Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sue Klebold's artwork

Go down 
+3
Freezingmoon
Belladonna
PaintItBlack
7 posters
AuthorMessage
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 95816
Forum Reputation : 52

Sue Klebold's artwork Empty
PostSubject: Sue Klebold's artwork   Sue Klebold's artwork Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 8:56 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Belladonna

Contribution Points : 73714
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Sue Klebold's artwork   Sue Klebold's artwork Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 9:13 pm

Where did you find these?
You could do a lot of psychological analysis on them. It definitely shows her distressed state of mind. Trees are usually symbols of peace and rebirth, but the fact the tree are standing in a bleak and desolate landscape with no leaves on them and has evil faces trying to ward off the little birds seems to me to show a state of loneliness and hopelessness - the birds are trying to reach the unreachable even though the tree obviously can't be helped and doesn't want to be.
Maybe it's how she feels about Dylan. That he was in such a hopeless state in a spot where no one could reach him.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Freezingmoon

Freezingmoon

Contribution Points : 76745

PostSubject: Re: Sue Klebold's artwork   Sue Klebold's artwork Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 9:36 pm

Wow.... Where did you find these? I love them!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], Great analysis. I completely agree with it.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 95816
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Sue Klebold's artwork   Sue Klebold's artwork Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 9:58 pm

I found them on a blog of an art course that focuses on teaching people to draw botanicals.

She took the course, passed and earned a certificate.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Belladonna

Contribution Points : 73714

PostSubject: Re: Sue Klebold's artwork   Sue Klebold's artwork Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 10:10 pm

It's good she is painting again. She said in the book several times she couldn't bring herself to do any art. I'm sure it's therapeutic for her.
To quote Sue herself "Artistic expression, even when it's unpleasant, can be a healthy way of coping with feelings."

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95424
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Sue Klebold's artwork   Sue Klebold's artwork Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2016 9:15 am

She is really talented! I like these drawings a lot!

sscc

Contribution Points : 82271
Forum Reputation : 523

PostSubject: Re: Sue Klebold's artwork   Sue Klebold's artwork Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 3:45 am

Thanks for sharing. I've never seen any of her artwork before.
Back to top Go down
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

Contribution Points : 71131

PostSubject: Re: Sue Klebold's artwork   Sue Klebold's artwork Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 6:44 pm

Hmmm! These artwork pieces say much about how Mrs. Klebold feels inside - and much about how talented she is, of course. Everything I am writing here is strictly subjective, so I might not be completely right. But there is such a deep symbolism in these drawings that i cannot help but write about my impressions.

The thorny plant - with the flowers - and many of the leaves - turning to the left side - might refer to introspection, self-defense (thorns!) and looking back to the past.

The drawing with the tree says even more! Sadness, fantasy and productivity. (Many of you might know that tree drawing is widely used in therapy and diagnostic.)

This tree is special - if we see the background, there are other trees with leaves on. This seems to be the only tree that has no leaves.
The birds are also special, they seem to have a special symbolic meaning. My impression is that all the other birds on the picture are on their way to move - or, they are just passing by -, but these two blue magpies try the impossible - to make a nest on a seemingly dead tree that would surely eat them up.

(I have read that drawing a face to the tree might be a sign of narcissism, but I am not sure if this is right.)

I get the impression that Mrs. Klebold feels really lonely with her loss and being robbed of... many things. Just like everyone seems to move on, while she is isolated.

Caves on a tree drawing usually mean some kind of loss, emptiness, trauma - and here, we see two caves, one at the bottom of the tree and one - creatively drawn as a mouth to the tree's face!
The bottom and the left usually symbolizes the "subconscious", one's inner self and the past, while the top and the right tells rather about the "conscious" part, the outside world and the future.
Therefore I think it is extremely interesting that the tree turns to left twice in its growth! First, it is leaning slightly to the left, and turning to the right, its bark is torn, showing the light, sensitive, vulnerable inside. This speaks for itself.
And again, the crown of the tree is turning left. The face is angry, turning to the right. Maybe self-defense?

Therefore I find it very interesting that there are two dead trees on the right side. What can they symbolize? (I cannot avoid thinking of Mrs. Klebold having two sons, originally.)
One of them - with the notice "No trespass" and that skull - of a bull or bison? - seems to speak for itself. Skulls or skeletons on such a drawing are never considered as a good sign, but in this case, it is pretty obvious - thinking of these animals, I associate on wildness and aggression.

Is it just me who notices that the bottom cave, the dead tree with the notice and the skull are in one line - right and downwards?

The other dead tree seems to have cut-off branches, again, to the left. (Byron Klebold?...)

And here are thorns, too! (Or maybe barbed wire?)

There is one thing I am not really sure about. Under the tree, and around it, there seem to be small spots of water or mud. As water symbolizes life, birth, possibility to grow, this - again - speaks for itself. Not totally dried out, but there is no moving, no active life.

Once again: these are only my impressions and my understanding of the symbolism. I might be wrong, so I am interested in others' views on symbols!
And, I think there is nothing to be surprised at - Mrs. Klebold expresses everything in her artwork that one would likeably feel after such a horrible event.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 78986
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Sue Klebold's artwork   Sue Klebold's artwork Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 10:08 pm

This has already been posted under Columbine Photos. The source is from Tumblr through a person who works with Sue. I don't know which is the original.

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95424
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Sue Klebold's artwork   Sue Klebold's artwork Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 8:21 am

Moonshadow wrote:
Hmmm! These artwork pieces say much about how Mrs. Klebold feels inside - and much about how talented she is, of course. Everything I am writing here is strictly subjective, so I might not be completely right. But there is such a deep symbolism in these drawings that i cannot help but write about my impressions.

The thorny plant - with the flowers - and many of the leaves - turning to the left side - might refer to introspection, self-defense (thorns!) and looking back to the past.

The drawing with the tree says even more! Sadness, fantasy and productivity. (Many of you might know that tree drawing is widely used in therapy and diagnostic.)

This tree is special - if we see the background, there are other trees with leaves on. This seems to be the only tree that has no leaves.
The birds are also special, they seem to have a special symbolic meaning. My impression is that all the other birds on the picture are on their way to move - or, they are just passing by -, but these two blue magpies try the impossible - to make a nest on a seemingly dead tree that would surely eat them up.

(I have read that drawing a face to the tree might be a sign of narcissism, but I am not sure if this is right.)

I get the impression that Mrs. Klebold feels really lonely with her loss and being robbed of... many things. Just like everyone seems to move on, while she is isolated.

Caves on a tree drawing usually mean some kind of loss, emptiness, trauma - and here, we see two caves, one at the bottom of the tree and one - creatively drawn as a mouth to the tree's face!
The bottom and the left usually symbolizes the "subconscious", one's inner self and the past, while the top and the right tells rather about the "conscious" part, the outside world and the future.
Therefore I think it is extremely interesting that the tree turns to left twice in its growth! First, it is leaning slightly to the left, and turning to the right, its bark is torn, showing the light, sensitive, vulnerable inside. This speaks for itself.
And again, the crown of the tree is turning left. The face is angry, turning to the right. Maybe self-defense?

Therefore I find it very interesting that there are two dead trees on the right side. What can they symbolize? (I cannot avoid thinking of Mrs. Klebold having two sons, originally.)
One of them - with the notice "No trespass" and that skull - of a bull or bison? - seems to speak for itself. Skulls or skeletons on such a drawing are never considered as a good sign, but in this case, it is pretty obvious - thinking of these animals, I associate on wildness and aggression.

Is it just me who notices that the bottom cave, the dead tree with the notice and the skull are in one line - right and downwards?

The other dead tree seems to have cut-off branches, again, to the left. (Byron Klebold?...)

And here are thorns, too! (Or maybe barbed wire?)

There is one thing I am not really sure about. Under the tree, and around it, there seem to be small spots of water or mud. As water symbolizes life, birth, possibility to grow, this - again - speaks for itself. Not totally dried out, but there is no moving, no active life.

Once again: these are only my impressions and my understanding of the symbolism. I might be wrong, so I am interested in others' views on symbols!
And, I think there is nothing to be surprised at - Mrs. Klebold expresses everything in her artwork that one would likeably feel after such a horrible event.

Interesting interpretation!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sue Klebold's artwork   Sue Klebold's artwork Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sue Klebold's artwork
Page 1 of 1