Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dylan's mental state

Go down 
+20
Freezingmoon
sscc
Hectic
Gctiger
PaintItBlack
Undyne
ThoughtBox
lasttrain
Sane One
Lizpuff
bubbles
TaylorsMom
Jenn
Squid
shades
em81
Belladonna
Draw_It_White
astrospace92
NotYourRobot
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 78986
Forum Reputation : 38

Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 8:48 pm

If they have to psych themselves out and carry on for one another, wouldn't it be such a devastating irony that they didn't have the guts to tell one another not to do it that day? and if I were to name which between the two that probably didn't want it to happen deep down, it'd be Eric.

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 83171
Forum Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 11:37 pm

Jenn wrote:
liquorvamp wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] what do you mean
Lance Kirklin looked up at Dylan and asked him for help, Dylan said 'Sure, I'll help you' and then shot him in the face. I don't know, but to me, that doesn't sound like someone who has a problem shooting people they spoke to.

And there was another boy in the Library. I'm not exactly sure which one but he said something like 'Haven't you done enough?" to Dylan and Eric and they gave him some smart ass remark and then shot and killed him as well.

These were ruthless murderers. These were killers who shot and killed innocent children. These were killers who ran around laughing and making fun of their victims before they shot them. How anyone can come to the conclusion that they couldn't kill anyone they spoke to is beyond me. They called people wimps, they called people 4 eyes, they mocked their victims who screamed in agony for help. They called Isiah a 'nigger' and tried to pull him out from under a table for Christ's sake and ruthlessly murdered him as he cried for his Mother. These are not Gods, they are not Heroes, they did not have any second thoughts as they were carrying their murders out and they most certainly had no problem shooting someone they spoke to.

This is something we all should read when we ever start feeling sympathetic for E/D. Sometimes, I feel, we forget about all these terrible, terrible things mentioned here; and we should never lose sight of that while discussing, analyzing, and considering the Columbine case.

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 11:39 pm

astrospace92 wrote:
Radioactive_Clothing wrote:
I think both of them probably at some stages throughout the morning had second thoughts (briefly).

That's why they had the decoy bomb, left the stuff lying around at home etc - to minimalise the chances of turning back.

I expect they may have even had them when the cafeteria bombs didn't go off for a few seconds then Eric snapped out of it. "GO GO" and the first shot was fired - that's when there were no more second thoughts after that.

It really gives me chills thinking about that spilt second when the past the point of no return.

Same here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Once the second that very first shot was fired, it sealed both their death warrants and there was no going back.

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
astrospace92

astrospace92

Contribution Points : 73378
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 11:48 pm

ThoughtBox wrote:
astrospace92 wrote:
I think both of them probably at some stages throughout the morning had second thoughts (briefly).

That's why they had the decoy bomb, left the stuff lying around at home etc - to minimalise the chances of turning back.

I expect they may have even had them when the cafeteria bombs didn't go off for a few seconds then Eric snapped out of it. "GO GO" and the first shot was fired - that's when there were no more second thoughts after that.

It really gives me chills thinking about that spilt second when the past the point of no return.

Same here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Once the second that very first shot was fired, it sealed both their death warrants and there was no going back.

And the reality of it was… it really didn't have to be.
I guess as well, even if they did think to just stop, they were still under the assumption the bombs we going to go off ...at some point anyway…

I wonder if it Eric/Dylan had done it alone they could have turned away, like a few others have said before, I think they didn't want to "let each other down"
Back to top Go down
astrospace92

astrospace92

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 11:53 pm

ThoughtBox wrote:
Jenn wrote:
liquorvamp wrote:
Lance Kirklin looked up at Dylan and asked him for help, Dylan said 'Sure, I'll help you' and then shot him in the face. I don't know, but to me, that doesn't sound like someone who has a problem shooting people they spoke to.

And there was another boy in the Library. I'm not exactly sure which one but he said something like 'Haven't you done enough?" to Dylan and Eric and they gave him some smart ass remark and then shot and killed him as well.

These were ruthless murderers. These were killers who shot and killed innocent children. These were killers who ran around laughing and making fun of their victims before they shot them. How anyone can come to the conclusion that they couldn't kill anyone they spoke to is beyond me. They called people wimps, they called people 4 eyes, they mocked their victims who screamed in agony for help. They called Isiah a 'nigger' and tried to pull him out from under a table for Christ's sake and ruthlessly murdered him as he cried for his Mother. These are not Gods, they are not Heroes, they did not have any second thoughts as they were carrying their murders out and they most certainly had no problem shooting someone they spoke to.

This is something we all should read when we ever start feeling sympathetic for E/D. Sometimes, I feel, we forget about all these terrible, terrible things mentioned here; and we should never lose sight of that while discussing, analyzing, and considering the Columbine case.

I think sometimes we can get so wrapped up in the "WHY it happened" we can shadow/forget what IT actually was…. Embarassed

Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 12:22 am

astrospace92 wrote:
ThoughtBox wrote:
Jenn wrote:
liquorvamp wrote:

I think sometimes we can get so wrapped up in the "WHY it happened" we can shadow/forget what IT actually was…. Embarassed

Ain't that the truth!

