Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

I'm questioning brooks conversation with Eric

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Justjenna

PostSubject: Re: I'm questioning brooks conversation with Eric    Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:48 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that makes a lot of sense.

I'd like to get a look at Brooks' school schedule to see whether it made sense for him to be outside of class at that time, smoking.

Why do you think Eric didn't shoot Brooks?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
runreilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm questioning brooks conversation with Eric    Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:00 am

Also, Eric was not wearing his duster when he planted the bombs. He was wearing the plaid shirt referenced in the goodbye tape and seen in the footage of him buying the propane tanks earlier that morning. Liz pointed out that "Brooks mentioned that Eric had his coat on and that it looked bulky." This most likely means that the bombs had been planted, E&D had already geared up in Clement Park, and the time was roughly 11:15.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
runreilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm questioning brooks conversation with Eric    Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:11 am

Limpfisch's explanation makes sense. If he had shot Brooks in the parking lot it might have ruined the plan. Students in the commons might have run toward the windows (away from the propane bombs). Also, wasn't Neil Gardner in the parking lot eating lunch at the time? If so, it's possible Eric saw him that morning and didn't want to risk provoking a gunfight before the bombs went off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: I'm questioning brooks conversation with Eric    Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:44 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Limpfisch's explanation makes sense.  If he had shot Brooks in the parking lot it might have ruined the plan.  Students in the commons might have run toward the windows (away from the propane bombs).  Also, wasn't Neil Gardner in the parking lot eating lunch at the time?  If so, it's possible Eric saw him that morning and didn't want to risk provoking a gunfight before the bombs went off.

Neil was at the park eating. He had to race back to Columbine when he heard the call that someone was down in the parking lot.

View user profile
Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: I'm questioning brooks conversation with Eric    Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:45 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that makes a lot of sense.

I'd like to get a look at Brooks' school schedule to see whether it made sense for him to be outside of class at that time, smoking.

Why do you think Eric didn't shoot Brooks?
Because shooting Brooks would have ruined their plan. The plan was that they would not start shooting until the bombs went off and students starting running out of the school. He talked to Brooks somewhere between 11:15 - 11:18 AM. And I also think he didn't wanna shoot him. I know they had a feud in the past but the weeks before Columbine they were on better terms. They sat together in the senior class photo, Eric had gone out to lunch with Brooks. If it were the year before, then maybe he would have tried to shoot him but on that day, they were friends.

Columbine_Video_Archives

PostSubject: Re: I'm questioning brooks conversation with Eric    Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:53 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], something to help solidify this.....I think we should look at Brooks' class schedule. What time was he let out of his previous class to go on his smoke break?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: I'm questioning brooks conversation with Eric    Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:59 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], something to help solidify this.....I think we should look at Brooks' class schedule.  What time was he let out of his previous class to go on his smoke break?

I dont have a copy of his schedule. If it was released I am not aware of it nor have I seen it but I do know Brooks stated that it was routine for him to go and smoke during A lunch either outside the school or in the smoking pit.

View user profile
Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: I'm questioning brooks conversation with Eric    Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:15 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], something to help solidify this.....I think we should look at Brooks' class schedule.  What time was he let out of his previous class to go on his smoke break?

I've tried that. There is a roster for Philosophy class, but of course, it doesn't have the time on it.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And then here is Eric's classes for the whole semester. Once again, no times on it. So Brooks' isn't gonna have the time on it either.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And yea, that's another good point - Brooks says he saw Eric with a trench coat on. Well when Eric took the bomb in he didn't have a trench coat on, he had a flannel shirt on. And we know they wore the flannel because we saw Eric at the gas station with it on and we saw him in Columbine with it on. He didn't put the trench coat on until they went to the park to get ready.

The last piece to this puzzle is to find out what time that class ended.

Justjenna

PostSubject: Re: I'm questioning brooks conversation with Eric    Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:35 am

Here's something from the 11k that [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] posted in another thread that lends credence to Brooks' statement that he spoke with Eric just prior to the shooting

001255: Stephanie stated that she was out at the "smoking pit" at 11:15-11:20 AM and that she had started to walk to the cafeteria when she heard an explosion, but didn't think anything of it because she thought it was a senior prank. Stephanie then stated that she saw Eric Harris at the top of the stairs talking to Brooks Brown. I asked Stephanie what Eric was wearing and she stated that he was in his black trench coat and black pants. [Then] Brooks went down the stairs and Eric pulled out a "BIG" gun and started shooting into the main hall doors. I asked Stephanie if she was sure that she had seen Brooks Brown and not someone else and she stated that she was sure. She was very scared and started running toward Clement Park, then once she got there she went home.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lasttrain

PostSubject: Re: I'm questioning brooks conversation with Eric    Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:34 am

He got out of class at 11:10 (pg. 10661).

Broooks's story is credible because he accurately described Eric's bag. This detail was not available to the public for months so Brooks definitely saw Eric. He also tells the same story to everyone he meets that day, with small variations. See below.

