Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

EDIT: Susan Klebold talks about bullying (ketchup, tobacco spit, etc.)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LPorter101

PostSubject: EDIT: Susan Klebold talks about bullying (ketchup, tobacco spit, etc.)   Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:54 pm

EDIT: I have edited the title of this thread, because in her book Susan Klebold does describe some of the alleged bullying incidents.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: Many people think of Columbine in terms of losers vs. jocks. But jocks were not targeted in the killings and your son wasn’t a loser, was he?

A: No. That was some of the mythology that sprang up afterwards. He was in the gifted program. From my perspective he had many friends, males and females. He did the sound for school plays, went bowling with friends, they had a fantasy baseball league.

Last edited by LPorter101 on Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: Susan Klebold talks about bullying (ketchup, tobacco spit, etc.)   Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:58 pm

I don't think this is accurate.
Yes, Dylan was better liked than Eric and had more friends, but people who did know him like Brooks and Devon Adams and people who only knew him by sight like the Marjorie girl who wrote a book, talked about seeing him bullied with their own eyes.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: Susan Klebold talks about bullying (ketchup, tobacco spit, etc.)   Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:00 pm

In the Washington Post article, Sue stated that:

"Trouble escalated during Dylan’s junior year. He was suspended for lifting locker combinations from the school’s computer system; he quit his job at a pizza place; he endured bullying. He became irritable, unmotivated. Most serious, Dylan and Eric were arrested for stealing electronic equipment from a parked van."

LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: Susan Klebold talks about bullying (ketchup, tobacco spit, etc.)   Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

In the Washington Post article, Sue stated that:

"Trouble escalated during Dylan’s junior year. He was suspended for lifting locker combinations from the school’s computer system; he quit his job at a pizza place; he endured bullying. He became irritable, unmotivated. Most serious, Dylan and Eric were arrested for stealing electronic equipment from a parked van."

She is but one woman who is (presumably) saying the same things to lots of different reporters, and her words are getting interpreted in all sorts of different ways. Interesting.

But Dylan did talk about how much he hated jocks, both in his journal and in person. He talked about jocks more than Eric did.

Jocks were the guys who could get the girls that boys like Eric and Dylan wanted, but couldn't get.

I wonder if we'll hear from any of Dylan's friends.

LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: Susan Klebold talks about bullying (ketchup, tobacco spit, etc.)   Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:12 pm

Dylan Klebold hated jocks. He wrote in his journal:

I get rejected for being honest about fucking hate for jocks.

Gee, I wonder where that hatred came from.

Envy was a big part of it, doubtlessly. Jocks got girls that Dylan wanted but couldn't get.

em81

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: Susan Klebold talks about bullying (ketchup, tobacco spit, etc.)   Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:07 am

Envy was a big part of it, doubtlessly. Jocks got girls that Dylan wanted but couldn't get.

you are right with envy. and i think that some of the jocks were assholes didn´t help in this situation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
eli27

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: Susan Klebold talks about bullying (ketchup, tobacco spit, etc.)   Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:48 pm

you are right with envy. and i think that some of the jocks were assholes didn´t help in this situation.

It seems to me that this envy was a big, maybe as big as the bullying/being picked on, factor in the cause of NBK.

LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: Susan Klebold talks about bullying (ketchup, tobacco spit, etc.)   Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:51 pm

It seems to me that this envy was a big, maybe as big as the bullying/being picked on, factor in the cause of NBK.

Yes, for both boys. They were angry at a world that valued skills that they didn't have over the ones that they did.

LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: Susan Klebold talks about bullying (ketchup, tobacco spit, etc.)   Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:54 pm

Ketchup incident:
One day, Dylan came home, his shirt spotted with ketchup. He refused to tell me what had happened, only that he’d had “the worst day of his life.” I pressed, but Dylan downplayed it, and I let him. Kids have disagreements, I thought. Whatever it is, it’ll blow over—and if it doesn’t, I’ll know. There has been reporting that the incident was more serious than I could ever have imagined: a circle of boys taunting Dylan and Eric, shoving them, spraying them with ketchup, and suggesting they were gay. That incident alone may not explain the deadly kinship forged between the boys, but it is the kind of shared humiliation in which a bond is formed.

LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: Susan Klebold talks about bullying (ketchup, tobacco spit, etc.)   Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:57 pm

Tobacco spit:
It mirrors our own conversations, too. One of Dylan’s friends told me he’d never seen any examples of students mistreating other students—and then, in the very next breath, told me about kids hurling a soda can full of tobacco spit in his direction at a school sporting event.

She doesn't talk about the "cup of shit" incident.

Screamingophelia
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: Susan Klebold talks about bullying (ketchup, tobacco spit, etc.)   Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:08 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, I think it was in No Easy Answers, but didn't one of his friends catch the tail end of the Ketchup incident and then help Dylan clean up in the bathroom?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
silentprocess

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: Susan Klebold talks about bullying (ketchup, tobacco spit, etc.)   Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:32 pm

Q: Many people think of Columbine in terms of losers vs. jocks. But jocks were not targeted in the killings and your son wasn’t a loser, was he?

A: No. That was some of the mythology that sprang up afterwards. He was in the gifted program. From my perspective he had many friends, males and females. He did the sound for school plays, went bowling with friends, they had a fantasy baseball league.

Sue is and always has been out of touch with reality and still to this day has no clue who her son is or was.

She said no in that answer then she went and stated that he was in the gifted program.. LMAO she said no and yes in the same sentence. She doesn't comprehend what school is and the hierarchy at all. It's baffling that she can even remember to breath and doesn't constantly pass out.

Screamingophelia
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: Susan Klebold talks about bullying (ketchup, tobacco spit, etc.)   Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:08 pm

He was in the gifted program when he was young, then when he was in 8th grade I believe he was asked to take an advanced math class at CHS but they decided not to.

I imagine it had to have been hard to talk to her if you were Dylan. It seems like he had a good relationship with his dad though. My heart goes out in some ways more for him than his mom sometimes.

When the only person you really feel like you can open up too is someone who shares your beliefs and is willing to exact revenge (Eric) you do have a dangerous dynamic to be honest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

EDIT: Susan Klebold talks about bullying (ketchup, tobacco spit, etc.)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1