Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Orlando Pulse Club Shooting.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Pulse Club Shooting.   Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:36 am

Update:

Some victim names have been released. if you know anyone who needs utmost support please give and share it amongst everyone.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

New editions:

Joel Rayon Paniagua, 32 years old

Jason Benjamin Josaphat, 19 years old

Cory James Connell, 21 years old

Juan P. Rivera Velazquez, 37 years old

Luis Daniel Conde, 39 years old

Shane Evan Tomlinson, 33 years old

Juan Chevez-Martinez, 25 years old

Jerald Arthur Wright, 31 years old

Leroy Valentin Fernandez, 25 years old

Tevin Eugene Crosby, 25 years old

Jonathan Antonio Camuy Vega, 24 years old

Jean C. Nives Rodriguez, 27 years old

Rodolfo Ayala-Ayala, 33 years old

Brenda Lee Marquez McCool, 49 years old

Yilmary Rodriguez Sulivan, 24 years old

Christopher Andrew Leinonen, 32 years old

Angel L. Candelario-Padro, 28 years old

Frank Hernandez, 27 years old

Paul Terrell Henry, 41 years old

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Considering the amount of casualties, giving out love to our LGBT community and our fellow latin/hispanic/puerto rican brothers and sisters.

shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Pulse Club Shooting.   Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:34 am

Snapchat video shared by Brian Alvear, brother of Amanda Alvear, victim of the nightclub shooting.
This were her videos she took during the night, where gunshots could be heard in the last clip:

QuestionMarkKid

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Pulse Club Shooting.   Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:12 pm

Fascinating.  I'm guessing she died?  She's not on the list, and the media simply refers to her as a "victim", which couldn't be more vague.

Oh, yes, her Facebook is now a memorial page.  Interesting how her cover picture said "better things are coming", but got cropped to just say "things are coming".  I suppose that was true.

Anyway, I wonder what it's like for the family.  It's amazing that presumably her last moments were recorded on her phone, and now on YouTube.  That just isn't something that happens often.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Pulse Club Shooting.   Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:31 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Fascinating. I'm guessing she died? She's not on the list, and the media simply refers to her as a "victim", which couldn't be more vague.

Oh, yes, her Facebook is now a memorial page. Interesting how her cover picture said "better things are coming", but got cropped to just say "things are coming". I suppose that was true.

Anyway, I wonder what it's like for the family. It's amazing that presumably her last moments were recorded on her phone, and now on YouTube. That just isn't something that happens often.

yes she was killed, her name is on the list.
and at this era with snapchat and everything, most cases of murders or deaths always end up on social media which is yeah, fascinating. but tragic.

shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Pulse Club Shooting.   Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:08 am

Pretty good podcast I listen to, discussing the shooting and referencing Columbine, guns, suicide, mass shooting, etc.

The debate over this shooting as I have mentioned above is extremely messy. People are desperately looking for the root to blame. Is it the access to guns? Is it the radical islam beliefs to breed homophobia? etc etc... a good listen.
But mind you this guy has a pretty biased view meaning he's kinda defending the fact that gun control can't be implemented or helped, he's very adamant that it's not guns to be blamed. He goes a full circle on gun-related crimes and focusing on other factors that cause it. He makes a good point that a couple of mass shootings depend on if the assault rifles were retrieved legally or not, and that it's gonna be really hard to disarm americans with their guns.

Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Pulse Club Shooting.   Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:16 am

Greg Zanis (the man who made the Columbine crosses) makes crosses for Orlando victims.

Sane One

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Pulse Club Shooting.   Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:15 am

This guy had some serious hatred towards gays. He frequented the club this year (probably was casing it out).

Planned it all out in advance. I think he just went with the ISIS thing just for his own humor. Why the hell not type of thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Pulse Club Shooting.   Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:04 am

This guy had some serious hatred towards gays. He frequented the club this year (probably was casing it out).

Planned it all out in advance. I think he just went with the ISIS thing just for his own humor. Why the hell not type of thing.