Back to top Go down
astrospace92

astrospace92

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 12:31 am

ThoughtBox wrote:
astrospace92 wrote:
ThoughtBox wrote:
Jenn wrote:
liquorvamp wrote:

Ain't that the truth!

Reading over my posts I see it… "taking the massacre out of the equation…" / "regardless of the incident…" / "imagine Columbine didn't happen and consider…"

That's all very well, Astrospace92, but we CAN'T disregard it, because that one day pales the previous 18 years of their existence into insignificance!

It's a though one, because you can't explain the massacre without analysing E & D and you can't analyse E & D without the massacre.
Back to top Go down
Squid

Contribution Points : 73721

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 1:09 am

I'll always have sympathy and compassion for E&D no matter what people say. I know full well what they did all the pain they caused. I don't think people will truly understand where they are coming from unless you lived and experienced the same. Here's a quote:
"When this life makes you mad enough to kill
That's Rock Bottom
When you want something bad enough to steal
That's Rock Bottom
When you feel like you've had it up to here
'Cause you're mad enough to scream but you're sad enough to tear"
I've lived through depression and being suicidal since I was 15. I'm 25 now. I don't see D&E as JUST psycho mentally ill cowardly murders as most people see them as. They were nice to the people who really knew them. They let some go while they could have killed them. They did this bcos those people treated them nice like they were humans. It's this difference that makes them human. And are worthy of compassion and sympathy. And I am getting sick of all the sick hate towards them. Adios.
Back to top Go down
Undyne

Contribution Points : 101138
Forum Reputation : 27

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 1:23 am

Quote :
They were nice to the people who really knew them.

Were they being nice when they manipulated Robyn into buying them their murder weapons?
Were they being nice when they committed the massacre, knowing full well that it would hurt everyone that knew them?
Back to top Go down
Squid

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 1:29 am

They liked Robyn. They paid for it she got it because she was 18 they weren't. They said if it wasn't her it was going to be someone else. And to leave all there friends alone bcos it's not any of their fault. I bet Robyn still likes Dylan after everything.
I'm not going to bother answering the second question. Your not grasping anything I'm trying to explain before.
Back to top Go down
Undyne

Contribution Points : 101138
Forum Reputation : 27

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 1:46 am

Squid wrote:
They liked Robyn. They paid for it she got it because she was 18 they weren't. They said if it wasn't her it was going to be someone else. And to leave all there friends alone bcos it's not any of their fault. I bet Robyn still likes Dylan after everything.

They were absolutely aware that she would get in trouble because of this.  They didn't care because they were selfish assholes who put their own interests ahead of everyone else. Actual friends who actually have strong bonds do not do this.

Quote :
I'm not going to bother answering the second question. Your not grasping anything I'm trying to explain before.

The compassion of Eric Harris, in all its glory:

"Morris, Nate, if you guys live, I want you guys to have whatever you want from my room and the computer room."

My sympathy for Eric and Dylan begins and ends with the fact that they were hurting inside so badly that they wanted to die.  That is it, and it is not sympathy that burns very brightly considering that there are so many people who are also hurting inside who don't resort to violence.

Last edited by Undyne on Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Belladonna

Contribution Points : 73714

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 2:54 am

I sympathise for the people they could've been, not how they turned out. I'm sure it's the same for their friends and family.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 78986
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 3:07 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] "My sympathy for Eric and Dylan begins and ends with the fact that they were hurting inside so badly that they wanted to die. That is it, and it is not a sympathy that burns very brightly considering that there are so many people who are also hurting inside who don't resort to violence.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] "I sympathise for the people they could've been, not how they turned out. I'm sure it's the same for their friends and family.”

Very well put you guys.

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 95816
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 5:23 am

Squid wrote:
I'll always have sympathy and compassion for E&D no matter what people say. I know full well what they did all the pain they caused. I don't think people will truly understand where they are coming from unless you lived and experienced the same. Here's a quote:
That's Rock Bottom
That's Rock Bottom
I've lived through depression and being suicidal since I was 15. I'm 25 now. I don't see D&E as JUST psycho mentally ill cowardly murders as most people see them as. They were nice to the people who really knew them. They let some go while they could have killed them. They did this bcos those people treated them nice like they were humans. It's this difference that makes them human. And are worthy of compassion and sympathy. And I am getting sick of all the sick hate towards them. Adios.

Squid,I thank you deeply for this post.What you said here is what has always been in my heart towards E &D and what I've tried to express.
I too, have lived through some of the things you have and experienced them for a lot of years along with feeling the same way E &D did and wanting to do the same thing they did with a close friend of mine.It took a lot to come out the other side.
Back to top Go down
Squid

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 6:59 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] glad to hear it. Hope life is treating you much better.
Back to top Go down
bubbles

Contribution Points : 74267

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 10:26 am

ThoughtBox wrote:
Jenn wrote:
liquorvamp wrote:

Thank you, guys! Refreshing to see amongst all the E&D apologists.
Back to top Go down
bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 10:32 am

Squid wrote:
That's Rock Bottom
That's Rock Bottom

You speak like Eric, Dylan and yourself are the only ones who've suffered from crippling depression for years. I myself was chronically depressed and suicidal for years, funnily enough since around the age of fifteen, too.

