Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ?

Go down 
+15
Ldude
Nirvana92
Moonshadow
TheSpiral
shades
boringguy
Draw_It_White
sororityalpha
James411
Falco
FlyerFan
eli27
Jenn
tfsa47090
PaintItBlack
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ?   Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 10:01 am

I don't think they were. A case I am currently following that was inspired by Columbine seems much worse. Thankfully, Michael and Robert Bever were caught before they could do worse than they already have.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 74114
Forum Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ?   Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 7:20 am

liquorvamp wrote:
potatosallad wrote:
There is no such thing as evil men, just evil deeds.

mmmmmmm........evil men begets evil deeds....no?

Bad judgment, misunderstandings, delusions... Those cause evil deeds. But it all depends on how you look at it. Nothing is black and white, what's evil to some is a blessing for others.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 78986
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ?   Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 7:26 am

PotatoSallad wrote:
Bad judgment, misunderstandings, delusions... Those cause evil deeds. But it all depends on how you look at it. Nothing is black and white, what's evil to some is a blessing for others.
makes sense, I agree.

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 95816
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ?   Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 11:51 pm

Tomb wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
Tomb wrote:
I don't know if these 2 have been mentioned, but Lawrence Bittaker and Roy Norris are evil personified. If you can stomach the graphic details, I believe you can learn a lot about them on Wikipedia. There's also a documentary, The Devil and the Death Penalty, that focuses on this case. It happened either in the 70's or 80's, but trust me it is one of the most horrific crimes I've ever stumbled upon. Those 2 have given me hellish nightmares about their crimes.

And I work in a morgue, so yeah, not a lot phases me.

Here's the link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They raped, beat, turtured and mutilated their victims before finally killing them. They also recorded audio of several of the torture sessions. You can find the transcripts online if you were so inclined. I cried when I read the transcript of the recording of the last victim. The documentary also plays a portion of the recording and it gave me chills. When they played it during those monsters' trials, many people fled the courtroom, unable to bear it. It is haunting.

Evil? Eric and Dylan are not even on the same universe as these two.

I have read some about this nightmare of a case.
One of the worst things I've heard in my life yet.
It haunts me to think how those girls suffered when the ice picks were driven through their heads and the last poor girl who was tortured with pliers and a sledgehammer.
I actually start to get ill when I remember.

I know. When I pulled up their Wikipedia page, I had a visceral reaction. The ice pick was shoved through one victim's ear and when it didn't kill her, they turned her over and shoved it through the other ear. Still alive, those monsters stomped on it until the handle broke. She still didn't die. They ended up bludgeoning her to death with a sledgehammer.

They mutilated the victims while alive, tearing off their nipples and mutilating their gentials, laughing at those poor victims as they screamed and cried in pain.

It's rather telling it only took the jury 90 minutes to give Bittaker the death penalty, even though he still languishes there 30 some odd years later. To this day, he has no remorse and will sign his tasteless "artwork" and letters as Pliers Bittaker.

I know.I wish that if they were going to kill them they would have at least have done it quickly.But then seeing them suffer was part of the plan.The first girl, the one they kidnapped while she was walking home from church supposedly got off the easiest as she was strangled to death after being raped(if you can call that getting off easy) .But then again, this is according to the killers.
Her body was never found.No doubt destroyed by animals and the waters that flood the area where she was disposed of after a heavy rain.It's so hurtful to think of. Who knows if that's how she really died?
Two of the victims bodies were never found so their families couldn't give them a proper resting place.
The whole "pliers" thing makes me ill.I'm not a big fan of the dp and am glad I don't have to make those decisions but there are some people I can't say don't deserve it.The only explanation I have for these types of atrocities is demonic possession.

These two remind me of the Hillside Stranglers.Have you ever seen that poor girl with the broom? If you've ever seen it, you'll sadly never forget it.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ?   Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 11:56 pm

Father kills his 2 daughters on his Birthday.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 74114
Forum Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ?   Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2016 10:41 am

PaintItBlack wrote:

Mother actually ...

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ?   Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2016 4:38 pm

PaintItBlack wrote:
Tomb wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
Tomb wrote:
I don't know if these 2 have been mentioned, but Lawrence Bittaker and Roy Norris are evil personified. If you can stomach the graphic details, I believe you can learn a lot about them on Wikipedia. There's also a documentary, The Devil and the Death Penalty, that focuses on this case. It happened either in the 70's or 80's, but trust me it is one of the most horrific crimes I've ever stumbled upon. Those 2 have given me hellish nightmares about their crimes.

