Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

"I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
gunsgobang

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:21 am

How is Rachel's story unique? Lots of people think they are going to die young, and drawing 13 tear drops is nothing more than a coincidence. I'm sure we could find tons more coincidences if we looked at every single thing a victim did beforehand. Personally, I find Danny M's conversation with his dad regarding the Brady Bill much more interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:30 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jada887

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:10 am

I try my hardest to avoid movies like this one because of the obvious bias that the director/producer tries to convey to the audience. I don't have an issue with Hollywood using religion to tell a compelling story, but I don't think that that's what's going on here. What's a shame and a disgrace is that Rachel's death is being used to propagate the director's/film company's religious views. That's very shallow and exploitive writing. After all, isn't  "I Am Not Ashamed," a Pure Flix Entertainment production, the same film production LLC that brought us "God Is Not Dead"? I guarantee no one's going to walk out of the theatre and think, "Gee, Pure Flix did their homework on the Columbine tragedy. No religious agenda here."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:25 am

The other thing is and I wish it didn't matter to me, is I despise how they portray Eric and Dylan in the movie. Why do they keep making it look like they personally targeted her, kept eyeing her and made her into too much of a special snowflake? I'm sorry, but if they're gonna reinvent the boys Into something more obnoxious than they really ACCURATELY were it is not a good non fiction film. Hence, biased.

Juicy Jazzy
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:16 am

I hope someone uploads it when they get the chance. Probably sometime early next year or whenever they release the DVD. Is it being streamed at all online? Being outside the US it makes it hard to view for me. Not expecting much but as a Columbine nut I'm still eager to watch it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSpiral
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:31 pm

When it finally get released, somebody needs to tear it to shreds in a review, I hope it's a box office bomb and that it sets the bar fo terrible movies, they deserve nothing better.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:42 pm

It won't even make it to box office and there shouldn't even be a bad review at all. It should be nothing.

I already know simple curious minds would go watch it so I'm ready for a ton of unfollowing to keep it off my dash. Extremely annoying.

spinvault

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:54 pm

I wouldn't pay to see it, but due to my interest in anything related to Columbine might watch it if it was on cable just to see how many errors it actually contained.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:21 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
How is Rachel's story unique? Lots of people think they are going to die young, and drawing 13 tear drops is nothing more than a coincidence. I'm sure we could find tons more coincidences if we looked at every single thing a victim did beforehand. Personally, I find Danny M's conversation with his dad regarding the Brady Bill much more interesting.

Rachel did write in May of 1998 that "This will be my last year Lord.I've gotten what I can.Thank you."

Since she was in 10th grade at the time, you can't say she was talking about leaving school.

Some people have interpreted that mean she was planning on committing suicide at some point but as religious as she was, I can't accept that.

There were other things about her life that point to just more than teen dramatics.
She said things to many people like I'll never live to be old enough to marry. Or I'll never make it that far . Or someday you guys will be doing things I won't be able to. Things like that.
According to her friend Nick , Rachel would say these things calmly and when someone would tell her to quit talking that way, that it was a downer she'd say it wasn't a downer for her and that she didn't have a problem with it.

Considering she wrote several times about wanting to be an impact in the world and make an impact for God, and according to the teacher in her last class where she drew the famous tears drawing she said she was going to be an impact on the world 30 minutes before she was killed shows me and proves to me that she had a mission from God and had some kind of awareness of that in her lifetime.

The last piece of evidence I'd like to put forward is that a month after Rachel's funeral her Dad got a call from a successful businessman named Frank.
Frank is also a Christian but her told Darrell that "Look,I'm not a mystical or spooky person.I'm a practical business man.I usually don't put much stock in people's dreams, but I keep having a reoccurring dream about your daughter.In the dream tears are streaming from her eyes and watering something on the ground but I can't see what. Does this mean anything to you? Her Dad said no, that doesn't mean anything to me at all.
Frank asked Darrell to please take his number and call him if this ever meant anything to him.
Darrell said he would.

The very next day Darrell got to the call to go pick up his daughters backpack and in it was her last journal .When he turned to the last page, there was the famous tears drawing.
Her Dad said he was stunned and prayed for God to help him understand what was happening.

Her family came to the conclusion that the tears streaming from her eyes were watering a new growth for God that came from her death,people coming to God because of her.

