Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sue Klebold's Canadian Interview

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Sue Klebold's Canadian Interview  Empty
PostSubject: Sue Klebold's Canadian Interview    Sue Klebold's Canadian Interview  Icon_minitimeMon 15 Feb 2016 - 3:57

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 147925
Forum Reputation : 2502

PostSubject: Re: Sue Klebold's Canadian Interview    Sue Klebold's Canadian Interview  Icon_minitimeMon 15 Feb 2016 - 4:32

She's making the rounds, isn't she?

Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 121538
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Sue Klebold's Canadian Interview    Sue Klebold's Canadian Interview  Icon_minitimeMon 15 Feb 2016 - 5:42

Some notes from the article:

Sue: Dylan volunteered at a Day Care Centre.

Reporter: Do you blame the police?

Sue: I don’t blame anyone for anything. I keep going back to the fact that Columbine hadn’t happened yet and we were a different people 17 years ago than we are now. I think that’s true for the police too, and for schools. There was a lot of naïveté in those days.

Sue: I believe in my heart very strongly that Dylan and Eric were also victims of the tragedy they helped create, victims because of their own malfunctioning thinking.

Reporter: From financial ruin to being perceived as “the worst mother in the world,” as you put it, you’ve lost a great deal more than your son. Have you come to terms with the loss of your previous identity?

Sue: I think so. Before Columbine happened, I very often defined myself by what other people thought of me. I think a lot of women tend to do that. Afterwards some people vilified me and hated me, and there were some people who perceived me as superhuman because I survived this. My therapist pointed out to me that both of those perceptions are equally false. You can’t get upset by what people say about you if it’s bad, any more than you can be elated by someone else’s overestimation of you as a human being. She said, “You are just a blank movie screen and people are projecting onto you what they want to believe, and the important thing is to try to be who you are, love yourself, understand yourself, accept yourself.”

Reporter: What’s one of your favourite memories of him?

Sue: His whole childhood to me was this golden blur of cuddliness, and precociousness, and giggliness. Oh my gosh, I remember one time we were traveling and we stopped at a hotel after being in the car all day, so he was very rambunctious. In the hotel room there were two beds, and he started jumping on them like a frog. He jumped on one and went “Ribbit, ribbit” then jumped to the next, “Ribbit, ribbit”—he was so adorable, so funny. I could keep you here all day telling you things I remember.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sue Klebold's Canadian Interview    Sue Klebold's Canadian Interview  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sue Klebold's Canadian Interview
Page 1 of 1