Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Things Columbiners do

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
PaintItBlack
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:40 pm

I'm aware that [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] think that Columbiners are the scum of the earth so I always have to wonder what they would think of this guy I know of.This guy is not only a devout devil worshiper but is a proud Nazi too.He's deep into Nazism.He collects Satanic and Nazi items and is saving up to get an authentic reproduction of a Nazi officers uniform which is a lot more expensive than you'd think.I think it's around $2,000 US. He thinks everything they did was exactly right.Strange combination I know but he is both at once.
If you tried to tell him that he's scum or a bad person or whatever , he'd tell you to _____ off and that he's better and smarter than you anyway.
And that's not insecurity or overcompensation talking there.That's what he really believes.

Every time I always hear someone talking about what trash we are,I always think of this guy and what if people think that of us, what they think of him and his friends.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Salander1654

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:04 pm

I have a true crime blog on Tumblr, but I mostly post about Kinkel and Lanza.

The biggest issue I have (and it seems most of you have as well) is the fact that many true crime blogs on Tumblr are Columbiner blogs and say "yeah true crime yo" but then only blog about Eric and Dylan. Occasionally, there's some Richard Ramirez stuff, but he was also a good looking and funny guy so he's honestly to them the serial killer, more twisted version of E+D.

I don't know. For me, it's that I find other shooters more interesting. Honestly, if I had to tag a name to myself, I'd be a Kinkelphile (?) because Kip Kinkel is the most interesting shooter of all, yet nobody talks about him. Also, Kinkelphile is a bad word but there's currently no name for people interested in him so I had to make it up. I'm not blogging about him because I'd bang him.

I am also really bothered because Eric's bday was only a few days ago and I couldn't log on to Tumblr for most of that day because it was all about Eric in the TCC. Annoying as hell. But yesterday, the 9th anniversary of the VT Shooting, there was jack squat about Cho on there. People always say he wasn't as interesting, but it's not that - he's just not as relatable as E+D.

"I'll tell you 'bout the hopeless night/The meager food for souls forgot/I'll tell you 'bout the maiden with wrought iron soul."
-The WASP (Texas Radio and the Big Beat), The Doors
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draw_It_White
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:25 pm

PaintItBlack wrote:
I'm aware that [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] think that Columbiners are the scum of the earth so I always have to wonder what they would think of this guy I know of.This guy is not only a devout devil worshiper but is a proud Nazi too.He's deep into Nazism.He collects Satanic and Nazi items and is saving up to get an authentic reproduction of a Nazi officers uniform which is a lot more expensive than you'd think.I think it's around $2,000 US. He thinks everything they did was exactly right.Strange combination I know but he is both at once.
If you tried to tell him that he's scum or a bad person or whatever , he'd tell you to _____ off and that he's better and smarter than you anyway.
And that's not insecurity or overcompensation talking there.That's what he really believes.

Every time I always hear someone talking about what trash we are,I always think of this guy and what if people think that of us, what they think of him and his friends.

He sounds like the scum of the earth (I actually thought of Eric in the way you described him with the thinking he's smarter line).

I actually feel a bit sorry for Columbiners now & then. The scum ones are like that Lynn Ann I mentioned. I once saw her write "Daniel was an ugly rat faced bastard who deserved to be shot in the head". I'm sure you'll agree that this is scum behaviour.

I always wonder about people like Columbiners, Devil Worshippers (not tarring you with the same brush here) in the sense of do they outgrow these types of things.

You never really hear of 80 year old women still creaming themselves over Charles Whitman.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Freezingmoon

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:05 pm

Can't believe this... In the game Roblox, there's a game called "school of rage-NBK". You can make your characters look like Eric and Dylan and use the same weapons and everything. That's kind of crazy....[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:56 pm

Draw_It_White wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:

He sounds like the scum of the earth (I actually thought of Eric in the way you described him with the thinking he's smarter line).