If you are a very cynical person or not religious at all, you can probably dismiss most or even all of this but I feel all put together its a compelling case.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:39 am

Here's a review of the film, not a lot of great things to say:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Juicy Jazzy
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:45 am

Its hard to take that site seriously, they are so incredibly anti-Christian it's laughable. Will wait for a non bias review.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:07 pm

Its hard to take that site seriously, they are so incredibly anti-Christian it's laughable. Will wait for a non bias review.

Holy crap!  Shocked  I had no idea they were anti-Christian! This review showed up as a recommendation so I wasn't familiar with their site before reading it. Thanks for the info!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:40 pm

How are you all expecting it to be good somehow or wait for a good review? There's not gonna be one, everybody knows it's a joke and it's watched to see how goddamn stupid it is.

Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:38 pm

I don't think it will be good, even the article I linked said the low budget aspects alone are pretty laughable. But I'm curious to see how people who have seen it are reacting to it and what they're taking away from it, so I'm interested in the reviews. I'm waiting for someone to point out inaccuracies between fact vs fiction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:12 pm

Well for starters everything about the boys is bullshit. Secondly you will never get a proper review or good pointers because this film is Rachel-biased by default and it's a vanity project backed by her family just for her so how are you ever gonna know if what she went through in school is true or not? Eric nor Dylan can't even vouch for themselves cause they're dead and that's what I hate about it. I'm behind the boys on how they really were when they were alive, they never made that sort of contact with Rachel and lastly this is not a Columbine biopic. I would place this under just a victim project kinda like that unheard of movie based on Lauren's mother which by the way is 10x better than this crap.

Last edited by shades on Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:13 pm

And how are people reacting? They're laughing. and afterwards they're removed from my dashboard.

Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:35 pm

I agree 100%. I stated earlier in this thread that I can't respect someone making a movie based on a lie to promote religion. What E&D did in real life was bad enough without having to stretch the truth, and I'm well aware that they demonize them in this. However. Part of me finds some twisted amusement in seeing people bash something that I'm against.

P.s. I watched Dawn Anna back when it first aired, and I agree that they did a good job with it. They should have made Rachel's movie more like that one, but I consider the source. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
asloversgo

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:21 am

Am I the only one that saw it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSpiral
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:33 pm

I didn't see it yet, waiting to pirate it.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:16 pm

Hope you guys aren't so simple minded and fall for anything after seeing it. Obviously painting Rachel in a perfect colour or not, remember that with the boys' portrayal they are not around to vouch for their own accounts. I mean for starters every single scene the boys had didn't happen at fucking all.

Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:33 pm

Actually, the movie did make it to the box office in the United States. It opened in over 500 theaters throughout the country so I can guarantee that there will definitely be some reviews on it. It was only released 2 days ago so give it some time but according to sales, the movie has already grossed over $300 thousand dollars so..people are watching it. No, it's not a huge amount but people are definitely going to see it.

Most of the people on IMDB are giving the movie 10 out of 10 stars with an overall rating of 7.5/10.

shades

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:43 pm

Is that suppose to mean it's good and everybody cares?

Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:12 pm

Is that suppose to mean it's good and everybody cares?
No, it's supposed to mean that you're telling people it won't hit the box office, which it did hit the box office here in the United States. I'm not sure if it's going to be released in your country but it has been released in the US in over 500 theaters so yes, it has hit the box office. And you're also trying to convince everyone that there will be no reviews and that any reviews given are irrelevant. Let people make up their own minds about the film if and when they see it. Just because you don't care doesn't mean that maybe there are people who do. I think everyone here knows your opinion about the movie as you've had something negative to say every single time someone posts in this thread.

shades

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:37 pm

Girl alright, of course it's shown all over the States in itself. That's just the states it's not gonna go worldwide. From your post it sounds like you're trying to say the fact that it's really bad and inaccurate is not true from the numbers it brought in or that some people like it. Why did I say the reviews are irrelevant? Cause what is it gonna be judged on? Cinematography? The dialogue? If it's about truth it's gonna go down the drain, half of it is extremely made up and bringing attention to one victim who herself can't even have any say on it.

There's people who feel the way I do, whereas there's some who are trying to push this project on those who don't care from the get-go and I don't get why. I guess I have alot of feelings on the ex-popular kid who gets a vanity project made on her behalf while the other victims don't. but I know what I will be told, that her family can do whatever they want.

Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:48 pm

The main reason I've somewhat followed this movie at all is b/c I was kinda hoping it would inspire a renewed interest in columbine, kinda like Sue's book did earlier this year. Maybe bring up new questions and discussion material. Not sure if anyone else has noticed but there hasn't been a whole lot to talk about on the subject lately. And I was hoping the movie would help spike up the interest again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:06 pm

Girl alright, of course it's shown all over the States in itself. That's just the states it's not gonna go worldwide. From your post it sounds like you're trying to say the fact that it's really bad and inaccurate is not true from the numbers it brought in or that some people like it. Why did I say the reviews are irrelevant? Cause what is it gonna be judged on? Cinematography? The dialogue? If it's about truth it's gonna go down the drain, half of it is extremely made up and bringing attention to one victim who herself can't even have any say on it.

There's people who feel the way I do, whereas there's some who are trying to push this project on those who don't care from the get-go and I don't get why. I guess I have alot of feelings on the ex-popular kid who gets a vanity project made on her behalf while the other victims don't. but I know what I will be told, that her family can do whatever they want.
I'd appreciate if you're going to address me, you do it by my username. Thank you. And in whose opinion is this movie "really bad"? Your own opinion? Have you even seen the movie? No, probably not. And again, who are the reviews "irrelevant" to? You? Don't speak for everyone in the Columbine community.

And of course there are people who feel like you do but there are also people who don't feel the way you do. Let people make their own minds up about this film. No one needs to see you saying every single time someone makes a post how much you despise this film you've never even seen.

And I hate to say it, but most films, in general, that are "based on a true story" have things added to them or things changed around to make the story more interesting to the viewer. Why would this movie be an exception? Anyone who knows anything about Columbine is going to take this movie with a grain of salt when watching it.

What is it you're afraid of that you need to continuously bash this film? That Rachel is going to get more attention than Dylan and Eric? You already admitted earlier in this thread that you don't want Rachel getting any more attention than she deserves. Although, I notice that you tend to share videos and other things that give the murderers attention, such as making threads joking about the Basement Tapes being released but the thread was nothing but videos of Eric's fanboys pretending to be him. It's OK for them to get attention but not one of the people they murdered? Are you afraid that Dylan and Eric are going to be misrepresented in the film? That the movie will some how make them look worse than they were? Well, they are already ruthless murderers so I don't think a low budget film can make them look any worse than they already were.

Me personally, I have no opinion on the film because I did not see the film. Whether it has any truth to it or not, I don't know but I imagine it does if it is based on Rachel's diary entries. When and if I ever do watch it, I will leave a review and I encourage anyone else who sees it to tell us what they think of it. Their own opinion. Not what someone else keeps trying to push onto you.

yoyo1980

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:53 am

Your location is set as England - did you walk round with your eyes closed that week after the massacre? It was all over the TV and papers for days & we had the live pictures as it actually happened.
Maybe in your area, I haven't met anybody who even knows what Columbine is. I'd even research on it in the public library and people still had no clue. I've never seen Columbine mentioned on British television, other than documentaries on the crime channel, then again I don't watch the news.

It doesn't get mentioned anymore (unless there's a shooting elsewhere), but when it happened it was absolutely massive nationally.

i agree with you but so this movie hasn't showed in England theaters only USA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aquillina

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:37 am

I'm still waiting for it to appear on digital download.

shades

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:36 pm

What is it you're afraid of that you need to continuously bash this film? That Rachel is going to get more attention than Dylan and Eric? You already admitted earlier in this thread that you don't want Rachel getting any more attention than she deserves. Although, I notice that you tend to share videos and other things that give the murderers attention, such as making threads joking about the Basement Tapes being released but the thread was nothing but videos of Eric's fanboys pretending to be him. It's OK for them to get attention but not one of the people they murdered? Are you afraid that Dylan and Eric are going to be misrepresented in the film? That the movie will some how make them look worse than they were? Well, they are already ruthless murderers so I don't think a low budget film can make them look any worse than they already were.

I don't think afraid is the word but of course no one wants the murderers misrepresented either, I would appreciate it more if it's exactly who they where and what they went through in their days there. If they're purposely making them look worse, corny, then isn't it obvious how biased the film is trying to be? So Rachel would look perfect?
This low budget film has already made them look worse than they already were.
And it's not just Rachel getting more attention than just Eric and Dylan but for me I would rather a film made of the other victims whom I care about.

