Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Definition of Anxiety Disorders.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Definition of Anxiety Disorders.   Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:38 pm

Anxiety disorders are a category of mental disorders characterized by feelings of anxiety and fear,[2] where anxiety is a worry about future events and fear is a reaction to current events.[2] These feelings may cause physical symptoms, such as a racing heart and shakiness.[2] There are a number of anxiety disorders: including generalized anxiety disorder, a specific phobia, social anxiety disorder, separation anxiety disorder, agoraphobia, and panic disorder among others.[3] While each has its own characteristics and symptoms, they all include symptoms of anxiety.[4]

source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Definition of Anxiety Disorders.   Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:34 am

Has anyone ever gone through the worst of anxiety attacks where you literally forget how to breathe? And I mean that as the literal issue, that all of a sudden you can't control your breathing.

Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: Definition of Anxiety Disorders.   Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] yeah I have. I've had panic attacks since I was a little kid. Mine usually make me feel like I'm losing control of my whole body, including my breathing. They've caused me to hyperventilate, and I've gotten dizzy and felt like I was going to pass out from them before. I was getting them a lot a couple years ago (after hardly getting them at all for over a decade) but thankfully they've subsided. I get them most often when I'm alone but I've gotten them at work before and just had to sit in the bathroom until I can calm myself down. I don't tell anyone when they happen I just kinda disappear until it gets to a point where I can manage it. Most of the time nothing in particular triggers them, they just kinda happen. The scariest is when they happen while I'm driving.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Definition of Anxiety Disorders.   Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:41 am

Once when I was alone in public I had an attack such as this, I must've been thinking too much and was anxious about what I was on my way to so I had to try not being too obvious and have people possibly noticing me, but yeah I actually forgot how to breathe, I thought I was going to pass out, my stomach was going crazy and it was just hell. I thought to myself am I seriously freaking out right now? It's nothing exciting or life changing so why the hell am I anxious over here?

I have had another case where this friend or someone who I thought was a friend dragged me to a night out where it was really crowded, I was surrounded by people I didn't know and wasn't in the mood to look hot or have fun that day -that night was for my friend really it wasn't for us-, I had no idea why I agreed to it. Long story short the moment we got there I had the worst attack ever. My nerves were uncontrollable, I think people may have noticed me practically shaking somehow and I couldn't even smile. When my friend introduced me to someone they were talking to I just said hi In a stern way and mumbled to my friend I had somewhere to go and left almost sprinted my way out of there as fast as I could.

Eventually I kept getting calls and was asked where the hell I was and I just said I couldn't remain there and I was actually asked did I just have a panic attack, I lied and said no. I made up some weak lie but I couldn't give a fuck and was just frustrated I let myself go through that.

Last edited by shades on Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Definition of Anxiety Disorders.   Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:43 am

Sometimes i tell myself I accept that I have anxiety attacks, I'll try to cherish it and handle it, cause I don't wanna go beating myself up over it. At the same time i have had thoughts like why can't I just be normal. Maybe If I was just ordinary or if I don't think too much I could get by better, or people won't find it exhausting after awhile to understand me.

aquillina

PostSubject: Re: Definition of Anxiety Disorders.   Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:09 am

Even till this day I still get anxiety issues. My biggest one is performance anxiety. I can't stand standing in front of a whole group of people to give presentations of anything. I get really light-headed and almost feel like I'm gonna faint. Still though I gave it my all and feel proud of myself at the end of the day.

shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Definition of Anxiety Disorders.   Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:15 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I'm glad that you made it through too.

Magnaphoria

PostSubject: Re: Definition of Anxiety Disorders.   Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Even till this day I still get anxiety issues. My biggest one is performance anxiety. I can't stand standing in front of a whole group of people to give presentations of anything. I get really light-headed and almost feel like I'm gonna faint. Still though I gave it my all and feel proud of myself at the end of the day.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Me too , fam.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: Definition of Anxiety Disorders.   Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:52 pm

I suffer from GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder) and I hate when people mock/underestimate anxiety. Meanwhile I have a panic attack over small things such as my family going outside at night and going to school.

I also hate when people WANT mental disorders. This is also talking about people who say they have anxiety but really don't. I used to be someone who claimed to have depression and I was like "I'm sad sometimes and suicidal so I'm depressed" but I've grown up now and learnt what mental disorders are like. People often are like me in the past. "Anxiety is worrying and I worry so I have anxiety." Think you have anxiety? Go to the doctor. See what they say. You want anxiety? Then you can fucking have it if there was a way to give it to you because I'm sick of anxiety effecting my social status and my emotional status.

Anxiety is not a joke, and anyone who fakes having anxiety/underestimates anxiety/mocks people for anxiety should be shot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Mystic808

PostSubject: Re: Definition of Anxiety Disorders.   Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:17 pm

As a person living with anxiety it seriously sucks. Its super hard for me to socialize with anyone who isn't  a family member and even when I'm relaxed and having fun it sneaks up on me on occasion and I become anxious for no reason.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'll be under your stars ~FOREVER~
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Definition of Anxiety Disorders.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1