I actually feel a bit sorry for Columbiners now & then. The scum ones are like that Lynn Ann I mentioned. I once saw her write "Daniel was an ugly rat faced bastard who deserved to be shot in the head". I'm sure you'll agree that this is scum behaviour.

I always wonder about people like Columbiners, Devil Worshippers (not tarring you with the same brush here) in the sense of do they outgrow these types of things.

You never really hear of 80 year old women still creaming themselves over Charles Whitman.

This guy I'm talking about is 36 years old.He has no intention of outgrowing anything.He is proud of being a devoted devil worshiper(yes, he really worships the devil and isn't shy about admitting it) and an ardent follower of Hitler, Goebbels,Himmler etc .
He has been a devil worshiper and Nazi for many years.I am lucky enough to not know him directly but one of my best friends is involved with him but she is trying to save money to leave him so I have to hear about him and his abusive bs all the time unfortunately.
He is a highly unlikable person but manages to have a few friends who are much like him.
I know Christ commands us to love everyone but so far all I've managed to do is feel some compassion for his soul.I do nor think Eric was much like this guy or acted like him on a daily basis.
If he did he would have had people hating him a lot more than they actually did.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:12 am

Jenn wrote:
bubbles wrote:
I've seen her revolting comments all over youtube...what a nut. Imagine what Eric would think about this crazy older woman who is partial to horrendous cosmetic surgery salivating over him? Never thought I'd say this, but I'm starting to think that E&D deserve their worshippers Laughing
She says she is only 30.

I'm really struggling to believe that.

Freezingmoon wrote:
bubbles wrote:
I've seen her revolting comments all over youtube...what a nut. Imagine what Eric would think about this crazy older woman who is partial to horrendous cosmetic surgery salivating over him? Never thought I'd say this, but I'm starting to think that E&D deserve their worshippers Laughing
Eric would actually be older than her.  However, she does look much older than her stated age.

Sorry, by that I was meaning Eric in his high school days (not that I think he would be flattered by many of his followers on a personal level had he known about them today..and that's putting it politely). I could actually imagine E&D making fun of them and looking down on many them, though.

PaintItBlack wrote:

"I'm aware that [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] think that Columbiners are the scum of the earth"

Well, that's a dramatic, sweeping statement.

Do I think their supporters who believe they were justified in killing and wounding innocent people are scummy? Yes. Do I think that people who get caught up in their sympathy for them but don't condone their actions are scum? No. I just don't agree with their point of view and as Draw_It_White said, I pity them sometimes as many of them susceptible to misguided thoughts, having had their own unpleasant experiences in school in the past. Many seem to delude themselves thinking that they somehow might've had a connection with E&D. I see overweight/unconventional-looking girls wearing custom-made "Wrath" and "Natural Selection" tshirts on Tumblr, and instantly I think back to Eric's "you know what I hate" page talking about how he thinks fat people don't deserve to live and the account that he made a girl in high school cry by calling her ugly.

I see Asian and Hispanic guys going on about how cool E&D were and how their victims got "rekt", never mind the fact that E&D were racist beasts who ensured that Isaiah Shoels would not be leaving the library alive based on the color of his skin (yes, I know they killed other people for other petty reasons which is just as disgusting, but it's an undeniable fact that they were hateful racists and singled Isaiah out because he was black). Perhaps there could have been a slight chance Isaiah would've joined the other survivors had the color of his skin not attracted the attention of E&D. Hell, even Tyler The Creator said that he thought E&D were "probably cool people". Why do I get the feeling he didn't know about E&D's racial intolerance when he said that?

I hate that they are praised as "heroes for the underdogs", when E&D went killed the underdogs (Kyle Velasquez, studious Daniel Mauser, quiet and shy Kelly Flemming etc). Even if they had gone after the "jocks" they were obsessive about hating, that wouldn't excuse their actions, and I'm tired of people thinking they are special snowflakes who E&D would've spared or related to. They didn't give a shit about their own families, what makes their followers think they're so special?

