Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Sue Klebold's interview

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
astrospace92

PostSubject: Re: Sue Klebold's interview   Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:16 pm

I've read her book and watched most of the interviews. I do believe he's genuine but to be honest, there's something off about her. Multiple times in the book and in the interviews she repeats the same flowery clichés and metaphors when describing her feelings. It is a bit too much at times.  It's like she's quoting piece of literature, and could be mistaken as disingenuous or detached.

Something which struck me was one of the survivors posted on Facebook that Wayne and Kathy's letter so cold and emotionally stunted, while the Klebold's was personally and heartfelt whilst other's were angry that Sue wrote to them. Now, I'm not one to talk because I have not suffered such a tragedy, but I could almost see why victims and survivors are not happy, because her rhetoric is to poetic and fluffy to come across as insincere in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
astrospace92

PostSubject: Re: Sue Klebold's interview   Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:43 pm

I've just been thinking whilst flicking through Sue's book and interviews again, I feel I've been a little harsh on her. I stand by what I said in regard to her use of flowery language possibly being perceived as insincere by some of the survivors and victims.

However, do you think it's possible that she has been legally advised to stick to her comments and try not to add as little as possible, because if she even insinuates that Dylan was more compus mentis than she initially said it could potentially lead to more law suits against her?

Speaking of which, I don't know much about American law, how does the statue of limitations act work in regards to people not directly involved with a crime? (IE. The Harris and Klebolds / Columbine)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Sue Klebold's interview   Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:42 pm

astrospace92 wrote:
I've just been thinking whilst flicking through Sue's book and interviews again, I feel I've been a little harsh on her. I stand by what I said in regard to her use of flowery language possibly being perceived as insincere by some of the survivors and victims.

However, do you think it's possible that she has been legally advised to stick to her comments and try not to add as little as possible, because if she even insinuates that Dylan was more compus mentis than she initially said it could potentially lead to more law suits against her?

Speaking of which, I don't know much about American law, how does the statue of limitations act work in regards to people not directly involved with a crime? (IE. The Harris and Klebolds / Columbine)

I am not sure about everything exactly but I know she cannot talk about anything that relates to the depositions for now. She gives the excuse of not giving details so that copycats won't read her book and get ideas. I do not like that this excuse is so widely given.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

Sue Klebold's interview
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4