Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Dylan's journal.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
lasttrain
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's journal.   Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:38 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Yes, the fact he was more violent and seemed to enjoy it much more than Eric is one of the strongest pieces of evidence to me that this was the culmination of a long-awaited and anticipated plan, something he must have been thinking about for a long time.

My problem with this is that Dylan in his journals never writes much of a concrete plan.  Whereas Eric's journals are full of different plans many of which resemble what they tried to do during the massacre.  I see Eric as the planner because his journals intersect with what actually happened. More evidence he was the leader too.

It's much easier to drink the Cullen-Aid (much less tastier than Kool-Aid, I might add) and believe little ole Dylan (aw, shucks) was just drawn into the whole shitty deal by that awful meanie Eric Harris.

If this is your interpretation of my position, could you quote a post where I have said anything remotely like it?  Or are you engaging in a straw man argument?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anonacc489

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's journal.   Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:28 pm

I think the problem with people seeing Eric as the leader is that it implies Dylan was more innocent than Eric and was just roped into it, which is completely false.

A follower can contribute just as much to doing something as a leader can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThoughtBox

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's journal.   Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:34 pm

Yes, the fact he was more violent and seemed to enjoy it much more than Eric is one of the strongest pieces of evidence to me that this was the culmination of a long-awaited and anticipated plan, something he must have been thinking about for a long time.

My problem with this is that Dylan in his journals never writes much of a concrete plan.  Whereas Eric's journals are full of different plans many of which resemble what they tried to do during the massacre.  I see Eric as the planner because his journals intersect with what actually happened.  More evidence he was the leader too.

It's much easier to drink the Cullen-Aid (much less tastier than Kool-Aid, I might add) and believe little ole Dylan (aw, shucks) was just drawn into the whole shitty deal by that awful meanie Eric Harris.

Actually, the above are just my own thoughts about the relationship in general as viewed by others. I really didn't read any of your posts tbph.

If this is your interpretation of my position, could you quote a post where I have said anything remotely like it?  Or are you engaging in a straw man argument?

Actually, the above are just my own thoughts about the relationship in general as viewed by others. I really didn't read any of your posts tbph. I'm sure you're not the only person who would disagree with what I believe to be the solid presupposition put forth in this excellent thread.

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
astrospace92

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's journal.   Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:51 pm

I'm on Jenn's side with this one.

Two things I would like to point out.

1) Just because Eric wrote in more detail doesn't mean Dylan was less into it. Eric wrote in more detail becusse he wrote it with the intention of being read and for added shock value (side note: I write very detailed fantasies in my journals all the time, doesn't mean I'm really into it, I can be a form of catharsis for some people.)

2) I don't know if anyone saw my post on the "Dylan is a psychopath" thread but I genuinely believe Dylan was more psychopathic than Eric because despite the evidence and cold hard facts people STILL want to believe Dylan was an innocent lost lamb who was coerced into it and still comes out looking better than Eric. how the fuck does that happen?!

I know we can't diagnose and I'm no professional ... But THINK about it guys...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThoughtBox

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's journal.   Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:24 pm

1) Just because Eric wrote in more detail doesn't mean Dylan was less into it. Eric wrote in more detail becusse he wrote it with the intention of being read and for added shock value (side note: I write very detailed fantasies in my journals all the time, doesn't mean I'm really into it, I can be a form of catharsis for some people.)

2) I don't know if anyone saw my post on the "Dylan is a psychopath" thread but I genuinely believe Dylan was more psychopathic than Eric because despite the evidence and cold hard facts people STILL want to believe Dylan was an innocent lost lamb who was coerced into it and still comes out looking better than Eric. how the fuck does that happen?!

Indeed. To your points...

1) Dylan was a bit of a lazy SOB. I'm surprised he even wrote as much in his journal as he did.

2) Yes, Dylan "wins" in the long run it seems because even to this day there are people who believe Eric was the real mastermind behind the whole damnable thing.  
Klebold 1, Harris 0

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD

Last edited by ThoughtBox on Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThoughtBox

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's journal.   Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:26 pm

1) Dylan was a bit of a lazy SOB. I'm surprised he even wrote as much in his journal as he did.

2) Yes, Dylan "wins" in the long run it seems because even to this day there are people who believe Eric was the real mastermind behind the whole damnable thing.    Klebold 1, Harris 0

This even includes Dylan's own mother. Suspect

Back to top Go down
View user profile
astrospace92

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's journal.   Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:34 pm

2) Yes, Dylan "wins" in the long run it seems because even to this day there are people who believe Eric was the real mastermind behind the whole damnable thing.    Klebold 1, Harris 0

This even includes Dylan's own mother.  Suspect

It's one of the reasons I think Sue wanted the tapes to be destroyed, because it will shatter the illusion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lasttrain
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's journal.   Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:17 pm

There is no illusion about Dylan Klebold. Saying he had a different mental illness than Eric did is just scientifically accurate. It doesn't relieve Dylan of moral responsibility, certainly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nirvana92

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's journal.   Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:29 am

According to Sues book Dylan didnt have an actual journal. The "journal" we got is a compilation of loose papers found stuffed away in various folders and notebooks thought his bedroom. I think Dylan may have forgotten about them or was to lazy to dig them all out to destroy like his hard drive. Hey may have even had a real journal like Eric that he pitched before the attack.

I'm honestly starting to think that Dylan really did care about his image after all. Unlike Eric he wore his coat at all times no matter the weather or temperature outside. He wore glasses like Harrelson in Natural Born Killers. It makes perfect sense that he'd name the attack after his favorite movie. Devon Adams has even tried to set the record straight about the whole "Dylan followed Eric" theory:

"Oddly, it was Eric who would copy everything Dylan did, which made Dylan so angry. But it was Eric's stronger and more violent personality that won Dylan over."

To me that sounds like Eric was Dylan's follower, and Dylan tolerated it because of Erics anger. I just can't see it happening the other way around no matter how much I try.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
limpfisch

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's journal.   Sun May 15, 2016 11:00 am

I'm confused.
With all the extensive research done of the last 17 years, why hasn't someone picked up that it was Dylan's idea much earlier?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's journal.   Mon May 16, 2016 9:33 am

I'm confused.
With all the extensive research done of the last 17 years, why hasn't someone picked up that it was Dylan's idea much earlier?

People have but the voice of people like Cullen tends to be louder. They come in saying that Dylan was a follower and it was Eric's idea and drown everything else out.

There are no journal entries of Eric's prior to what we have seen so I guess technically Eric could have had NBK thoughts first but I think looking at Dylan and his writing style, that it was his idea first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThoughtBox

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's journal.   Tue May 17, 2016 9:32 am

I'm confused.

Excellent question. Sometimes though, the most obvious things are often the hardest to see.

To me, this particular thread is one of the most interesting, and most thought-provoking ones in this entire forum.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's journal.   Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:57 am

Not to bump an old thread but I have been thinking about this a ton lately. It makes a lot of sense to me

View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's journal.   Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:12 am

Thanks for the bump [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], cause this was one of the threads I first read upon finding this forum and began learning alot from. Excellent theories and discussions.

Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's journal.   Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:17 am

ultraviolencelv wrote:
Thanks for the bump [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], cause this was one of the threads I first read upon finding this forum and began learning alot from. Excellent theories and discussions.

I just can't get over this topic it seems.  I find it ironic that so many think Dylan was a follower when it seems in reality Eric if anyone was a follower.  I think a lot of their odd interests (dark clothing, music etc) was perhaps both following Morris but other than that....

I think Eric was into guns/shooting/violence even before discussing with Dylan but I think it was a very hypothetical thing.  He was upset that people made fun of him and treated him poorly so he fantasized killing them.  But I don't think he would ever have killed anyone without the push of Dylan.  

Keep piling on the hate right?  I personally think regardless of body count that Dylan was the scarier of the 2 that day.  Thinking of him smiling while killing people is just OMFG scary to me.  

Outwardly Dylan appeared to be a follower.  Just another way he tricked everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's journal.   Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:38 am

I just can't get over this topic it seems.  I find it ironic that so many think Dylan was a follower when it seems in reality Eric if anyone was a follower.  I think a lot of their odd interests (dark clothing, music etc) was perhaps both following Morris but other than that....

I think Eric was into guns/shooting/violence even before discussing with Dylan but I think it was a very hypothetical thing.  He was upset that people made fun of him and treated him poorly so he fantasized killing them.  But I don't think he would ever have killed anyone without the push of Dylan.  

Keep piling on the hate right?  I personally think regardless of body count that Dylan was the scarier of the 2 that day.  Thinking of him smiling while killing people is just OMFG scary to me.  

Outwardly Dylan appeared to be a follower.  Just another way he tricked everyone.

Eric didn't have anyone beforehand when Dylan did. So while being his comrade eventually he was friends with Dylan's friends, and in terms of clothing and music they were influenced by Chris. Cause I think I mentioned on here long time ago that they came or Eric at least, without an identity and apparently Eric was preppy before he turned dark (lol.)
The boys both had each other unfortunately to turn their fantasies into reality. Dylan for suicide and Eric for murder. What a way for the stars to align that they had to find each other and cause this massacre. It's always fascinating to me. I always thought that if either one of the two were a chick they'd be the perfect Bonnie and Clyde! and speaking of Bonnie and Clyde, Mickey and Mallory was Dylan's fantasy anyways! He wanted NBK done with a chick but Eric was his only substitute.
Dylan definitely had everyone fooled. He was the one to win at that despite the fact that Eric had also manipulated his way out of things many a time prior to 4/20.

Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's journal.   Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:42 am

ultraviolencelv wrote:

Eric didn't have anyone beforehand when Dylan did. So while being his comrade eventually he was friends with Dylan's friends, and in terms of clothing and music they were influenced by Chris. Cause I think I mentioned on here long time ago that they came or Eric at least, without an identity and apparently Eric was preppy before he turned dark (lol.)
The boys both had each other unfortunately to turn their fantasies into reality. Dylan for suicide and Eric for murder. What a way for the stars to align that they had to find each other and cause this massacre. It's always fascinating to me. I always thought that if either one of the two were a chick they'd be the perfect Bonnie and Clyde! and speaking of Bonnie and Clyde, Mickey and Mallory was Dylan's fantasy anyways! He wanted NBK done with a chick but Eric was his only substitute.
Dylan definitely had everyone fooled. He was the one to win at that despite the fact that Eric had also manipulated his way out of things many a time prior to 4/20.

Yea Eric was somewhat of a soccer nerd and wore khaki pants and t shirts then that all changed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's journal.   Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:00 am

I wish they would have come up with a different name than NBK. I get it, Dylan wanted to do the shooting with a girl, but when it became obvious it was going to be him and Eric, they moron ably should have termed it something else. I always think of the movie Natural Born Killers where it was a man and woman on a killing spree. Just nitpicking, I guess, but I would have named it something else as 2 boys going to commit mass murder.
Back to top Go down
aquillina

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's journal.   Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:45 am

So who was the girl Dylan kept writing about throughout his journal? Any guesses?

Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's journal.   Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:15 am

So who was the girl Dylan kept writing about throughout his journal? Any guesses?

Hard to say. I have seen so much speculation about Marla, Tobin, Robyn and even Eric himself! Who do you think it may be?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's journal.   Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:34 am

Hard to say. I have seen so much speculation about Marla, Tobin, Robyn and even Eric himself! Who do you think it may be?

I think it's Eric! Haha

shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's journal.   Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:37 am

ok but in all seriousness, I think it's either Marla Foust, Kristen Theibault or Tobin Kennedy.
Marla is gorrrrrrrrrgggeeeeouuuuussssssss.

Last edited by ultraviolencelv on Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's journal.   Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:38 am

ultraviolencelv wrote:

I think it's Eric! Haha

LMAO ME TOO! Bwahahahahah

JK

I think maybe Tobin. She was the one girl we know he asked out....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aquillina

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's journal.   Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:57 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:

I think it's Eric! Haha
Yeah right! Roll
Those all seem like good guesses. But I highly doubt it was Robyn. It really could have been any girl.

shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's journal.   Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:40 pm

How unexpected would it be if Dylan had a platonically almost romantic thought towards Eric but in the most heterosexual way ever. Like, he started writing deep things about Eric and how much he meant to him....might've even felt like he loved him. Hahah maybe one of these writings were in his computer that's why he was adamant he ceased it all.

I'm just imagining here...sigh.

In all seriousness the girl really could've been anybody anyway I mean Dylan was giddy about almost anybody who was sweet to him but barely acknowledges him.

aquillina

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's journal.   Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:59 pm

He really should have delivered that love letter. I thought it was very sweet but some thought it was a bit creepy. Thoughts or comments?

Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's journal.   Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:09 pm

He really should have delivered that love letter. I thought it was very sweet but some thought it was a bit creepy. Thoughts or comments?

I don't know what I think about it. I mean if it was meant for a girl that truly did not know him at all I almost think it is good he didn't give it to her. Think if he had given it and she had ignored him? He would be even more devastated. It *could* have landed him a relationship but the way it was written I think probably not. It was a bit creepy and telling a teenage girl her love would keep him from suicide is a tall order.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's journal.   Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:34 pm

It's better that he didn't. Especially as he kept re-emphasising she hardly knew him, he could do without the rejection. Also, I think that was written as an open letter where he's really writing for himself and it never meant to be handed to her. All in all trying to keep up with Dylan's entries is a rollercoaster cause he is messy as hell.

It would be much more creepier if this girl never existed and he's speaking of an idea of someone as if she did. But, he talked about being in classes w her or whatever so.

Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's journal.   Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:55 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:
It's better that he didn't. Especially as he kept re-emphasising she hardly knew him, he could do without the rejection. Also, I think that was written as an open letter where he's really writing for himself and it never meant to be handed to her. All in all trying to keep up with Dylan's entries is a rollercoaster cause he is messy as hell.

It would be much more creepier if this girl never existed and he's speaking of an idea of someone as if she did. But, he talked about being in classes w her or whatever so.

I never thought about the hypothetical possibility of the girl being completely made up! That would be really creepy lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aquillina

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's journal.   Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:11 pm

I see ya'lls points. The way it was written makes it seem like he's begging for love. I think he could have written it differently in a way to show a more positive outlook on himself. But I doubt he would have believed in that for himself.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's journal.   

Back to top Go down

Dylan's journal.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next