Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Most popular film types?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
eli27

PostSubject: Most popular film types?   Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:07 pm

I have to do an assignment ready for when I start college on what types of films are most popular with British and American audiences.

I was thinking action films. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks. Smile

Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: Most popular film types?   Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:33 pm

Personally, I like Horror movies. I don't think they are the most popular in the United States though. I think that would probably be Comedy and/or Drama. Not sure about Action films though. A good majority of movie theater audiences would be children/teenagers. I'm sure some children like Action films but for the most part, they stick with Comedies or Children's films.

Although, the movie to gross the most money in America was 'Avatar'. I've never seen that but I'm pretty sure it's an Action film?

However, take a look at the list of films that have made the most money and aside from Avatar, Titanic and Jurassic World, most of them are Children's films.

Here is a list of the Top 50 movies that have made the most money.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think it would be a safe bet to go with 'Children's' films as being the most popular. At least with American audiences anyway. I'm not really sure about British movies and/or audiences. Maybe someone who from Britain can post what they think about British films.

eli27

PostSubject: Re: Most popular film types?   Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:41 pm

Thanks Jenn! Hadn't even thought about childrens films, will definately be putting that in my essay. Smile

Most popular film types?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1