As someone said, I will have sympathy for the people they never grew to be, but certainly not for the people they ultimately became, and depression or not, nothing justifies what they did in their final hours.
Back to top Go down
Squid

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 10:43 am

"You speak like Eric, Dylan and yourself are the only ones who've suffered from crippling depression for years."
I don't know why you think that and I don't care. Funnily enough your assumptions are wasting my time. Now goodnight.
Back to top Go down
bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 11:09 am

Can you just answer this one question honestly: would you still have compassion for Eric and Dylan if the one person you love the most in the world was in that library, hiding and trembling under a desk in terror before they caught the attention of E&D because of something as simple as their skin color, were called a hateful slur, yanked at by Dylan in a likely attempt to arrange a more public execution as they fearfully pleaded "no, no no" whilst others silently looked on in horror, only to then have a shotgun slug fired by Eric (yes, fired from that same powerful shotgun you see in Rampart Range) rip through their chest, causing immense and fatal damage to them?

Can you honestly say if that happened to someone you loved that you would still have compassion for Eric and Dylan and that they had a valid point for doing that? (you mentioned you believed that Eric and Dylan had valid points for murdering their victims in another thread).
Back to top Go down
Squid

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 11:16 am

If I answered this question thoroughly I'd have to explain why I think E&D had a valid point to get across. But to keep it short, as I've said before the very few people who I love are immensely outcasts themselves. It is most likely E&D would understand them and would have been at least good acquaintances at school. My loved ones would have shown them respect and kindness before NBK and I believe E&D would have spared them. If they did so happen to die from cross fire, etc. I can make peace with that. Everyone dies one time or another. I don't think death is the ultimate karma. I don't think death is a bad thing it's a natural thing. And I don't believe in karma do to speak. Gtg now.
Back to top Go down
bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 12:04 pm

Squid wrote:
If I answered this question thoroughly I'd have to explain why I think E&D had a valid point to get across. But to keep it short, as I've said before the very few people who I love are immensely outcasts themselves. It is most likely E&D would understand them and would have been at least good acquaintances at school. My loved ones would have shown them respect and kindness before NBK and I believe E&D would have spared them. If they did so happen to die from cross fire, etc. I can make peace with that. Everyone dies one time or another. I don't think death is the ultimate karma. I don't think death is a bad thing it's a natural thing. And I don't believe in karma do to speak. Gtg now.

And what if they never even had the opportunity to show respect and kindness to E&D? Surely you're aware that E&D didn't even know most of their victims? Would you be at peace if someone you loved who wasn't acquainted with Eric or Dylan at all (thus never had the opportunity to be on friendly terms with them) was violently and deliberately killed by either one of them?

I also have issues with some of your other statements not exactly making sense in context of your argument but would prefer to focus on the above scenario. Genuinely interested in receiving a straightforward response from you.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95424
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 4:12 pm

So I have a question for both sides on this thread.

Let's say a bunch of E&D's friends decided to go the library that day. Zack, Nate, Erik V, Mike etc....do you think they would have shot them or spared them?

I am not sure either way. I don't know if they would have let a giant group of 6 or 7 guys go...but I don't know if they would be able to shoot them.
They thought they could handle the impersonal nature of blowing their friends up, but could they look into their faces and shoot them? I don't know.

Gctiger

Contribution Points : 74788

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 5:45 pm

Squid wrote:

You do know they had full intentions to actually blow up their school and kill over 200 people, right?  You do realize they told their FRIENDS "IF you live" in the basement tapes, right?  For every person they "spared" they murdered someone in cold blood.  Your defense of them has become borderline Tumblr fangirlish,  and you back up your positions and "debate" like a sassy 13 year old who doesn't get their way.
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 11:32 pm

Lizpuff wrote:

Let's say a bunch of E&D's friends decided to go the library that day.  Zack, Nate, Erik V, Mike etc....do you think they would have shot them or spared them?  

I am not sure either way.  I don't know if they would have let a giant group of 6 or 7 guys go...but I don't know if they would be able to shoot them.  
They thought they could handle the impersonal nature of blowing their friends up, but could they look into their faces and shoot them?  I don't know.

I don't think they would have done it.

Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 11:39 pm

Squid wrote:
If I answered this question thoroughly I'd have to explain why I think E&D had a valid point to get across.

Speaking of which, while I personally condemn every single thing about Columbine, I have read serious academic research that argued that E/D's valid point was a political statement about the dehumanization of public high schools, and the act itself was a political act of defiance against the larger US educational system, ad nauseum. That's not to say I agree with that, but it's interesting to note that some academics have had the same conversations that we are having here in this forum. I suppose one could come up with all sorts of "valid" points about why E/D did what they did.

