Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 
 

 Noob question about number of deaths

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JessSmith



Posts : 5
Join date : 2016-07-08

PostSubject: Noob question about number of deaths   Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:45 pm

If they were decided to kill everyone and If they had a chance, why only 13 deaths?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1753
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Noob question about number of deaths   Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:16 pm

No way to say for sure. I think that the killing just didn't turn out the way they wanted. They were not fighting monster or zombies. They were fighting scared crying children hiding under tables. I think it affected them. And also the bombs had failed so they felt like failures right off. It was all improv and I think they lost all bravado right away

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
View user profile
slippy123

avatar

Posts : 360
Join date : 2015-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Noob question about number of deaths   Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:53 am

When Eric shot and killed Cassie, the recoil of his sawed off shotgun hit him in the nose at close range breaking it. He could of easily shot and killed Bree, and others, but he seemed very "dazed" after that happened. That started the "quiet period", and could be one of the reasons that caused adrenaline to wear off and brought him back down to reality so to speak.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2766
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: Noob question about number of deaths   Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:03 am

It's definitely no planned quantity of casualties I'll tell you that. They probably thought they killed more too, of those who were injured.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JessSmith



Posts : 5
Join date : 2016-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Noob question about number of deaths   Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:03 am

Lizpuff wrote:
No way to say for sure.  I think that the killing just didn't turn out the way they wanted.  They were not fighting monster or zombies.  They were fighting scared crying children hiding under tables.  I think it affected them.  And also the bombs had failed so they felt like failures right off.  It was all improv and I think they lost all bravado right away

If Eric was a psycho he wasnt affected by it for sure. Dylan, maybe...


ultraviolencelv wrote:
It's definitely no planned quantity of casualties I'll tell you that. They probably thought they killed more too, of those who were injured.

Yeah, the quantity of people that was shooted (some of them in vital parts) and survived was impressive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Forum Owner
avatar

Posts : 3120
Join date : 2013-03-13
Location : A place where it always snows.

PostSubject: Re: Noob question about number of deaths   Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:35 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],

That's because Eric wasn't a psychopath. There is no way that Eric can be positively diagnosed as a psychopath after his death. The 'doctors' who diagnosed him as one based their decision solely on a journal he left behind. There is no way to prove that this journal he kept was not written for an audience. Which I believe it was.

_________________
"God, it's so painful when something that's so close is still so far out of reach".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSpiral
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 682
Join date : 2016-04-15
Age : 18
Location : Croatia

PostSubject: Re: Noob question about number of deaths   Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:31 am

I like to go with what Cleaning Columbine said. There were a number of factors:
1. The bombs that failed to explode caused a huge blow to moral with over two years of planing down the toilet.
2.There were many injured, a number of them got shot in the head and survived, they must have thought they killed more than they did.
3.By the end they were very low on 9mm ammo to take on the police.
They left the library to check on the bombs with many victims still alive because they thought that they could be stormed disarmed and taken alive, and they couldn't risk it.

_________________
Falling out of airplanes and hiding out in holes
Waiting for the sunset to come, people going home
Jump out from behind them and shoot them in the head
Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2766
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: Noob question about number of deaths   Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:41 am

PotatoSallad wrote:
I like to go with what Cleaning Columbine said. There were a number of factors:
1. The bombs that failed to explode caused a huge blow to moral with over two years of planing down the toilet.
2.There were many injured, a number of them got shot in the head and survived, they must have thought they killed more than they did.
3.By the end they were very low on 9mm ammo to take on the police.
They left the library to check on the bombs with many victims still alive because they thought that they could be stormed disarmed and taken alive, and they couldn't risk it.

