Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

"I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:40 am

Tomb wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
ultraviolencelv wrote:
Any word on whether the Scotts have commented on this? Is it my imagination that I've read somewhere that Craig himself is clocking out on this mess
'

I remember hearing or reading at one point that Craig did not support this movie and did not want it made and put it on his FB or something

I mean, couldn't they take legal action to stop its release? They have resources available in abundance to them. If it were my family and somebody was making a movie I didn't agree to/with, I would try any avenue to keep it from being released.

He maybe could. Honestly though I am not sure how much of his opposition is real. He was one of the big Cassie said Yes Supporters. I think perhaps he may disagree with the way this movie was made, but I think he likes the attention coming back onto his family
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:04 am

Lizpuff wrote:
Tomb wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
ultraviolencelv wrote:
Any word on whether the Scotts have commented on this? Is it my imagination that I've read somewhere that Craig himself is clocking out on this mess
'

I remember hearing or reading at one point that Craig did not support this movie and did not want it made and put it on his FB or something

I mean, couldn't they take legal action to stop its release? They have resources available in abundance to them. If it were my family and somebody was making a movie I didn't agree to/with, I would try any avenue to keep it from being released.

He maybe could.  Honestly though I am not sure how much of his opposition is real.  He was one of the big Cassie said Yes Supporters.  I think perhaps he may disagree with the way this movie was made, but I think he likes the attention coming back onto his family

Yes, he was very adamant Cassie Said Yes, even after presented with the fact that it was Valeen. I wonder if he still believes it was Cassie?
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:40 am

Tomb wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
Tomb wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
ultraviolencelv wrote:
'

He maybe could.  Honestly though I am not sure how much of his opposition is real.  He was one of the big Cassie said Yes Supporters.  I think perhaps he may disagree with the way this movie was made, but I think he likes the attention coming back onto his family

Yes, he was very adamant Cassie Said Yes, even after presented with the fact that it was Valeen. I wonder if he still believes it was Cassie?

IDK about now but he sure was pretty blown away when he pointed out where he heard the YES from and where Cassie was sitting and I know he didn't want to accept it then
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:45 am

As an aside, I really feel for him, to lose his sister after having reportedly argued with her that very morning and then survive the library massacre. It seems so much for one family.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:01 pm

Tomb wrote:
As an aside, I really feel for him, to lose his sister after having reportedly argued with her that very morning and then survive the library massacre. It seems so much for one family.

Yes! How hard would it be to escape from the library thinking you just dodged a very literal bullet and then realize your sister didn't make it!?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:43 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
Tomb wrote:

Yes!  How hard would it be to escape from the library thinking you just dodged a very literal bullet and then realize your sister didn't make it!?

And to have had a quarrel of some sort that morning on top of it. Tragic.
Back to top Go down
Sane One

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:05 pm

I know Richard has changed his story of events time and time again but a lot of it probably has to do with him just being in shock the 1st couple years. Trying to remember what happened. I don't see why he would lie about what took place.

Security guy didn't arrive on the scene for at least 5 minutes after the 1st shots rang out. A lot of that has to do with the fact when the 1st couple shots rang out, nobody really knew what was going on and he was so far away in the 1st place that it took some time to arrive. There was more than enough to time to see what happened to their 1st targets and go back down the stairs and engage Graves, Kirklin etc..

I think the most important evidence that the encounter might just have happened between Eric and Rachel is the fact Patti Nielsen personally saw Eric SMILE right at her as she was approaching the glass doors followed yy gunshots (miraculously nobody was severely hit inside). For her to see him or Dylan or both, means one thing, they had to have passed Rachel and Richard in the process.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sane One

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:21 pm

and you have to keep in mind the usual suspects that would be all out there during lunch weren't there because they were all somewhere else getting high because it was 4/20.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:31 pm

Well, from the synopsis of her autopsy, none of the gunshot wounds demonstrated characteristics compatible with that story. It seemed all her wounds were from a distance, not in-your-face close range
Back to top Go down
Sane One

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:09 pm

If she was hit in the head during the first hail of bullets, it would likely mean she died instantly so Richard hearing her cry would be complete bull.

But like I said, I'm not sure what he would gain from making this up?

Some FBI guy or guys believe Eric and Dylan never returned to the area where Rachel and Richard were shot but if Patti did in fact see Eric smiling at her it would mean they would have without a doubt been in the area because they would have needed to pass them.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:31 pm

If I could get her full autopsy report, that would clear it up without a doubt. As far as Castaldo, he suffered so much trauma, he was maybe hallucinating it or, while in the hospital, heard the She Said Yes subconsciously and ran with it. He's an unreliable witness.
Back to top Go down
aquillina

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:36 pm

Not gonna bother spending my seven or so dollars on this movie. Although I may download and watch it so I can inspiration for my stories.

shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:58 pm

Yeah he's unreliable. He knew himself he didn't know what he had spouted back then. Harris and Scott never had that sort of contact. Why do people keep trying to make things that didn't happen happen?

shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:08 pm

And i won't really listen to anything Patti says.

shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:11 pm

We all know how 4/20 happened realistically and that's it. Stop trying to create a sentimental fantasy out of the dead. Let alone this Christian whitewash of a movie. And speaking of which, the movie is making out the boys to be more sinister than they really are.

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:21 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:
Yeah he's unreliable. He knew himself he didn't know what he had spouted back then. Harris and Scott never had that sort of contact. Why do people keep trying to make things that didn't happen happen?

I mean he recanted that at some point, didn't he? Now, he won't discuss it, which is understandable.

I do not believe Eric OR Dylan pulled her up be the hair, asked the god question, she Said Yes, and they said fine go be with Him.

There is no evidence available that shows a point blank head shot.
Back to top Go down
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:31 pm

He recanted and eventually wouldn't talk about it no more.

shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:32 pm

Why on earth he'd make up that lie about his dead Friend and pulled the god question info
Off of another scenario is a mystery to me. Now Scott's family is feeding off of that and then cassie's did the same.

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:41 pm

I think maybe he heard coverage iwhile he recovering in the hospital and somehow maybe convinced himself this happened to Rachel and maybe he hallucinated it. Somebody maybe even fed him that story. We don't know and he doesn't know either.

Like I say, from what limited autopsy info we have, there is NO evidence she was shot point blank.

As you can tell, this is a pet peeve of mine, with no disrespect to Rachel or Richard whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I totally get it.

Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:47 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:
We all know how 4/20 happened realistically and that's it. Stop trying to create a sentimental fantasy out of the dead. Let alone this Christian whitewash of a movie. And speaking of which, the movie is making out the boys to be more sinister than they really are.

This is what bothers me. What E&D did in reality was sinister enough, and it's not necessary for them to stretch the truth. I know This kinda thing happens in film adaptations of actual events all the time, but they created this entire movie around a lie to promote religion and I just can't respect that.

Based on the comments section of the trailer, I think a lot of people are more against this movie than for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aquillina

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:44 pm

On secound thought, this movie looks gawd awful. Can't they at least get all the facts straight? Such a waste IMO.

shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:44 am

Rachel is probably rolling in her own grave at this. If she is as selfless as they said she's changed to become, she probably wouldn't want this of her at all. She would want all the victims to get a proper tribute of their own. I get it, if it helps the Scotts cope like it did for the Bernalls then I get it, I do. But this is is just plain gross to me. I just can't, I won't, I do not like that they turned an actual murder encounter into an embellished lie. Eric's execution never went that way.

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:49 pm

@ultraviolencelv EXACTLY!! what about all the other victims who are all but forgotten for not being indoctrinated in this seemingly Christian cult?
Back to top Go down
asloversgo

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:51 pm

I haven't read everyones comments but I can tell you a bit more since I have been in contact with their team. Craig Scott makes a cameo as a store cashier but it's true that he didn't know about the project right away.

It's about Rachel's life ONLY from journals and friends and her death is like 10 seconds of the entire movie. The churches that have shown it are saying that its surprising, it shows who rachel really was. It shows parties and drugs and her struggles as written in her journals.

Masey Mclain who plays Rachel was chosen by Rachel's mother and it took about a year for her to choose someone. Masey spent months with Beth and read all of Rachel's writings.

I am booking a screening here in Utah. You can buy a theater out, request tickets for groups etc. Our movie theaters are already showing the trailer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:15 pm

Yeah, no thanks. Maybe somebody will give us an overview when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:12 pm

Nah. I'd rather a tribute for the other victims than the obvious popular one with religion thrown all over it. Everyone else has an interesting backstory too not just one person just because they have a lot of friends. The basis of the movie is already out of a lie how is that not disturbing? Why are we glorifying a singular person?

shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:13 am

I feel like this movie is a weird testament over a deceased person's life story who didn't even give an OK to do, some kind of way the Scotts cope or something. They're the only ones who've been in the public eye since back then. You can't tell me over more than a decade and they're still struggling/having a hard time moving on? Even the Bernalls have moved on. Why can't they move on privately and humbly like a normal family? Aren't they profiting off of this as they did the She Said Yes project which is still embarrassingly not what happened with their daughter? There's some kind of publicity-attention/stage Mom-Dad thing going on here in my opinion. And Craig makes a cameo. Lol okay? But I can't tell a family how to cope or be. If it helps them sleep at night to create fabrication in their deceased daughter's name then, big shrugs.

asloversgo

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:28 am

ultraviolencelv wrote:
Nah. I'd rather a tribute for the other victims than the obvious popular one with religion thrown all over it. Everyone else has an interesting backstory too not just one person just because they have a lot of friends. The basis of the movie is already out of a lie how is that not disturbing? Why are we glorifying a singular person?

Craig scott posted a public post about that very point. The scott's have every right to memorialize their daughter however they please....it's not their job to do it for others.....and without permission.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sane One

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:13 am

You have to keep in mind nobody knows what went on that day other than the people involved.

Whether you're religious or not, there's no denying her story is quite unique. She told multiple people she wouldn't marry and live beyond 20 and it turned out to be true. She made a drawing remember and it turned out there was 13 tears on it and that day, there were 13 victims not including Eric and Dylan.

Not to mention she was the 1st target and MURDER while her friend Richard survived.

Whether the do you believe in god crap happened or not, her story is completely insane, like out there shit and her blood brother was trying to survive himself. You can't make this shit up. Just crazy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

"I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next