Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

The Klebolds are DIVORCED

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
FlyerFan

PostSubject: Re: The Klebolds are DIVORCED   Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:48 pm

I felt really sad when they announced that she and Tom have divorced. I know its a difficult thing to try to stay together through, but it still sucks to see this poor woman who has been through the ultimate hell that any mother could ever go through and now shes lost her marriage as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fatheroftwo
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The Klebolds are DIVORCED   Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:31 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
In the Ted talk that Andrew Solomon gave he mentioned that he spent 10 years compiling Far From the Tree and that he met with the klebolds many times over the years. the information from their interviews in the book was probably taken from before their divorce but they might have divorced by the time it was published.

And he stayed in Dylan's old room when he visited Denver to meet with the Klebolds, which had been remodeled.

edit: "remodeled" .. & not due to "mold"Smile

Last edited by Fatheroftwo on Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fatheroftwo
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The Klebolds are DIVORCED   Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:38 pm

In the "Guardian"-article and interview w. Sue it's stated that they were married 43 years. That would make their divorce in 2014, so fairly recent. It also states that it had a lot to do w. the way they grieved individually: "broadly speaking, she looked outwards, he retreated in". If anybody is able to buy the Guardian of today, in the "weekend section" you can find the lenghty article and an extract from Sue's book. It's worth a read. According to this site: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
the article should be on "guardian.com" tomorrow, too.

That would explain the 2014 transfer @ a figure of $575,000, which is well below the market value. The other transactions prior likely reflect refi's.. the Klebolds ran a small property mgmt & mortgage company for the rental homes. Bankruptcy from the civil suits applies here as well.

That's one thing I do not think E&D realized.. not only were their families emotional lives going to be shattered (acknowledged in the basement tapes), but their financial lives as well. Insurance covered the civil suits to a point, but not everything & it obviously drained them as it was stated that the Klebolds filed bankruptcy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: The Klebolds are DIVORCED   Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:51 pm

great information thank you Fatheroftwo

x5000x

PostSubject: Re: The Klebolds are DIVORCED   Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:27 pm

LPorter101 you are a champ.

I try. Very Happy

I'm uploading it in SD ... I have an old Dazzle video recorder that can't do HD.

Here are parts 1-5. Part 6 should be up soon:

(Part 1 has some other stuff at the beginning ... I started recording two minutes before the hour and I didn't want to waste time editing it out.)

1: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
2: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
3: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
4: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
5: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thank you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
em81

PostSubject: Re: The Klebolds are DIVORCED   Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:27 pm

they are divorced since 2014. and my impression was that it has to do with sue writing this book. tom and byron didnĀ“t feel comfortable with the idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lalee

PostSubject: Re: The Klebolds are DIVORCED   Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:41 pm

I know I'm late with this but Sue and tom got married in 1971 and they divorced after 30 years of marriage (means in 2001 or 2002 depends on the actual day and everything...). As long as I know Thomas and Byron still live in that house (cougar rd.) but Susan moved out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
asloversgo

PostSubject: Re: The Klebolds are DIVORCED   Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:06 pm

I know I'm late with this but Sue and tom got married in 1971 and they divorced after 30 years of marriage (means in 2001 or 2002 depends on the actual day and everything...). As long as I know Thomas and Byron still live in that house (cougar rd.) but Susan moved out.

I know that Tom does but I am not sure about Byron
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gonz

PostSubject: Re: The Klebolds are DIVORCED   Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:18 am

I know that Tom does but I am not sure about Byron

Nope, they divorced after 43 years of marriage, in 2014, that's what she wrote on her book. Byron moved out in July of 1997.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The Klebolds are DIVORCED
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2