Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 
 

 Footage of them placing the bombs?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
asloversgo



Posts : 90
Join date : 2016-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Footage of them placing the bombs?   Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:00 pm

I have a researcher friend who did the walk through himself and I thought I would share it. He doesn’t post here but I can send any questions his way 

“I started in the Parking lot in Clements Park, parking as close to the school as I can get. This is, according to their plans, where they parked.
I cannot remember if this was verified by eyewitness testimony, but it was noted in their plans.
It does make sense. They didn’t park in the Junior or Senior lot, and the only other parking was the teacher and guest parking in front of the school. To park there would have created too much chance of being discovered. Students never parked there. They often parked in Clements Park, despite the harassment they received for parking there.
I parked in one of the most likely spots, up by the baseball fields. These are out of sight from the school, and it is not a busy area at all. The parking lot in Clements Park sits above the school and cannot be seen.


I walk from my car, past The Dave Sanders Memorial Field, The school is next, and I walk by the back of the school, with few windows facing me. This would have been the route they would have taken. It is the back of the school and pretty much out of sight.
It is, from my car, 4 minutes and 40 seconds to the door of the school. Then I walked paralleling the cafeteria until I was at about the place they had placed the bombs. That took 60 seconds each way.

I walked back to my car, walking a little faster, trying to match their estimated speed. They wouldn’t be carrying the duffel bags going back to the cars, so they could have walked a little faster. That took 4 minutes and 23 seconds.

Estimating about 2-3 minutes for them to suit up, i waited a few minutes, then got in and drove my car to the student parking lot, and parked in the space in the junior lot where Eric had parked on April 20th. That short drive took 1:57.


Then, estimating a few more minutes at the car, while Eric unloaded another duffel bag and got dressed into his suspenders and trenchcoat, I walked to the top of the hill, on the West side of the school, where the two had, according to witnesses, met, and waited. The unloading took 2-3 minutes, and the walk took 2:49. Yes, it took 2 minutes and 49 seconds. It was about 120 yards to the meeting place at the top of the little hill by the fence. These landmarks are not there anymore, having been removed and new steps installed, but the distance is the same.
The total time was approx. 17 minutes, depending on a few variables. How long did they wait in Clements Park?
How long did it take to get suited up?

So, at 10:58 am Eric is walking into the cafeteria with a bomb in a duffel bag. This is actually a bit suspect. Is it really him? It appears to be. Could he have actually carried that much weight?
Could 145 pound Eric carry a full propane tank, gasoline, napalm and more in a duffel bag in one hand?
Have actually tried it, years ago, and I doubt that he could. But, I have to assume it is possible, because we are seeing him and Dylan actually doing it. They are smaller bags than I expected, and they weigh a lot, but they carry them in quite casually and without much apparent effort.
The 10:58 time on the video means that they parked in the lot at Clements Park 4 minutes and 40 seconds before that, got out of the car, took a minute or two to get ready, and then walked to the school. They didn’t run, because that would have drawn attention. They had to walk, at a reasonable pace, and not attract attention.


The 10:58 am time sets them in the time overview about 5 minutes into the walk I took. So, starting at the school, they leave at 10:59, and walk back to their cars.
All of these times are approximate.


Based on this time-line review, they are pulling into the parking lot at the school at about 11:07 and then walk to the top of the hill at about 11:12.
The shooting started after 11:17. Possibly as late as 11:20
Does this make sense?


It is close enough, given the unknown times for them to unload the cars and get suited up, for this to match. They were seen pulling into the school drive at around 11:08 or 11:10.Any variation would be accounted for in the time they waited at the cars in Clements Park, in the time they took to get ready in the parking lot, and the time they waited at the top of the hill by the fence.
The times can work.


The real question now is: Can they have carried in the bombs in one trip? Were they strong enough? If we add the approx. 8 minutes and 40 seconds that a second trip would have required, there is simply not enough time, unless the video shows them taking their second trip. If they had started with an added first trip ten minutes earlier, then the timing can still work."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draw_It_White
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1085
Join date : 2014-01-27
Age : 33
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Footage of them placing the bombs?   Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:18 pm

I was talking to Randy about this and he had the same thoughts re the weight of the bombs and the effortless way the people on the recording seemed to be carrying it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
asloversgo



Posts : 90
Join date : 2016-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Footage of them placing the bombs?   Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:22 pm

cool!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2766
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: Footage of them placing the bombs?   Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:23 pm

Well, Eric struggled, you can see. Dylan not so much as he was taller. And honestly if you do it quick it's not too hard to carry such weight with you especially when you're psyching yourself out in your mind to do it carefully.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2766
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: Footage of them placing the bombs?   Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:23 pm

What exactly is that real-time account trying to prove?

