Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

13 Families

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CatherineM813

PostSubject: 13 Families    Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:48 pm

Has anyone seen the movie 13 Families: Life After Columbine? I really want to watch it but I think I'll be very sad the entire time. If you have seen it what were your thoughts on it?

Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:55 pm

Is that the movie that shows you what could have possibly become of the victims if they didn't die?

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:00 pm

CatherineM813 wrote:
Has anyone seen the movie 13 Families: Life After Columbine? I really want to watch it but I think I'll be very sad the entire time. If you have seen it what were your thoughts on it?

It is wonderful, but a tearjerker. Well worth the money.
Back to top Go down
CatherineM813

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:08 pm

Jenn wrote:
Is that the movie that shows you what could have possibly become of the victims if they didn't die?

No that's Columbine Reunion. And they really could have come up with a much better tag line.

Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:12 pm

CatherineM813 wrote:
Jenn wrote:

No that's Columbine Reunion. And they really could have come up with a much better tag line.

Hm.. I'm not sure I even know what the Tagline is.

CatherineM813

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:16 pm

Jenn wrote:
CatherineM813 wrote:
Jenn wrote:

It said on April 20th 1999 15 people lost their lives that day but 13 of those lives are worth remembering. When I think it should have said and those lives are worth remembering.

Lifetime

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:53 am

CatherineM813 wrote:
Jenn wrote:
CatherineM813 wrote:
Jenn wrote:

It said on April 20th 1999 15 people lost their lives that day but 13 of those lives are worth remembering. When I think it should have said and those lives are worth remembering.

The killers get remembered all the time. Besides, whats worth remembering about them? The fact that they killed 13 innocent people? They did what they set out to do and got what they wanted, everlasting infamy. Did any of the victims get to accomplish their hopes and dreams? No.

The reunion movies was about the lives those kids never got to live. Eric and Dylan lived theirs.

CatherineM813

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:01 am

Lifetime wrote:
CatherineM813 wrote:
Jenn wrote:
CatherineM813 wrote:
Jenn wrote:

The killers get remembered all the time. Besides, whats worth remembering about them? The fact that they killed 13 innocent people? They did what they set out to do and got what they wanted, everlasting infamy. Did any of the victims get to accomplish their hopes and dreams? No.

The reunion movies was about the lives those kids never got to live. Eric and Dylan lived theirs.

You make a really good point and I get what you are saying.

tragedy79

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:00 am

Lifetime wrote:
CatherineM813 wrote:
Jenn wrote:
CatherineM813 wrote:
Jenn wrote:

I feel exactly the same. After seeing Columbine Reunion I was crying and I was furious at Eric and Dylan. For pissing all that lives away, including their own. And I am really not the crying-girlie type, but this moved me a lot...

deathmedic

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:41 am

I just watched (most) of it last night. It is a really good movie. It is on Hulu now so if you want to see it just got to their documentary section and it is there. I will finish it tonight (I fell a sleep during it at 1 AM)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:09 am

I wish there was a way for me to watch this one -- I've been wanting to, but official/unofficial channels don't have it available for me over here just yet. Looks like I'll have to wait. Smile
Back to top Go down
deathmedic

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:21 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That's a direct link to it... It should work for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:41 am

Unfortunately not! I'm not US-based and their video content isn't available outside of the US.. but the attempt is appreciated!
Back to top Go down
JayJay

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:39 am

Maybe the DVD can be ordered outside the US? I was lucky enough (and surprised) they had it at my local library.

It's very good. The movie is not always sad because you can see everything positive the families have been doing to keep on living no matter what happened to them. You might get tearful at times but might also smile through your tears.

"Is evil something you are? Or is it something you do? My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape."
- American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis (1991)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lifetime

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:16 pm

Just got done watching 13 families. Saddest part was when Patricia DePooter was washing her sons grave. I always knew that there was a lot of suffering going on after the shooting, but you don't truly understand just how much pain the tragedy cause until you watch this movie. I just wish the video footage of some of the victims was longer.

Z_Splatter

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:52 am

I thought the saddest part was Lauren's mom (I think it was Lauren's) talks about how they didn't get to "snuggle" but that they planned on snuggling the next night. And they never got the chance. So incredibly sad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:42 pm

I feel like I should watch this whenever I think I am commiserating too much about Eric's and Dylan's troubles and remember what incredible pain, anguish, sadness, turmoil, and devastation they caused to so many people which has reverberated nonstop for the last 15 years, unremittingly.
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:25 am

Any link to a stream of any kind? Can't order to Australia apparently.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iceflames

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:19 am

I uploaded some pictures that were shown in the documentary (also some Lauren Townsend pictures from a CNN segment and a former website): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Also some things said by family members: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There was no Steven Curnow because his family did not participate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
philosopher_king

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:24 pm

thedragonrampant wrote:
I wish there was a way for me to watch this one -- I've been wanting to, but official/unofficial channels don't have it available for me over here just yet. Looks like I'll have to wait. Smile

You could always use Hola Unblocker to access the video. It is downloadable for anyone to use.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mj2beat

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:48 pm

I cant watch it either and I want it so bad, I will try with what philosopher_king recommended in the last post. Hope it works

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jettfyre80

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:09 am

Wonderful movie! I loved it.

JDM87

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:08 am

Very moving movie. John Tomlin's mother seemed still very emotional about the whole thing, while I thought Lauren Townsend's step-mother made some compelling comments. It's good to see they are/were doing okay after Columbine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Juicy Jazzy
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:11 pm

Used a proxy in the end. Amazing video, the very start was very moving and powerful!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gutenfxckintag

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:04 pm

It's kind of sad to watch the Virginia tech part and hear how they hope these shootings don't happen again knowing this film was made before Aurora and Sandy Hook.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Juicy Jazzy
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Sun May 24, 2015 6:36 am

Much appreciated to the person who uploaded this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paradisedreams

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Sun May 24, 2015 11:56 pm

Juicy Jazzy wrote:

Much appreciated to the person who uploaded this.

No problem. <3 I tried to upload it a few months ago on my old youtube account, but it was blocked worldwide almost instantly. Apparently the background music is owned by some Orchard music company that's been a common problem on youtube lately? Really weird.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Juicy Jazzy
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Sun May 24, 2015 11:59 pm

paradisedreams wrote:
No problem. <3 I tried to upload it a few months ago on my old youtube account, but it was blocked worldwide almost instantly. Apparently the background music is owned by some Orchard music company that's been a common problem on youtube lately? Really weird.
May I ask how you were able to get this? I've been trying to find a way to download the Columbine memorial service video on the C-SPAN website for months now, so I can add it to my collection.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paradisedreams

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Mon May 25, 2015 3:28 pm

Juicy Jazzy wrote:
paradisedreams wrote:
May I ask how you were able to get this? I've been trying to find a way to download the Columbine memorial service video on the C-SPAN website for months now, so I can add it to my collection.

I got it straight from Hulu using something called 'Playlater'. Playlater allows you to 'record' things from Hulu (and other big websites) to your computer. Although, they do give you a warning that if you distribute it (like on torrents and most likely youtube too) your Playlater account can be permanently banned - even though you payed. But it was a risk I was willing to take, I guess? My only intention was/is to let people outside of the US watch it without you guys having to go find some IP changer, or something like that, just so you can access it on Hulu. Which has dreadfully long AD's, anyways.

On another note - I did cut out the beginning part where they show the families at the memorial in the summer of 2006 (And Lauren Townsend's mom & Bill Clinton speaking.) Because I thought maybe something during that first part caused it to blocked worldwide upon upload. Which I now realize probably wasn't the case. I can upload it separately if anyone is interested.
I apologize if this sounds like a giant rambling mess! I'm sure you wanted this giant novel explaining every single detail. ;)

(edit: I realize I didn't even answer your question! I can try to download and upload that C-SPAN video to youtube for you.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Juicy Jazzy
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Mon May 25, 2015 7:19 pm

paradisedreams wrote:
I got it straight from Hulu using something called 'Playlater'. Playlater allows you to 'record' things from Hulu (and other big websites) to your computer. Although, they do give you a warning that if you distribute it (like on torrents and most likely youtube too) your Playlater account can be permanently banned - even though you payed. But it was a risk I was willing to take, I guess? My only intention was/is to let people outside of the US watch it without you guys having to go find some IP changer, or something like that, just so you can access it on Hulu. Which has dreadfully long AD's, anyways.

On another note - I did cut out the beginning part where they show the families at the memorial in the summer of 2006 (And Lauren Townsend's mom & Bill Clinton speaking.) Because I thought maybe something during that first part caused it to blocked worldwide upon upload. Which I now realize probably wasn't the case. I can upload it separately if anyone is interested.
I apologize if this sounds like a giant rambling mess! I'm sure you wanted this giant novel explaining every single detail. ;)

(edit: I realize I didn't even answer your question! I can try to download and upload that C-SPAN video to youtube for you.)
It is notoriously hard to get some of these videos, as I am outside the US. Yes please try to rip and upload it to Youtube. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

13 Families
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next