I see it simply as two mentally ill youth who both, to certain degrees, wanted to die, and in the process say a resounding "FUCK YOU" to as many people as possible before cashing in their chips...this includes institutions, family, friends, acquaintances, and people unknown to them for the foreseeable future as long as their atrocities are recounted and remembered.

Back to top Go down
bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 11:46 pm

Gctiger wrote:
You do know they had full intentions to actually blow up their school and kill over 200 people, right?  You do realize they told their FRIENDS "IF you live" in the basement tapes, right?  For every person they "spared" they murdered someone in cold blood.  Your defense of them has become borderline Tumblr fangirlish,  and you back up your positions and "debate" like a sassy 13 year old who doesn't get their way.

Thank you. It's interesting to hear someone try and justify the deaths of 13 innocent people with their own warped logic.

Lizpuff wrote:

Let's say a bunch of E&D's friends decided to go the library that day.  Zack, Nate, Erik V, Mike etc....do you think they would have shot them or spared them?  

I believe that all of them would have been spared. They let John Savage go and they weren't even exactly friends with him.
Back to top Go down
bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 12:03 am

ThoughtBox wrote:
Speaking of which, while I personally condemn every single thing about Columbine, I have read serious academic research that argued that E/D's valid point was a political statement about the dehumanization of public high schools, and the act itself was a political act of defiance against the larger US educational system, ad nauseum. That's not to say I agree with that, but it's interesting to note that some academics have had the same conversations that we are having here in this forum. I suppose one could come up with all sorts of "valid" points about why E/D did what they did.

That is interesting, but their hate wasn't simply bound to their high school. It was for humanity in general, so not exactly sure if that theory stacks up. And in relation to the "valid points" for them committing the massacre, I guess everyone has their own personal reasons for doing what they do, but did they actually have proper grounds to kill and harm these people? I think people looking at this from a reasonable perspective would say no.

ThoughtBox wrote:
I see it simply as two mentally ill youth who both, to certain degrees, wanted to die, and in the process say a resounding "FUCK YOU" to as many people as possible before cashing in their chips...this includes institutions, family, friends, acquaintances, and people unknown to them for the foreseeable future as long as their atrocities are recounted and remembered.

Yes, I very much agree with this statement.

Last edited by bubbles on Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
em81

Contribution Points : 100499
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 12:03 am

[quote="bubbles"]
Gctiger wrote:

I believe that all of them would have been spared. They let John Savage go and they weren't even exactly friends with him.

I agree. Dylan also spared Tim Castle, if I am right he was a friend of one of their friends (can´t remember his name)
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118020
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 2:34 am

Squid wrote:
I don't think death is a bad thing it's a natural thing.
Being shot to death or blown up as a teenager is not natural. It's murder. A natural death is when your body shuts down from natural causes.

Off Topic: To everyone posting in this thread, Please try and be civil to each other. This thread is beginning to get a little out of hand. Not everyone has the same views and/or opinions and you don't have to be mean to people to get your point across.

Back to top Go down
Squid

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 2:40 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I said I think DEATH is a natural thing. I did not say anything about HOW you die. I had to keep my response short. I was trying to touch upon every other comment previously on the thread as well. Mostly to the other user talking about bad karma.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 3:54 am

I have to say that I think some people on this board don't know, don't understand or maybe don't care what events in our lives made some of us become Columbiners in the first place.I was put through years of abuse by my classmates.Yes, abuse. Not just teasing or fun. wasn't a few jocks,preps and cheerleaders.It was most people in the school.
Everyone crapped on my best friend and I and enjoyed doing it.
My best friend who I wanted to do the shooting with back then taken by 3 popular boys , gang raped repeatedly, then they took her clothes , and she was forced to walk 6 miles naked and bleeding for help.
The boys got away scott free with this.Instead my friend and  her family were threatened and harassed until they became so scared they pressured her to drop the charges.
When she went back to school she was taunted unmercifully about the rape by almost everyone.
Graffiti  making fun of the rape appeared all over school.Nobody would help her so 3 weeks into her senior year she quit.She is still extrememly sympathetic to E &D today.
Before you judge all of us as bad people or stupid or just not having any morals, perhaps you should pause and think Hey, maybe there's a story there.
Back to top Go down
bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 4:17 am

PaintItBlack wrote:
I have to say that I think some people on this board don't know, don't understand or maybe don't care what events in our lives made some of us become Columbiners in the first place.I was put through years of abuse by my classmates.Yes, abuse. Not just teasing or fun. wasn't a few jocks,preps and cheerleaders.It was most people in the school.
My best friend who I wanted to do the shooting with back then taken by 3 popular boys , gang raped repeatedly, then they took her clothes , and she was forced to walk 6 miles naked and bleeding for help.
The boys got away scott free with this.Instead my friend and  her family were threatened and harassed until they became so scared they pressured her to drop the charges.
When she went back to school she was taunted unmercifully about the rape by almost everyone.
Graffiti  making fun of the rape appeared all over school.Nobody would help her so 3 weeks into her senior year she quit.She is still extrememly sympathetic to E &D today.
Before you judge all of us as bad people or stupid or just not having any morals, perhaps you should pause and think Hey, maybe there's a story there.

