Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

thoughts on an accurate columbine movie

Go down 
+18
Jollyhelpful
QuestionMark
Love
afrrs
bradt93
Glamazon
myshame
Kiwik
shades
lilith
slippy123
sscc
Gctiger
Sane One
Freezingmoon
ThoughtBox
Lizpuff
cyn1231
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
myshame

Contribution Points : 74769
Forum Reputation : 0

thoughts on an accurate columbine movie - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: thoughts on an accurate columbine movie   thoughts on an accurate columbine movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 8:37 am

A good Columbine movie might disappoint people on this forum, though, considering some liberties that would have to be taken with the story, such as changing nearly everyone's name and adjusting the timeline.

However, with the failure of I'm Not Ashamed at the box office, it might be a long time before anyone tries this material again. A different movie targeting different demographics might be a better sell, though.
Back to top Go down
Love

Love

Contribution Points : 67441
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on an accurate columbine movie   thoughts on an accurate columbine movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2017 6:37 pm

myshame wrote:
A good Columbine movie might disappoint people on this forum, though, considering some liberties that would have to be taken with the story, such as changing nearly everyone's name and adjusting the timeline.
I will not be disappointed if the film shows the truth, no matter how unsightly it was.
myshame wrote:
However, with the failure of I'm Not Ashamed at the box office, it might be a long time before anyone tries this material again. A different movie targeting different demographics might be a better sell, though.
I think the real Rachel was much more interesting than idealized character portrayed in the film.

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on an accurate columbine movie   thoughts on an accurate columbine movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 10:54 am

I think an Oscar-bait Columbine movie is going to happen eventually. It's slam-dunk material for awards season, being controversial and all, and there's so much information about the case that's publicly available.
Back to top Go down
afrrs

afrrs

Contribution Points : 79958

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on an accurate columbine movie   thoughts on an accurate columbine movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 6:31 pm

myshame wrote:
I think an Oscar-bait Columbine movie is going to happen eventually. It's slam-dunk material for awards season, being controversial and all, and there's so much information about the case that's publicly available.

off course , just look at the plot :

2 kids with good backgrounds being rased in a good religious community .

then they go postal .

moreover , all the evidence related to the case , just juicy details there .

it has all the ingredients for a movie based on real life to be successful .

Back to top Go down
myshame

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on an accurate columbine movie   thoughts on an accurate columbine movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2018 5:18 pm

I actually think a Columbine movie could be a hit. Maybe in the $150m domestic gross range.

Lots of dialogue and scenarios would have to be invented, though, which might even offend people here, not to mention the general public.

Also, I think a good movie that involves the stories of victims and the perpetrators might have to be very long, maybe over 3 hours.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120178
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on an accurate columbine movie   thoughts on an accurate columbine movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2018 6:56 pm

myshame wrote:

The thing is that "I'm Not Ashamed" was fundamentalist Christian propaganda. In this day and age that crap doesn't sell.

Jollyhelpful

Jollyhelpful

Contribution Points : 65919
Forum Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on an accurate columbine movie   thoughts on an accurate columbine movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2018 9:21 pm

I think Zero Day was a satisfying portrayal of Columbine. I also think that it's as close as we're going to get, at least for the foreseeable future.
Back to top Go down
23september

Contribution Points : 66090
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on an accurate columbine movie   thoughts on an accurate columbine movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 2:02 am

I don't think a columbine movie should be made, where people are pretending to be Eric and Dylan and Dave Sander etc, especially by Hollywood. It just feels wrong, had I been a victim and someone played me in the movie I'd be angry about the fact that someone was capitalizing off of my tragic event and I wasn't getting anything. And we'd be giving them exactly what they want, the fame and the recognition. For some reason, a movie about Columbine just irks me.

With that being said, I don't even think it'd turn out that good. The acting and script would have to be out of this world to not make it corny and cheesy, you'd want to be authentic but can't step on too many toes (like jeffcos). And there'd be the "well great now lets also make one about Virginia Tech! And Parkland!...", and that could potentially trigger people into going on worse and worse rampages to get that level of recognition. I'd rather have an amazing documentary than a movie.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193506
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on an accurate columbine movie   thoughts on an accurate columbine movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 8:02 am

I like what they did with Dawn Anna. You didn’t know it was a Columbine movie until the end and you realize it’s Lauren Townsend..

I wonder if a movie based on AMR would work? But you don’t show the shooting. Just the family finding out etc..

