Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sparing Evan Todd

Go down 
+14
Daniel768
spidEr
munchkinphone
Tuga
Screamingophelia
QuestionMark
Szabo
asloversgo
lio45
LPorter101
eli27
Fatheroftwo
Sabratha
Gustopoet2
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119628
Forum Reputation : 3191

Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2018 11:27 pm

munchkinphone wrote:
What are you basing that on?

Isn't that an established fact? At the very least it was Dylan who suggested that they start stabbing people, so I assumed it was Eric who talked about the killings not being fun anymore.

Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192899
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2018 11:36 pm

munchkinphone wrote:
Where can I find the transcript? I don't think I have read it. I can barely hear anything on the 911 call and I find it quite horrible to listen to it on high volume. The suicidephotos are nothing compared to that.

This page has some comprehensive transcripts

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

Contribution Points : 63089
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 12:19 am

Ok, thanks. I don't hear much. I hear one of the shooters yell yeah when they enter the library and then I feel like I hear everybody get up in a deep voice.. that's about it which is weird. I remember earlier I could hear more.. Is there really only the 4 minute call and the 20 second leak? I could swear I have heard more.
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 12:51 am

Yeah, I've listenend to this one earlier. Do you agree with the transcript in this one? I hear almost everything it says.

This is what I hear
"Yeah"
"anybody gets (inaudible) shot/ shut up." Could be one of them interrupting the other with shut up.
"Vodka, come here"
"That bitch is so annoying"
"You guys (inaduble) now"
"Wooo"
"alright Dylan"
"Get up"
"Everybody who (inaudible) white (inaudible) up"  -sounds more like put your hands up/ get up to me(?)
"Everybody get up!" clearly Dylans voice.
"get ready to die"
"Die motherfuckers" Geez.
I hear some screaming here but no words
"Heeey" clearly Erics voice.
"I'm alright Dylan" very calm voice.. sure this is legit?
"That bitch is not staying alive, go get her" Doesn't sound like Erics voice at the beginning.

If I'm right the uploader is a member here so [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] did you enhance the audio or how did you obtain this?

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 1:03 am

munchkinphone wrote:

Yeah, I've listenend to this one earlier. Do you agree with the transcript in this one? I hear almost everything it says.

This is what I hear
"Yeah"
"anybody gets (inaudible) shot/ shut up." Could be one of them interrupting the other with shut up.
"Vodka, come here"
"Wooo"
"alright Dylan"
"Get up"
"Everybody who (inaudible) white (inaudible) up"  -sounds more like put your hands up/ get up to me(?)
"get ready to die"
"That bitch is not staying alive, go get her" Doesn't sound like Erics voice at the beginning.

If I'm right the uploader is a member here so [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] did you enhance the audio or how did you obtain this?

Odd question is the “die motherfuckers” in a growling voice. If so I can kind of make it out.

Dylan sounds different to me, terrifying . Eric sounds like he does in HFH

I’m alright may be after the nose break?
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 1:11 am

Yeah, but the "I'm alright Dylan" is so calm and it sounds much closer so I think it can be someone talking on the other end of the phone 'cause you can hear some sounds from nearby phoneoperators sometimes.

Dylans voice is growling and sometimes screeching. I don't understand how he could hide his rage so much if this was what he was actually feeling inside.

Eric sounds more calm, I can't hear any of the peekaboos. When he says that bitch is not staying alive his voice sounds kind of different, I'm thinking he's maybe out of breath? but the the go get her sounds just like him.
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 1:18 am

You can hear a hint of that horrible screeching voice in the car wax commercial when he says "what the hell are you doing to my bike?"
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 1:21 am

munchkinphone wrote:
You can hear a hint of that horrible screeching voice in the car wax commercial when he says "what the hell are you doing to my bike?"

Ok, then I can hear that part too
Back to top Go down
spidEr

spidEr

Contribution Points : 68826
Forum Reputation : 145

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 1:56 am

nobody else was killed after that though. In the CCTV cafeteria you see people run out of the side doors while Dylan casually walks by at the top of the screen, as if he didn't care. I am not entirely sure why they stopped killing. It was after Eric said something like he didn't get a kick out of killing and Dylan made the knife joke. Another theory is that it would be more of a punishment to survive that ordeal and be traumatized, then to be shot and die.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 2:29 am

munchkinphone wrote:
Yeah, but the "I'm alright Dylan" is so calm and it sounds much closer so I think it can be someone talking on the other end of the phone 'cause you can hear some sounds from nearby phoneoperators sometimes.

Dylans voice is growling and sometimes screeching. I don't understand how he could hide his rage so much if this was what he was actually feeling inside.

Eric sounds more calm, I can't hear any of the peekaboos. When he says that bitch is not staying alive his voice sounds kind of different, I'm thinking he's maybe out of breath? but the the go get her sounds just like him.

Which makes Dylan scarier. Or he was trying to put on a show.