^That is awful, but as horrible as those events are, they would still not justify you seeking revenge by killing innocent kids that had nothing to do with the bullying you and your friend experienced (even then, I don't think that killing bullies themselves is a rational way to deal with the problem).

As I keep mentioning over and over again, Eric and Dylan did not even know most of their victims. They were the ones who actually bullied/taunted and killed people who they never even knew before killing them. And they get praised by misguided people as some type of heroes?

We don't even know for sure the extent of the bullying that Eric and Dylan were subjected to. As I've mentioned before, there has been accounts that they bullied and intimidated others prior to columbine. For all the sympathy Eric and Dylan receive for their high school years, they sure seemed to have a fair amount of friends and going by accounts, interacted with many of their classmates without many issues. They both had fairly normal interactions with girls. From what we know, they came from nice families.

They even had a friend who we all know by the name of Robyn Anderson, who actually ensured that the boys got their guns and they repaid her favour by shitting all over her, their families and their friends with their own selfish actions. E&D's friends and Robyn could have potentially died in the cafeteria bombs if everything had gone according to plan, but did that concern Eric and Dylan? Not enough to not go through with their plans.

I'm pretty sure there are kids out there who have gone through way worse things growing up than what Eric or Dylan did, but still didn't use their awful circumstances as an excuse to lash out and gleefully going on a murdering spree, killing innocent people.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 4:27 am

bubbles wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
Graffiti  making fun of the rape appeared all over school.Nobody would help her so 3 weeks into her senior year she quit.She is still extremely sympathetic to E &D today.

^That is awful, but as horrible as those events are, they would still not justify you seeking revenge by killing innocent kids that had nothing to do with the bullying you and your friend experienced (even then, I don't think that killing bullies themselves is a rational way to deal with the problem).

As I keep mentioning over and over again, Eric and Dylan did not even know most of their victims. They were the ones who actually bullied/taunted and killed people who they never even knew before killing them. And they get praised by misguided people as some type of heroes?

We don't even know for sure the extent of the bullying that Eric and Dylan were subjected to. As I've mentioned before, there has been accounts that they bullied and intimidated others prior to columbine. For all the sympathy Eric and Dylan receive for their high school years, they sure seemed to have a fair amount of friends and going by accounts, interacted with many of their classmates without many issues. They both had fairly normal interactions with girls. From what we know, they came from nice families.

They even had a friend who we all know by the name of Robyn Anderson, who actually ensured that the boys got their guns and they repaid her favour by shitting all over her, their families and their friends with their own selfish actions. E&D's friends and Robyn could have potentially died in the cafeteria bombs if everything had gone according to plan, but did that concern Eric and Dylan? Not enough to not go through with their plans.

I'm pretty sure there are kids out there who have gone through way worse things growing up than what Eric or Dylan did, but still didn't use their awful circumstances as an excuse to lash out and gleefully going on a murdering spree, killing innocent people.

I don't think it would justify it now but it sure felt justified then.I now don't believe killing is right but maybe 1% of the kids in my school were innocent. If they weren't doing the bullying themselves they were laughing and enjoying the humiliation of others
I don't subscribe to the Cullen version of E &D. Sorry. I never will.

I believe that anyone who has experienced the level of bulling that I have would understand why I am a Columbiner .
They might not agree with being one themselves but most would understand.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 4:41 am

Well, I have locked this thread and it's probably going to be deleted because all of you decided to ignore me when I said to keep the conversation civil. Calling each other names is NOT keeping the conversation civil and it goes against the rules of this forum. The next member who personally insults another member will be banned from this forum for 2 weeks. This is the last warning I will give.

I suggest all of you step back and take a breather before posting again on this forum.

Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 7:38 am

After cleaning up this mess of a thread, I have re-opened it. Some of you lost posts. Anything that was posted that broke our forum rules by name calling/insulting other members has been deleted. I hope all of you have calmed down and if you wish to continue to post in this thread, then keep it civil and have some respect for the other members who post in here. If you don't like or agree with someone's opinion, you can debate it with them without lowering yourself to name calling and throwing around insults.

Thank you.

Back to top Go down
Gctiger

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 8:27 am

Jenn wrote:
After cleaning up this mess of a thread, I have re-opened it. Some of you lost posts. Anything that was posted that broke our forum rules by name calling/insulting other members has been deleted. I hope all of you have calmed down and if you wish to continue to post in this thread, then keep it civil and have some respect for the other members who post in here. If you don't like or agree with someone's opinion, you can debate it with them without lowering yourself to name calling and throwing around insults.

Thank you.

