Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mark Manes and Phil Duran

Go down 
+8
W.A.R.
Screamingophelia
Gonz
Draw_It_White
lol
Archvile
eli27
slippy123
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193506
Forum Reputation : 1317

Mark Manes and Phil Duran  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mark Manes and Phil Duran    Mark Manes and Phil Duran  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2018 8:42 pm

Ainjel wrote:
So I get the whole selling the gun to Dylan thing but illegal possession of a sawed off shot gun...  I mean come on.  That’s a bit of a stretch don’t you think?  I mean if they were going to go that route why didn’t they prosecute Wayne Harris for possession of a pipe bomb?  No he didn’t have it at the time of the massacre but neither did Mark Manes have the shotgun.  There is so much hypocrisy in this case.  

And I’m sorry if they are going to charge Mark Manes, Robyn should have some type of punishment as well.

Completely. I read Robyn settled for like $250,000 and the settlement is sealed. Phil only introduced them and they both were sent to prison.

They were used as a scapegoat plain and simple.

I know I am going OT but wheat exactly where the Klebolds and Harris's sued for? I understand in theory but what were the actual charges?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mark Manes and Phil Duran    Mark Manes and Phil Duran  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2018 8:50 pm

lmao Robyn legally bought 2 shotguns and an assault rifle for the boys and nothign happened. if that is legal then why isnt mark sellin em the tec 9 legal? mark seems real screwed up by the situation, poor guy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mark Manes and Phil Duran    Mark Manes and Phil Duran  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 6:44 am

Ainjel wrote:
So I get the whole selling the gun to Dylan thing but illegal possession of a sawed off shot gun...  I mean come on.  That’s a bit of a stretch don’t you think?  I mean if they were going to go that route why didn’t they prosecute Wayne Harris for possession of a pipe bomb?  No he didn’t have it at the time of the massacre but neither did Mark Manes have the shotgun.  There is so much hypocrisy in this case.  

And I’m sorry if they are going to charge Mark Manes, Robyn should have some type of punishment as well.

Agreed. I truly think what sealed Mark and Phil's fate was the fact they had went to the range and was video taped shooting with Eric & Dylan.

If Robyn had appeared in the Ranport Range footage I think she would have been looked at differently and likely treated harsher.
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 70123
Forum Reputation : 345

PostSubject: Re: Mark Manes and Phil Duran    Mark Manes and Phil Duran  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 4:46 pm

eldigato wrote:
lmao Robyn legally bought 2 shotguns and an assault rifle for the boys and nothign happened. if that is legal then why isnt mark sellin em the tec 9 legal? mark seems real screwed up by the situation, poor guy.

Colorado had a law that allowed you to furnish minors with rifles and shotguns.

Tec-9 is a handgun.
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 82861
Forum Reputation : 548

PostSubject: Re: Mark Manes and Phil Duran    Mark Manes and Phil Duran  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 4:53 pm

W.A.R. wrote:
eldigato wrote:

Tec-9 is a handgun.
I don't think this was actually the issue because Robyn didn't sell them the guns. This article explains why they weren't able to prosecute Robyn even though they wanted to.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
While it was a straw purchase, she didn't technically do anything illegal. Because she purchased the guns from a private seller at the gun show, she wasn't required to fill out a form for a background check. On the form, she would have been asked if she was the intended owner and if she had lied, it would have been a federal crime.

Phillip was apparently able to be prosecuted because he was the go-between on the last couple hundred dollars so he was considered a party to the transaction.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

PostSubject: Re: Mark Manes and Phil Duran    Mark Manes and Phil Duran  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 5:52 pm

Yeah Robyn didn't sell them the guns nor could they charge her for making a straw purchase as she didn't fill out any paperwork. Manes case on the other hand was more clear cut, he sold Dylan the gun straight up.

However the type of guns involved did make a big difference. Colorado allowed you to furnish rifles and shotguns to minors but not handguns. Manes could have gave Dylan the gun for free and he would have been in just as much trouble as he was for selling it to him. There was no room for him to wiggle out of it like Robyn. If Robyn bought a handgun at the gun show, she would have been charged.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120178
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Mark Manes and Phil Duran    Mark Manes and Phil Duran  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 9:10 pm

eldigato wrote:

I recalled reading in Cullenbine that Robyn told the police that she would admit to having bought the guns if they didn't charge her for it. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong but I could've sworn I read that.

PostSubject: Re: Mark Manes and Phil Duran    Mark Manes and Phil Duran  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 9:28 pm

W.A.R. wrote:
eldigato wrote:

Tec-9 is a handgun.

yeah but the tec 9 is real shit, all the guns were shit its not like he sold them a glock or something
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85628
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Mark Manes and Phil Duran    Mark Manes and Phil Duran  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 10:27 pm

eldigato wrote:
995s aren't assault rifles, they were made specifically for the assault weapons ban and they're not select fire or anything like real assault rifles.
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

PostSubject: Re: Mark Manes and Phil Duran    Mark Manes and Phil Duran  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 7:37 am

eldigato wrote:
yeah but the tec 9 is real shit, all the guns were shit its not like he sold them a glock or something

Yeah it was indeed a piece of shit but they don't discriminate  Haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mark Manes and Phil Duran    Mark Manes and Phil Duran  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mark Manes and Phil Duran
Page 1 of 1