He did write me the lonely man strikes out with absolute rage.

spidEr

Contribution Points : 68826
Forum Reputation : 145

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 2:15 pm

munchkinphone wrote:

what about these?
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 3:10 pm

spidEr wrote:

what about these?

HAHA oh my god, the sound is so distorted it's impossible to tell if it's even taken from the 911 call.
But yeah I hear almost everything there, not really the "beg him" or "we're going to kill you" so clearly which shows Eric wasn't very loud.

I surely can't hear Eric say "we are going down to hell real soon". That seems like a bit of a stretch.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Daniel768

Daniel768

Contribution Points : 64892
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 3:21 pm

munchkinphone wrote:

This is what I hear
"Yeah"
"Vodka, come here"
"Wooo"
"alright Dylan"
"Get up"
"get ready to die"

I re-uploaded it when CVA's channel was hacked. But i only added in the parts where you can hear Eric and Dylan instead of the whole 911 call. Back when CVA had it on his "Columbine Video Archives" channel, i looked trough the comments quite often and some people pointed out things that can be heard that CVA didn't add. Some of those things are "die mother fuckers!", "you guys are going to pay now", "i'm allright, Dylan" and "that bitch is not staying alive, go get her!". I am sceptical about some of these new texts. For an example, the voice at "that bitch is not staying alive, go get her!" can be heard earlier in the call but not right before that quote. But then you can hear the same voice saying "can i help you" short after "that bitch is not staying alive, go get her!" so it might be a dispatcher. I used the enchant feature in Sony Vegas but made almost no difference.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 3:33 pm

I have probably damaged my hearing a bit while trying to listen to the 911 call loud enough to try to pick out what E&D are saying.

I will also add that I think reading a transcript of what was supposedly said while trying to hear it, will sometimes trick you into hearing it too.

I have cranked up the volume, closed my eyes and tried to just listen to certain parts over and over trying to pick up voices over the background noise. I have been able to pick out a few things, but some things I just can't make out.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95424
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 3:39 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
I have probably damaged my hearing a bit while trying to listen to the 911 call loud enough to try to pick out what E&D are saying.

I will also add that I think reading a transcript of what was supposedly said while trying to hear it, will sometimes trick you into hearing it too.

I have cranked up the volume, closed my eyes and tried to just listen to certain parts over and over trying to pick up voices over the background noise. I have been able to pick out a few things, but some things I just can't make out.

I agree. I always think of these like those songs you can hear backwards saying things. If you listen with subtitles you can hear it. If you have no subtitles you can't. I can hear some of the yelling but I do think that a lot of it is stuff that may be background dispatchers. Esp because some of that transcript seems to occur before Eric and Dylan were even in the library

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 3:48 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

I agree.  I always think of these like those songs you can hear backwards saying things.  If you listen with subtitles you can hear it.  If you have no subtitles you can't.  I can hear some of the yelling but I do think that a lot of it is stuff that may be background dispatchers.  Esp because some of that transcript seems to occur before Eric and Dylan were even in the library

I agree as well.

There’s one part of quite a few videos that say Eric says”yeah” but it’s clearly the dispatcher for example.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 12:04 am

They spared him so he would remember the "only" reason he's still alive is because they decided not to kill him.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 12:08 am

Here’s another enhanced call I found.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 12:22 am

Ivan wrote:
They spared him so he would remember the "only" reason he's still alive is because they decided not to kill him.

they likedplaying god like that.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2018 7:18 am

Here’s a different exchange

When Klebold asked Todd to give him one reason why he should not kill him, Todd said: "I don't want trouble." Klebold said, "You [Todd] used to call me a fag. Who's a fag now?!" The shooters continued to taunt Todd and debated killing him, but they eventually walked away.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Smiggles94

Smiggles94

Contribution Points : 69924
Forum Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2018 3:16 pm

1. I think he liked him

2. I think dylan had enough and was exhausted and just wanted too get too the suicide.

anna444 dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2018 3:15 am

I don't really think Eric's nose had much to do with it. He continued to taunt and kill people afterwards and doesn't look that bothered by it in cafeteria footage. For whatever specific reason they spared Evan, I don't know, but they were "over it" at that stage and had other things on their minds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 10:41 pm

Maybe they just didn’t want Evan Todd to become a martyr. If Evan Todd had been killed, everyone would’ve been saying he was innocent, such a nice guy etc, as people do after death. Maybe Dylan thought it would be better to leave him terrified & begging.
Back to top Go down
VoDKaComeHere

Contribution Points : 59390
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2018 10:53 pm

Evan Todd - a jock who walked around thinking he can treat everyone the way he can just because of his social status and openly bullied Eric and Dylan...spared by both of them.
Meanwhile Kyle Velasquez a kid who was mentally retarded and just minding his own business..never bothered anyone or went out of his way to degrade or harass people...shot dead in the head by Klebold without hesitation.