I apologize if I broke any forum rules.  I must've seeing that all but one of my posts were deleted, even my post that simply asked Squid to expand on how I was taking her out of context.  That post, I know for a fact, did not break any forum rules.  Squid's post in which she calls us "ants" has not been deleted, I see.  Debating on someone's differing opinion is one thing.  But this isn't the first, nor I guess the last time this person will antagonize posters with petty name-calling and just outright immaturity.  

I may not have been in a dark place like some on the site have been.  I may not have this internalized want to defend E&D every chance I get.  But I do find, and have found Columbine interesting for many years.  I realize that this board's purpose is to discuss the event and that sometimes people's opinions may clash.  But I would think on most message boards, posters who are of the "opinion" that cold, heartless, and violent murder of innocent children is a "revolution" would more than likely have their posting privileges revoked.  These people do not need to be posting on message boards, let alone message boards about a high school shooting.  They need psychiatric help.  If these are the type of people who will post here, I think I rather do what I have done since this board was on the RPG site in 2011 and lurk instead.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 8:58 am

Gctiger wrote:
Jenn wrote:

Thank you.

I apologize if I broke any forum rules.  I must've seeing that all but one of my posts were deleted, even my post that simply asked Squid to expand on how I was taking her out of context.  That post, I know for a fact, did not break any forum rules.  Squid's post in which she calls us "ants" has not been deleted, I see.  Debating on someone's differing opinion is one thing.  But this isn't the first, nor I guess the last time this person will antagonize posters with petty name-calling and just outright immaturity.  

I may not have been in a dark place like some on the site have been.  I may not have this internalized want to defend E&D every chance I get.  But I do find, and have found Columbine interesting for many years.  I realize that this board's purpose is to discuss the event and that sometimes people's opinions may clash.  But I would think on most message boards, posters who are of the "opinion" that cold, heartless, and violent murder of innocent children is a "revolution" would more than likely have their posting privileges revoked.  These people do not need to be posting on message boards, let alone message boards about a high school shooting.  They need psychiatric help.  If these are the type of people who will post here, I think I rather do what I have done since this board was on the RPG site in 2011 and lurk instead.
You may not have been the one to make a post that was breaking the rules. If you quoted someone who left a post that was riddled with name calling and insults, then your post was deleted too but only because of who you were quoting. Or if you left a post and then someone responded to you with insults, then that was deleted too. Any conversations where either of the people were name calling was removed.

I cannot revoke someone's posting privilege simply because of their opinion. I understand that it's difficult to see people defending heartless and cruel murderers. Especially ones who killed innocent children, but that is their right to have that opinion whether others agree with it or not. In running my forum fairly, I have to remain unbiased and in this particular situation [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] was not the only one throwing around insults. Anyone who was involved in this fight (you all know who you are) have been given a warning about name calling. None of you have been banned and none of you have had any posting privileges taken away. The next time some calls another member a name, then I have no choice but to ban you.  

Also, it's not up anyone here, be it the staff members or forum members to tell someone else to get mental help. We are not here to evaluate anyone's mental ability to post on a message board. We are here to discuss the Columbine tragedy civilly and with respect towards others.

And no 'these types of people' obviously are not going to get away with talking to others and posting like that on this forum (as you can see by this thread). I'm not trying to encourage anyone to stop participating on the board, I am simply asking you to be civil and respectful towards each other and if you just cannot do that, then some people might just be better off not to interact with at all. This thread was going no where. It was just an argument going back and forth calling each other names or mocking others for their opinions.

I've decided to reopen the thread, but as I've said, any posts that broke our rules (be it what you posted or what you quoted) has been deleted. You can continue the conversations in this thread but please keep it civil. That's all I ask.

Edit: I must have missed the 'ants' post the first time around but I went back through the thread and it has been removed. If you anyone has an issue with any of the other posts in this thread, please let me know and I will take a look at it/remove it.

Back to top Go down
Squid

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 9:42 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] yes I have an issue with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]'s post saying I should be banned and need psychiatric help. This is offensive. He does not know me nor will he ever.

Also [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]'s post saying "Your defense of them has become borderline Tumblr fangirlish,  and you back up your positions and "debate" like a sassy 13 year old who doesn't get their way." I have not slandered her before this so I don't know why she is trying to slander me. This is bullying.
Back to top Go down
bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 11:39 am

PaintItBlack wrote:

I  don't think it would justify it now but it sure felt justified then.I now don't believe killing is right but maybe 1% of the kids in my school were innocent. If they weren't doing the bullying themselves they were laughing and enjoying  the humiliation of others
I don't subscribe to the Cullen version of E &D. Sorry. I never will.

I  believe that anyone who has experienced the level of bulling that I have would understand why I am a Columbiner .
They might not agree with being one themselves but most would understand.

It sounds like you and your friend had a terrible time in high school which I am sorry to hear, however, I do find it difficult to believe that 99% of the people there were either bullies themselves or condoned bullying. Did you attend a small high school and did you personally know everyone there?