And I share funny videos of the boys and making jokes about the basement tapes I think it's totally fine and lighthearted, once in awhile some of us here can actually take a joke AND that has nothing to do with me not supporting the film and bringing to light its inaccuracies.

Lastly, I admit, my opinion is not everybody's and It's not my place to push people not to watch it either so that's a noted point. x

Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:21 pm

I don't think afraid is the word but of course no one wants the murderers misrepresented either, I would appreciate it more if it's exactly who they where and what they went through in their days there. If they're purposely making them look worse, corny, then isn't it obvious how biased the film is trying to be? So Rachel would look perfect?
This low budget film has already made them look worse than they already were.
And it's not just Rachel getting more attention than just Eric and Dylan but for me I would rather a film made of the other victims whom I care about.

And I share funny videos of the boys and making jokes about the basement tapes I think it's totally fine and lighthearted, once in awhile some of us here can actually take a joke AND that has nothing to do with me not supporting the film and bringing to light its inaccuracies.

Lastly, I admit, my opinion is not everybody's and It's not my place to push people not to watch it either so that's a noted point. x
Who they were? They were murderers. That is who they were. And what they went through? And what exactly did they go through? Let me guess, the whole "they were bullied" defense? Well they bullied just as much as they were bullied. Both of them talked about how they picked on other kids in their journals. Dylan and Eric are not innocent. And being bullied is not an excuse to go on a killing rampage and it really bothers me to no end when people try to say "if they weren't bullied they wouldn't have done it" or "they had such a tough time at Columbine".

Dylan and Eric may have been bullied, yes that is true. But the bullying they received was nothing compared to what some kids go through. Dylan and Eric were spoiled brats who had good lives and could have actually made something of themselves. They had families, they had friends, they had money, they had cars, they had jobs, they had pets that they adored, they had parents who wanted them to succeed. I could go on and on. These kids had good lives. And let's not forget they had less than a month to go. 1 more fucking month and they would never see those people again. I believe the entire thing was planned because Dylan was depressed and needed an excuse to commit suicide and he's the one who roped Eric into it. If they endured this horrible bullying for 4 years, they could go one more damn month.

And besides, this movie is not about Dylan and Eric, it's about Rachel. There are stories to be told about Columbine that do not revolve around Dylan and Eric and their image. And honestly, I think Dylan and Eric would be more embarrassed seeing pictures of themselves with flowers and rose petals photoshopped to their heads than the very small part they have in this movie that is not even about them.

And what do you mean by the movie will make "Rachel look perfect". What exactly did Rachel do? Made some mistakes in her earlier years at Columbine by falling in with the wrong crowd? Rachel was a young girl who was trying to find herself and stay true to her faith. She was an innocent young girl who had her entire life in front of her and it was ripped right out of her hands when this selfish, spoiled son of a bitch shot her point blank in the head. You have no sympathy for her though. With Rachel, all you care about is that she doesn't get more attention than she deserves. But Dylan and Eric? It's so important to you that they aren't made to look any worse than they were or not made to look "corny". They are killers. Ruthless murderers. And honestly, it makes no difference one way or the other if Eric asked her if she believed in God. He killed her. Murdered her. Shot her in the head. There is no way to misrepresent that.

And my whole point is that you constantly give attention to Dylan and Eric. More attention than they deserve. It doesn't really matter what the content is. I was just using the videos because that is the most recent example of you creating an entire thread to joke around about the Basement Tapes being released when the video was just a fan boy all tattooed up with Dylan and Eric's names on his chest pretending to be Eric Harris. That deserves an entire thread and attention but let's not give this poor murdered girl any more attention than she deserves, right?

And for the record, I can take a joke and normally none of the threads created bother me. I'm fine with fan related videos and fan related fanfiction. I understand everyone has a different point of view and that's fine. And I'm usually very good at not being bias, respecting everyone else's opinion and just letting people discuss all aspects of Columbine but it bothers me that you feel the need to continuously come into this thread just to bash this innocent murdered girl and complain about everyone else's opinions. I think we all know how you feel about Rachel, how you feel about Dylan and Eric and how you feel about the film. Just because you don't care about the reviews or seeing the film doesn't mean that others feel the same way.

And that's all I really have to say about this. And well, as for Rachel, I'll just leave this here for her.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next