Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Problematic: Eric Harris' Homophobia

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Problematic: Eric Harris' Homophobia   Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:57 am

Hectic wrote:
You may find similar shock value content in a lot of teenagers journals, but how many of them will formulate a plan to kill 100's of students, including people they are friends with? I would take what that teenager says literally in a journal, because he proved he wasn't kidding. He was a sadistic, deeply disturbed kid.

Yeah, I've always found it weird how casual Eric and Dylan were about the prospect of their friends dying in the planned explosions. "Morris, Nate, if you guys live, I want you guys to have whatever you want from my room", "Susan, sorry. Under different circumstances it would've been a lot different. I want you to have that fly CD." Such little regard for the fact that their selfish actions could have potentially killed their friends/romantic interests or severely maimed them. Then reading the 11k and hearing about how they waved and nodded greetings to their friends and acquaintances when they were getting ready to plant the bombs. Definitely a genuine emotional detachment there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Problematic: Eric Harris' Homophobia   Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:54 am

But what if they're okay with their peers and people they know dying because they were going to be dead themselves? So they thought it's nothing to feel guilty about because everyone's going down with them. Alongside being completely emotionally detached that day. To them they probably felt what makes it okay was that they the killers will be taken out too.

Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Problematic: Eric Harris' Homophobia   Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:55 am

ultraviolencelv wrote:
But what if they're okay with their peers and people they know dying because they were going to be dead themselves? So they thought it's nothing to feel guilty about because everyone's going down with them. Alongside being completely emotionally detached that day. To them they probably felt what makes it okay was that they the killers will be taken out too.

Jumping off from this....and this is a reach for sure but if Dylan really did believe death was a better thing than being alive and unhappy perhaps he thought he was doing them a favor by killing them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Problematic: Eric Harris' Homophobia   Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:07 am

Lizpuff wrote:
Jumping off from this....and this is a reach for sure but if Dylan really did believe death was a better thing than being alive and unhappy perhaps he thought he was doing them a favor by killing them.
Boom. That's actually a perfect possible point of view to look at. Didn't eric spout something along those lines too in one of his many novels? It may be my imagination.

Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Problematic: Eric Harris' Homophobia   Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:09 am

ultraviolencelv wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
Boom. That's actually a perfect possible point of view to look at. Didn't eric spout something along those lines too in one of his many novels? It may be my imagination.

I haven't reread but I think he mentioned something about how he would rather die than follow the other sheep or some such.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Problematic: Eric Harris' Homophobia
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2