They raped, beat, turtured and mutilated their victims before finally killing them. They also recorded audio of several of the torture sessions. You can find the transcripts online if you were so inclined. I cried when I read the transcript of the recording of the last victim. The documentary also plays a portion of the recording and it gave me chills. When they played it during those monsters' trials, many people fled the courtroom, unable to bear it. It is haunting.

It haunts me to think how those girls suffered when the ice picks were driven through their heads and the last poor girl who was tortured with pliers and a sledgehammer.

I know. When I pulled up their Wikipedia page, I had a visceral reaction. The ice pick was shoved through one victim's ear and when it didn't kill her, they turned her over and shoved it through the other ear. Still alive, those monsters stomped on it until the handle broke. She still didn't die. They ended up bludgeoning her to death with a sledgehammer.

They mutilated the victims while alive, tearing off their nipples and mutilating their gentials, laughing at those poor victims as they screamed and cried in pain.

It's rather telling it only took the jury 90 minutes to give Bittaker the death penalty, even though he still languishes there 30 some odd years later. To this day, he has no remorse and will sign his tasteless "artwork" and letters as Pliers Bittaker.

I know.I wish that if they were going to kill them they would have at least have done it quickly.But then seeing them suffer was part of the plan.The first girl, the one they kidnapped while she was walking home from church supposedly got off the easiest as she was strangled to death after being raped(if you can call that getting off easy) .But then again, this is according to the killers.
Her body was never found.No doubt destroyed by animals and the waters that flood the area where she was disposed of after a heavy rain.It's so hurtful to think of.  Who knows if that's how she really died?
Two of the victims bodies were never found so their families couldn't give them a proper resting place.
The whole "pliers" thing makes me ill.I'm not a big fan of the dp  and am glad I don't have to make those decisions but there are some people I can't say don't deserve it.The only explanation I have for these types of atrocities is demonic possession.

These two remind me of the Hillside Stranglers.Have you ever seen that poor girl with the broom? If you've ever seen it, you'll sadly never forget it.

No, thankfully I haven't. Almost like Eric and Dylan, you had 2 like-minded individuals meet and concoct a horrific plan. The planning alone and the modifications to the van to turn it into a torture chamber leads me to believe there is no hope ever for rehabilitation. John Douglas, retired FBI profiler, called Bittaker the worst offender he ever had the opportunity to profile.

Interestingly enough, the FBI plays the Shirley Ledford audiotape of her torture to new recruits to desensitize them.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ?   Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2016 9:33 pm

PotatoSallad wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:

Mother actually ...

Thanks for pointing that out.I was in a hurry and made a mistake.

Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ?   Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2016 9:39 pm

Tomb wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
Tomb wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
Tomb wrote:

Her body was never found.No doubt destroyed by animals and the waters that flood the area where she was disposed of after a heavy rain.It's so hurtful to think of.  Who knows if that's how she really died?
The whole "pliers" thing makes me ill.I'm not a big fan of the dp  and am glad I don't have to make those decisions but there are some people I can't say don't deserve it.The only explanation I have for these types of atrocities is demonic possession.

No, thankfully I haven't. Almost like Eric and Dylan, you had 2 like-minded individuals meet and concoct a horrific plan. The planning alone and the modifications to the van to turn it into a torture chamber leads me to believe there is no hope ever for rehabilitation. John Douglas, retired FBI profiler, called Bittaker the worst offender he ever had the opportunity to profile.

Interestingly enough, the FBI plays the Shirley Ledford audiotape of her torture to new recruits to desensitize them.  

Thanks for the information.A few things I didn't know. I'm glad those two are where they can't ever cause more harm.It's tragic but I do believe some people will always be predators.I don't think they could stop themselves from being predators until they became so old and infirm they could hardly move..
Another example of this is Richard Chase

BTW,people talk about the responsibilities of E &D's parents.Richard Chase's parents are at least half responsible for what happened.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ?   Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2016 2:56 pm

I don't mean this to be insensitive in any way, but I would much rather be shot in the head (I'm not referring to Columbine) where death is almost always instant (not always) than kidnapped, tortured, mutilated, repeatedly raped to the point you beg for death and finally murdered, all while being mocked and laughed at.

I completely agree, were they freed today, they would resume their sick actions.

This case is at the top of the ones that bother me most.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ?   Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2016 3:01 pm

PaintItBlack wrote:
Tomb wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
Tomb wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
Tomb wrote:

Thanks for the information.A few things I didn't know. I'm glad those two are where they can't ever cause more harm.It's tragic but I do believe some people will always be predators.I don't think they could stop themselves from being predators until they became so old and infirm they could hardly move..
Another example of this is Richard Chase

BTW,people talk about the responsibilities of E &D's parents.Richard Chase's parents are at least half responsible for what happened.

Omg, what a sicko. And, YES, his mother in particular is in part responsible for the atrocities he committed. He should have never been released from the psychiatric facility in the first place.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ?   Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 1:37 am

Tomb wrote:
I don't mean this to be insensitive in any way, but I would much rather be shot in the head (I'm not referring to Columbine) where death is almost always instant (not always) than kidnapped, tortured, mutilated, repeatedly raped to the point you beg for death and finally murdered, all while being mocked and laughed at.

I completely agree, were they freed today, they would resume their sick actions.

This case is at the top of the ones that bother me most.

I totally agree.If someone is going to kill me, I would rather be shot and die fast than suffer the way these poor girls did.

Back to top Go down
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

Contribution Points : 71131
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ?   Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2016 11:19 am

To give a short answer to the original topic: no, I don't think Eric and Dylan were some of the most evil people.

To give a longer answer: they were aggressive and they killed without remorse, but

a.) the crimes you mention in this thread show at least as much cruelty and aggression;
b.) there are many people who never commit anything criminal - but they are malignant, do their best to destroy others' life or make others miserable - and, as the things they do are legally not punishable, they may continue their deeds...
c.) Eric and Dylan took their own lives, too.
I do not mean this justifies the murders they committed, but if I think about the serial killers who are actually fighting at court to save their own lives, so I see a slight difference. Is it only me?
Back to top Go down
Nirvana92

Nirvana92

Contribution Points : 82464
Forum Reputation : 80

PostSubject: Re: Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ?   Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2016 6:39 am

Anyone who thinks E/D are anywhere near the most evil humans alive clearly hasn't done thier research. Go watch a few Mexican drug cartel or ISIS execution videos. It may sound sick to the "normal" folks of the world, but shooting a few kids hardly registers as the tip of the iceberg when it comes to evil deeds. E/D and every other mass shooter are tame compared to the violence exhibited by countless other people/organizations who have and currently exist in the world.
Back to top Go down
Ldude

Ldude

Contribution Points : 76851

PostSubject: Re: Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ?   Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2016 7:59 pm

Last edited by Ldude on Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 78986
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ?   Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 3:09 pm

The thing about what's going on between ISIS and the Cartels is that it happens almost regularly that it becomes a statistic, something we hear about any other day. Kinda like wars. YES, it is sick, I have seen the beheading videos raw but even when I did I felt dissociated from it. Columbine however, it's something so close to home. We remember EVERY victim by name, they're just like our friends, our siblings, and I feel in terms of how sick or how much it hurts hits harder.

For me, I feel if there's a premeditated crime sicker than what Eric and Dylan did is when parents sexually abuse or exploit their kids, even worse if they murder them. I feel harm done to babies and toddlers is worse off for me.

MrAdventure

Contribution Points : 71034

PostSubject: Re: Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ?   Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2016 12:23 am

Yes what they did was evil, but there were far worse people out there.
Have they not heard of hitler?
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85078
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ?   Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2016 6:55 pm

Baby P was disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.
The mother and stepfather of Baby P should have a public execution where they are nailed to a piece of wood (like Jesus' cross, though I don't believe in god) and both burnt. They sicken me and I hope they only get misfortune and die a violent, gruesome death like their poor boy.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118020
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ?   Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2016 1:22 am

InsaneIntruder wrote:
The mother and stepfather of Baby P should have a public execution where they are nailed to a piece of wood (like Jesus' cross, though I don't believe in god) and both burnt. They sicken me and I hope they only get misfortune and die a violent, gruesome death like their poor boy.
Baby P was pretty disgusting but I think the worst one I ever read about was Baby Brianna. What her own Mother, Father and Uncle did to her the entire 5 months she was alive, I can't even fathom anyone doing that to any baby let alone their own. They tortured her every single day. The things they did to her were unimaginable and I won't even type it out. All child abuse is sad but this one upsets me like no other and I think about that poor baby often.

Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 121538
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ?   Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2016 1:32 am

On the subject, 2 month old baby in the microwave is pretty disturbing

Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85078
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ?   Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2016 11:20 am

Jenn wrote:
InsaneIntruder wrote:
Baby P was pretty disgusting but I think the worst one I ever read about was Baby Brianna. What her own Mother, Father and Uncle did to her the entire 5 months she was alive, I can't even fathom anyone doing that to any baby let alone their own. They tortured her every single day. The things they did to her were unimaginable and I won't even type it out. All child abuse is sad but this one upsets me like no other and I think about that poor baby often.

