Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Dylan to Sean Graves: "Sorry dude."

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: Dylan to Sean Graves: "Sorry dude."   Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:22 pm

Does anyone think that if this exchange actually happened that Dylan saying "sorry dude" was just an automatic reaction and had no depth to it? I mean I've accidentally stepped on bugs before and said "sorry dude" automatically and then moved on...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dylan to Sean Graves: "Sorry dude."   Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:27 pm

Kiwik wrote:
Does anyone think that if this exchange actually happened that Dylan saying "sorry dude" was just an automatic reaction and had no depth to it? I mean I've accidentally stepped on bugs before and said "sorry dude" automatically and then moved on...
Well....sorry dude to a guy nearly bleeding to death on the floor whom he just shot. Automatic reaction? Does he not see what's happening to Sean?

Dylan was deliberately being an ass while out of it.

Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: Dylan to Sean Graves: "Sorry dude."   Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:47 pm

To me it just kinda shows how indifferent Dylan was to killing people. Like he didn't give a crap if he stepped on him and just automatically said it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dylan to Sean Graves: "Sorry dude."   Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:03 pm

It's too bad Sean is still angry and aggravated about it.

LilBean

PostSubject: Re: Dylan to Sean Graves: "Sorry dude."   Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:27 pm

Kiwik wrote:

That was my first thought too... like maybe at that point he'd got inpatient and was not motivated (there's a load of evidence that points to that) all the adrenaline had gone etc etc and he was so fixated on dying that it was just an automatic reaction to say 'sorry dude'?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dylan to Sean Graves: "Sorry dude."   Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:33 pm

I really don't know how you react like you bumped into someone over stepping on a nearly-dying body.

shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dylan to Sean Graves: "Sorry dude."   Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:33 pm

Why are we giving Dylan the benefit of the doubt here? He killed people and he knew what he did.

Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: Dylan to Sean Graves: "Sorry dude."   Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:03 pm

Nah not giving Dylan the benefit at all, I took it as he didn't care that he stepped on a kid that had just been shot. Like he was so comfortable with it he automatically had that response as if he had stepped on an inanimate object, without really giving it a thought. I just didn't see any depth to it, Especially since his goal that day was to kill people then himself anyway. It just makes him look more cold to me.

I think between Dylan and Eric, Dylan was the colder of the two
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spinvault

PostSubject: Re: Dylan to Sean Graves: "Sorry dude."   Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:02 pm

Kiwik wrote:
Nah not giving Dylan the benefit at all, I took it as he didn't care that he stepped on a kid that had just been shot. Like he was so comfortable with it he automatically had that response as if he had stepped on an inanimate object, without really giving it a thought. I just didn't see any depth to it, Especially since his goal that day was to kill people then himself anyway. It just makes him look more cold to me.

I think between Dylan and Eric, Dylan was the colder of the two
Was this before or after Lance Kirklin asked for help and Dylan shot him in the jaw? I think this makes Dylan colder and Dylan knew he was going to die soon and wanted to kill and terrorize everyone and didn't care about anyone or anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Dylan to Sean Graves: "Sorry dude."   Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In his statement, Sean does not state that Eric/Dylan stepped on his back and said "sorry, dude".

Page 000209 (Interview on April 30 1999):

Sean [Graves] stated that he heard "more explosions in the Commons area" and then he heard the "swoosh of a huge fire ball".

Sean stated that the sprinklers came on because he remembers the "water coming down" at that time.

Sean stated that "the school was on fire and everybody started to run out and they were stepping on me, because they thought I was dead, I guess".

We know from the CCTV Cafeteria Video that the fireball happened at 11:46:10 AM. Sean Graves stated that people stepped on his back after that time. We know that Eric/Dylan were inside the cafeteria and nowhere near him at that time.

So, was it Eric/Dylan that stepped on his back and said sorry, dude? I am not so sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dylan to Sean Graves: "Sorry dude."   Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:59 pm

He told the reporter in this year's anniversary video about Columbine about this statement and said it was Dylan. The better question is whether he only recently remember it happening or he sort of made It up.

I Guess i get where you guys are coming from where he's so cold and nothing matters anymore so the sorry Dude was pretty candid. It sounds like something straight out of a movie.

sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Dylan to Sean Graves: "Sorry dude."   Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:48 pm

Sean Graves, Lance Kirklin, Dan Rohrbough were all walking up the stairs together when they got shot.

Another reference that may have have never happened:

000234-000242: Lance Kirklin's Statements

The only thing Lance references is that he was looking up at the blue sky when he felt his face being jolted and felt pools of blood below his mouth.

Nothing about him saying "help me," and Dylan responding "sure, I'll help you" then firing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scarletmoon

PostSubject: Re: Dylan to Sean Graves: "Sorry dude."   Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:55 pm

I saw an interview with Lance Kirklin and in it he did say that he asked for help when he felt someone was close to him. He said the person ended up being "the gunman" that said "sure, ill help you" then shot him in the face. I don't remember which interview but it's pretty easy to find on YouTube.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Dylan to Sean Graves: "Sorry dude."   Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:31 am

sororityalpha wrote:
Sean Graves, Lance Kirklin, Dan Rohrbough were all walking up the stairs together when they got shot.

Another reference that may have have never happened:

000234-000242: Lance Kirklin's Statements

The only thing Lance references is that he was looking up at the blue sky when he felt his face being jolted and felt pools of blood below his mouth.

Nothing about him saying "help me," and Dylan responding "sure, I'll help you" then firing.

Is it a false memory?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scarletmoon

PostSubject: Re: Dylan to Sean Graves: "Sorry dude."   Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:56 am

Sororityalpha, I don't know how to reply directly so ill check in the FAQs how to do that.

You could very well be right about Kirklin though, it could be a false memory from what I read in the link you posted. Its possible that he heard it so many times that he started remembering it, as if it were fact. This has been known to happen, almost on the same lines as when someone lies so much they start to believe their own lies. I'm definitely not saying he is lying though, I'm simply giving an example.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dylan to Sean Graves: "Sorry dude."   Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:43 am

Did Sean make that encounter up on the anniversary report? Just for shock value or something?

Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: Dylan to Sean Graves: "Sorry dude."   Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:04 pm

I haven't really thought about This before now, but why isn't Dylan's supposed comment to Lance (and even the "sorry dude" since it's been taken in different ways) held at the same level as Eric's supposed comments to Rachel?  None of them can be proved, and we all know the whole Eric/Rachel "God" conversation has multiple versions attached to it that questions the authenticity of it. If the exchange with Lance actually happened, it paints a very cruel picture of Dylan and also proves that he was pretty serious about what he was doing as opposed to the popular belief that he was being strung along by Eric.

I get that the Scott family has really pushed the belief that Rachel was martyred for her faith and that Cullenbine is one of the more popular versions of events (which works out on Dylan's favor), but I'm surprised this isn't mentioned more and people still hang onto the "Dylan was a depressed follower" theory.

This comment was a little on the rambling side so I hope I didn't confuse anyone!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dylan to Sean Graves: "Sorry dude."   Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:09 pm

I believe the Lance comment followed by shooting him after happened, but the "Sorry dude" is debatable. It might be true, but it took him years to remember it being said to him, as opposed to not bringing it up right after Columbine happened.

Dylan to Sean Graves: "Sorry dude."
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2