wonder if they knew him or were affected by his actions.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 121538
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: A few pics from the '98 yearbook   A few pics from the '98 yearbook Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 1:41 am

Joanne Sharpe passed away 4 years ago. May she rest in peace

Her grave site [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Robert M Craig grave site [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Steve Sharpe grave [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 78103
Forum Reputation : 304

PostSubject: Re: A few pics from the '98 yearbook   A few pics from the '98 yearbook Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2019 9:54 am

Absolutely horrible when people commit suicide.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A few pics from the '98 yearbook   A few pics from the '98 yearbook Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2019 3:29 pm

Norwegian wrote:
Absolutely horrible when people commit suicide.

Unfortunately, it's common in communities where school shootings happen. No

Look at all the people from stoneman douglas that committed suicide.
Back to top Go down
Onyx
Top Contributor
Onyx

Contribution Points : 48252
Forum Reputation : 378

PostSubject: Re: A few pics from the '98 yearbook   A few pics from the '98 yearbook Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2019 4:20 pm

Wow, Susan DeWitt was really pretty. Too bad Eric choose to kill people, they would be a really nice couple.

And this is my first time hearing about Robert Craig. It's kind of interesting to me how in his picture you can see something is clearly bothering him, in comparison to Eric and Dylan who usually looked like boys next-door.
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: A few pics from the '98 yearbook   A few pics from the '98 yearbook Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2019 5:24 pm

A raging psychopath? I think Ill pass
Back to top Go down
true_crime

true_crime

Contribution Points : 57799
Forum Reputation : 296

PostSubject: Re: A few pics from the '98 yearbook   A few pics from the '98 yearbook Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2019 8:45 pm

sororityalpha wrote:
Joanne Sharpe passed away 4 years ago. May she rest in peace

Her grave site [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Robert M Craig grave site [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Steve Sharpe grave [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What happened to her? 🙁

true_crime

PostSubject: Re: A few pics from the '98 yearbook   A few pics from the '98 yearbook Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2019 10:21 pm

Interesting connection here, does anyone else know anything about this?

This is the source. It has some good information, which isn’t surprising, considering that it is written by Alan Prendergast:

Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: A few pics from the '98 yearbook   A few pics from the '98 yearbook Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 6:08 am

An opinion piece by God knows who. But yes, a suicide is always a tragedy.
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: A few pics from the '98 yearbook   A few pics from the '98 yearbook Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 6:18 am

My beef with Westerworld: Ive seen interviews regarding Columbine where they cannot get their facts straight. They interviewed Jeff Kass saying that 'of course he agrees on the irrellevance of bullying and so on'. Jeff Kass doesnt actually agree on that. Ive heard other interviews with Kass. He does, in fact, argue that they were bullied. And that bullying was not a direct cause, but that it may have been a contributing factor
Back to top Go down
Onyx
Top Contributor
Onyx

Contribution Points : 48252
Forum Reputation : 378

PostSubject: Re: A few pics from the '98 yearbook   A few pics from the '98 yearbook Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 7:58 am

true_crime wrote:

Interesting connection here, does anyone else know anything about this?

This is the source. It has some good information, which isn’t surprising, considering that it is written by Alan Prendergast:

This is really interesting!
If this is true, then I'm sure Robert's murder-suicide has at least made a certain impact on Eric.
I find it curious how this connection is not mentioned anywhere scratch Or maybe it is?
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: A few pics from the '98 yearbook   A few pics from the '98 yearbook Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 11:52 am

Just to give people a friendly advice here:

I just checked the credibility of Newsweek at Media Bias/ Fact check and I found that its not a reliable source.
Back to top Go down
true_crime

true_crime

PostSubject: Re: A few pics from the '98 yearbook   A few pics from the '98 yearbook Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 4:26 pm

Norwegian wrote:
My beef with Westerworld: Ive seen interviews regarding Columbine where they cannot get their facts straight. They interviewed Jeff Kass saying that 'of course he agrees on the irrellevance of bullying and so on'. Jeff Kass doesnt actually agree on that. Ive heard other interviews with Kass. He does, in fact, argue that they were bullied. And that bullying was not a direct cause, but that it may have been a contributing factor

Well it was written by Prendergast himself so 🤷🏻‍�

Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: A few pics from the '98 yearbook   A few pics from the '98 yearbook Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 8:19 pm

true_crime wrote:
Norwegian wrote:
My beef with Westerworld: Ive seen interviews regarding Columbine where they cannot get their facts straight. They interviewed Jeff Kass saying that 'of course he agrees on the irrellevance of bullying and so on'. Jeff Kass doesnt actually agree on that. Ive heard other interviews with Kass. He does, in fact, argue that they were bullied. And that bullying  was not a direct cause, but that it may have been a contributing factor

Well it was written by Prendergast himself so 🤷🏻‍�

IDK who Pendergast is. I havent read Kass' book. Im thinking off buying the book through Amazon or a order through local bookstore in Norway. But Ive heard interviews with him and hes very clear that they were bullied.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few pics from the '98 yearbook   A few pics from the '98 yearbook Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A few pics from the '98 yearbook
Page 1 of 1