Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 
 

 Sparing Evan Todd

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2433
Contribution Points : 28987
Join date : 2017-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
What are you basing that on?

Isn't that an established fact? At the very least it was Dylan who suggested that they start stabbing people, so I assumed it was Eric who talked about the killings not being fun anymore.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 3883
Contribution Points : 57541
Join date : 2017-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Where can I find the transcript? I don't think I have read it. I can barely hear anything on the 911 call and I find it quite horrible to listen to it on high volume. The suicidephotos are nothing compared to that.

This page has some comprehensive transcripts

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
munchkinphone
Top Contributor


Posts : 527
Contribution Points : 12092
Join date : 2017-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:19 pm

Ok, thanks. I don't hear much. I hear one of the shooters yell yeah when they enter the library and then I feel like I hear everybody get up in a deep voice.. that's about it which is weird. I remember earlier I could hear more.. Is there really only the 4 minute call and the 20 second leak? I could swear I have heard more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
munchkinphone
Top Contributor


Posts : 527
Contribution Points : 12092
Join date : 2017-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:51 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yeah, I've listenend to this one earlier. Do you agree with the transcript in this one? I hear almost everything it says.

This is what I hear
"Yeah"
"anybody gets (inaudible) shot/ shut up." Could be one of them interrupting the other with shut up.
"Vodka, come here"
"That bitch is so annoying"
"You guys (inaduble) now"
"Wooo"
"alright Dylan"
"Get up"
"Everybody who (inaudible) white (inaudible) up"  -sounds more like put your hands up/ get up to me(?)
"Everybody get up!" clearly Dylans voice.
"get ready to die"
"Die motherfuckers" Geez.
I hear some screaming here but no words
"Heeey" clearly Erics voice.
"I'm alright Dylan" very calm voice.. sure this is legit?
"That bitch is not staying alive, go get her" Doesn't sound like Erics voice at the beginning.

If I'm right the uploader is a member here so [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] did you enhance the audio or how did you obtain this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 3883
Contribution Points : 57541
Join date : 2017-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yeah, I've listenend to this one earlier. Do you agree with the transcript in this one? I hear almost everything it says.

This is what I hear
"Yeah"
"anybody gets (inaudible) shot/ shut up." Could be one of them interrupting the other with shut up.
"Vodka, come here"
"That bitch is so annoying"
"You guys (inaduble) now"
"Wooo"
"alright Dylan"
"Get up"
"Everybody who (inaudible) white (inaudible) up"  -sounds more like put your hands up/ get up to me(?)
"Everybody get up!" clearly Dylans voice.
"get ready to die"
"Die motherfuckers" Geez.
I hear some screaming here but no words
"Heeey" clearly Erics voice.
"I'm alright Dylan" very calm voice.. sure this is legit?
"That bitch is not staying alive, go get her" Doesn't sound like Erics voice at the beginning.

If I'm right the uploader is a member here so [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] did you enhance the audio or how did you obtain this?

Odd question is the “die motherfuckers” in a growling voice. If so I can kind of make it out.

Dylan sounds different to me, terrifying . Eric sounds like he does in HFH

I’m alright may be after the nose break?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
munchkinphone
Top Contributor


Posts : 527
Contribution Points : 12092
Join date : 2017-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:11 pm

Yeah, but the "I'm alright Dylan" is so calm and it sounds much closer so I think it can be someone talking on the other end of the phone 'cause you can hear some sounds from nearby phoneoperators sometimes.

Dylans voice is growling and sometimes screeching. I don't understand how he could hide his rage so much if this was what he was actually feeling inside.

Eric sounds more calm, I can't hear any of the peekaboos. When he says that bitch is not staying alive his voice sounds kind of different, I'm thinking he's maybe out of breath? but the the go get her sounds just like him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
munchkinphone
Top Contributor


Posts : 527
Contribution Points : 12092
Join date : 2017-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:18 pm

You can hear a hint of that horrible screeching voice in the car wax commercial when he says "what the hell are you doing to my bike?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 3883
Contribution Points : 57541
Join date : 2017-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
You can hear a hint of that horrible screeching voice in the car wax commercial when he says "what the hell are you doing to my bike?"