Just looked up Baby Brianna and saw her injuries...I'm only 1 minute into a video that's nearly 7 minutes long and I'm already disgusted. Why do sickos like this exist?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ?   Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2020 5:48 pm

N/A

Last edited by Burn on Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ?   Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2020 7:46 pm

They certainly committed an evil deed, but I think far more evil deeds have been done by far more evil people. So, no I would not consider them to be some of the most evil people ever.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119628
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ?   Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 11:41 am

This is actually quite a fascinating topic to discuss. Lot of interesting responses to comment on.

PaintItBlack wrote:
One thing I have noticed is that a lot of people who get into this or just start researching it think that E &D were some of the most evil people to ever live on this earth.
They routinely show up on most evil people or Most evil children lists.

This is, of course, due to sheer laziness, in that many people won't bother looking above the surface level to find the more truly heinous or ghastly crimes people have committed throughout the years. It's hard to find people talking about John Chivington, easy to find people talk about E&D.

That being said, it's also important to keep in mind what Eric and Dylan did, and what they wanted to achieve. They murdered thirteen people, crippled or traumatized many others, and tried to kill several more, mocked their victim's pain, and then took their own lives. The families of the victims and even their own families have been emotionally devastated for years now because of their actions. As if all this wasn't enough their original plan was to kill hundreds in a bombing, which would've put them in the same league as McVeigh and bin Laden. So all in all, while Columbine wasn't as visceral or prolonged as repeatedly beating and raping an infant every day for five months until death, it certainly caused more harm and to far more people. So I find it very questionable when people seek to downplay their crimes by bringing up someone else who tortured their victims to death, even if it's someone or something that can't really defend itself, like an infant or animal.

PaintItBlack wrote:
For some reason,the sickeningly disgusting cases of people raping babies and toddlers seem to have become more common.

It has not, our methods to detect such crimes have simply improved to the point where the vast majority of these cases can now be discovered. It may horrify you to consider, but back in the Middle Ages or an otherwise more primitive time, many sadistic child abusers had a free hand in killing, torturing, and raping their kids, and got away with it. Who would stop them, in an era with little to no centralized police force or medical examiners to investigate and determine causes of death? Who would be able to step in ands intervene in an era where social services were nonexistent? Indeed, who would stop them when, at times, the state condoned the killings/torture of children and infants, such as in ancient Sparta?

The history is all there, if you dare to look at its gruesomeness.

Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 78103
Forum Reputation : 304

PostSubject: Re: Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ?   Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2020 9:54 am

Im not really sure you can say anyone is truly good or evil.

Anyone ever read 'The banality of evil' by Hannah Arendt?

She wrote that book during the trial against Adolph Eichman in Jerusalem
The nazi war criminal. She did talk about good and evil. I couldnt read through, because much of it was so heart breaking to read into.

But: I think demonizing other groups is inherently bad and should be challenged and called out. Much like what we did see with the Holocaust, there are clear examples for how destructive dehumanization can be. Whats shocking is that the people that supported the Holocaust were very normal. Thats evil to me. That people can become so brainwashed that they do all kinds of horrible shit.

Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 78103
Forum Reputation : 304

PostSubject: Re: Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ?   Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2020 10:20 am

What I see in many of the mass shooters: They did horrible stuff, but I think it was more out of desperation and not 'evil' in particular. Of course, its vicuous and theres lacking of empathy, but I see it as more of an act of desparation, for the most part. I think Dylan Klebold was desperate along with other factors.

I barely use the 'good and evil'- label. Because, unfortunately good people do bad things under the wrong circumstances. I refer to empathy/compassion and lack of empathy/compassion. I do believe that school shooters lack empathy for their victims, but I would gather probably for a number of reasons. Also, people arent immune to become desentizised for other people.

I feel sorry for some criminals, honestly, and not because they were in the right to do what they did(they were not). But in some cases there are good reasons why they are being shaped into becoming criminals. And society condems wo understanding the underlying factors. So, in many cases Im hesitant to say that people are Just bad and thats it.

I do think its possible to dehumanize a group of people to a point Where everytving is acceptable because 'those people are a destructive force'. Even if that is a worldview full of lies(such as antisemittism).

II also think that under certain given circumstances people are shaped, which impacts their decisions to do horrible stuff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ?   Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next