I absolutely agree with you.

Draw_It_White
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Pulse Club Shooting.   Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:39 pm

Greg Zanis (the man who made the Columbine crosses) makes crosses for Orlando victims.

Interesting to see that this time he doesn't appear to have made the shooter one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vii

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Pulse Club Shooting.   Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:50 am

I read that he was considering other places too (such as Disney World). I think he mainly just wanted to target the place that would hold the most people and wouldn't be too hard to attack.
The media is making yet another mistake... Interviewing childhood friends, neighbors, posting private photographs, discussing family background, etc. There are some people in front of the computer screen/TV watching it and considering doing something similar to get revenge and world attention at the same time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Pulse Club Shooting.   Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:24 pm

Interesting to see that this time he doesn't appear to have made the shooter one.

Right? Can we talk about this for one second? It's only a matter of time till someone goes so what makes him different from E&D? What the boys did was almost as close to hometown terror, they were hateful too, etc, and they got crosses because they were troubled kids but this guy, because he wasn't a bullied teen? Cause he was a grown man, muslim, homophobic, killed more?

shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Pulse Club Shooting.   Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:28 pm

I read that he was considering other places too (such as Disney World). I think he mainly just wanted to target the place that would hold the most people and wouldn't be too hard to attack.
The media is making yet another mistake... Interviewing childhood friends, neighbors, posting private photographs, discussing family background, etc. There are some people in front of the computer screen/TV watching it and considering doing something similar to get revenge and world attention at the same time.

Yeah. They wanna dig real deep into his roots because of the whole Islam thing. They wanna paint a picture of him for the rest of us which is cringeworhty. The whole radicalism thing is through the roof. It's a battle of whether his homophobia is tied to his beliefs or whether he was just groomed to be against it thus causing this hate crime. And now that this Disney-World plot came in, did he just wanna cause a mass shooting?
Gosh it's morbid that the best way to get off and get attention is picking up a gun and killing.

sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Pulse Club Shooting.   Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:18 am

For Immediate Distribution: June 20, 2016

Investigative Update Regarding Pulse Nightclub Shooting

ORLANDO – In order to provide an update on the progress of the investigation into the Pulse nightclub shooting, the FBI is releasing an excerpt from the timeline of events inside the Pulse nightclub during the early morning hours of Sunday, June 12, 2016. Out of respect for the victims of this horrific tragedy, law enforcement will not be releasing audio of the shooter’s 911 calls at this time, nor will law enforcement be releasing audio or transcripts of the calls made by victims at the Pulse nightclub during the incident. Furthermore, the name of the shooter and that of the person/group to whom he pledged allegiance are omitted.

The following is based on Orlando Police Department (OPD) radio communication (times are approximate):

2:02 a.m.: OPD call transmitted multiple shots fired at Pulse nightclub.

2:04a.m.: Additional OPD officers arrived on scene.

2:08 a.m.: Officers from various law enforcement agencies made entrance to Pulse and engaged the shooter.

2:18 a.m.: OPD S.W.A.T. (Special Weapons & Tactics) initiated a full call-out.

2:35 a.m.: Shooter contacted a 911 operator from inside Pulse. The call lasted approximately 50 seconds, the details of which are set out below:
Orlando Police Dispatcher (OD) Shooter (OM)
OD: Emergency 911, this is being recorded.
OM: In the name of God the Merciful, the beneficial [in Arabic] OD: What?
OM: Praise be to God, and prayers as well as peace be upon the prophet of God [in Arabic]. I let you know, I’m in Orlando and I did the shootings.
OD: What’s your name? OM: My name is I pledge of allegiance to [omitted]. OD: Ok, What’s your name?
OM: I pledge allegiance to [omitted] may God protect him [in Arabic], on behalf of [omitted].
OD: Alright, where are you at?
OM: In Orlando.
OD: Where in Orlando?
[End of call.]

(Shortly thereafter, the shooter engaged in three conversations with OPD’s Crisis Negotiation Team.)