You do know that CC gets most of his information off of here right? Those sound like what we've all said throughout our time here. But good pointing those out clearly.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSpiral
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 682
Join date : 2016-04-15
Age : 18
Location : Croatia

PostSubject: Re: Noob question about number of deaths   Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:42 am

ultraviolencelv wrote:
PotatoSallad wrote:
I like to go with what Cleaning Columbine said. There were a number of factors:
1. The bombs that failed to explode caused a huge blow to moral with over two years of planing down the toilet.
2.There were many injured, a number of them got shot in the head and survived, they must have thought they killed more than they did.
3.By the end they were very low on 9mm ammo to take on the police.
They left the library to check on the bombs with many victims still alive because they thought that they could be stormed disarmed and taken alive, and they couldn't risk it.

You do know that CC gets most of his information off of here right? Those sound like what we've all said throughout our time here. But good pointing those out clearly.

I know, just pointing them all out in one post.

_________________
Falling out of airplanes and hiding out in holes
Waiting for the sunset to come, people going home
Jump out from behind them and shoot them in the head
Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Noob question about number of deaths   Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:55 am

Jenn wrote:
@JessSmith,

That's because Eric wasn't a psychopath. There is no way that Eric can be positively diagnosed as a psychopath after his death. The 'doctors' who diagnosed him as one based their decision solely on a journal he left behind. There is no way to prove that this journal he kept was not written for an audience. Which I believe it was.

I agree with what Jenn said here. I was discussing this with a therapist a few days ago. She found the idea of diagnosing Eric and Dylan posthumously absurd, given that there would have been no chance to observe either one of them in their daily actions and no chance to interview them .
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Noob question about number of deaths   Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:57 am

I wonder , also, if the death toll would've been higher if several students hadn't "played dead" . Had the boys known, Patrick Ireland, for instance, was still alive, would they have shot him again ? Or left him as he was ?
Back to top Go down
shades
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2766
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: Noob question about number of deaths   Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:04 am

lilypadlane wrote:
I wonder , also, if the death toll would've been higher if several students hadn't "played dead" . Had the boys known, Patrick Ireland, for instance, was still alive, would they have shot him again ? Or left him as he was ?
I can't recall of any instances they did multiple shots if a person still moved or wailed. I mean Sean for example, Dylan stepped on him and he flinched and Sean said he was convinced Dylan knew he was alive yet he never shot him again and he said "Sorry" to him.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSpiral
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 682
Join date : 2016-04-15
Age : 18
Location : Croatia

PostSubject: Re: Noob question about number of deaths   Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:21 am

ultraviolencelv wrote:
lilypadlane wrote:
I wonder , also, if the death toll would've been higher if several students hadn't "played dead" . Had the boys known, Patrick Ireland, for instance, was still alive, would they have shot him again ? Or left him as he was ?
I can't recall of any instances they did multiple shots if a person still moved or wailed. I mean Sean for example, Dylan stepped on him and he flinched and Sean said he was convinced Dylan knew he was alive yet he never shot him again and he said "Sorry" to him.

I know this isn't a popular opinion but I do sometimes get the impression that Dylan was very squeamish about shooting people in the in the beginning, and only kinda "loosened up" after entering the library. He got like 5 rounds outside and shot at people who he thought were already dead (Lance and Danny).

_________________
Falling out of airplanes and hiding out in holes
Waiting for the sunset to come, people going home
Jump out from behind them and shoot them in the head
Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2766
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: Noob question about number of deaths   Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:36 pm

PotatoSallad wrote:
I know this isn't a popular opinion but I do sometimes get the impression that Dylan was very squeamish about shooting people in the in the beginning, and only kinda "loosened up" after entering the library. He got like 5 rounds outside and shot at people who he thought were already dead (Lance and Danny).
It's hard to tell really. Could be possible. I mean based on account he was the one that went vocal about his excitement to kill first but that could be him psyching himself out and shutting out how gruesome it was to convince himself he enjoyed killing.
But back to not shooting Sean again, I actually don't know why. and there's nothing in my mind now as to whether they shot multiple times people they realised were still alive or not.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
explicit
Permanently Banned


Posts : 62
Join date : 2016-05-17
Age : 15
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Noob question about number of deaths   Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:43 pm

Had the bombs gone off, the body count could have been so much higher - maybe even 100 more. It would be a much bigger event if the bombs had exploded. If their plan had worked then they could have killed so many people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSpiral
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 682
Join date : 2016-04-15
Age : 18
Location : Croatia

PostSubject: Re: Noob question about number of deaths   Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:49 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:
PotatoSallad wrote:
I know this isn't a popular opinion but I do sometimes get the impression that Dylan was very squeamish about shooting people in the in the beginning, and only kinda "loosened up" after entering the library. He got like 5 rounds outside and shot at people who he thought were already dead (Lance and Danny).
It's hard to tell really. Could be possible. I mean based on account he was the one that went vocal about his excitement to kill first but that could be him psyching himself out and shutting out how gruesome it was to convince himself he enjoyed killing.
But back to not shooting Sean again, I actually don't know why. and there's nothing in my mind now as to whether they shot multiple times people they realised were still alive or not.

I don't think they really cared, I mean they could have just shot everyone one more time in the head to be sure, but they didn't. Who knows...

_________________
Falling out of airplanes and hiding out in holes
Waiting for the sunset to come, people going home
Jump out from behind them and shoot them in the head
Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2766
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: Noob question about number of deaths   Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:15 pm

They were no Anders Breivik though [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] For him, He made sure every person that day got multiple shots and bled excessively. NO one could play dead around him. He made Eric and Dylan look so lenient and safe. I don't think the boys cared to check either if a person was dead or not. So, thankfully, body count didn't increase. Patrick Ireland waking up was one hell of a miracle.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NotYourRobot



Posts : 155
Join date : 2016-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Noob question about number of deaths   Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:25 pm

Just pointing out that Cassie was the third person to be shot in the library, so they killed 7 more after her death ( I don't know which were Eric and which were Dylan), but it's a little ridiculous to think Eric breaking his nose effected him and somehow kept him from killing more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Forum Owner
avatar

Posts : 3120
Join date : 2013-03-13
Location : A place where it always snows.

PostSubject: Re: Noob question about number of deaths   Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:40 pm

Well obviously neither one of them felt bad for killing people because they killed 13 people. Even if the timers on the bombs when off, the bombs never would have instantly exploded. A propane bomb will never instantly explode. The tank needs to be heated to explode. That means having a fire lit underneath of it for about 20 minutes or so. And 1. Any fire that started would have been put out by the sprinklers and 2. If a fire did start, all the kids would have ran out of the Cafeteria before the tank heated up to the point of explosion.

So, there was never any chance whatsoever for those bombs to blow up. Even if they connected them correctly to the fuse and the fire was lit. There was still a 0% chance of an explosion. So the bombs would have been a huge failure any way you look at it. And it baffles me that they didn't test this out first or read more into and know these bombs never would have caused an instant explosion. This would actually be a good thing for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to discuss in one of his videos, because a lot of people are not aware that these bombs never would have worked or even understand how they were supposed to work.

I think there is 2 reasons they didn't kill more people. 1. Their adrenaline wore off and 2. They were disappointed in the bombs failing (Eric in particular). They spent a good amount of time trying to get the bombs to explode and by then most of the people were either hiding or had left the school. The entire thing was a huge failure and at that point, I think they just gave up. I have no doubt in my mind that Eric extremely unhappy with the entire project and probably felt it was a waste of time.

_________________
"God, it's so painful when something that's so close is still so far out of reach".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JessSmith



Posts : 5
Join date : 2016-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Noob question about number of deaths   Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:53 pm

Analyzing topics:

Did not kill more because Eric broke his nose? No, they keep killing a lot of people after that.

Did not kill more because they thought they were a losers a they thought they were losers because the bombs have not exploded? I dont think so.They thought they were gods , had huge ego and they killed a lot of people after they knew the bombs didnt explode.

They losed adrenaline and excitement? Meh, maybe. They killed people in a row, so, they stoped. But why? They saw something? They heard something? Why they was angry and from one moment to another they even "save" Evan Todd that they hated... How they losed adreneline doing a thing they wished and planned since long time ago?

They saw people screaming and they fell in real? Dylan maybe. But Eric, NEVER! He was a psycho. Even Dylan showed he was loving that more that Eric.



Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1750
Join date : 2014-02-11
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Noob question about number of deaths   Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:41 pm

JessSmith wrote:
Analyzing topics:

Did not kill more because Eric broke his nose? No, they keep killing a lot of people after that.

Did not kill more because they thought they were a losers a they thought they were losers because the bombs have not exploded? I dont think so.They thought they were gods , had huge ego and they killed a lot of people after they knew the bombs didnt explode.

They losed adrenaline and excitement? Meh, maybe. They killed people in a row, so, they stoped. But why? They saw something? They heard something? Why they was angry and from one moment to another they even "save" Evan Todd that they hated... How they losed adreneline doing a thing they wished and planned since long time ago?

They saw people screaming and they fell in real? Dylan maybe. But Eric, NEVER! He was a psycho. Even Dylan showed he was loving that more that Eric.





I can't tell you what to believe but if you are basing your beliefs about Eric on the work of Dave Cullen,please read some of the threads here about  his book.There is a lot of valuable information here about Cullen that may make you feel differently.

_________________
We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1750
Join date : 2014-02-11
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Noob question about number of deaths   Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:08 pm

lilypadlane wrote:
Jenn wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],

That's because Eric wasn't a psychopath. There is no way that Eric can be positively diagnosed as a psychopath after his death. The 'doctors' who diagnosed him as one based their decision solely on a journal he left behind. There is no way to prove that this journal he kept was not written for an audience. Which I believe it was.

I agree with what Jenn said here. I was discussing this with a therapist a few days ago. She found the idea of diagnosing Eric and Dylan posthumously absurd, given that there would have been no chance to observe either one of them in their daily actions and no chance to interview them .

Lilypadlane,
I'd love it if you made a thread about your talk with the therapist.I'd like to hear more since many people insist the mental health profession is uniform on the depressive and the psychopath theory.

_________________
We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Noob question about number of deaths   Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:09 pm

PaintItBlack wrote:


Lilypadlane,
I'd love it if you made a thread about your talk with the therapist.I'd like to hear more since many people insist the mental health profession is uniform on the depressive and the psychopath theory.

Done . This theory needs to go away. There are so many things from the Psychopathy Checklist used to diagnose the condition that can not be known by a journal. If the journal was written for an audience, then that alone is enough to taint any result .

Eric was, iirc, the only one who was seeing a psychiatrist, and without his mental health records, we can not know what his actual diagnosis was, though the uses of Luvox do give some hints as to what they may have been.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1753
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Noob question about number of deaths   Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:14 pm

lilypadlane wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:


Lilypadlane,
I'd love it if you made a thread about your talk with the therapist.I'd like to hear more since many people insist the mental health profession is uniform on the depressive and the psychopath theory.

Done . This theory needs to go away. There are so many things from the Psychopathy Checklist used to diagnose the condition that can not be known by a journal. If the journal was written for an audience, then that alone is enough to taint any result .

Eric was, iirc, the only one who was seeing a psychiatrist, and without his mental health records, we can not know what his actual diagnosis was, though the uses of Luvox do give some hints as to what they may have been.