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nirvana92

avatar

Posts : 360
Join date : 2015-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Footage of them placing the bombs?   Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:48 am

asloversgo wrote:
I have a researcher friend who did the walk through himself and I thought I would share it. He doesn’t post here but I can send any questions his way 

“I started in the Parking lot in Clements Park, parking as close to the school as I can get. This is, according to their plans, where they parked.
I cannot remember if this was verified by eyewitness testimony, but it was noted in their plans.
It does make sense. They didn’t park in the Junior or Senior lot, and the only other parking was the teacher and guest parking in front of the school. To park there would have created too much chance of being discovered. Students never parked there. They often parked in Clements Park, despite the harassment they received for parking there.
I parked in one of the most likely spots, up by the baseball fields. These are out of sight from the school, and it is not a busy area at all. The parking lot in Clements Park sits above the school and cannot be seen.


I walk from my car, past The Dave Sanders Memorial Field, The school is next, and I walk by the back of the school, with few windows facing me. This would have been the route they would have taken. It is the back of the school and pretty much out of sight.
It is, from my car, 4 minutes and 40 seconds to the door of the school. Then I walked paralleling the cafeteria until I was at about the place they had placed the bombs. That took 60 seconds each way.

I walked back to my car, walking a little faster, trying to match their estimated speed. They wouldn’t be carrying the duffel bags going back to the cars, so they could have walked a little faster. That took 4 minutes and 23 seconds.

Estimating about 2-3 minutes for them to suit up, i waited a few minutes, then got in and drove my car to the student parking lot, and parked in the space in the junior lot where Eric had parked on April 20th. That short drive took 1:57.


Then, estimating a few more minutes at the car, while Eric unloaded another duffel bag and got dressed into his suspenders and trenchcoat, I walked to the top of the hill, on the West side of the school, where the two had, according to witnesses, met, and waited. The unloading took 2-3 minutes, and the walk took 2:49. Yes, it took 2 minutes and 49 seconds. It was about 120 yards to the meeting place at the top of the little hill by the fence. These landmarks are not there anymore, having been removed and new steps installed, but the distance is the same.
The total time was approx. 17 minutes, depending on a few variables. How long did they wait in Clements Park?
How long did it take to get suited up?

So, at 10:58 am Eric is walking into the cafeteria with a bomb in a duffel bag. This is actually a bit suspect. Is it really him? It appears to be. Could he have actually carried that much weight?
Could 145 pound Eric carry a full propane tank, gasoline, napalm and more in a duffel bag in one hand?
Have actually tried it, years ago, and I doubt that he could. But, I have to assume it is possible, because we are seeing him and Dylan actually doing it. They are smaller bags than I expected, and they weigh a lot, but they carry them in quite casually and without much apparent effort.
The 10:58 time on the video means that they parked in the lot at Clements Park 4 minutes and 40 seconds before that, got out of the car, took a minute or two to get ready, and then walked to the school. They didn’t run, because that would have drawn attention. They had to walk, at a reasonable pace, and not attract attention.


The 10:58 am time sets them in the time overview about 5 minutes into the walk I took. So, starting at the school, they leave at 10:59, and walk back to their cars.
All of these times are approximate.


Based on this time-line review, they are pulling into the parking lot at the school at about 11:07 and then walk to the top of the hill at about 11:12.
The shooting started after 11:17. Possibly as late as 11:20
Does this make sense?


It is close enough, given the unknown times for them to unload the cars and get suited up, for this to match. They were seen pulling into the school drive at around 11:08 or 11:10.Any variation would be accounted for in the time they waited at the cars in Clements Park, in the time they took to get ready in the parking lot, and the time they waited at the top of the hill by the fence.
The times can work.


The real question now is: Can they have carried in the bombs in one trip? Were they strong enough? If we add the approx. 8 minutes and 40 seconds that a second trip would have required, there is simply not enough time, unless the video shows them taking their second trip. If they had started with an added first trip ten minutes earlier, then the timing can still work."


I don't think its too much of a stretch to think Eric and Dylan could carry those bags like that. There's that old saying about "mothers lifting cars up off their child". Adrenaline acts as a simultaneous energy boost and pain killer. Imagine the adrenaline rush carrying those bombs in while mere minutes from NBK must have given E/D. And too be honest the kid who is supposedly Eric isn't having the easiest of times. There's clearly some weight in the bag he's carrying and he seems to be fighting to keep his balance straight. Dylan being lanky combined with his large walking stride makes it hard to tell the weight of the bag. The shirt on Dylan alone is enough evidence for me. I understand the skepticism about that being Eric though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1758
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Footage of them placing the bombs?   Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:04 am

Nirvana92 wrote:
asloversgo wrote:
I have a researcher friend who did the walk through himself and I thought I would share it. He doesn’t post here but I can send any questions his way 

“I started in the Parking lot in Clements Park, parking as close to the school as I can get. This is, according to their plans, where they parked.
I cannot remember if this was verified by eyewitness testimony, but it was noted in their plans.
It does make sense. They didn’t park in the Junior or Senior lot, and the only other parking was the teacher and guest parking in front of the school. To park there would have created too much chance of being discovered. Students never parked there. They often parked in Clements Park, despite the harassment they received for parking there.
I parked in one of the most likely spots, up by the baseball fields. These are out of sight from the school, and it is not a busy area at all. The parking lot in Clements Park sits above the school and cannot be seen.


I walk from my car, past The Dave Sanders Memorial Field, The school is next, and I walk by the back of the school, with few windows facing me. This would have been the route they would have taken. It is the back of the school and pretty much out of sight.
It is, from my car, 4 minutes and 40 seconds to the door of the school. Then I walked paralleling the cafeteria until I was at about the place they had placed the bombs. That took 60 seconds each way.

I walked back to my car, walking a little faster, trying to match their estimated speed. They wouldn’t be carrying the duffel bags going back to the cars, so they could have walked a little faster. That took 4 minutes and 23 seconds.

Estimating about 2-3 minutes for them to suit up, i waited a few minutes, then got in and drove my car to the student parking lot, and parked in the space in the junior lot where Eric had parked on April 20th. That short drive took 1:57.


Then, estimating a few more minutes at the car, while Eric unloaded another duffel bag and got dressed into his suspenders and trenchcoat, I walked to the top of the hill, on the West side of the school, where the two had, according to witnesses, met, and waited. The unloading took 2-3 minutes, and the walk took 2:49. Yes, it took 2 minutes and 49 seconds. It was about 120 yards to the meeting place at the top of the little hill by the fence. These landmarks are not there anymore, having been removed and new steps installed, but the distance is the same.
The total time was approx. 17 minutes, depending on a few variables. How long did they wait in Clements Park?
How long did it take to get suited up?

So, at 10:58 am Eric is walking into the cafeteria with a bomb in a duffel bag. This is actually a bit suspect. Is it really him? It appears to be. Could he have actually carried that much weight?
Could 145 pound Eric carry a full propane tank, gasoline, napalm and more in a duffel bag in one hand?
Have actually tried it, years ago, and I doubt that he could. But, I have to assume it is possible, because we are seeing him and Dylan actually doing it. They are smaller bags than I expected, and they weigh a lot, but they carry them in quite casually and without much apparent effort.
The 10:58 time on the video means that they parked in the lot at Clements Park 4 minutes and 40 seconds before that, got out of the car, took a minute or two to get ready, and then walked to the school. They didn’t run, because that would have drawn attention. They had to walk, at a reasonable pace, and not attract attention.


The 10:58 am time sets them in the time overview about 5 minutes into the walk I took. So, starting at the school, they leave at 10:59, and walk back to their cars.
All of these times are approximate.


Based on this time-line review, they are pulling into the parking lot at the school at about 11:07 and then walk to the top of the hill at about 11:12.
The shooting started after 11:17. Possibly as late as 11:20
Does this make sense?


It is close enough, given the unknown times for them to unload the cars and get suited up, for this to match. They were seen pulling into the school drive at around 11:08 or 11:10.Any variation would be accounted for in the time they waited at the cars in Clements Park, in the time they took to get ready in the parking lot, and the time they waited at the top of the hill by the fence.
The times can work.


The real question now is: Can they have carried in the bombs in one trip? Were they strong enough? If we add the approx. 8 minutes and 40 seconds that a second trip would have required, there is simply not enough time, unless the video shows them taking their second trip. If they had started with an added first trip ten minutes earlier, then the timing can still work."


I don't think its too much of a stretch to think Eric and Dylan could carry those bags like that. There's that old saying about "mothers lifting cars up off their child". Adrenaline acts as a simultaneous energy boost and pain killer. Imagine the adrenaline rush carrying those bombs in while mere minutes from NBK must have given E/D. And too be honest the kid who is supposedly Eric isn't having the easiest of times. There's clearly some weight in the bag he's carrying and he seems to be fighting to keep his balance straight. Dylan being lanky combined with his large walking stride makes it hard to tell the weight of the bag. The shirt on Dylan alone is enough evidence for me. I understand the skepticism about that being Eric though.