2:48 a.m.: First crisis negotiation call occurred lasting approximately nine minutes.

3:03 a.m.: Second crisis negotiation call occurred lasting approximately 16 minutes.

3:24 a.m.: Third crisis negotiation call occurred lasting approximately three minutes.

In these calls, the shooter, who identified himself as an Islamic soldier, told the crisis negotiator that he was the person who pledged his allegiance to [omitted], and told the negotiator to tell America to stop bombing Syria and Iraq and that is why he was “out here right now.” When the crisis negotiator asked the shooter what he had done, the shooter stated, “No, you already know what I did.” The shooter continued, stating, “There is some vehicle outside that has some bombs, just to let you know. You people are gonna get it, and I’m gonna ignite it if they try to do anything stupid.” Later in the call with the crisis negotiator, the shooter stated that he had a vest, and further described it as the kind they “used in France.” The shooter later stated, “In the next few days, you’re going to see more of this type of action going on.” The shooter hung up and multiple attempts to get in touch with him were unsuccessful.

4:21 a.m.: OPD pulled an air conditioning unit out of a Pulse dressing room window for victims to evacuate.
(While the FBI will not be releasing transcripts of OPD communication with victims, significant information obtained from those victims allowed OPD to gain knowledge of the situation inside Pulse.)

4:29 a.m.: As victims were being rescued, they told OPD the shooter said he was going to put four vests with bombs on victims within 15 minutes.
(An immediate search of the shooter’s vehicle on scene and inside Pulse ultimately revealed no vest or improvised explosive device.)

5:02 a.m.: OPD SWAT and OCSO Hazardous Device Team began to breach wall with explosive charge and armored vehicle to make entry.

5:14 a.m.: OPD radio communication stated that shots were fired.

5:15 a.m.: OPD radio communication stated that OPD engaged the suspect and the suspect was reported down.

Based on OPD radio communications, there were no reports of shots being fired inside Pulse between the initial exchange of gunfire between responding officers and shooter, and the time of the final breach. During this time, the shooter communicated with an OPD 911 operator and an OPD crisis negotiator, and OPD radio communications reported that victims were being rescued.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draw_It_White
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Pulse Club Shooting.   Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:58 am

liquorvamp wrote:

Right? Can we talk about this for one second? It's only a matter of time till someone goes so what makes him different from E&D? What the boys did was almost as close to hometown terror, they were hateful too, etc, and they got crosses because they were troubled kids but this guy, because he wasn't a bullied teen? Cause he was a grown man, muslim, homophobic, killed more?

I'm guessing he hasn't done any for the shooters since Columbine (not 100% sure on this) due to the trouble it caused when Al started chopping down Eric & Dylan's crosses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Pulse Club Shooting.   Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:40 am

I called and believed Mateen was a closeted homosexual.

PaintItBlack
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Pulse Club Shooting.   Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:49 am

liquorvamp wrote:

I think its because this guy was motivated by a strong religious ideology while E &D had none.
Plus everyone is on edge fearing more terrorist attacks because there has been several major ones in the last 8 months.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vii

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Pulse Club Shooting.   Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:33 pm

liquorvamp wrote:

I think its because this guy was motivated by a strong religious ideology while E &D had none.
Plus everyone is on edge fearing more terrorist attacks because there has been several major ones in the last 8 months.
Apparently he believed in god but wasn't a very religious person. It looks more like he was close to his culture and really was pissed at America for attacking his origin country (which he admitted was a reason) or wanted to go for a rampage just because and needed an excuse. It seems like he was very disturbed and violent for an long time. This country clearly needs a new game plan for situations like this. Whatever they're doing hasn't been working too well. Over a 100 got shot (multiple times) this time because the perpetrator had plenty of time to do that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Juicy Jazzy
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Pulse Club Shooting.   Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:19 pm

Greg Zanis has made crosses for each victim, like how he did with the Columbine victims.

edit: didn't see Jenn's post above hehe
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Orlando Pulse Club Shooting.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2