Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Who here loves the '80s?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Who here loves the '80s?   Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:06 am

Lol, I just had a funny memory come back to me talking about stanky cologne. A guy I went to high school with wore Preferred Stock (I think that's the name of that chloroform) and when I say wore it, I mean he had to bathe in that mess. From then on, I called it Preferred Livestock. I think I would gag if I smelled that crap now.

And make no mistake, women's perfumes were equally awful. And, yet they linger on to this day, thanks to poor little old ladies. I'm convinced that if a perfume is so dark brown it looks like maple syrup, it going to stank to high heavens. Sometimes in a store or somewhere I'll walk by a little old lady and she's took a bath in some of that tear gas. I'll start coughing and have to cover my face. I'm sensitive to nasty fragrances.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Who here loves the '80s?   Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:55 am

My grandma used to wear Avon Imari perfume. It is not a good scent at all but everytime I smell it, it brings my memories back to life. Before she passed she gave me a little Avon sample of it and I still have it. It is starting to dry up and there isnt much left but from time to time I will take it out and smell it to remember her.

View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Who here loves the '80s?   Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:22 am

My mother in law, who I truly love and adore (how many people can actually say that and mean it?) has this...vial of vile vileness. I'm pretty sure it's banned in California for the CFC's alone and is probably illegal in most countries in the world. I've tried hiding it, my husband has thrown it away, but I swear it's possessed because it always finds it way back. I'm pretty sure it could be a stand in for the gas chamber and lethal injection, and even has the added benefit of being used as a nuclear weapon. Even a slight spray will bring you to your knees begging for mercy. But, we wouldn't want a slight spray, now would we? She takes a bath in that mess.

She can be in the house, and you can smell it outside. I finally banned her from using it if she's riding in the car with us. You can't get that smell out!

And you guessed it! It was "created" in the 80's!
Back to top Go down
NoMaD

PostSubject: Re: Who here loves the '80s?   Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:24 pm

Tomb wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Really? I'm curious as to why. Lol, all I think of when it comes to the 80's was the god awful hair (didn't people get perms religiously?), the even worse clothes and for some reason shoulder pads lol. Those acid washed jeans that guys wore were hilarious and the mom jeans the girls wore were very unfortunate. Lol, and those crazy Bill Cosby sweaters.
Mainly for the aesthetic of that era. The fashion, the music, the films. Plus with my hairstyle, you'd think I came from the 80s. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Who here loves the '80s?   Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:26 pm

lol I'm just teasing everyone. The 80's were a funny time period. Even into the early 90's.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: Who here loves the '80s?   Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:12 pm

I could have sworn I typed a big long thing out about my experience meeting Boy George at a book signing back in 1995. I guess I typed it out but never posted it (I do that quite often, it seems).

PostSubject: Re: Who here loves the '80s?   Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:48 pm

@Jenn I think Boy George is on the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: Who here loves the '80s?   Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:56 pm

Tomb wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I think Boy George is on the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.
I don't know about that but I know he's on "The New Celebrity Apprentice". I don't watch that but my Grandmother does and of course she tells me all about it because I used to be obsessed with Boy George back in the mid to late 90's. I never should have gotten into my Mom's damn Culture Club tapes or watched "The Crying Game", lol.

21stcenturyreality

PostSubject: Re: Who here loves the '80s?   Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:45 am

I project myself as a tough loner... combat boots, camo, black, and death metal. But sometimes, sometimes... I love listening to new wave and obsessing over cyan and pink. Not afraid to admit it.

Criminalprofiling123

PostSubject: Re: Who here loves the '80s?   Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:31 pm

My sister was born in 1986, so she was lucky to have experienced somewhat the 80's and 90's era whereas on the other hand I experienced the early 2000's which isn't that bad to be honest. My ex has experienced the 80's and 90's wholly and I was kind of jealous of that. I wish I was around that era since it is unique in its own way and times were much simpler compared to now.

I only try by listening to songs and watching movies from 80s and 90s. I have no merchandise whatsoever.

Whatever 90s stuff my sister had is all gone unfortuantely.

View user profile
Rose The Hat

PostSubject: Re: Who here loves the '80s?   Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:56 am

eli27 wrote:
If there was any time I would choose to go back and visit, it would be the 80s for sure.

Why?

Amarantha

PostSubject: Re: Who here loves the '80s?   Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:43 am

Now that I think about it, there's a certain "mystery" surrounding an Italian anime opening (Urusei Yatsura) which was written and recorded in the 80s, yet still nobody in 2017 has a clue about the original author(s) and performers. The title is also unknown. I've been racking my brain to figure out something for months along with other Italian fans, but it's almost impossible.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mystic808

PostSubject: Re: Who here loves the '80s?   Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:02 pm

I like some of the music from that decade.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'll be under your stars ~FOREVER~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZCD99

PostSubject: Re: Who here loves the '80s?   Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:56 am

80s had great music, cartoons, toys, movies, and video games. Also I'm having a great time with new wave and 80s fashion.

Glamazon

PostSubject: Re: Who here loves the '80s?   Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:00 am

I love song artists and bands from the 80's, such as Sonic Youth, The Cure, Nirvana, The Police, Joy Division, Descendents, Bryan Adams, Billy Idol, Phil Collins and etc.

TheyAllFloatDownHere

PostSubject: Re: Who here loves the '80s?   Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:22 am

80s Synth is my favourite music but i also like Howard Jones and Fleetwood Mac
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheGoodGuy

PostSubject: Re: Who here loves the '80s?   Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:06 pm

I love the 80´s even though I am born in 1994 but it was just such an amazing time everyone says so also I love 80´s pop music
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Who here loves the '80s?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2