Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Dylan's journal.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
jada887

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's journal.   Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:12 pm

I think you are reading too much into what Dylan's briefly writes. Dylan also writes, "maybe going NBK (gawd) with Eric is the way to break free," and he also wrote in June of 1998 that he was ending his life. It seems as if Eric has taken over the planning and execution of the plan in late 1997, and we have little mention of suicide after 1998. Before 1998, Dylan's journals mention suicide more often than homicide, aside from the juvenile jealous rages that quickly dissolve into self-pity.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Love
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's journal.   Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:16 pm

Tomb wrote:
I wish they would have come up with a different name than NBK. I get it, Dylan wanted to do the shooting with a girl, but when it became obvious it was going to be him and Eric, they moron ably should have termed it something else. I always think of the movie Natural Born Killers where it was a man and woman on a killing spree. Just nitpicking, I guess, but I would have named it something else as 2 boys going to commit mass murder.
Compare these two passages.
Quote :
Soon. . . . e ither I’ll commit suicide,or I’ll get with  Question & it will be NBK for us.
And by that, he draws a highway with the sign of 666 as in the movie. It is the route where the killer shot a police officer. Later his drawings would resemble more a lost highway.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

and
Quote :
I hate this non-thinking stasis. I’m stuck in humanity. Maybe going “NBK” (gawd) with Eric is the way to break free. I hate this.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Why he wrote NBK, and then he writes, "NBK". Why the quotation marks? If he meant that it is two different things. This is not the NBK on which he was going to go with the girl. This inscription are separated from hearts that shows that they are not addressed to Eric.
By the way, I do not like this movie.  Though the film shows the madness of the worship of psychopaths, but the senseless killing makes it nauseating. pale  Sorry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amarantha

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's journal.   Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:35 pm

NBK narrates a story, just like any other movie out there. If you want to discover the true meaning of what the director is trying to put on tape you have to watch without prejudices of any sort.
It's entirely possible that Dylan had in his mind until the very end two alternate scenarios: the one filled with rage and death ("NBK" with Eric) and the passionate one (the imaginary heaven where he fulfills his desire to be loved and accepted). That would explain that messiness in his writings, and possibly a hint to a 2nd NBK: the one which was going on in his heart, that would also have found its end on 4/20.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Love
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's journal.   Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:37 pm

Like it or not is a matter of taste.
What it means to your second NBK for Dylan? The heroes of the movie kill who they want. Dylan didn't mean it?
Quote :
Nobody will help me . . . only exist with me if it suits them. I helped, why can’t they? will get me a gun, I’ll go on my killing spree against anyone I want.
Doesn't sound like Dylan wanted to kill only himself.
Here he is talking most likely about Zach. But what he has in mind. That can make his friend, if he has a girlfriend. And so wants to do Dylan. To die together?
Quote :
Now, lucky bastard gets a perfect soulmate, who he can admit FUCKIN SUICIDE to & I get rejected for being honest about fuckin hate for jocks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
myshame

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's journal.   Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:30 pm

Reading Dylan's journal is what made me have less sympathy for him. Sure, he talks about love, but in the end, he's just as self-serving and feral and Eric.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baraboo

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's journal.   Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:25 pm

Reading this conversation about Dylan's impact on this whole event suddenly reminded me of Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka's case.In short, they were married,he had a thing about girls in their only teens,since he was obsessed with the theme of virginity.Together with Karla,he raped and killed 3 teenage girls(1st victim was Karla's younger sister).He also commited multiple rapes in Scarborough.
Karla had gained an image of a miserable woman, who participated in terrible crimes only because she was under pressure of her monster-husband. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to condone or diminish his role in this case whatsoever. But,while researching this case, I felt strange feeling of something bothering me.I found my answer during reading an article about Bernardo's life before he started his criminal career.There was a description of his violent behaviour towards his girlfriends and author marvelously pointed out on one thing :"Nobody had died before he met Karla Homolka". Yes, he was a rapist already, when he met her.But he had reached a completely new level - level,on which he commited abductions and murders,- only after their meeting.
The same thing with Eric, who is often to blame for everything(again,I am fully aware of what he had done and I'm not going to deny it) and Dylan, who is often portrayed as one of the Eric's victims.
Bernardo is a psychopath (I believe,that Eric had something of this kind,too).They both had done cruel things.But for me, their partners made a contribution to their deeds much greater,than the most of people tend to think.
I think that this whole strange thing comes from human tendency to label whatever or whoever they see around them.
I think that, when, for example a person says :"My beloved one couldn't have done this terrible thing" , it is really an attempt to deny that we failed on something. We didn't noticed that someone started doing some things that were out-of-character for him/her. We failed to get him/her help.But ( it may sound cynical,but,please,try to understand me) the main pain is rooted in our failure on navigating in this world.We feel ourselves much safer and comfortable,when we know for certain that,e.g. this person is good, and that is bad.So,when these people started to play roles which don't fit in our image of them(and world in general), we get confused and somewhat helpless.How on earth this shitty person can be kind to me?How can my wonderful child do something bad? It's wroooong!
If you presume that some person is stupid and can't reach,e.g. great academic results,it doesn't mean that things have to be this way.
If you presume that your child is wonderful and kind and etc.,it doesn't mean that he/she is. And it certainly won't prevent him/her from making mistakes.
It's just a picture that you've created in your mind.It might have nothing to do with reality.
The whole thing of name-calling,bullying and this theme of demonizing one of the boys while searching for excuse for another, Sue's attempts to relieve Dylan from responsibility which she mentioned-these phenomena have,I believe,one thing in common.
It is our attempt to keep ourselves safe by knowing for certain what is bad for us,what is good, which person can be right for us, which is wrong. We make decisions and give definitions to everything and everyone around us, and behave ourselves accordingly,in order to survive.We want to feel that we are in charge.
The thing is,we aren't. And this thought hurts

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smiggles94

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's journal.   Mon May 08, 2017 5:28 am

I heard sue say her son was popular and eric was not.
Maybe it was Dylan's idea and eric was he's last choice. And eric was just an angry sheep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moordenaar

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's journal.   Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:18 pm

His hair looked like Mickey's when he wore it in a ponytail.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's journal.   

Back to top Go down

Dylan's journal.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3