For those wondering, this is why the whole they did it because they were bullied vs its because of other reasons gets fuzzy...some of it makes no sense.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2018 10:58 pm

VoDKaComeHere wrote:
Evan Todd - a jock who walked around thinking he can treat everyone the way he can just because of his social status and openly bullied Eric and Dylan...spared by both of them.
Meanwhile Kyle Velasquez a kid who was mentally retarded and just minding his own business..never bothered anyone or went out of his way to degrade or harass people...shot dead in the head by Klebold without hesitation.

For those wondering, this is why the whole they did it because they were bullied vs its because of other reasons gets fuzzy...some of it makes no sense.

I agree with you on that. Columbine has never made much sense, nor will it ever. Sad
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119628
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2018 11:36 pm

Eric and Dylan were big fans of the film Natural Born Killers; this is widely known. Something I'm not sure a lot of people picked up on is the fact that in the movie, the protagonists, Mickey and Mallory Knox, always make sure to leave a person left alive at the site of their killing sprees, in order to spread the word of their crimes. I think in sparing Evan Todd, Eric and Dylan may have been re-enacting that part of the movie. Just a thought.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2018 12:34 am

QuestionMark wrote:
Eric and Dylan were big fans of the film Natural Born Killers; this is widely known. Something I'm not sure a lot of people picked up on is the fact that in the movie, the protagonists, Mickey and Mallory Knox, always make sure to leave a person left alive at the site of their killing sprees, in order to spread the word of their crimes. I think in sparing Evan Todd, Eric and Dylan may have been re-enacting that part of the movie. Just a thought.

or they wanted him to be a main character in the movie they thought tarantino was gonna make on them
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2018 7:09 am

My personal theory is that this was the point of the shooting they started to realize this wasn't at all like Doom. I think at that point when they just walked through the school shooting aimlessly, they had sort of come down from their "high" of killing. They started to process more and more what happened. It hit them in the library when they were leaving and then continued into the halls. That's why they didn't kill more people. It wasn't fun or exciting anymore. That's why they spared Evan Todd.
Back to top Go down
23september

Contribution Points : 65540
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2018 6:54 pm

hvernon wrote:
My personal theory is that this was the point of the shooting they started to realize this wasn't at all like Doom. I think at that point when they just walked through the school shooting aimlessly, they had sort of come down from their "high" of killing. They started to process more and more what happened. It hit them in the library when they were leaving and then continued into the halls. That's why they didn't kill more people. It wasn't fun or exciting anymore. That's why they spared Evan Todd.

I think that, too. No sound effects, you can't re-lode an infinite amount of times without getting tired, the monsters don't just disappear or stop making sounds, they're living people, neighbors and peers, who cry and beg for mercy. I think Eric was disappointed, and got bored of doing it. Dylan probably had no reason to not kill him, and for killing him, and went with what took the least bit of energi and time so they could get to the suicide part.

I think thats also why they planed to shoot at them from a distance, more doom like and its all about accuracy, not having the stomach to kill someone at close range.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2018 7:45 pm

23september wrote:
hvernon wrote:

I think that, too. No sound effects, you can't re-lode an infinite amount of times without getting tired, the monsters don't just disappear or stop making sounds, they're living people, neighbors and peers, who cry and beg for mercy. I think Eric was disappointed, and got bored of doing it. Dylan probably had no reason to not kill him, and for killing him, and went with what took the least bit of energi and time so they could get to the suicide part.

I think thats also why they planed to shoot at them from a distance, more doom like and its all about accuracy, not having the stomach to kill someone at close range.

My hearing isn’t the best, So I don’t hear it on the tape .but I remember in a transcript when Val was yelling they had written that Dylan was yelling shut up , shut the fuck up. I was wondering if that was because it was getting to him that he was hurting real people and he couldn’t stand to listen to it anymore?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2018 7:50 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
My hearing isn’t the best, So I don’t hear it on the tape .but I remember in a transcript when Val was yelling they had written  that Dylan was yelling shut up , shut the fuck up. I was wondering if that was because it was getting to him that he was hurting real people and he couldn’t stand to listen to it anymore?

I think it was likely a mix of annoyance that she was screaming, and reality creeping back in at what he was doing.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2018 8:03 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
My hearing isn’t the best, So I don’t hear it on the tape .but I remember in a transcript when Val was yelling they had written  that Dylan was yelling shut up , shut the fuck up. I was wondering if that was because it was getting to him that he was hurting real people and he couldn’t stand to listen to it anymore?

I think it was likely a mix of annoyance that she was screaming, and reality creeping back in at what he was doing.

Probably. Does he yell that though? I might not be hearing it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2018 8:10 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I definitely hear him saying "SHUT THE FUCK UP!" but what is said after that isn't as clear.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2018 8:18 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I definitely hear him saying "SHUT THE FUCK UP!" but what is said after that isn't as clear.

Thanks. So I’m not going insane
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sparing Evan Todd - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sparing Evan Todd
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next