After leaving class at 11:10, he either stood on the sidewalk (according to his book) or walked down to Pierce St and came back when he saw Eric pull in (which he says on 10670).

That places Eric's arrival at around 11:12-11:14. Their conversation was probably not more than a minute. Matthew Houk left the parking lot at 11:12 or 11:13 and saw Brooks walking south after he pulled out (6636).

Brooks says he was walking across the street from a block of housing construction when he heard the first shot. He must be referring to the homes on W Caley Place, which are listed as having been finished in 2000. This location is a 3 minute walk from where Eric was parked. So Brooks is placing the start of the shooting at the same time as the official timeline.

At this point he says he began to run until he reached a green generator. The only green generator is behind a house on the 6400 block of S Pierce Ct. This is a 2 minute walk past the housing construction site, but he says he was running.

Then he moves to the Dutch Creek Trail underpass, another 3 minutes, where he hears police cars moving overhead. Dispatch is 11:25, and Brooks probably hears the cars around 11:27 or 11:28, so he stayed in the overpass for a couple minutes.

At this point he runs west across a field to "the first house [he] saw," finds no answer, but then runs into Mrs. Taylor at a house on the 6500 block of S Teller Court. He describes it as the third house where he knocks on the door, but he would actually have had to pass 5 houses to get to Mrs. Taylor's. Mrs. Taylor says this happened at around 11:45, but it is probably closer to 11:40.

He calls his dad and then runs into two teachers, Rick Bath (6100) and Thomas Johnson (6688). He tells them the story about Eric and their account of his story is completely consistent with Brooks's later account to law enforcement and in his book. Eric, duffel bag, "I like you now," etc.

After other movements, he gets into a car with Ryan Shwayder (7129-7132), the next person Brooks saw, who told law enforcement he saw Brooks standing on Hoover Avenue east of the intersection between Hoover and Parkview (which is actually called Teller there but it quickly turns into Parkview). Along with Matthew Houk and Deanna Shaffer, Shwayder says they drove to a cul-de-sac that gave them a view of Clement Park, which could've been Weaver Pl, Walker Pl, or the ones off Polk. At 11:52 and 11:56 Brooks calls the police. He tells the police the same story he told Bath and Johnson, again divulging details that were not known to the public about Eric's bag and parking stop.

We cannot prove, "I like you now," but this looks to me looks like a great deal of corroboration of all the other elements of Brooks's story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: I'm questioning brooks conversation with Eric    Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:48 pm

1998-1999 Daily Bell Schedule:

Regular Schedule

Period 1 7:30AM-8:20AM

Period 2 8:25AM-9:20AM

Period 3 9:25AM-10:15AM

Period 4 10:20AM-11:10AM

Period 5 11:15AM-11:45AM Lunch A, 11:50AM-12:40PM Class

Period 5 11:15AM-12:05PM Class, 12:10PM-12:40PM Lunch B  

Period 6 12:45PM-1:35PM

Period 7 1:40PM-2:30PM
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: I'm questioning brooks conversation with Eric    Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:54 pm

Lunch A: Business, Foreign Language, Intervention Services, Language Arts, Social Studies, Technical Arts.

Lunch B: Art, Life Management, Math, Music, Physical Education, Science.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: I'm questioning brooks conversation with Eric    Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:03 pm

Eric/Dylan had Psychology together for Period 5 in the Spring 1999 semester therefore they were under Lunch A (Social Studies).

Their Lunch Break would be from 11:15AM-11:45AM & their Period 5 Class would be from 11:50AM-12:40PM.

Hope that helps clarify the times a little better.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: I'm questioning brooks conversation with Eric    Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:22 pm

Brooks Brown had Choir in Period 5 in the Spring 1999, thus he was under Lunch B (Music).

That means that Brooks would have had Class from 11:15AM-12:05PM & Lunch Break from 12:10PM-12:40PM.

So if Brooks did not skip his Choir Class, he would have been in the Choir Room on 4/20/99.

Pages 004886, 004896-004897, 005089 confirm Brooks Period 5 Choir Class.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Columbine_Video_Archives

PostSubject: Re: I'm questioning brooks conversation with Eric    Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:39 pm

I never knew he skipped the class before the massacre started. Am I understanding that right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: I'm questioning brooks conversation with Eric    Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:45 pm

I never knew he skipped the class before the massacre started. Am I understanding that right?

yes he did. Other students mentioned he was not in class.

View user profile
lasttrain

PostSubject: Re: I'm questioning brooks conversation with Eric    Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:47 pm

No, according to a sworn statement in the 11K Brooks attended all his classes.

Pg. 10670: 10:20 AM - 11:10 AM Attended Creative Writing Class

On pg. 2 of No Easy Answers he also states that he attended creative writing class.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: I'm questioning brooks conversation with Eric    Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:55 pm

On pg. 2 of No Easy Answers he also states that he attended creative writing class.

