Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Bones - Teenwitch - An Album for Columbine

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
anonacc489

PostSubject: Bones - Teenwitch - An Album for Columbine   Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:20 am

So while fucking about on /mu/, I happened across an entire mixtape/album made by some dude which has all the songs based on Columbine.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I like it.

Unforunately it seems his portrayal of the shooting is just the whole "they were bullied Sad" thing, but still, a good listen none the less.

Note: Go to the video, go to the description - you can find the track listing there.

I apologize if this is the wrong section for this, but I wasn't sure where else to put it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eli27

PostSubject: Re: Bones - Teenwitch - An Album for Columbine   Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:26 am

BombsInTheLunchroom and TheCafeteria are two of my favourite songs.

Rest of the album is pretty hit n miss.

Archvile

PostSubject: Re: Bones - Teenwitch - An Album for Columbine   Wed May 25, 2016 12:35 pm

Interesting how he gained access to the building, other than that its just some guy's auto-tuned voice as he rambles random words. I don't like how he claims to look like Dylan. He looks nothing like him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Bones - Teenwitch - An Album for Columbine   Sun May 29, 2016 6:14 am

The album's pretty damn bad imo (the production, vocals etc just simply do not appeal to me musically at all - it all seems very amateur), with the one exception being the song "Cotton" which I found surprisingly touching. I appreciate the message behind that song considering the majority of the album seems to kind of glorify Eric and Dylan. I understand it was a concept album and the songs are from different perspectives (obviously with a massive emphasis on his personal interpretation of Eric and Dylan's point of view), but that was the overall vibe I felt from the album. I guess the cringe-worthy Bones fans posting all over youtube praising Eric and Dylan's actions don't help matters, either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kfirprods

PostSubject: Re: Bones - Teenwitch - An Album for Columbine   Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:13 pm

The TeenWitch album is what brought me to take interest in the columbine events in the 1st place. I was born in '97 and I'm not american, so I've never heard of the columbine massacre before. After listening to the album a couple of times and digging into the lyrics, I just had to watch documentaries and "I'm Not Ashamed".

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], look at him with his long hair and the trench coat. He sorta looks like Dylan

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I must point out that most bones fans do not praise Eric and Dylan; true fans understood the neutrality of the album, seeing as all perspectives are portrayed throughout the album.

Bones was not justifying Eric and Dylan; the only opinion he expressed was criticism against the police, who took too long to enter the high school (in 'ParkingLotWitness').

Only song that I couldn't really relate to the massacre is the BackToSchool.

Anyway, the original link is no longer available, but Bones music is entirely free. You can find the full album here
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1Mare1
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Bones - Teenwitch - An Album for Columbine   Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:22 pm

One of my favorites (I dislike rap, but there are some exceptions):
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mordupen

PostSubject: Re: Bones - Teenwitch - An Album for Columbine   Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:55 pm

Complete Shit. And isn't it funny how a Fan would make music like this about them despite the fact that they would surely hate it.

kfirprods

PostSubject: Re: Bones - Teenwitch - An Album for Columbine   Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:58 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Complete Shit. And isn't it funny how a Fan would make music like this about them despite the fact that they would surely hate it.
Bones is not a fan of Dylan and Eric.
On some songs he portrays their perspective, while other songs are written from the view of victims and witnesses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marlboro

PostSubject: Re: Bones - Teenwitch - An Album for Columbine   Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:54 pm

yeah, i can def agree on the fact that it's a hit n miss, but i feel as if some songs on it are underrated tho

for example, BackToSchool, the happy voice hiding behind the calls for help was a really good move on bone's part

and i think that's the thing most people don't realize about this album, of course bones isn't going to directly only talk about dylan, eric, or even columbine the whole album in every song. the songs in between others are meant to capture an emotion, you're supposed to realize the tone & feeling that's coming up, but everyone expected nothing but a first person story from this album

Back to top Go down
View user profile
kfirprods

PostSubject: Re: Bones - Teenwitch - An Album for Columbine   Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:42 am

yeah, i can def agree on the fact that it's a hit n miss, but i feel as if some songs on it are underrated tho

for example, BackToSchool, the happy voice hiding behind the calls for help was a really good move on bone's part

and i think that's the thing most people don't realize about this album, of course bones isn't going to directly only talk about dylan, eric, or even columbine the whole album in every song. the songs in between others are meant to capture an emotion, you're supposed to realize the tone & feeling that's coming up, but everyone expected nothing but a first person story from this album

I like your analysis of BackToSchool. So the song is probably about the early emotions of Dylan/Eric (or both).
"Why your answer's no when I say I love you more" - always seemed to me like that's addressed at a girl, though and I couldn't link it to the neither Dylan or Eric.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Bones - Teenwitch - An Album for Columbine
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1