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on an accurate columbine movie   thoughts on an accurate columbine movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 11:06 am

Jollyhelpful wrote:
I think Zero Day was a satisfying portrayal of Columbine. I also think that it's as close as we're going to get, at least for the foreseeable future.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
23september

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on an accurate columbine movie   thoughts on an accurate columbine movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 11:55 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
I like what they did with Dawn Anna. You didn’t know it was a Columbine movie until the end and you realize it’s Lauren Townsend..

I wonder if a movie based on AMR would work? But you don’t show the shooting. Just the family finding out etc..

i like the AMR idea, i think it would be a lot less encouraging to people who want to go on sprees, and would show another perspective on the people damaged by the shooting
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 97793
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on an accurate columbine movie   thoughts on an accurate columbine movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 1:01 pm

I think they’d just write the script based on Cullen’s book, or even worse get him involved some how.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on an accurate columbine movie   thoughts on an accurate columbine movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 1:05 pm

Draw_It_White wrote:
I think they’d just write the script based on Cullen’s book, or even worse get him involved some how.

That's a sickening thought right there. No
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on an accurate columbine movie   thoughts on an accurate columbine movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 1:33 pm

Draw_It_White wrote:

That's probably how it would happen, yeah.

Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193506
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on an accurate columbine movie   thoughts on an accurate columbine movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 2:51 pm

Draw_It_White wrote:

That makes my heart hurt... he’d have a Eric be some dark Christian Slater (heathers era) type and make Dylan out to be sloth from Goonies.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on an accurate columbine movie   thoughts on an accurate columbine movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 2:53 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Draw_It_White wrote:

That makes my heart hurt... he’d have a Eric be some dark Christian Slater (heathers era) type and make Dylan out to be sloth from Goonies.....

LOL
Back to top Go down
VoDKaComeHere

Contribution Points : 59940
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on an accurate columbine movie   thoughts on an accurate columbine movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2018 4:06 am

we gotta get people from the community behind it, when its norms who haven't researched in depth it results in retarded shit like seen in whatever that Rachel Scott movie was, I can't even be bothered to remember the name of the movie...so many false facts in that movie it was terrible, not to mention the actors looked more like 30 then 18.

Last edited by VoDKaComeHere on Sat May 19, 2018 4:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on an accurate columbine movie   thoughts on an accurate columbine movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2018 4:09 am

VoDKaComeHere wrote:
we gotta get people from the community behind it, when its norms who haven't researched in depth it results in retarded shit like seen in whatever that Rachel Scott movie was, I can't even be bothered to see it...so many false facts in that movie it was terrible, not to mention the actors looked more like 30 then 18.

Eric's casting was awful.

VoDKaComeHere

Contribution Points : 59940
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on an accurate columbine movie   thoughts on an accurate columbine movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2018 4:14 am

QuestionMark wrote:
VoDKaComeHere wrote:
we gotta get people from the community behind it, when its norms who haven't researched in depth it results in retarded shit like seen in whatever that Rachel Scott movie was, I can't even be bothered to see it...so many false facts in that movie it was terrible, not to mention the actors looked more like 30 then 18.

They really thought he looked 18? More like 23-25 is the absolute youngest he could pass for! lmao
Back to top Go down
23september

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on an accurate columbine movie   thoughts on an accurate columbine movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2018 5:08 am

QuestionMark wrote:
VoDKaComeHere wrote:

i think Dylans casting was far worse but both were terrible
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on an accurate columbine movie   thoughts on an accurate columbine movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2018 6:50 am

QuestionMark wrote:
VoDKaComeHere wrote:

I agree with you both. The Dylan they used was at least tall and somewhat had the same type of body build that the real Dylan had. But Eric was SO far off it was laughable. Haha
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on an accurate columbine movie   thoughts on an accurate columbine movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2018 12:27 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
VoDKaComeHere wrote:

I agree with you both. The Dylan they used was at least tall and somewhat had the same type of body build that the real Dylan had. But Eric was SO far off it was laughable. Haha

And that's not even getting into the many factual errors.

God damn, that movie is my own personal Cullenbine.

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on an accurate columbine movie   thoughts on an accurate columbine movie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2018 12:33 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
VoDKaComeHere wrote:

And that's not even getting into the many factual errors.

God damn, that movie is my own personal Cullenbine.

LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on an accurate columbine movie   thoughts on an accurate columbine movie - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

thoughts on an accurate columbine movie
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next