I am with you. I def think he could have carried it. It would have been a lot of weight but he was pumped and ready to go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
shades
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2766
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: Footage of them placing the bombs?   Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:04 am

Thank you I was making the same point [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lasttrain
Top 10 Contributor


Posts : 629
Join date : 2013-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Footage of them placing the bombs?   Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:04 am

The weight of the bombs were not a problem at all.

From CNN:

Blending in with 400 other backpacks and bags scattered throughout the cafeteria, the duffel bags conceal 20-pound propane bombs timed to explode at 11:17 a.m.

Each tank was 20 lbs. A study determined that the average weight of a 6th grader's backpack in the US is 20-30 lbs. Next time you are at a sporting goods store go heft a pair of 20 lbs. weights.  Easy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lasttrain
Top 10 Contributor


Posts : 629
Join date : 2013-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Footage of them placing the bombs?   Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:08 am

As far as the walkthrough timeline is concerned, which entrance do we think they utilized when they planted the bombs?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1758
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Footage of them placing the bombs?   Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:09 am

lasttrain wrote:
As far as the walkthrough timeline is concerned, which entrance do we think they utilized when they planted the bombs?

I think the west entrance near the Teacher's lounge maybe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
shades
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2766
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: Footage of them placing the bombs?   Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:02 pm

Lizpuff is correct that's from West

Well, a known Columbine blogger/tumblr just went to littleton and the school in the flesh and took pictures of the cafeteria and where the cctv camera that captured them is placed. I mean, you may refer to her blog for actual details. I can't link it on here though.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lasttrain
Top 10 Contributor


Posts : 629
Join date : 2013-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Footage of them placing the bombs?   Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:52 pm

Is it against the rules for me to ask you to PM me the name of the blog? I am not familiar with that world but I would like to see the pictures.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
asloversgo



Posts : 90
Join date : 2016-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Footage of them placing the bombs?   Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:55 pm

lasttrain wrote:
Is it against the rules for me to ask you to PM me the name of the blog?  I am not familiar with that world but I would like to see the pictures.

I would like to see it as well!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lasttrain
Top 10 Contributor


Posts : 629
Join date : 2013-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Footage of them placing the bombs?   Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:58 pm

What I don't understand from the walkthrough above is why the researcher started in Clement Park?  Surely Eric and Dylan just parked right at the school and walked in the northwest entrance to the cafeteria, and then went to Clement Park afterward. That's what they planned, and that's what it appears they did.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2766
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: Footage of them placing the bombs?   Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] PM-ed.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2766
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: Footage of them placing the bombs?   Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:21 pm

lasttrain wrote:
What I don't understand from the walkthrough above is why the researcher started in Clement Park? Surely Eric and Dylan just parked right at the school and walked in the northwest entrance to the cafeteria, and then went to Clement Park afterward. That's what they planned, and that's what it appears they did.
Yeah I don't know either. It left me confused. We need to remember they made two trips. They headed to school for bomb placement, left to gear up, and then went back for rampage. This account sounds like it's trying to re-enact the first one.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whomper



Posts : 1
Join date : 2017-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Footage of them placing the bombs?   Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:48 am

[quote="1891"]
Vii wrote:
It all contradicts with Brook's story. He said he saw Eric pull up after 11:00 AM.
Either the investigators were too lazy to watch the whole footage carefully or they identified the guy (It would have been a pretty big coincidence if it wasn't them considering a flannel shirt, bags, and time frame.)

They could've had the cars closer to the entrance, planted the bombs, then drove to their respective parking places. Could explain why Brooks saw Erik "pull up" at 11:00.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
starrwilliams

avatar

Posts : 96
Join date : 2017-02-22
Age : 59
Location : nashville, tn

PostSubject: Re: Footage of them placing the bombs?   Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:00 pm

shades wrote:
If it's possible at all, maybe the best way to compare is with the evidence photos of the bags placed in the cafeteria after the massacre with the video footage and put together the exact location...as in if it's noticable enough that the spot is the same.
If likely then CVA should get his credit for pointing this out though I'm sure someone else may have spotted this before but didn't share.

Someone else discovered it and sent it to CVA. He did credit that person for the find.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Footage of them placing the bombs?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Documents, evidence, and videos-
Jump to: