Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

I'm Not Ashamed- Columbine movie

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Army of One

PostSubject: I'm Not Ashamed- Columbine movie   Tue May 10, 2016 6:25 am

I tried searching for this on the boards but couldn't find anything.....oh boy.

Firstly, I have no problem with religion or faith-based movies. I have enjoyed one or two of them in the past but this movie truly looks awful.

Another trailer for this movie depicts a sequence where Eric and Dylan taunt Rachel Scott by asking her "Where's your God now?". Some of the YouTube commenters and Tumblr users are really angered with the message and the historical inaccuracies of this movie.

Read some of the comments and see how enraged they are

Last edited by Army of One on Tue May 10, 2016 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kida

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ashamed- Columbine movie   Tue May 10, 2016 8:17 am

This movie makes me sick.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Freezingmoon

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ashamed- Columbine movie   Tue May 10, 2016 9:52 am

This movie sickens me as well.  People will believe the inaccuracies this movies presents and get hung up on the "where's your god now" lie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ashamed- Columbine movie   Tue May 10, 2016 10:08 am

I am sure Rachel was a lovely girl. She was beautiful and everyone had great things to say about her but I am not going to see this movie. It is not factual at all.

View user profile
Draw_It_White
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ashamed- Columbine movie   Tue May 10, 2016 4:28 pm

I'll probably watch it at some point.

I think we all know it's going to be inaccurate but a lot of movies that are supposed to be based on true events are. Braveheart for example.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
meowitscow

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ashamed- Columbine movie   Wed May 11, 2016 6:13 pm

That movie makes me sick. Christian propaganda trying to portrait christians as victims.
I'm not against anyone based on their religion, sexual preference etc., but this is just awful.
Trying to make money on lies about tragedy like this.Sick.

Army of One

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ashamed- Columbine movie   Thu May 12, 2016 12:58 am

I'm actually incredibly curious about how they will portray the shooting, PureFlix movies are often aimed at younger audiences so I'm guessing there will be no blood or the movie won't show anything after the Scott murder.

In the same year where Susan Klebold has apologized and been very open.....it really is aggravating that this movie is going to lie and oversimplify the issue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSpiral
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ashamed- Columbine movie   Thu May 12, 2016 5:37 am

This movie could have been a good biographical movie, from everything I've read she seems like a nice person. They could have just made a movie about her life and death like it really happened, and it still would have been a touching story. But no, they just have to push their agenda, spread lies and capitalise on their daughters murder. Also she is not the only victim, and this movie makes it seem like she was killed for a reason, when in reality she was killed because she was at the wrong place at the wrong time. What makes her so special? Val Schnurr was asked that question(all evidance points to her being asked that question) and we don't see many people talking about her.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Archvile

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ashamed- Columbine movie   Sat May 21, 2016 2:07 pm

I will probably watch a stream of this, and skip to the Eric and Dylan parts, probably just to see if they were faithfully adapted, also portrayed as people or just mindless monsters and to see if they made it out to be a Christian hate crime. Not interested in Rachel, her story isn't interesting to me, just some person who happened to get shot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Archvile

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ashamed- Columbine movie   Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:37 pm

After doing some research in Rachel, i'm worried they are making her into a 1-dimensional 'goody goody' church girl who was absolutely perfect with no flaws. But she a teenager, and going through teenage problems, she was even a smoker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fiji

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ashamed- Columbine movie   Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:07 pm

the dylan klebold actor doesnt fit the role, they make him look like the joker and always seems like he is about to say 'warriorssssss come out to playayay'.
the eric harris actor looks like god damm handsome mc gee and sounds like a 14 year old.

Archvile

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ashamed- Columbine movie   Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:32 pm

The guy playing Dylan seems to be proud of this role, he's been tweeting photos of him in the outfit smiling and favoring tweets of people who are admiring Dylan.

The guy playing Eric, has the same problem as the actor in Zero Hour. He is too built to play him.
I guess it's hard to find skinny actors.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ashamed- Columbine movie   Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:33 pm

urgh. barf factor.

Fiji

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ashamed- Columbine movie   Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:26 pm

The pure flix people who are making that movie seriously need to take a chill pill with their devotion to god. Religion isnt a bad thing but they are warping reality for getting people to follow their belief. Exploiting a tragic event where many people were damaged physically, mentally and even killed is NOT the right thing to do. They could have made a respectful movie about the things that happened that day and at that place with the possibilities they had. They threw away the chance and made the movie mainly about one victim because she believed in a certain religion. A lot of the people who were affected by the incident are against the movie being made but the mother of the dead girl wich the movie is about is pushing it so much that the making of this movie was inventible.

Sorry im getting pretty angry when people treat such tragic events with almost no respect

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ashamed- Columbine movie   Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:38 pm

I just posted about this in Thoughts About the Shooting. I see that the Robertson family of Duck Dynasty "fame" are in the cast. If you are lucky enough to not know who they are, be glad! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ashamed- Columbine movie   Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:27 pm

There's another video on there called "everything that's wrong with I'm Not Ashamed" that has more E&D clips. And hate to say it, But looks like they used the BS version of events and have Eric getting close up and appearing to be touching Rachel while "questioning her faith", while cutting to Dylan behind him looking creepy af. Did anyone else notice the Eric character has his shirt tucked in? I kinda lol'd at that haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ashamed- Columbine movie   Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:39 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
There's another video on there called "everything that's wrong with I'm Not Ashamed" that has more E&D clips. And hate to say it, But looks like they used the BS version of events and have Eric getting close up and appearing to be touching Rachel while "questioning her faith", while cutting to Dylan behind him looking creepy af. Did anyone else notice the Eric character has his shirt tucked in? I kinda lol'd at that haha.

Yea, here's a link to it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This video is ridiculous. This guy is carrying on and on about how he can't believe they'd make a movie and get the most important detail of Columbine wrong - that it wasn't actually Rachel who was asked if she believed in God, it was Casey Bernall. Yea, he says 'Casey'. Not only did he get her name wrong but the very thing he was picking on this movie about is the same thing he got wrong himself.

If I were this person, I'd be extremely embarrassed that I put this video on the internet.

It's almost as funny as "Cleaning Columbine" going onto reddit and making fun of couples that met through Columbine when he himself was in a relationship with an older women (who he met on the Columbine forum) who was married and just had a baby by another man. Some of these YouTubers I can't even take seriously.

Last edited by Jenn on Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ashamed- Columbine movie   Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:27 am

Dylan looks sorta like Michael Cera. Which made me LOLO

View user profile
Ivan
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ashamed- Columbine movie   Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:13 am

This video is ridiculous. This guy is carrying on and on about how he can't believe they'd make a movie and get the most important detail of Columbine wrong - that it wasn't actually Rachel who was asked if she believed in God, it was Casey Bernall. Yea, he says 'Casey'. Not only did he get her name wrong but the very thing he was picking on this movie about is the same thing he got wrong himself.

If I were this person, I'd be extremely embarrassed that I put this video on the internet.

It's almost as funny as "Cleaning Columbine" going onto reddit and making fun of couples that met through Columbine when he himself was in a relationship with an older women (who he met on the Columbine forum) who was married and just had a baby by another man. Some of these YouTubers I can't even take seriously.
Cleaning Columbine (AKA Rocky Dennis) was the one making the forum into a "dating site" -- consistently obsessed with SOME female member.

He's nothing but a dirty lying hypocrite. I wouldn't watch his videos if you paid me -- all of it is stolen content anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
explicit
Permanently Banned

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ashamed- Columbine movie   Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:34 pm

The title may be 'I'm Not Ashamed', but the producers certainly should be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ashamed- Columbine movie   Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:46 pm

@explicit wrote:

lol! awesome response
Back to top Go down
aquillina

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ashamed- Columbine movie   Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:52 pm

That's hilarious yet so true. LOL

Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ashamed- Columbine movie   Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:32 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I agree about the inaccuracy of the info in that video. Luckily I read the comments before watching it and several of them pointed out the misinformation, so I watched it with the sound turned off!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
slippy123

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ashamed- Columbine movie   Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:46 pm

Wow so they do use the fake "Do you believe in god" convo that never happend, and they know it. How sickening.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ashamed- Columbine movie   Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:20 pm

Someone on the other thread is promoting it, saying it is about her struggles with drugs and is based off her journal. Ummmmmm, not according to the preview.
Back to top Go down
LeeTheFlea

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ashamed- Columbine movie   Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:57 pm

If their intention is to raise Rachel up and make her a special martyr they are failing. All the trailers and sneak peeks I've seen of this film would belong more in a Columbine satire movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidEr

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ashamed- Columbine movie   Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:35 pm

From what i've seen i'm impressed with Eric's actor he has studied Eric's movements so well, though he does not look much like him he seems like a great actor.

any Columbiner seen the entire film yet or reviewed it? Also i'd like just to see all the Dylan and Eric scenes.

What ive seen with them so far:
- First day of school, Eric getting bullied, glad they put that in, but the jocks slid him on soapy floor but the hall in Columbine was carpeted, oh well.
- Eric observing bullying in cafeteria
- Eric noting down Hitler's words in his book.
- Eric and Dylan listen to Rachel's speech in class.
- Basement Tape
- Death of Rachel

Is that the only scenes with them? or is there more? I know theres atleast one other scene I have missed of Dylan @ the prom.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ashamed- Columbine movie   Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:17 am

@spidEr I'll repost something I posted earlier in a different thread. This was in response to simply asking for the full autopsy report to made available by someone I assume is a Scott representative. Sure, it's their right not to, but don't give me a 1 page summary that tells nothing.

To be honest, this is an insult to present that as an autopsy. To even present that one page summary is insulting to the entire community. I am an Assistant Medical Examiner and I do this Every.Single.Day of my life. I know of what I speak. This is a summary that details NOTHING and IS definitely NOT a FULL autopsy report. Look at Eric's, Dylan's and others whose FULL, multiple page-long autopsy reports was released. I get it, you don't want to release it because it debunks the "martyrdom" of Rachel. This whole thing would be cleared up by the full report released to finally, after all these years and myths, to indicate whether she was shot point blank or not.

That's fine, but be honest and don't use a fiction movie to line the pockets of...who? I have a feeling this ridiculous "film" will tank and no one will get rich.

I would MUCH rather see a movie about the other victims who are all but forgotten, thanks to her being allegedly asked, "Do you still believe in God?" And her reply, "You know I do."™ Even Richard Cataldo doesn't remember. Witness memories are notoriously bad and you can research that yourself.

The religious take is repugnant and unnecessary. I hope, one day, someone will make an accurate movie based on ALL the victims, not just Rachel.

Now, I'm not heartless at all. I am not attacking her in any way, fashion or form. What I am attacking is the money grubbers who don't care about this tragedy, only money. I am sure she was a decent, perhaps kind, average teenager at her death. No one deserves what happened to them that day. NO ONE, including the other TWELVE who were special and unique too.

Sorry for the rant, this is one of my biggest gripes about the victims, ALL of them.
Back to top Go down
21stcenturyreality

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ashamed- Columbine movie   Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:30 pm

tbh, I haven't seen the movie yet. I was planning on watching it with a few friends, but giving money to the producers just seems like the wrong move.
Guess I'll just wait for it to pop up on Youtube/Netflix.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidEr

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ashamed- Columbine movie   Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:58 pm

the basement tapes scene was so well acted and chilling to watch, not only did it capture Eric and Dylan pretty well but the use of lighting and music also helped. I feel the scene where Eric and Dylan are waiting by their cars for the bombs to explode wasn't as good, it felt really unfinished. I compare it with that gloomy, blue tinted scene of Eric and Dylan pulling up to the school in Zero Hour and music and overall mood for that version is ultimately superior.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

I'm Not Ashamed- Columbine movie
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next