He went to creative writing but did not go to choir

View user profile
spinvault

PostSubject: Re: I'm questioning brooks conversation with Eric    Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:03 pm

On page 3 of No Easy Answers he states that he went home after fourth period creative writing class and missed his last class.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
runreilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm questioning brooks conversation with Eric    Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:36 pm

We might never really know Brooks knew or saw something that he hasn't told, but his story definitely checks out.

I asked this earlier and I'm curious what you guys think:
Many of the 4/20 absences and cutting of classes by close friends seem convenient; especially considering NBK was apparently pushed back a day. The delay complicates matters if E&D specifically planned a date/time when they knew certain friends would be safe. I have a particularly hard time believing that E&D would have risked blowing up certain close friends like Robyn, Nate, Chris, Cory, Zach, etc.

Are any of you suspicious that some of E&D friends knew significantly more than they let on? Or perhaps some knew just enough to skip school or leave at the right time? If so, who? And what?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Columbine_Video_Archives

PostSubject: Re: I'm questioning brooks conversation with Eric    Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:38 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]...This is fascinating. But yes I do think that E&D planned a date n time when their closest friends would be safe.

Or at least that is what I'm going to tell myself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
runreilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm questioning brooks conversation with Eric    Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]...This is fascinating. But yes I do think that E&D planned a date n time when their closest friends would be safe.

It still just seems so risky. What if one of their best friends had a meeting with a teacher, or forgot about a test and needed to quickly cram in the library or commons? What if someone was having car trouble and decided to stay at school rather than drive away for lunch?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: I'm questioning brooks conversation with Eric    Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:58 pm

Eric spoke about hoping his friends survived the bombing. I don't think they planned it around them being out. But it was planned for a time many of them did have lunch so one could argue that.

View user profile
runreilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm questioning brooks conversation with Eric    Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:11 pm

Eric spoke about hoping his friends survived the bombing.

But this is completely expected. They didn't want their friends to be blamed. This would be true if their friends knew absolutely nothing, were full-on conspirators, or anything in between.

Their friends were already in the school that morning. E&D just hoping they would leave for lunch as usual makes me wonder. We can all think of a million unexpected reasons why Robyn, Nate, or Chris might have been in the commons when the propane tanks were set too explode. Risky, risky.

They also covered for their parents, but I have a hard time believing the Harris' knew so little. Their silence is suspicious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hate99
Banned. Accounts not permitted to anyone under the age of 15.

PostSubject: Re: I'm questioning brooks conversation with Eric    Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:11 pm

Well I think he would have just let him go back in, so he could die with the rest.

Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: I'm questioning brooks conversation with Eric    Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:59 pm

1998-1999 Daily Bell Schedule:

Regular Schedule

Period 1 7:30AM-8:20AM

Period 2 8:25AM-9:20AM

Period 3 9:25AM-10:15AM

Period 4 10:20AM-11:10AM

Period 5 11:15AM-11:45AM Lunch A, 11:50AM-12:40PM Class

Period 5 11:15AM-12:05PM Class, 12:10PM-12:40PM Lunch B  

Period 6 12:45PM-1:35PM

Period 7 1:40PM-2:30PM
Thank you for this. This helps clear up whether Brooks saw Eric before or after he set up the bombs. It was definitely after because Brooks would have still been in class when they took the bombs into the Cafeteria. So the timeline looks something like this -

10:59 - Eric drops bomb off
11:00 - Dylan drops bomb off
11:00 - 11:10 - They drive to Clemente Park to gear up and put their trench coats on
11:10 - 4th period finishes and Brooks makes his way outside
11:12 (give or take a few minutes) - Eric pulls into the parking lot and Brooks sees him
11:12 - 11:15 (give or take a few minutes) - Brooks confronts Eric about missing class, Eric tells him to go home.
11:17 - Bombs fail to detonate
11:19 - The boys start shooting

I'm just wondering though, if 1st period didn't start until 7:30, why was bowling at 6:15? Was that an extra class or something and not considered 1st period?

lasttrain

PostSubject: Re: I'm questioning brooks conversation with Eric    Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:06 pm

He went to creative writing but did not go to choir

The question was about the class before the massacre started.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hate99

PostSubject: Re: I'm questioning brooks conversation with Eric    Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:22 pm

Brooks brown
More like
Crooks Brown

Justjenna

PostSubject: Re: I'm questioning brooks conversation with Eric    Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I don't think it's suspicious that the Harris' have kept silent. In the immediate aftermath they feared for their lives and financial stability. They are probably following the recommendation of their attorneys, even now.

Eric Harris was a master liar who fooled everyone, even his military father. It's clear from Wayne's journal that he took parenting very seriously.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hate99

PostSubject: Re: I'm questioning brooks conversation with Eric    Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:25 pm

But in all seriousness this thread has kind of changed my pov on the convo.
I think it might have happened.

I'm questioning brooks conversation with Eric
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next