I haven't read Dave Cullen's book. I've done a lot of research about Columbine on and off over the years and have come to my own conclusions.

I find it a bit thoughtless when people keep saying that only those who have been bullied or depressed can truly "get" Eric and Dylan. As I've mentioned before, I have gone through terrible depression in my teenage years that lasted into my twenties and have suffered low self esteem throughout my life for various reasons, even as a child. As someone who is of mixed race who attended a small, predominantly European elementary school, I was treated as an outsider by some and was even subjected to racial abuse. Being called hateful names or being made to feel inferior for something as basic as the color of your skin doesn't exactly do wonders for a child's self-worth. Granted, not everyone treated me this way, but that is just one of the earliest examples where I can relate to feeling like an outcast amongst my peers. Things took a turn for the worse in high school, but for other reasons.

I just don't understand how someone could possibly excuse Eric and Dylan specifically singling Isaiah out to die based on something as simple as his skin color and "making sure the nigger is dead". Is that not bullying taken to an extreme level? And despite conflicting reports, there's nothing solid that indicates Eric and Dylan even knew Isaiah. If they did, that's certainly not the impression given to witnesses in the library. I can't understand why people would try and justify any of their victims being subjected to what they experienced that day.

When I was an angry, depressed teenager, did I truthfully have some fantasies about seeking some type of revenge on people who had treated me badly? Yes. Thankfully, I never acted on those thoughts or did anything drastic. Did I fantasize about seeking revenge by means of killing innocent people? No, because that wouldn't have even made sense.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 97168
Forum Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 11:39 am

These people who defend what Eric and Dylan did because they felt like they were wronged in the same ways at high school really do sicken me.

I sometimes sit at home and shake my head in disbelief at some of the things written.
Back to top Go down
Squid

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 12:27 pm

My family are survivors of genocide. I know what it's like to come from a different cultural background.
Too me when E&D called Isaiah a nigger it's the same as when they made fun of others before shooting them. Weather it be about their religion, there glasses, or their weight. It doesn't stand out as anything special than their other victims. I believe they were imitating how they were bullied. In their last minutes they got to be the bully. They got to show everyone how they were treated. How they felt. It was their revenge. Isaiah wore a white hat he was an athlete. He was in with the jocks. He might not have been aware. But he was following quota. No one is truly innocent. Look at the bigger picture. Their plan was not to kill 13 people. It was all improvised. Sometimes I wish they blew up the whole school. Maybe more people would understand. They were not just murdering "innocents". They were murdering the extremely flawed school system. They were murdering the fucked up society. They could have gone the Ghandi or MLK route. But when a whisper becomes a scream. You need to tear it all down. Show no mercy.
Back to top Go down
bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 1:14 pm

Okay, I appreciate you explaining your angle (despite the fact the I vehemently disagree with it), but in another thread you compared the reasoning behind the actions of the Boston bombers to what Eric and Dylan's were, noting there were obvious differences between those reasons, but pointing out the similarity in the fact that they apprently had to do this to get their message across. Do you really believe that it was right that Martin Richard, an 8 year old boy, died so the Tsarnaev brothers could make their statement in that way? When you say that no one is truly innocent, do you believe that also applies to an 8 year old boy who, according to a veteran military combat surgeon, suffered an immensely painful death in the explosion? I just want to know where you'll draw the line.
Back to top Go down
Squid

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 3:52 pm

I appreciate that you appreciated me shedding more light on my stance with D&E.
I thought bombing in the Boston marathon crowd was kind of pathetic. But I understand why they did it. I do not sympathize or agree with much of the Tsarnaev brothers actions. But more on their motivations. Therefore the death of the 8 year old was a bit unnecessary. But do understand lots of very young children have died by the US military. That was one of their points.
And to add to the record I HATE HATE HATE Adam Lanza. He is disgusting! No need for an explanation for this I assume.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 97168
Forum Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 12:40 am

Squid wrote:
My family are survivors of genocide. I know what it's like to come from a different cultural background.
Too me when E&D called Isaiah a nigger it's the same as when they made fun of others before shooting them. Weather it be about their religion, there glasses, or their weight. It doesn't stand out as anything special than their other victims. I believe they were imitating how they were bullied. In their last minutes they got to be the bully. They got to show everyone how they were treated. How they felt. It was their revenge. Isaiah wore a white hat he was an athlete. He was in with the jocks. He might not have been aware. But he was following quota. No one is truly innocent. Look at the bigger picture. Their plan was not to kill 13 people. It was all improvised. Sometimes I wish they blew up the whole school. Maybe more people would understand. They were not just murdering "innocents". They were murdering the extremely flawed school system. They were murdering the fucked up society. They could have gone the Ghandi or MLK route. But when a whisper becomes a scream. You need to tear it all down. Show no mercy.

You are pathetic. And if saying that gets me banned for two weeks then so be it. "Nobody is truly innocent?" Because he wore a white hat? You vile creature. Fuck you.
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 1:27 am

So apparently one can hate, hate, hate Adam Lanza because he is disgusting and murdered defenseless, innocent children. Well, as I have written here in other threads, that is exactly what Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold did in 1999. 'Nuff said.

Once again, these were two mentally ill youths who both, to certain degrees, wanted to die, and in the process say a resounding "FUCK YOU" to as many people as possible before cashing in their chips. If I quoted other radical academics who stated they were making a political statement against the U.S. educational system, that certainly doesn't mean that I endorse that view.

Back to top Go down
Squid

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 1:38 am

Congratulations [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you are now banned.

No "'nuff" said. E&D DID NOT KILL ANYONE 6-7 YEARS OF AGE. That is disgusting. They killed 15-47 years of age. Well old enough to be aware of there actions and how they affect other people. And their role in society.
But like I've been trying to explain E&D were not just out to kill their peers. Our 13 people. They were out to kill the school system and destroy society's frame work. Adam Lanza's dumbass did not try to accomplish anything in those deaths. Except what a stupid cunt he was.
Back to top Go down
Squid

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 1:42 am

You can dismiss them as just mentally ill psychopaths whatever. You can dismiss me the same like [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. You can refuse to understand. You can turn a blind eye. But you will not learn anything. No one learned anything after the columbine massacre. It was made all out to be mentally ill youths and gun control. What a shame.
Back to top Go down
Gctiger

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 1:46 am

Squid wrote:

You are pathetic. And if saying that gets me banned for two weeks then so be it. "Nobody is truly innocent?" Because he wore a white hat? You vile creature. Fuck you.

I'll second this. Sorry, Jenn. I understand as admin as want to run a civilized message board but this squid woman is a piece of work. It takes a truly fucked up person to make excuses for the slaughter of kids who cowered under their tables and begged for their parents.

"It was a revolution"
"Nobody is truly innocent"
"Death is natural"

No, fuck that line of thinking. The fact that she doesn't subscribe to Adam Lanza's "purpose"' of his massacre shows this grown ass woman has developed a sick crush on two teenage kids she probably finds cute who would've gladly pumped bullets into her or anyone in her family had they been in that library that day. Talking down on other users on this board like the narcissistic little shitheads Eric & Dylan were with this delusional "enlightened" God-like complex. I find the killers fascinating. I've researched them for years and probably know more about them than any notorious killers. I would never litter this board with "pathetic Eric this" or "pathetic Dylan that". But someone who condones what happened on 4-20-99 should have shit thrown back in their face. The woman literally says she "wishes" 200+ high school children would've blown up and been gun down so we can "understand" why her precious Eric and Dylan did what they did.

I won't tell you how to run your site. I visit this site almost daily after taking a long hiatus from researching columbine. But Squid sounds exactly like the type of people you see on 4chan who spew their nonsense on the internet then act on it and harm others. I know you said you don't revoke posting privileges because of differing opinions, but as admin, this is the type of person I cut ties with.

Like radioactive_clothing, I'll gladly take my ban for as long as you see fit just to tell Squid, I give absolutely no shits if i "offended" you, and no, I do not know you and I can't think of anything i would wanna do less than to get to know you. You let your keyboard doing the talking for you. You wouldn't dare spew your bullshit on here in real life to the families in Littleton.
Back to top Go down
Gctiger

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 1:51 am

Squid wrote:
Congratulations [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you are now banned.

No "'nuff" said. E&D DID NOT KILL ANYONE 6-7 YEARS OF AGE.  That is disgusting. They killed 15-47 years of age. Well old enough to be aware of there actions and how they affect other people. And their role in society.
But like I've been trying to explain E&D were not just out to kill their peers. Our 13 people. They were out to kill the school system and destroy society's frame work. Adam Lanza's dumbass did not try to accomplish anything in those deaths. Except what a stupid cunt he was.

Their* actions

And I'd gladly like for you to tell me me Kyle, a mentally disabled kid, did.  Kelly, a shy girl coming out her shell.  What did she do?  Go fuck yourself, woman.  You're vile

And Jenn, I just now saw your PM.  I appreciate it, but it seems I can't reply back.  I'll take a leave of absence, from posting at least. You run a very informative site I've participated in for 5 years right after I graduated high school.  I understand the situation you're put in.  Thanks again

Last edited by Gctiger on Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 1:54 am

Squid wrote:

No "'nuff" said. E&D DID NOT KILL ANYONE 6-7 YEARS OF AGE.  That is disgusting. They killed 15-47 years of age. Well old enough to be aware of there actions and how they affect other people. And their role in society.

I'm sorry, I just don't understand what difference there is in killing a 7 year old and killing a 15 year old Daniel Mauser. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but murder is murder. Is Dave Sanders' murder any more or less tragic than a 6 year old at Sandy Hook? I don't think so.

Also, I don't think you need to explain to us what E/D wanted, planned, and intended on doing either. That is an insult to me and every other serious Columbine researcher who takes a real interest in contributing thoughtfully to this forum.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's mental state    Dylan's mental state  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dylan's mental state
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next