I see E&D for what they are: a couple of hypocritical, emotionally immature, mentally ill, selfish bastards who projected their insecurities and took their anger out on innocent people and their own parents who did so much for them over the years and are still going through hell all the years later, like the families of their victims. Like I've said, there are people who have gone through FAR worse than what they did and actually deserve praise for getting through life without going on a murderous spree. I'm sick of all the misplaced sympathy and idolisation for E&D.

P.S. Your neo Nazi friend sounds like a tool. Hope he's not a fan of Dylan. Dyl might've been too Jewish for him..oh wait, that's right, bigots will forget about their bigoted views if it's convenient for them (i.e. Eric hated Jews, was surprised to learn Dylan was Jewish but decided it was okay, because despite all his hardcore beliefs that he apparently held so dear to him, he could make exceptions when it suited him). Eric Harris, king of hypocrisy. Dylan was also an avid fan of Hitler and his boys. Funny that.

Draw_It_White wrote:

I agree. Lynn Ann is a demented creature. I've seen her caption the most ghastly things on pictures of E&D's victims in their caskets. As much as I think she is scum, I can't help but pity her as well. Definitely a lot of issues there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:27 am

bubbles wrote:
Jenn wrote:
bubbles wrote:
She says she is only 30.

I'm really struggling to believe that.

Freezingmoon wrote:
bubbles wrote:
Eric would actually be older than her.  However, she does look much older than her stated age.

Sorry, by that I was meaning Eric in his high school days (not that I think he would be flattered by many of his followers on a personal level had he known about them today..and that's putting it politely). I could actually imagine E&D making fun of them and looking down on many them, though.

PaintItBlack wrote:

"I'm aware that [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] think that Columbiners are the scum of the earth"

Well, that's a dramatic, sweeping statement.

Do I think their supporters who believe they were justified in killing and wounding innocent people are scummy? Yes. Do I think that people who get caught up in their sympathy for them but don't condone their actions are scum? No. I just don't agree with their point of view and as Draw_It_White said, I pity them sometimes as many of them susceptible to misguided thoughts, having had their own unpleasant experiences in school in the past. Many seem to delude themselves thinking that they somehow might've had a connection with E&D. I see overweight/unconventional-looking girls wearing custom-made "Wrath" and "Natural Selection" tshirts on Tumblr, and instantly I think back to Eric's "you know what I hate" page talking about how he thinks fat people don't deserve to live and the account that he made a girl in high school cry by calling her ugly.

I see Asian and Hispanic guys going on about how cool E&D were and how their victims got "rekt", never mind the fact that E&D were racist beasts who ensured that Isaiah Shoels would not be leaving the library alive based on the color of his skin (yes, I know they killed other people for other petty reasons which is just as disgusting, but it's an undeniable fact that they were hateful racists and singled Isaiah out because he was black). Perhaps there could have been a slight chance Isaiah would've joined the other survivors had the color of his skin not attracted the attention of E&D. Hell, even Tyler The Creator said that he thought E&D were "probably cool people". Why do I get the feeling he didn't know about E&D's racial intolerance when he said that?

I hate that they are praised as "heroes for the underdogs", when E&D went killed the underdogs (Kyle Velasquez, studious Daniel Mauser, quiet and shy Kelly Flemming etc). Even if they had gone after the "jocks" they were obsessive about hating, that wouldn't excuse their actions, and I'm tired of people thinking they are special snowflakes who E&D would've spared or related to. They didn't give a shit about their own families, what makes their followers think they're so special?

I see E&D for what they are: a couple of hypocritical, emotionally immature, mentally ill, selfish bastards who projected their insecurities and took their anger out on innocent people and their own parents who did so much for them over the years and are still going through hell all the years later, like the families of their victims. Like I've said, there are people who have gone through FAR worse than what they did and actually deserve praise for getting through life without going on a murderous spree. I'm sick of all the misplaced sympathy and idolisation for E&D.

P.S. Your neo Nazi friend sounds like a tool. Hope he's not a fan of Dylan. Dyl might've been too Jewish for him..oh wait, that's right, bigots will forget about their bigoted views if it's convenient for them (i.e. Eric hated Jews, was surprised to learn Dylan was Jewish but decided it was okay, because despite all his hardcore beliefs that he apparently held so dear to him, he could make exceptions when it suited him). Eric Harris, king of hypocrisy. Dylan was also an avid fan of Hitler and his boys. Funny that.

Draw_It_White wrote:

I agree. Lynn Ann is a demented creature. I've seen her caption the most ghastly things on pictures of E&D's victims in their caskets. As much as I think she is scum, I can't help but pity her as well. Definitely a lot of issues there.

It wasn't  meant to be sweeping or dramatic. You have been very critical of Columbiners overall so I thought you must  think most of us are bad people or however you'd put it.I'm not going to argue with you over the validity of someone being a Columbiner but I have to say that the Satanic Nazi I was talking about is NOT my friend.Not at all.
I don't like the guy. He is the abusive boyfriend that a friend of mine is trying to save up money to leave.That's how I know him.And no he is not an E &D fan.He has no interest in them or what happened.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draw_It_White
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:59 am

I do wonder how women fall for this type of jerk.

Did this fella just spring it on her one day "by the way, I'm a devil worshipper and a Nazi" after she'd already moved in with him?

I'm not saying she deserves this mistreatment, just that she must be a very poor judge of character to get involved with someone like this in the first place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:17 am

PaintItBlack wrote:
It wasn't  meant to be sweeping or dramatic. You have been very critical of Columbiners overall so I thought you must  think most of us are bad people or however you'd put it.I'm not going to argue with you over the validity of someone being a Columbiner but I have to say that the Satanic Nazi I was talking about is NOT my friend.Not at all.
I don't like the guy. He is the abusive boyfriend that a friend of mine is trying to save up money to leave.That's how I know him.And no he is not an E &D fan.He has no interest in them or what happened.

Ok, sorry for the misunderstanding. I'm glad you don't associate with this guy as he sounds like a loose cannon and an all-round shitty person.

I don't think that everyone who has sympathy for E&D are necessarily bad people (although I do have a problem with people who excuse their actions or support them), I just don't agree with those who put them on a pedestal and act like they were super insightful and intelligent beings to be marvelled at or worse yet, harbor the thought that E&D supposedly had valid reasons to gun down their victims.

I don't understand why people who consider themselves to be outsiders assume that E&D would care about them. They weren't exactly nice, tolerant individuals Actions on 4/20 aside, their journals contained racist, homophobic, sexist, illiterate, hypocritical, narcissistic, delusional garbage that I refuse to acknowledge as "wise" like so many people are quick to. While I acknowledge that they may have not have always had it easy in high school and don't agree with any bullying they may have been subjected to, accounts from people have revealed that they were in many cases the hostile, rude, aggressive bullies themselves, even to people who didn't really know them. It's not as one-sided as many like to believe and as I keep repeating, nothing can justify them taking the lives of 13 innocent people.

I just feel that so many people who are interested in Columbine seem to look at the boys through rose-tinted glasses. I know that everyone will have their own opinions but these are mine. I don't hold E&D or their confused, contradictory, hate-filled legacy in high regard. Am I interested in the case? Well, obviously or I wouldn't be here. There are so many different aspects to it, though, many of which that are even beyond E&D.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThoughtBox

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:42 am

As a bit of a detached observer, I have to admit I find this thread extremely interesting and disturbing at the same time.
I must be really naive to have believed that people like this Lynn Anne described above actually didn't actually exist in the world of Columbiners.

Sometimes when I read these things, I just start to despise E/D even more for what they did and inspired. Then my rational side takes over and I try to understand that they were both unstable, mentally ill youth who synergistically set each other off in a one-in-a-million conflagration.

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:55 am

ThoughtBox wrote:
As a bit of a detached observer, I have to admit I find this thread extremely interesting and disturbing at the same time.
I must be really naive to have believed that people like this Lynn Anne described above actually didn't actually exist in the world of Columbiners.

Sometimes when I read these things, I just start to despise E/D even more for what they did and inspired. Then my rational side takes over and I try to understand that they were both unstable, mentally ill youth who synergistically set each other off in a one-in-a-million conflagration.

I had no idea who that Lynn Anne was so I googled her and came across a video where she is just sitting there chanting Eric Harris rocks my world into the camera. So very very odd.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draw_It_White
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:10 am

Lizpuff wrote:
ThoughtBox wrote:

I had no idea who that Lynn Anne was so I googled her and came across a video where she is just sitting there chanting Eric Harris rocks my world into the camera.  So very very odd.

One of a number of vile creatures I'm afraid.

Atti Cana on YouTube is possibly more disturbed than she is. He even sounds fucked up. Especially when he (a 50 year old man) talks about bowing down before Eric allowing Eric to feel the more superior being made me feel angry and sad at the same time.

He's also made videos relating to Utoya claiming that the kids on that island deserved to die because of what they were going to become when they grew up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Freezingmoon

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:29 am

Draw_It_White wrote:

Did this fella just spring it on her one day "by the way, I'm a devil worshipper and a Nazi" after she'd already moved in with him?

I'm not saying she deserves this mistreatment, just that she must be a very poor judge of character to get involved with someone like this in the first place.

I don't know the exact reason PaintItBlack's friend is with the guy, but a lot of women who end up in abusive relationships tend to already have low self esteem and feel that they can't do better. Plus, they are usually  part of a "vulnerable population" ..... for example: the mentally ill, financial instability, or prior history of abuse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vulnerableeyes

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:46 am

I never paid too much attention to those youtube trolls. I saw their comments under every columbine video. But I think, attention is what they're looking for, so I don't give them any. Sometimes, when I look at all these weird comments I have to laugh. Especially that "Fat Eric Troll" Bowsen92. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:09 am

These extreme 'columbiners' make me feel embarrassed to be interested in the subject. I honestly had no idea it had this big of a following until recently. I'm more interested in the event itself and the psychology aspects of it, but these nutty fangirls/guys (like this lynn Ann person) kinda cheapen it for me. I get there are extreme fans like this for just about everything, but it ends up turning me off to the whole thing and lose interest in it. Not sure why, maybe it makes me feel like I'm going to be associated with obsessive people like that b/c we share a similar interest... Does anyone else feel this way?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:27 am

Kiwik wrote:
These extreme 'columbiners' make me feel embarrassed to be interested in the subject. I honestly had no idea it had this big of a following until recently. I'm more interested in the event itself and the psychology aspects of it, but these nutty fangirls/guys (like this lynn Ann person) kinda cheapen it for me. I get there are extreme fans like this for just about everything, but it ends up turning me off to the whole thing and lose interest in it. Not sure why, maybe it makes me feel like I'm going to be associated with obsessive people like that b/c we share a similar interest... Does anyone else feel this way?

The people in my real life that know I am interested just don't get it at all. My husband doesn't care about Columbine at all and I have a hard time explaining to him why I like learning about it. I got secondhand embarrassment for Lynn Anne when I was watching that video. Either she is bat ass crazy or likes to pretend to be bat ass crazy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:14 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I agree it's hard to tell if people like her are really that crazy obsessed or trying to get attention/ shock people. You never can tell. I haven't told anyone in my personal life about my interest in columbine. I'm big into criminology, crime scene investigation, psychology etc, and have been interested in other crimes as well. But a lot of people I know just aren't and think its morbid or boring. So it's an interest I keep to myself. Columbine hits a little close to home for me b/c I was 16 when it happened, and dealt with the repercussions that took place immediately after due to my choice of dress, music and the company I kept. My school made a pretty big deal about it and so it did Kinda directly affect me in some ways ways.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:26 am

Draw_It_White wrote:

It's a valid question as I never understood what she saw in him from the first and tried desperately to talk her out of getting involved with him and moving in with him which is one of the reasons he hates my guts.The only explanation I can give is that she has been abused a lot in her life and has been involved with a string of abusive guys and has repeated the same destructive behavior over and over again.The only good news is that she has seen the light and I believe will leave when she gets the financial resources together.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:46 am

I have to say that I think everyone is getting more upset over Lynn Ann than they should.
She is only one person and yes there are others like her and I've run across them before over the years but they are a very small minority of Columbiners.I don't know how many there are but its a small number.
What she says about the victims and leaving mean messages on their tributes is wrong and cruel to do but she is going to do whatever she wants to do and there is nothing that anyone can do to stop her.
From what I understand she does some of this on her own facebook and there really is nothing anybody can do about that.Lynn Ann has got to know that she and her actions are the subject of widespread criticism and that hasn't made her change her behavior.Whatever you think of Columbiners she is not a fair representation of us.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:48 am

Freezingmoon wrote:
Draw_It_White wrote:

I don't know the exact reason PaintItBlack's friend is with the guy, but a lot of women who end up in abusive relationships tend to already have low self esteem and feel that they can't do better. Plus, they are usually  part of a "vulnerable population" ..... for example: the mentally ill, financial instability, or prior history of abuse.

Exactly,FreezingMoon.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThoughtBox

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:46 pm

PaintItBlack wrote:
I have to say that I think everyone is getting more upset over Lynn Ann than they should.
She is only one person and yes there are others like her and I've run across them before over the years but they are a very small minority of Columbiners.I don't know how many there are but its a small number.
What she says about the victims and leaving mean messages on their tributes is wrong and cruel to do but she is going to do whatever she wants to do and there is nothing that anyone can do to stop her.
From what I understand she does some of this on her own facebook and there really is nothing anybody can do about that.Lynn Ann has got to know that she and her actions are the subject of widespread criticism and  that hasn't made her change her behavior.Whatever you think of Columbiners she is not a fair representation of us.

Oh, I didn't think she was representative; in fact, my post stated that I believe I was naive to believe that people like her didn't exist among Columbiners. Maybe I didn't word my post that well.

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draw_It_White
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:47 pm

Freezingmoon wrote:
Draw_It_White wrote:

Even if they felt like they couldn't do any better, surely it'd be better to be alone than with a maniac?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Freezingmoon

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:27 pm

Draw_It_White wrote:
Freezingmoon wrote:
Draw_It_White wrote:

Even if they felt like they couldn't do any better, surely it'd be better to be alone than with a maniac?

Many women find themselves in these situations because they were not raised in environments in which they were able to develop adequate critical thinking skills or provide themselves with the education and skills necessary to survive on their own.  They get involved with the guy who is a jerk and then either become financially dependant upon said jerk, or pregnant by said jerk, or a combo of both.  They keep believing that the guy will change, but he never does.  Things get out of hand and then one day the woman wakes up and realizes she absolutely has to get out of the situation.  Aside from the psychology of the situation, which is a huge cluster-fuck in itself, said woman has to safely find a way to leave and find a way to support herself (and possibly her child/ren) as well. It's easier said than done.....but ultimately it can be done.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I hope your friend is able to find a way to safely leave!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:35 pm

Draw_It_White wrote:
Freezingmoon wrote:
Draw_It_White wrote:

One would think so, but I think it boils down to one word.Co-dependency.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:37 pm

Freezingmoon wrote:
Draw_It_White wrote:
Freezingmoon wrote:
Draw_It_White wrote:

Many women find themselves in these situations because they were not raised in environments in which they were able to develop adequate critical thinking skills or provide themselves with the education and skills necessary to survive on their own.  They get involved with the guy who is a jerk and then either become financially dependant upon said jerk, or pregnant by said jerk, or a combo of both.  They keep believing that the guy will change, but he never does.  Things get out of hand and then one day the woman wakes up and realizes she absolutely has to get out of the situation.  Aside from the psychology of the situation, which is a huge cluster-fuck in itself, said woman has to safely find a way to leave and find a way to support herself (and possibly her child/ren) as well. It's easier said than done.....but ultimately it can be done.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I hope your friend is able to find a way to safely leave!!

Thank you, FreezingMoon.You sound as though youve seen these kind of situations before.You have a good understanding of them.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:40 pm

ThoughtBox wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
From what I understand she does some of this on her own facebook and there really is nothing anybody can do about that.Lynn Ann has got to know that she and her actions are the subject of widespread criticism and  that hasn't made her change her behavior.Whatever you think of Columbiners she is not a fair representation of us.

Oh, I didn't think she was representative; in fact, my post stated that I believe I was naive to believe that people like her didn't exist among Columbiners. Maybe I didn't word my post that well.

No worries.I understood what you meant.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nirvana92

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:55 am

I don't really like the term "Columbiner" because it makes me feel like some mass murder fanboy. I sympathize with Eric and Dylan in the sense that I was once in their position. I went to a very upscale and jock-centric public school just like Columbine. I also had my own issues with teenage depression and suicidal thoughts. I was the kid who joked about mowing the lunch line down with a machine gun or blowing up the gymnasium while the jocks practiced basketball. It terrifies me just how close I came to pulling an NBK myself. Reading about two kids who actually went through with it helped me. Eric and Dylan's actions woke me up to how much of waste that kind of senseless violence is. That's actually a sentiment I've seen repeated over and over again on this board. Columbine is known for the copycats its inspired, but I'd be willing to bet its also prevented an equal amount as well.

Do Dylan and Eric deserve to be praised as heroes? Fuck no they don't. Theres nothing noble or revolutionary about killing children as they cower. They shouldn't be labeled as monsters either though. There's o such thing as black and white evil. Its possible to feel sympathy for the boys while hating what they did. In fact I hardly ever see anyone who supports Eric and Dylan, and when someone voices that opinion they tend to be called out. This board is ultimately for information purposes, not to praise or vilify the dead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
astrospace92

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:08 am

I've noticed that a lot of the Tumblr "Columbiners" and other mass shooter "fangirls" are racists.
One incident that comes to mind is in regard to police brutality. When people were out raged Dylan Roof was taken to Burger King after massacring a group of innocent black people, they justified this as police protocol, yet I see the same people finding excuses for the death of Alton Sterling and the like with the same excuses.

It makes me so sad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lilith

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:22 am

well said [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Things Columbiners do   Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:50 am

I feel that this horrid term "Columbiner" needs to have a barrier because I don't want to put people who are straight-up fangirls, and you know what I mean by that - flower crown picture edits, fantasising about sex, wanting to date them and claiming the boys as theirs - in the same circle as those who are reasonably dedicated to the crime and have learnt everything about the boys without having to be "fans" of them, but rather see them in a light where it's either relatable, studying them for actual purposes, and to communicate with a community that's been dedicated to True Crime for a long time. Having said that, whatever a person likes though, it's their business and I can't control or demand them to stop it even though it's cringeworthy to look at it. I really can't. Even I have to be mature enough not to make fun of it because if it makes them feel good and helps them get through their day then, it's really their life, not mine. Also, I have seen Columbine-inspired tattoos and artwork that are legit and really good. If they know how to do it right and inconspicuously without it screaming COLUMBINE MASS SHOOTING on their bodies then, hey, why not! Throughout my time on here it may be noticeable that I'm either biased with the boys, maybe it's obvious that I'm lenient with them? or I may defend them? Idk how it makes me look. But I wouldn't call myself a fangirl of the boys. I have learnt ALOT from being interested in Columbine, even alot about myself as cheesy as that sounds, and various other true crimes and coming across this forum has been a really good thing because the people make this place a really educational and entertaining platform too. I mean, I hope it's clear enough to some people who're willing to understand that liking Columbine doesn't make me have a crush on two dead boys or anything like that but rather it's the things that I learn each day about the case, the crime community and myself and we can share things amongst one another.

Things Columbiners do
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next