Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Susan Klebold's Interviews (Index)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gonz

PostSubject: Susan Klebold's Interviews (Index)   Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:36 am

Since she appears to be doing a tour to promote her book, I think it would be useful to gather all the interviews in one topic. I will be updating if she keeps doing more. I've also added the old ones.

-– INDEX –-

- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (The New York Times. May 15, 2004).

- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (O, The Oprah Magazine. November 2009).

- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (Scribner. Nov 13, 2012).

- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (ABC 20/20. Feb 12, 2016).

- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (The Guardian Weekend. Feb 13, 2016).

- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (The Washington Post. Feb 14, 2016).

- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (Maclean's. Feb 14, 2016).

- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (CBC Radio's The Current. Feb 15, 2016).

- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (BBC Newsnight. Feb 15, 2016).

- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (BBC Radio 4. Feb 16, 2016).

- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (Marie Claire. Feb 16, 2016).

- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (NPR Fresh Air. Feb 16, 2016).

- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (CPR Colorado Matters. Feb 16, 2016).

- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (The Dr. Oz Show. Feb 17, 2016).

- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (BBC Our World. Feb 19, 2016).

- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (The Associated Press. Feb 24, 2016).

- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (The Denver Post. Feb 24, 2016).

- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (The Alan Colmes Show. Feb 24, 2016).

- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (PBS NewsHour. Feb 25, 2016).

- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (Rocky Mountain PBS. March 4, 2016).

- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (The Huffington Post. March 7-14, 2016).

- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (5280. March 31, 2016).

Last edited by Gonz on Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:42 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold's Interviews (Index)   Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:31 pm

Excellent index ... good work Gonz

Gonz

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold's Interviews (Index)   Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:21 pm

Thanks (:

I've just added the CBC Radio's The Current interview.

Excerpt:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
carrie12

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold's Interviews (Index)   Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:04 am

You can download Sue's BBC 4 Radio interview here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gonz

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold's Interviews (Index)   Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:43 am

Two more added.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
carrie12

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold's Interviews (Index)   Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:43 am

The extended version of the BBC interview will air this weekend: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold's Interviews (Index)   Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:16 pm

I don't know about anybody else in the US but Sue's BBC program is not airing here on BBC America.
Our local PBS channel shows some BBC programming but they apparently are not airing it either.
Bummer. I really wanted to tape it.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
View user profile
carrie12

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold's Interviews (Index)   Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:00 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: You can watch it live (21.30 GMT) on this stream: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
carrie12

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold's Interviews (Index)   Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:05 am

For people in the UK: the episode is already available here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Won't play for me, I'm not in the UK Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gonz

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold's Interviews (Index)   Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:00 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
carrie12

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold's Interviews (Index)   Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:03 am

Thank you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]!
Another radio interview w. Sue (Colorado Public Radio): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gonz

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold's Interviews (Index)   Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:32 am

A couple more (AP and Denver Post TV).
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold's Interviews (Index)   Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:09 pm

I haven't listened or watched every interview, but I have the feeling that they talk about the same stuff in every one? Or are they unique enough to watch? Do we hear or learn anything new?

I have read the book.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
carrie12

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold's Interviews (Index)   Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:06 pm

Another interview w. Sue that will also feature Coni Sanders: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gonz

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold's Interviews (Index)   Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:51 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I haven't listened or watched every interview, but I have the feeling that they talk about the same stuff in every one? Or are they unique enough to watch? Do we hear or learn anything new?

All the interviews are almost identical, same questions, same answers, sometimes even same clothes… She tells different anecdotes regarding Dylan, but that's all. I wouldn't say they are a must-read/see.

Another interview w. Sue that will also feature Coni Sanders: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
View user profile
carrie12

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold's Interviews (Index)   Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:56 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold's Interviews (Index)   Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:32 am

Parts 2 and 3. A lot of talk about how sick and disturbed Eric was in Sue's opinion and a lot of ignoring & minimizing things about Dylan.I know its not shocking from a Mother but I don't think I'll ever get over my disappointment about this.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
View user profile
carrie12

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold's Interviews (Index)   Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:01 am

Another interview will air tonight: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThoughtBox

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold's Interviews (Index)   Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:00 pm

Thank you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for this!

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThoughtBox

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold's Interviews (Index)   Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:03 pm

I really like this BBC production.

Has Sue discussed her premonition of foreboding while holding infant Dylan before this revelation in this show? I didn't hear this in the NPR broadcast, and admitedly, I have not read the book. Does she go into this any more than she does in her brief comment in this interview?

It's hard to watch Sue tear up and cry a bit without getting bleary-eyed myself.

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold's Interviews (Index)   Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:58 am

I really like this BBC production.

Has Sue discussed her premonition of foreboding while holding infant Dylan before this revelation in this show? I didn't hear this in the NPR broadcast, and admitedly, I have not read the book. Does she go into this any more than she does in her brief comment in this interview?

It's hard to watch Sue tear up and cry a bit without getting bleary-eyed myself.

I have heard her mention it a lot in her interviews. Sometimes she gets more in depth than others. She mentioned that he had something medically wrong with him when he was born and that is what she thought it was Poor Sue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThoughtBox

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold's Interviews (Index)   Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:16 am

Another interview will air tonight: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], did anyone watch this CSpan interview yet? I forgot to DVR it, and had to set up a reminder through the web link to tell me when it's on again.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
carrie12

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold's Interviews (Index)   Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:02 am

It got converted to youtube already: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rockiemontana

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold's Interviews (Index)   Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:48 pm

Thoughtbox i believe you asked if sue goes into detail about her premonition when dylan was a baby. Answer is yes. I dont have the book with me right now so i cant give direct quotes. She says [if i remember right] shortly after his birth as she held him, she was suddenly overcome by a feeling of dread. She says she had never experienced anything like it before. Like a bird of prey passing over. [this next part i do remember clearly] she was looking at him and felt this child would bring her great sorrow. The entire premonition part of her story really trips me out. Maybe someone can post that part of the book?? I would, but i dont know how...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold's Interviews (Index)   Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:57 pm

Thoughtbox i believe you asked if sue goes into detail about her premonition when dylan was a baby.  Answer is yes. I dont have the book with me right now so i cant give direct quotes. She says [if i remember right] shortly after his birth as she held him, she was suddenly overcome by a feeling of dread. She says she had never experienced anything like it before. Like a bird of prey passing over. [this next part i do remember clearly] she was looking at him and felt this child would bring her great sorrow.   The entire premonition part of her story really trips me out. Maybe someone can post that part of the book?? I would, but i dont know how...

Here is the text from the book:
This comes from chapter 5
"Like every new mother, I was delighted to meet this brand new creature I already had such an intimate relationship with. The next morning, we finally got a minute alone, and I was thrilled to kiss his smooth cheeks and wonder at his tiny, perfect fingers and toes. But as I held him, I experienced a deep and unsettling sense of foreboding, strong enough to make me shiver. It was as if a bird of prey had passed overhead, casting us into shadow. Looking down at the perfect bundle in my arms, I was overcome by a strong premonition: this child would bring me a terrible sorrow.
I am not superstitious by nature, and this was a feeling I had never experienced before, and haven't since. I was so startled by it, I could hardly move. Was this a mother's intuition? Was my seemingly healthy baby sick? But everything checked out fine, and the hospital sent me home with my new little boy.
Two weeks later, Dylan vomited profusely after a feeding, and then after the next. Badly frightened, I took him to the emergency room. The doctors kept him two nights for observation, but found nothing. At the next follow-up visit I insisted upon later that week, three week old Dylan was pale, dehydrated and below his birth weight. By then the condition had developed enough to show on an X-ray, and Dylan was diagnosed with a pyloric stenosis, a narrowing at the base of the stomach. The dr sent us back to the hospital. The situation was so serious, Dylan might have died without immediate surgery.
After he pulled through that harrowing ordeal and turned into his sweet, plump, rosy cheeked baby self, I felt all the obvious relief and more besides, sure that this serious illness-disaster averted- was my premonition realized.
That childhood illness was also the last time, until his jr year of high school that I ever had real cause to worry about Dylan."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rockiemontana

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold's Interviews (Index)   Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:01 pm

Thank you for posting that excerpt. It gives me chills every time i read it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
em81

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold's Interviews (Index)   Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:46 pm

sue said eric is also a victim. so what do you think about this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThoughtBox

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold's Interviews (Index)   Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:25 pm

It got converted to youtube already: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thank you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThoughtBox

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold's Interviews (Index)   Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:28 pm

sue said eric is also a victim. so what do you think about this?

It's Sue being Sue, and recognizing that Eric was also mentally ill as Dylan was.

Where, though, did Sue ever say this? I'm curious to know....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
em81

PostSubject: Re: Susan Klebold's Interviews (Index)   Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:58 pm

here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

eric is also a victim of his brain illness like dylan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Susan Klebold's Interviews (Index)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next