Ok, then I can hear that part too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidEr

avatar

Posts : 388
Contribution Points : 17428
Join date : 2016-12-03
Age : 96
Location : germany

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:56 pm

nobody else was killed after that though. In the CCTV cafeteria you see people run out of the side doors while Dylan casually walks by at the top of the screen, as if he didn't care. I am not entirely sure why they stopped killing. It was after Eric said something like he didn't get a kick out of killing and Dylan made the knife joke. Another theory is that it would be more of a punishment to survive that ordeal and be traumatized, then to be shot and die.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 3883
Contribution Points : 57541
Join date : 2017-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Yeah, but the "I'm alright Dylan" is so calm and it sounds much closer so I think it can be someone talking on the other end of the phone 'cause you can hear some sounds from nearby phoneoperators sometimes.

Dylans voice is growling and sometimes screeching. I don't understand how he could hide his rage so much if this was what he was actually feeling inside.

Eric sounds more calm, I can't hear any of the peekaboos. When he says that bitch is not staying alive his voice sounds kind of different, I'm thinking he's maybe out of breath? but the the go get her sounds just like him.

Which makes Dylan scarier. Or he was trying to put on a show.

He did write me the lonely man strikes out with absolute rage.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidEr

avatar

Posts : 388
Contribution Points : 17428
Join date : 2016-12-03
Age : 96
Location : germany

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:15 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
what about these?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
munchkinphone
Top Contributor


Posts : 527
Contribution Points : 12092
Join date : 2017-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:10 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
what about these?

HAHA oh my god, the sound is so distorted it's impossible to tell if it's even taken from the 911 call.
But yeah I hear almost everything there, not really the "beg him" or "we're going to kill you" so clearly which shows Eric wasn't very loud.

I surely can't hear Eric say "we are going down to hell real soon". That seems like a bit of a stretch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daniel768

avatar

Posts : 91
Contribution Points : 14269
Join date : 2017-04-15
Location : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:21 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yeah, I've listenend to this one earlier. Do you agree with the transcript in this one? I hear almost everything it says.

This is what I hear
"Yeah"
"anybody gets (inaudible) shot/ shut up." Could be one of them interrupting the other with shut up.
"Vodka, come here"
"That bitch is so annoying"
"You guys (inaduble) now"
"Wooo"
"alright Dylan"
"Get up"
"Everybody who (inaudible) white (inaudible) up"  -sounds more like put your hands up/ get up to me(?)
"Everybody get up!" clearly Dylans voice.
"get ready to die"
"Die motherfuckers" Geez.
I hear some screaming here but no words
"Heeey" clearly Erics voice.
"I'm alright Dylan" very calm voice.. sure this is legit?
"That bitch is not staying alive, go get her" Doesn't sound like Erics voice at the beginning.

If I'm right the uploader is a member here so [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] did you enhance the audio or how did you obtain this?

I re-uploaded it when CVA's channel was hacked. But i only added in the parts where you can hear Eric and Dylan instead of the whole 911 call. Back when CVA had it on his "Columbine Video Archives" channel, i looked trough the comments quite often and some people pointed out things that can be heard that CVA didn't add. Some of those things are "die mother fuckers!", "you guys are going to pay now", "i'm allright, Dylan" and "that bitch is not staying alive, go get her!". I am sceptical about some of these new texts. For an example, the voice at "that bitch is not staying alive, go get her!" can be heard earlier in the call but not right before that quote. But then you can hear the same voice saying "can i help you" short after "that bitch is not staying alive, go get her!" so it might be a dispatcher. I used the enchant feature in Sony Vegas but made almost no difference.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5500
Contribution Points : 58424
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:33 am

I have probably damaged my hearing a bit while trying to listen to the 911 call loud enough to try to pick out what E&D are saying.

I will also add that I think reading a transcript of what was supposedly said while trying to hear it, will sometimes trick you into hearing it too.

I have cranked up the volume, closed my eyes and tried to just listen to certain parts over and over trying to pick up voices over the background noise. I have been able to pick out a few things, but some things I just can't make out.

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2033
Contribution Points : 29737
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:39 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I have probably damaged my hearing a bit while trying to listen to the 911 call loud enough to try to pick out what E&D are saying.

I will also add that I think reading a transcript of what was supposedly said while trying to hear it, will sometimes trick you into hearing it too.

I have cranked up the volume, closed my eyes and tried to just listen to certain parts over and over trying to pick up voices over the background noise. I have been able to pick out a few things, but some things I just can't make out.

I agree. I always think of these like those songs you can hear backwards saying things. If you listen with subtitles you can hear it. If you have no subtitles you can't. I can hear some of the yelling but I do think that a lot of it is stuff that may be background dispatchers. Esp because some of that transcript seems to occur before Eric and Dylan were even in the library

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 3883
Contribution Points : 57541
Join date : 2017-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:48 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I have probably damaged my hearing a bit while trying to listen to the 911 call loud enough to try to pick out what E&D are saying.

I will also add that I think reading a transcript of what was supposedly said while trying to hear it, will sometimes trick you into hearing it too.

I have cranked up the volume, closed my eyes and tried to just listen to certain parts over and over trying to pick up voices over the background noise. I have been able to pick out a few things, but some things I just can't make out.

I agree.  I always think of these like those songs you can hear backwards saying things.  If you listen with subtitles you can hear it.  If you have no subtitles you can't.  I can hear some of the yelling but I do think that a lot of it is stuff that may be background dispatchers.  Esp because some of that transcript seems to occur before Eric and Dylan were even in the library

I agree as well.

There’s one part of quite a few videos that say Eric says”yeah” but it’s clearly the dispatcher for example.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan
Miscellaneous Moderator


Posts : 3599
Contribution Points : 57158
Join date : 2013-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:04 pm

They spared him so he would remember the "only" reason he's still alive is because they decided not to kill him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 3883
Contribution Points : 57541
Join date : 2017-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:08 pm

Here’s another enhanced call I found.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:22 pm

@Ivan wrote:
They spared him so he would remember the "only" reason he's still alive is because they decided not to kill him.

they likedplaying god like that.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 3883
Contribution Points : 57541
Join date : 2017-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:18 am

Here’s a different exchange


When Klebold asked Todd to give him one reason why he should not kill him, Todd said: "I don't want trouble." Klebold said, "You [Todd] used to call me a fag. Who's a fag now?!" The shooters continued to taunt Todd and debated killing him, but they eventually walked away.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smiggles94
Top Contributor
avatar

Posts : 394
Contribution Points : 16645
Join date : 2017-04-12
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:16 am

1. I think he liked him

2. I think dylan had enough and was exhausted and just wanted too get too the suicide.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
InsomniaticDreams



Posts : 15
Contribution Points : 5254
Join date : 2018-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:15 pm

I don't really think Eric's nose had much to do with it. He continued to taunt and kill people afterwards and doesn't look that bothered by it in cafeteria footage. For whatever specific reason they spared Evan, I don't know, but they were "over it" at that stage and had other things on their minds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jcab16



Posts : 3
Contribution Points : 4455
Join date : 2018-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:41 pm

Maybe they just didn’t want Evan Todd to become a martyr. If Evan Todd had been killed, everyone would’ve been saying he was innocent, such a nice guy etc, as people do after death. Maybe Dylan thought it would be better to leave him terrified & begging.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VoDKaComeHere



Posts : 106
Contribution Points : 8505
Join date : 2017-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:53 pm

Evan Todd - a jock who walked around thinking he can treat everyone the way he can just because of his social status and openly bullied Eric and Dylan...spared by both of them.
Meanwhile Kyle Velasquez a kid who was mentally retarded and just minding his own business..never bothered anyone or went out of his way to degrade or harass people...shot dead in the head by Klebold without hesitation.

For those wondering, this is why the whole they did it because they were bullied vs its because of other reasons gets fuzzy...some of it makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5500
Contribution Points : 58424
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:58 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Evan Todd - a jock who walked around thinking he can treat everyone the way he can just because of his social status and openly bullied Eric and Dylan...spared by both of them.
Meanwhile Kyle Velasquez a kid who was mentally retarded and just minding his own business..never bothered anyone or went out of his way to degrade or harass people...shot dead in the head by Klebold without hesitation.

For those wondering, this is why the whole they did it because they were bullied vs its because of other reasons gets fuzzy...some of it makes no sense.


I agree with you on that. Columbine has never made much sense, nor will it ever. Sad

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2433
Contribution Points : 28987
Join date : 2017-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:36 pm

Eric and Dylan were big fans of the film Natural Born Killers; this is widely known. Something I'm not sure a lot of people picked up on is the fact that in the movie, the protagonists, Mickey and Mallory Knox, always make sure to leave a person left alive at the site of their killing sprees, in order to spread the word of their crimes. I think in sparing Evan Todd, Eric and Dylan may have been re-enacting that part of the movie. Just a thought.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:34 pm

@QuestionMark wrote:
Eric and Dylan were big fans of the film Natural Born Killers; this is widely known. Something I'm not sure a lot of people picked up on is the fact that in the movie, the protagonists, Mickey and Mallory Knox, always make sure to leave a person left alive at the site of their killing sprees, in order to spread the word of their crimes. I think in sparing Evan Todd, Eric and Dylan may have been re-enacting that part of the movie. Just a thought.


or they wanted him to be a main character in the movie they thought tarantino was gonna make on them
Back to top Go down
hvernon

avatar

Posts : 83
Contribution Points : 18497
Join date : 2016-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:09 am

My personal theory is that this was the point of the shooting they started to realize this wasn't at all like Doom. I think at that point when they just walked through the school shooting aimlessly, they had sort of come down from their "high" of killing. They started to process more and more what happened. It hit them in the library when they were leaving and then continued into the halls. That's why they didn't kill more people. It wasn't fun or exciting anymore. That's why they spared Evan Todd.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
23september



Posts : 209
Contribution Points : 13620
Join date : 2017-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
My personal theory is that this was the point of the shooting they started to realize this wasn't at all like Doom. I think at that point when they just walked through the school shooting aimlessly, they had sort of come down from their "high" of killing. They started to process more and more what happened. It hit them in the library when they were leaving and then continued into the halls. That's why they didn't kill more people. It wasn't fun or exciting anymore. That's why they spared Evan Todd.

I think that, too. No sound effects, you can't re-lode an infinite amount of times without getting tired, the monsters don't just disappear or stop making sounds, they're living people, neighbors and peers, who cry and beg for mercy. I think Eric was disappointed, and got bored of doing it. Dylan probably had no reason to not kill him, and for killing him, and went with what took the least bit of energi and time so they could get to the suicide part.

I think thats also why they planed to shoot at them from a distance, more doom like and its all about accuracy, not having the stomach to kill someone at close range.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 3883
Contribution Points : 57541
Join date : 2017-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Sparing Evan Todd   Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:45 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
My personal theory is that this was the point of the shooting they started to realize this wasn't at all like Doom. I think at that point when they just walked through the school shooting aimlessly, they had sort of come down from their "high" of killing. They started to process more and more what happened. It hit them in the library when they were leaving and then continued into the halls. That's why they didn't kill more people. It wasn't fun or exciting anymore. That's why they spared Evan Todd.

I think that, too. No sound effects, you can't re-lode an infinite amount of times without getting tired, the monsters don't just disappear or stop making sounds, they're living people, neighbors and peers, who cry and beg for mercy. I think Eric was disappointed, and got bored of doing it. Dylan probably had no reason to not kill him, and for killing him, and went with what took the least bit of energi and time so they could get to the suicide part.

I think thats also why they planed to shoot at them from a distance, more doom like and its all about accuracy, not having the stomach to kill someone at close range.


My hearing isn’t the best, So I don’t hear it on the tape .but I remember in a transcript when Val was yelling they had written that Dylan was yelling shut up , shut the fuck up. I was wondering if that was because it was getting to him that he was hurting real people and he couldn’t stand to listen to it anymore?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Sparing Evan Todd
Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Evan J Walker
» MULLIGAN, Alec Evan
» Elliot Todd Cartwright
» Quill Work (Evan and Aoife)
» Cast in Other Movies/TV Shows

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: