Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Things Columbiners do

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
WendlaBergman

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:20 pm

Last edited by WendlaBergman on Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:49 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Various Columbiner tattoos.No certain order.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

All of these seem ridiculous to me.  Tattoos at such a young age are already a bad idea, but the icing on the cake is definitely the ones of killers that you idolized in your angsty teenage years.  Give it time, and the Columbiners' obsession will pass and they will spend thousands of dollars over the next 5 years, trying to get them off.

No offense but these are not ridiculous to them.Something usually has great meaning to someone to want to ink it on their body.
I wouldn't be so quick to say they will all be trying to get rid of them either.Not all the people in the pictures are teens. Some may regret them eventually, that's true but I haven't been a teen now for over a decade and I can honestly say that I do not regret anything I've ever done to memorialize E &D.

Last edited by PaintItBlack on Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:53 pm

More handcrafted Dylan crosses.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:01 pm

Hopefully these kids end up with a really good job so they can afford to have these tattoos removed when they grow up and realize that Eric and Dylan were hardly Gods, that they were murderers and took the lives of innocent children.

It's funny how you can't drink until you're 21, can't rent a car until your 25 but you can make a permanent decision such as a tattoo at 18 and at 16 with a parent's consent. It's ridiculous.

Falcolus

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:11 am

Totally agree [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], some of the legal age limits for things are ridiculous.

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:47 pm

Another custom made Dylan shirt

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:36 pm

Columbiner made graphics

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski

Last edited by PaintItBlack on Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gasolinechild

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:01 pm

I heard of this one guy who had a waifu pillow of Dylan Klebold and he carried it around in university with a monochrome pillowcase over it for secrecy. He disappeared off the internet because his parents tried to stage an alcohol intervention, I think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
astrospace92

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:41 am

I've been a low key Columbiner for 12 years and had a morbid fasciation with it since I first saw it on the UK news in 1999 when I was 8, mainly because there's a 10 year age gap between my siblings and I so there was much discussion about it when it happened (my brother as sister were upper 6th form students - seniors - at the time too.)

Has anyone seen this?
The middle stanza when the talk about their inner teen fist bumping and relating to E&D really struck me, and I think it's exactly WHY so many people "relate" to E&D. It makes sense if you come at from the perspective shown here...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:28 pm

I've been a low key Columbiner for 12 years and had a morbid fasciation with it since I first saw it on the UK news in 1999 when I was 8, mainly because there's a 10 year age gap between my siblings and I so there was much discussion about it when it happened (my brother as sister were upper 6th form students - seniors - at the time too.)

Has anyone seen this?
The middle stanza when the talk about their inner teen fist bumping and relating to E&D really struck me, and I think it's exactly WHY so many people "relate" to E&D. It makes sense if you come at from the perspective shown here...

Welcome astrospace,
I'm the most active Columbiner here, but there are a couple more of us.I was young when Columbine happened but I've been a Columbiner since Day 1. Although, there wasn't an umbrella term for it then like it is now. I am glad to have another Columbiner of any kind here.I wish more would come and participate on the board.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:02 pm

A Columbiner used to sell these necklaces but I don't know if they still do

Back to top Go down
View user profile
astrospace92

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:39 pm

They were still selling them last year because I have one... Embarassed … I don't wear it, I don't even know why I go it...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:08 pm

They were still selling them last year because I have one... Embarassed … I don't wear it, I don't even know why I go it...

Which do you have
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:30 am

Soooo where are all the tatts and pendants of Cho?

After all, he was a tortured soul like E&D who apparently was bullied, too. Surely he deserves to be immortalized in an artistic~deep~edgy~tumblrific~tattoo as well?

...or is he not cute enough for the E&D fangirls/fanboys?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LostHighway
Permanently Banned

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:13 am

I think cho didn't have that extra flair. I think E&D is more special because they were friends and went down together. They had this suicide pact which takes lots of loyalty and trust.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:35 am

So do you really think that if Cho had perpetrated the Virginia Tech massacre with another guy who looked similar to him or worse than him that they would've received half the attention that E&D receive?

This is why I think so many people who admire E&D are full of shit. Like others on this forum have mentioned, if some ugly, fat, greasy neck beard teenagers had done it, I doubt they would've been glamorized anywhere near the extent that E&D are.

^Do you really think that this person would've got their silhouettes tattooed on his calves if E&D were obese?

I guess image is a lot more important than people may consciously think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LostHighway
Permanently Banned

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:52 am

Another reason why I think E&D are special is because they looked like normal teenagers from an affluent white dominant suburb and had lots of potential but they rejected it and went down a different path. That makes a lot more people wonder why???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:58 am

There's a difference between wondering why they did it/having interest in the case and making them out to be some kind of martyrs, worthy of tattoos, customized t-shirts, jewellery and all the other crap people make using their likeness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LostHighway
Permanently Banned

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:45 am

It's the reasoning between the why they did it that people connect with and want to make art with their likeness. I don't think it's just about looks, if it was then they prob would have gotten a tattoo of brad pitt or some shit. "Worthy of tattoos" don't think your the one to tell people what they should or shouldnt get tattoos of. Chill out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Freezingmoon

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:06 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I think you're right.... Image is more important than people are willing to admit. I'm not saying this is why everyone is intrigued by Columbine, but it does seem to be a reason for many. 

Isn't it ironic?  Eric and Dylan were so distraught over their failures with females and low social status, yet in death they are practically worshipped by so many cognitively dissonant fangirls and fanboys. 

Human nature is so strange. Instinct (physical attraction) speaks louder than the voice of reason.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:45 am

I must say yet again that while I feel a lot of sympathy for Cho I cannot relate to him because he seemed so mentally ill that I don't think I could carry on a conversation with him.I listened to his videos and I couldn't understand where he was coming from very much.
Cho wasn't a bad looking guy as far as that goes or at least I don't think so.
I think a lot of people couldn't relate to him.
People have got to relate to you on a deep emotional level to invest a lot of their time, effort and the most important of all, emotion, into you.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Freezingmoon

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:52 pm

I must say yet again that while I feel a lot of sympathy for Cho I cannot relate to him because he seemed so mentally ill that I don't think I could carry on a conversation with him.I listened to his videos and I couldn't understand where he was coming from very much.
People have got to relate to you on a deep emotional level to invest a lot of their time, effort and the most important of all, emotion, into you.

True.  I don't relate to Cho either.  He was delusional and completely out of touch with reality.  Of course I think that Eric and Dylan were both mentally ill as well and had extremely skewed perceptions, but they weren't completely out of touch with reality like Cho was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:27 am

Yes, but the people who justify their idolization (not specifically talking about you) of E&D love to state it's because they can relate to being the underdog or to being bullied like both E&D and Cho apparently were. All three felt like outsiders wronged by the world. All three exhibited strange behaviours based on eyewitness accounts. Yes, Cho probably more so, but there are several eyewitness statements re: E&D describing them as weird, withdrawn etc. All three were delusional/mentally ill.

What E&D and Cho did was similar and they both had the same motivations for what they did at the end of the day; revenge on society for apparently making them feel like outcasts. If anything, for those bleeding hearts who pour their sympathy out for E&D for the so-called "hell" they went through in high school, I would've thought they'd have even more compassion for someone like Cho who was even more of an underdog than what E&D ever were in high school.

And I still stick by my theory that if E&D weren't alright-looking guys from middle America, they definitely wouldn't have so many tumblr fangirls/fanboys willing to make tacky wallpapers or ~zomg~so~cute~ GIFs of them. There's no denying that.

I also always wonder how E&D would've treated these people who believe they relate to them on deep level. Going by the 11k, they weren't always the most friendly or approachable people, even to those who attempted conversation with them, and they were actually very critical of others themselves. Eric was also known to be pretty shallow when it came to girls and sometimes outright nasty. I have seen some overweight and less conventional-looking girls fawning over E&D on tumblr and Instagram, gushing over their appearance etc and I often wonder if Eric or even Dylan would've exhanged flattering remarks in return. I guess some people really do like to romanticize those they admire.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LostHighway
Permanently Banned

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:49 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I'm going to get a portrait of Dylan Klebold senior photo inside a big heart on my arm for my bday next Saturday can't wait!! It's going to say our initials and 4 ever! Not Cho because he's just a copy cat!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:22 am

The sad thing is that I really don't know if you're joking or you're actually serious..lol, but yep, your comment pretty much sums up the general mentality of E&D tumblr uber fans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Belladonna

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:15 am

What's the rule about posting tumblr links again? I found a girl on there who is supposedly channeling the ghost of Dylan and answering questions via him. I've spoken before about having 'friends' in the past who had contact with their ghosts but I had no idea it was still going on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draw_It_White
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:17 am

What's the rule about posting tumblr links again? I found a girl on there who is supposedly channeling the ghost of Dylan and answering questions via him. I've spoken before about having 'friends' in the past who had contact with their ghosts but I had no idea it was still going on.

Even if it is allowed, please don't post it.

I know this is a Columbiner thread but this site seems to be growing slowly more infected with this type of post. I fear that the tumour will become inoperable if this type of conversation continues.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tfsa47090
Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:03 am

The [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] about posting tumblr links is that they cannot be posted here on this forum, period.

They're to be exchanged via PMs, and that is it.

IF you find something there that you want to share here, like a photo/gif, video, or a scan of an article (or a text post), you are to find the image link or video link and post that directly, or copy/paste the text in question and post it here, sans username(s).

If someone wants to know where these things "originated" from, if you'd like to share that information, you do so through PMs.

Tumblr isn't the only social networking site that we won't allow here. Twitter accounts, facebook accounts----all of them are forbidden.

Even if the account(s) in question "don't mind" being public, there are followers and commenters who DO mind. And yes, perhaps everyone should take into account that once you put something on the internet, it's your own problem if it gets into the wrong hands...blah, blah, blah.

But we're still going to protect everyone's privacy on THIS forum. We don't care who does what wherever else. And that's why we have these rules in place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThoughtBox

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:14 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I'm going to get a portrait of Dylan Klebold senior photo inside a big heart on my arm for my bday next Saturday can't wait!! It's going to say our initials and 4 ever! Not Cho because he's just a copy cat!

Plus Cho's Asian and Lanza was just plain weird looking. Not hottt like E/D. Rolling Eyes

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sane One

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:08 am

They weren't the originators but Columbine kick started the school shooting trend in America so Eric and Dylan will always be talked about whenever a high school or even college shooting takes place in America.

That's what they wanted, that's what they got. In death, they're at the top of the food chain in that regards which is simply ironic since they were at the bottom of the food chain in school.

We have to search for answers on how to stop these things and violence but I feel there are none. The modern threat now is ISIS and their stampede.

I think everybody should just sit down, treat everybody with respect, drink/get high do whatever floats your boat and live life happy. Too much violence in the world today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Things Columbiners do
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next