I think the luvox can relate a bit to his diversion paperwork. He had too many thoughts and his mind was always racing. didn't he say they wanted him to stop having those racing thoughts at one point?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2766
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

PostSubject: Re: Noob question about number of deaths   Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and is it also entirely possible for him to fake his way through his sessions and through his therapist? Sometimes patients say what the therapist wants to hear for an improving record so they can leave.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Noob question about number of deaths   Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:18 pm

It absolutely is. Much like a hypochondriac can fake symptoms of an illness, a person can pretend to be far more well than they actually are. The course of therapy depends greatly on the patient's honesty.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Noob question about number of deaths   Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:56 pm

Lizpuff wrote:


I think the luvox can relate a bit to his diversion paperwork.  He had too many thoughts and his mind was always racing.  didn't he say they wanted him to stop having those racing thoughts at one point?

I believe so. I would love to see his mental health records and know what his other actual symptoms were. Those racing thoughts may point to a different diagnosis that would also be impossible to make posthumously, but may provide an explanation for some of his behavior that is not related to psychopathy.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1753
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Noob question about number of deaths   Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:26 pm

lilypadlane wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:


I think the luvox can relate a bit to his diversion paperwork.  He had too many thoughts and his mind was always racing.  didn't he say they wanted him to stop having those racing thoughts at one point?

I believe so. I would love to see his mental health records and know what his other  actual symptoms were. Those racing thoughts may point to a different diagnosis that would also be impossible to make posthumously, but may provide an explanation for some of his behavior that is not related to psychopathy.

You and me both!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JessSmith



Posts : 5
Join date : 2016-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Noob question about number of deaths   Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:05 pm

In My Opinion Eric and Dylan had a mixture of ego and complexes.

It is like, in some places, we have inferiority complex (but deep down we know we are equal) and elsewhere we have superiority complex (but deep down we know we are equal).

When we feel inferiority complex and low ego (in their case, maybe at school) we developed a depressive feeling that often leads to depression.

When we feel superiority complex and high ego, we feel like gods, as something unshakable and superior to all others. We thought that we can do everything and the others will venerate us.



Maybe a thing has fed the other. At school they were depresse and they developed a  severe increasingly depression .
When they leave school (to go home or something) their ego began to rise , and they began to think that the people who put them down were just a piece of shit and they would have to do something to counteract this . How they could continue to be demoted for peoples below them? It made no sense. (On their mind)


So , combining the fact Eric take luvox (which did he have suicidal and murderers thoughts all the time) and the fact he has a huge manipulation power, he may have convinced Dylan to join the scheme. How? Easy. Doing what the most terrorists do in order to recruit new members.


He took possession of the weaknesses of Dylan and his depression to convince him that the massacre was the best thing to do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1753
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Noob question about number of deaths   Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:20 pm

JessSmith wrote:
In My Opinion Eric and Dylan had a mixture of ego and complexes.

It is like, in some places, we have inferiority complex (but deep down we know we are equal) and elsewhere we have superiority complex (but deep down we know we are equal).

When we feel inferiority complex and low ego (in their case, maybe at school) we developed a depressive feeling that often leads to depression.

When we feel superiority complex and high ego, we feel like gods, as something unshakable and superior to all others. We thought that we can do everything and the others will venerate us.



Maybe a thing has fed the other. At school they were depresse and they developed a  severe increasingly depression .
When they leave school (to go home or something) their ego began to rise , and they began to think that the people who put them down were just a piece of shit and they would have to do something to counteract this . How they could continue to be demoted for peoples below them? It made no sense. (On their mind)


So , combining the fact Eric take luvox (which did he have suicidal and murderers thoughts all the time) and the fact he has a huge manipulation power, he may have convinced Dylan to join the scheme. How? Easy. Doing what the most terrorists do in order to recruit new members.


He took possession of the weaknesses of Dylan and his depression to convince him that the massacre was the best thing to do.

Please read something other than Cullen before you decide...It is of course up for debate but it has been suggested that the whole thing was Dylan's idea. I tend to agree with that. You should read the "Dylan's journal" thread here
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Noob question about number of deaths
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Number 1 Digimon site
» Hey cowgirl, question from SaraO
» Zulu Victory Question
» Is Rorke's Drift the highest number of VC's awarded for one action?
» I am Number Four

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: