Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her?

Go down 
+13
AestheticDeath
silentprocess
Screamingophelia
Nirvana92
Jenn
em81
Archvile
PaintItBlack
ThoughtBox
Draw_It_White
Lizpuff
shades
aquillina
17 posters
AuthorMessage
aquillina

Contribution Points : 72623
Forum Reputation : 0

If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her? Empty
PostSubject: If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her?   If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her? Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 8:16 am

If ever I meet her(which I really want to) I would tell her how much I admire her for being so brave and kind throughout these years. And even though I know nothing about her late son, I want her to know how much I wish I could have met him and maybe I could have been the one to change his life.

Is there any possible way we can get a hold of her?

Last edited by aquillina on Fri May 27, 2016 8:28 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 78986
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her?   If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her? Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 8:25 am

In terms of reaching her sending her stuff I'm not too sure, couple of people on tumblr know that information they share very exclusively, one of 'em is actually currently working with her doing seminars or talks sth like that regarding suicide. If anyone knows, do share!

What I'd say to her, I think about this alot... well firstly I'll reach in for a hug, and then tell her how much I admire her strength and her braveness and let her know there is now a growing community that has Columbine in their minds and hearts, and it has helped us learn alot, even evolving us as people. What her son did is separate from who she is as a person and at the end of the day she is still a mother who lost a loved one, and I can't put it past for her for not knowing the darkness Dylan had in him.

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95424
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her?   If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her? Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 8:27 am

I would feel weird meeting her, but that might be my introvert coming out.

I would love to listen to her give a seminar or speech, but I think I would feel weird and kinda bad about bringing Dylan up to her. IDK why exactly

Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 97168
Forum Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her?   If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her? Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 10:24 am

I'd feel very uncomfortable meeting her. It's well documented on this site I think Dylan and Eric were vile creatures. I of course wouldn't say that to her face if I did meet her but I'd feel like a jerk talking to her given what my opinions are of her son.
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 83171
Forum Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her?   If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her? Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 10:52 am

Actually, I have met Sue (referenced elsewhere on here, I think in a thread about her book) at a mental health conference. She is a lovely, kind lady. She was there with the AFSP.
I did what I always do when I meet someone noteworthy; I pretend that I don't know who they are and talk about other things. Cool

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her?   If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her? Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 11:42 am

ThoughtBox wrote:
Actually, I have met Sue (referenced elsewhere on here, I think in a thread about her book) at a mental health conference. She is a lovely, kind lady. She was there with the AFSP.
I did what I always do when I meet someone noteworthy; I pretend that I don't know who they are and talk about other things. Cool

Odd question...but is she really tall? She looks really tall
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her?   If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her? Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 11:46 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wow, really? What did she smell like?

Laughing

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 95816
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her?   If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her? Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 8:32 pm

Draw_It_White wrote:
I'd feel very uncomfortable meeting her. It's well documented on this site I think Dylan and Eric were vile creatures. I of course wouldn't say that to her face if I did meet her but I'd feel like a jerk talking to her given what my opinions are of her son.

I think this is the right reaction.I think it would be incredibly cruel for someone to say to her or anyone else in her situation that "Your son was a worthless POS and I'm so happy he is dead." ,even if that's what you think.Now are there people are out there who would gladly say that to her face and go home feeling great about themselves? Unfortunately, yes.But I know that families of other shooters have got mail and phone calls from people saying things like that and I always thought that was vicious.
I know E &D's parents got some hate mail for quite some time and even death threats in the beginning stages but I don't know exactly what the hate mail said.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
Archvile

Archvile

Forum Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her?   If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her? Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 10:54 pm

that I never at any point looked at Dylan as a monster and say he seemed like a really nice guy and i'd want him as a friend and as for the person he became, he was not well and it wasn't his fault.
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

PostSubject: Re: If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her?   If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her? Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 10:10 am

liquorvamp wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wow, really? What did she smell like?

Laughing

I don't really recall, so she probably wasn't wearing any perfume that was overpowering.

Getting to shake her hand was one of the most interesting things I have done. It was surreal.

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
aquillina

PostSubject: Re: If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her?   If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her? Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 11:58 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Wow that sounds amazing. I so really want to meet her. Maybe I can spot her at the Columbine Memorial? Slim chance.

shades

PostSubject: Re: If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her?   If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her? Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 12:14 pm

Sue is a lovely woman, and despite the inevitable backlash she gets, I appreciate that she tries to do as much as possible to help out and bring to light the issues of mental illness/suicide/teen violence, talk about it, garner the strength to put herself out there and hopefully find some release to finally sharing her story. Instead of sweeping it under the rug I think she feels better putting it to her work and that's good.

ThoughtBox

PostSubject: Re: If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her?   If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 9:17 pm

You know, I have been thinking about this question a lot the last few days, and I realized what I would ask Sue if I ever see her again.

My question is simple but poignant. "Sue, when was last time that you saw Dylan smile?"

Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

PostSubject: Re: If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her?   If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 3:00 am

My guess would be prom night.
Back to top Go down
em81

Contribution Points : 100499
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her?   If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 8:38 am

Draw_It_White wrote:
My guess would be prom night.

i have to agree
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her?   If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 8:39 am

Also agreed about the prom night. He was throwing snowballs and having fun with his dad and smiling for his prom photos....

shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her?   If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 12:00 pm

I would ask her if she still goes to places with an extra sense of shield or awareness in the event someone may recognise her, or of her name, and may give her a hard time or shout profanities, and what she does about should it happen.

PostSubject: Re: If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her?   If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 12:42 pm

liquorvamp wrote:
I would ask her if she still goes to places with an extra sense of shield or awareness in the event someone may recognise her, or of her name, and may give her a hard time or shout profanities, and what she does about should it happen.
I think she has already had that experience from when she was at the grocery store and the sales lady just got all up in her face and shouting. She literally had to bag her her own groceries and bail out ASAP.

shades

PostSubject: Re: If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her?   If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 1:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Yeah...wonder if it still happens now, especially since she's made various tv appearances.

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her?   If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 1:03 pm

I think things probably cooled down for her for a while. But now that she has been in the media more I think people probably recognize her more. People can be rude and mean and horrible. I wouldn't be surprised if "hate" mail for the Klebolds and Harrises vamped up as well.

Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118020
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her?   If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 6:10 pm

Personally, I wouldn't want to meet her. I don't like meeting famous/infamous people. The one and only time I met a famous person was back in 1995 when I was obsessed with Boy George and went to his autobiography signing in New York City. He signed a few autographs and took a picture with me. He was nice enough but normally I don't wanna meet recognizable people because if it's someone I really like and they turn out to be a real asshole, then it'll just ruin how I already view them.

However, if I did bump into her, I would probably take the same approach as [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and pretend like I didn't know who she was. Back when I was about 8 or so, my Aunt ended up riding in the same elevator as Adam Clayton (bassist for U2) and she pretended not to know who he was. Ever since she told me that story, it always sounded like the best option when encountering famous/infamous people and I pretty much still believe that now.

Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

PostSubject: Re: If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her?   If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2016 1:01 am

Quite strange as your one and only experience appears to have been quite positive.
Back to top Go down
Nirvana92

Nirvana92

Contribution Points : 82464
Forum Reputation : 80

PostSubject: Re: If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her?   If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2016 2:14 am

I'd give her a hug and thank her for continuing to love and honor her sons memory. Me and my mother aren't on the best of terms because of some past issues, but the way Sue talks about Dylan gives me hope that we can patch things up. As sad as it is to say she is very brave for speaking up like she has. The majority of Americans still haven't reached the point where they can understand and sympathize with violent people. By spreading the word and helping parents see the signs she's retroactively giving Dylan's life purpose. What happened at Columbine should never have occurred, but its important that lessons are learned from these kinds of tragedies. The families of the killers have intimate knowledge that can be of use to society. I really feel like we should be supporting them so they'll be more comfortable talking.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192899
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her?   If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 3:59 pm

I'd give her a hug, tell her that I read her book and it moved me and I think it's amazing the work she is doing and perhaps thanking her again for talking to me on the phone 18 years ago but she more than likely doesn't remember!! So I may leave that out.

PostSubject: Re: If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her?   If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 4:08 pm

No words would need to be spoken. As a mom, I would just hug her tight, and be on my way.
Back to top Go down
silentprocess

silentprocess

Contribution Points : 61334

PostSubject: Re: If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her?   If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 10:58 am

I'd congratulate her on taking advantage of her sons massacre to benefit herself and probably encourage her to suicide.

milennialrebelette dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
AestheticDeath

Contribution Points : 66632

PostSubject: Re: If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her?   If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 3:34 am

I don't think I'd have the right things to say about the events so I'd take the approach already mentioned a couple times of just talking about anything. Its probably a little refreshing to her to talk about something else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her?   If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2021 2:24 pm

I wouldn't really know what to say honestly.
Back to top Go down
treehouseofhorror

treehouseofhorror

Contribution Points : 33269
Forum Reputation : 75

PostSubject: Re: If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her?   If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2021 7:58 pm

I would say that I read her book and admire her
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119628
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her?   If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2021 12:26 am

Nothing to say that I wouldn't say to every parent in the world. I'll leave it at that.

Prince_Bren

Prince_Bren

Contribution Points : 28291

PostSubject: Re: If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her?   If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2021 6:48 am

I'd give her a hug, that poor woman has been through hell.

Contribution Points : 74219

PostSubject: Re: If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her?   If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 9:28 am

I wouldn't say anything. I would listen to what she had to say and that's what no one did.

lol jk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her?   If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you ever meet Sue Klebold what would you say to her?
Page 1 of 1